Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

huh, seems the hateful comments on that game got removed. Thats a relief to see.

On that same note, I've to find Sakura Space soon…preferably with the unc patch.

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 10:20PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Just watched the latest episode of Fear the Walking Dead. Gotta get some sleep now...
Just wanted to say... I think that this show is finally picking up a little. Still not great but better.

Rina do you know about Talking Dead?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Ofc, I watched it after every ep when s6 was airing lol.

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 11:25PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

so they're apparently remaking Xena and having her in a canon relationship with Gabriel they also talked about changing the her outfit so it's less skimpy I get wanting to change it but I never thought the outfit was skimpy I don't know could be good http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/23/xena-reboot

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 11:27PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

I am so bored here lol.

Not to mention my gf hasn't been online for 3 days now and its starting to make me have anxiety issues…even though she's probably busy with her own stuff to come online.

last edited at Sep 21, 2016 11:49PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

On that same note, I've to find Sakura Space soon…preferably with the unc patch.

You can buy it legally here without needing either steam or patches (unless you want to find a pirated version).

Anon
Your poems are really good. I really like that you rhyme using proper rhymes. I hate poetry (probably thanks to school), but I like to mess with it from time to time. I wrote few poems as a birthday wishes to my friends. I always try to rhyme properly. It is funny, cos I don't like poetry but I'm really strict when writing it.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

You can buy it legally here without needing either steam or patches (unless you want to find a pirated version).

Thanks for the link! :D

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You are welcome ;3

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 5:54AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Today in The Sun: blow up civilians in Syria because Hitler

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

^ You want some good news...?

Read this article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/09/01/alzheimers-new-drug-that-halts-mental-decline-is-best-news-for-d/

Best news I've heard in quite a while ^^

@ Rina

Ofc, I watched it after every ep when s6 was airing lol.

Good. You like all of that background stuff it seems, so I just wanted to make sure...
They had that show since season 2 of TWD. Maybe you wanna catch up with the rest at some point.
They also do it with Fear...

@ Nevri

Your poems are really good. I really like that you rhyme using proper rhymes.

(^____^) Thank you ^^
For me, that's the easiest way to go about it, I guess ;)
I should look into the more complex structures at some point but I'm mostly just too lazy for that...

I hate poetry (probably thanks to school), but I like to mess with it from time to time. I wrote few poems as a birthday wishes to my friends.

Yeah, that's the only time when it really comes in handy – to write some funny birthday cards. Most people like it. And it's more personal than just buying one and handing it over...

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 1:50PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Anon99 posted:

I should look into the more complex structures at some point but I'm mostly just too lazy for that...

If you mean where you count syllables etc. yea, honestly it sounds like too much pain to do. When I do them, I try to match the pace of 2 lines that rhyme which each other, but I never bothered to match syllables and definitely not between all lines. Also I just personally don't like white poems. To me poetry is all about rhymes, so I see white pomes as going easy way. That's why when I make them, rhyming properly is like point of honor to me (lol it sound so serious). Kinda like "if I can do it, all those other poets should be able to do it as well" sort of thinking I guess.

I hate poetry (probably thanks to school), but I like to mess with it from time to time. I wrote few poems as a birthday wishes to my friends.

Yeah, that's the only time when it really comes in handy – to write some funny birthday cards. Most people like it. And it's more personal than just buying one and handing it over...

Agree. I always try to incorporate as much thing as I know about person. It makes wishes much more memorable and enjoyable than most already made wishes you can find online or on cards in shops.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Testing some "outlined" lines similar to the faces in Madoka
Gotta say, although a bit time consuming Took like an hour to do just that this is pretty fun to mess around with

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kyonne posted:

Testing some "outlined" lines similar to the faces in Madoka
Gotta say, although a bit time consuming Took like an hour to do just that this is pretty fun to mess around with

Looks nice. Good job.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

it's better indeed! you just always seek perfection! ;)
what to say... words are friends with your train of thought, it appears^^ and a different emoji on every line to make the picture more vivid... :)

I wish I could write poems, but I don't have such a gift. Though I have tried writing haiku a couple of times... xD

I used to hate poetry in school, probably because it was obligatory and boring stuff... though I've always loved metaphors and comparisons^^

hahahhah! Would have loved to see that! Your face the moment you read that comment ^^

you have to pay for that xD

How about singing in the rain ;)
My Chinese teacher always told me to go screaming in the woods...
I told her that was weird o_O

hah, most likely howling/squeaking in the rain... xD
why did she tell you that, if I may ask?

last edited at Sep 22, 2016 5:55PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

I have a haiku about my complex analysis test I took today :D

Ahem clears throat

why this why this why
this why this why this why this
why this why this why

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I laughed at that harder than I should've.

And ugh…4 days without seeing my gf…and my mind keeps straying to thinking about the worst case scenario, its a pretty terrible way to go about the day.

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Don't worry, I'm sure she's fine and thinking abut you too!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ I really hope so ・-・

I always start overthinking and over worrying whenever she goes offline for a while, like 2 days or so.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alvis posted:

why this why this why
why this why this why

Yes, I definitely can see the craft here. You should start publishing your work ;p

Rina posted:

I always start overthinking and over worrying whenever she goes offline for a while, like 2 days or so.

If that is normal for her to do, then you shouldn't. Then again I'm not one to tell you that since I worry about and overthinking everything. You have no other way to contact her?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ She does go offline sometimes for 2 days or so if she's busy and too tired to log onto her computer. It's probably nothing that I should worry too much about but my mind can't help but imagine the worse…

And no, I can't. Our primary way of contact is online ・ ~ ・

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Anon

A poem about a cake with cheese...? ◔̯◔
I can probably do something like that with ease. d (^‿^✿)
I'm sure you expect it to be tasty, (°・ω・°)
But let's not be all too hasty. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

Good food takes some time and skill (⁰ ◕〜◕ ⁰)
and maybe even some goodwill. ( ̄ー ̄)
Vanilla, sugar and some cream. ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )♥
Gosh, I hope the calories won't be too extreme! (๑°o°๑)
You know, I gotta watch that figure of mine (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑
'cause I still want it to shine even further down the line (¬‿¬)
But hey, you think CCL will eat that cake as well? (õ_ó)
Maybe they will just raise all hell! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Demanding a sweet chocolate cake! ヾ(゚д゚)ノ゛
but that's just not something I could make... ~(´•︵•`)~
Stupidity doesn't really help with life, (╯•ω•╰)
so maybe it is time to finally get myself a wife. (˘⌣˘)ε˘°)
A pretty girl who knows how to cook, ✌(◕‿-)✌
I would never let her off the hook. (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥
And what's the moral of this story? (O_O)
I guess that cooking doesn't always bring you glory! щ(ºДºщ)

This is cute. :D

You didn't use syllabic verse, also there's no rhyme within each line. Does this how a western poem look like?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Well, small update, my gf came back online today ^ - ^

Everything is fine now ^ o ^

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Rina

Here is a latte especially for you :P ^_^ cheers!

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 10:42AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

You didn't use syllabic verse, also there's no rhyme within each line. Does this how a western poem look like?

as far as I know, the type of verse depends on the rhythm of the language... probably that's how it would look like in English

@Alvis

why this why this why
why this why this why

Be my haiku sensei xD
(p.s. I'm sure you did well on the test^^)

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 10:53AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

oliver posted:

It depends on preference. You can use both, one of them or neither and it still can count as poem. At least I was never taught this is the "western way" or anything like that.

Rina posted:

It's probably nothing that I should worry too much about but my mind can't help but imagine the worse…

I know your pain too well T__T Glad turned out everything is fine ;3

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 1:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.