Forum › Anime season

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So apparently, Qualidea Code's yuri pairing stayed to the end of the anime. Time to marathon it I guess.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Chikaon posted:

Is the new love live characters as obnoxiously shit as the first series?
I only watch part of ep1 and I wanted to kill myself.

I like the characters of love live sunshine way more than the original love live. They feel more fleshed out and 3 dimensional than the original love live characters. The plot is not as great and the pacing is wtf though. I think the original love live's story was done a lot better, but sunshine shines better in their slice of life episodes. The group feels more cohesive and believable.

But yeah if you couldn't stand ep 1, then you prob wont enjoy the series, although I thought ep 1 really went all out with the obnoxious comedy. It's a little more toned down in the future eps.

It's a shame how they almost ruined the last episode of Sunshine, bcoz of 2 awkward and meaningless choices trying to get more girls without experience in the group, without consulting the others and the whole performance before the song Episode 11 feels better, we didn't need the last one.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So apparently, Qualidea Code's yuri pairing stayed to the end of the anime. Time to marathon it I guess.

It's not worth it. If you want a somewhat subversive take on the battle school setting so beloved of light novels, sure, but the yuri is background at best

It's a shame how they almost ruined the last episode of Sunshine, bcoz of 2 awkward and meaningless choices trying to get more girls without experience in the group, without consulting the others and the whole performance before the song Episode 11 feels better, we didn't need the last one.

I think they discovered they had an extra episode left late in production. Would explain the strikingly lower budget and general irrelevance of most of the episode

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

It's not worth it. If you want a somewhat subversive take on the battle school setting so beloved of light novels, sure, but the yuri is background at best

I think they discovered they had an extra episode left late in production. Would explain the strikingly lower budget and general irrelevance of most of the episode

That is the only logical explanation... Like, they made the song but didn't want to end the anime without showing it, I'm glad at least Riko seemed to show common sense I bet she was happy when she found out that the other girls wouldn't be allowed to join... She was the only one! she knew it was an awful idea even before finding out that it was against the rules, the others were like mindless followers of Chika's orders, why the producers had to bring that up if they were going to avoid it like 4 minutes later... uffff it makes me shiver to think about it I hope Chika gets an earful from Riko in next season if we get one! that can't happen again.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Not much going on right now besides the Non non Biyori Ova, which was fun. I'll just share the Bleach analysis thingy(now that it got re-uploaded) I watched after I realized it got cancelled. He has covered other things like Berserk and OPM, the vids are kinda long though.

Anyone here finished Digimon tri yet? I don't feel like watching it...but I'm kinda curious.

About Pripara, I wanted to confirm before going ahead with the series to avoid any disappointment if there is no yuri or subtext. Guess I'll watch it myself and decide. Tho in the recent episode (15), the characters are somewhat similar to Mirai and Riko of Mahotsukai and little Garu looks like baby Ha (well not baby exactly) and all three are together. There are other pairs too so I thought there might be some yuri you know. :D

W-wa-what? really?...now I'm curious...hmm...the anime does seem kinda fun but I'm taking a break from idols...soon.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Anyone here finished Digimon tri yet? I don't feel like watching it...but I'm kinda curious.

I think it's only like halfway through?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I think it's only like halfway through?

Is it 6 parts? I though there would be 3...ugh definitely not watching then...

Edit: btw I heard a Leomon dies again pfft is this like a running gag or something?

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 4:27AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Just marathoned Qualidea Code today and...that was actually really, really good; it's simple, had a rather interesting premise and really surprising plot twist towards the end of the anime that was rather well-executed.

What I liked the most is how the twist doesn't exactly take away the suspense and intensity that Eps 5 to 7 had when everyone was getting "killed" and Hime nearly "died" until Hotaru came to rescue her, rather, it offered everything that has happened a sigh of relief that all the characters that were supposedly "killed" are still alive and well.

There's a high potential that Qualidea Code will be on my AoTY list later on, at 5th palce. Oh and, Hime x Hotaru best pairing of Summer 2016, and 2nd best of the year for me.

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 7:51AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

https://sakugablog.yshi.org/2016/09/22/anime-craft-weekly-regalias-production-mystery/

So this is a rather interesting post that follows up on Acta's unfortunate case of having to delay yet another anime production in their hands, also provides details on the changes in the renewed Eps 1 to 4.

And, Regalia officially resumes airing today with Ep 5.

last edited at Sep 29, 2016 12:00PM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

that naruto vs sauske fight was dope my favorite part was when sauske was bashing narutos face in

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

that naruto vs sauske fight

Oh shit, it finally started? Looks i have some Naruto to watch

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Urashi C. Pin posted:

that naruto vs sauske fight was dope my favorite part was when sauske was bashing narutos face in

It was a good fight, but I had to laugh at first... the first thing they did was showing a flashback! I guess naruto is still naruto to the very end, we already saw those like 10 or 20 times during the fight with Madara and the alien girl

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

the new jojo op is really nice

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014
UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

the new jojo op is really nice

Fianlly a Jojo fan!!!!

OH MY GAWD!!!

last edited at Oct 1, 2016 2:21AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

And so the story of Queen Yuinshiel and her sister-fiancée continues...I gotta say Abel's swords looked really impractical, just sayin'.

....Huh...

Interesting...

Tumblr_o4ze4kdynd1tjyeywo4_500
joined Dec 28, 2015

yeeeess so much yuri in shuumatsu no izetta

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Fuck I'm excited cries

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

It's looks really good! I'm super excited.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Agreed, a good start. I hope they stick with the theme because the director writes a lot of BS into his stories so he might screw it up.

But it has potential to be quality yuri, finally.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Izetta's first ep was actually quite good; the yuri pairing between Fine and Izetta makes the anime worth watching, doesn't matter if it's just subtext later on or actual relationship progression.

And while it does lack a certain sense of allure/appeal for me, that's maybe just because I don't find the WWII-based story to be particularly immersive at this point. If the balance is shifted more towards Fine and Izetta's relationship being developed then that'd be great.

Now on the contrary, Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku currently holds the best 1st ep of Fall 2016 for me so far, although it is unfortunate that the main pairing isn't exactly yuri*, but that really depends on if you consider anime like Kampfer to be yuri; still, there're some side yuri pairings, which hopefully won't die given the real nature of this anime.

*: If the male character actually prefers being as La Pucelle (with consideration of the dialogue in the ep), the anime might be focusing on a trans x girl yuri relationship; with this in mind, I am actually rather interested to see how it plays out. But, given the usual prominent themes in survival game stories, there is still the chance of La Pucelle betraying the main MC later on in the series.

On another note, Kaiju Girls is rather funny, and the fact that it is literally the KanColle of the Ultra franchise is pretty nice (now if only the reception from fans of the latter weren't so toxic and immature).

last edited at Oct 2, 2016 4:46AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Izeta and Ikusei delivered ! :) the first one already gave me enough points to follow through (It was like a cute hellsing) but Ikusei keikaku holds most of the answers for the chapter 2... We'll get something original? or a Trying To Hard to Be Edgy Madoka?

Hp Lovecraft
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSnFPKAEA4

last edited at Oct 1, 2016 10:38PM

Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

The new love live gets really better after the first half, but if you couldn't handle one episode then is not for you

If I think of the new Love Live as two girls meet weird on a pier, it's kinda cute, but the music is just not moving me. Need to dive into something new.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Tbh what I'm more concerned about regarding Mahou-kei is whether the series will be more like Selector Wixoss where release from suffering feels like something that the girls have earned or will it follow Pre-Rebellion MM where the ending changed absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Or, the worse case scenario, will it follow Yuuki Yuna where the ending made zero sense and felt like the writer gave up on the story.

But, I have faith that the anime will deliver a satisfying ending that'll make eventual darkness less of a suffering for suffering's sake.

last edited at Oct 1, 2016 11:49PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yuri report, day 1:

Izetta: Manages an impressive amount of subtext despite half of the main pair barely showing up (that look Fine gives Izetta at the end...). Also, is great

Magical Girl Raising Project: So, the apparent love interest is a guy that transforms into girl and I don't know what to think about that. But the OP is making it look like Ripple is going to be more important and people are going to die, so...

Vivid Strike: I don't know because I didn't like it enough to finish the first episode

To reply you must either login or sign up.