Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

How long have you two been together now? What's she like?

We've been together for 2 years now ^ ○ ^ going to be 3 years next March. She's quite a lot like me tbh, much of our likes and dislikes are the same ^ - ^

@SF - It's terrible but you like it anyway XD

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 10:57PM

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

On another note, Carmilla S3 Act 2 airs in 2 days more Mattie \o/

still can't believe it's ending hope the people behind it go on to make more great stuff

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 11:08PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hi guys ^_^

It's been quite the uneventful weekend for me. Except for the fact that I caught a mole in the garden xD a cute, blind , already fattened, alive one ^^ despite some suggestions to kill the poor thing, I couldn't ^^""
So instead I ended up witnessing the following: a happy mole feasting on worms while a kitten insecurely pats the mole from time to time with a paw xD and while I was there musing how funny live is, I couldn't help wondering what was watching over me in that situation... probably some powerful satellites or the green ETs xD

@Galich I'm very sorry.. I've been too absent-minded lately... and I've missed your post.. :( I will reply to it.

P.s. and that's my 666th post xD

That really does sound very cute. It's nice to hear someone respect lives of the little ones.

I know that kitten part all too well :P

Don't worry about the post, even I forgot about it :P

On a side note, just woke up for no reason at all.. okay, there's a reason; taking antibiotics. For some reason, when taking them I either go to sleep around 4 in the morning and wake up around 10, or fall asleep at 10 and wake up around 3. Today's been a mix of both; from 11 at night to 4:43.

Also, holy crap, starting uni this Friday. That is kind of terrifying.

@Rina I know I haven't been contributing much to the discussion, but reading that you met on the 'Net and are together for already 2 years makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Also made me feel a bit useless in the relationship department :P

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 11:10PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Have fun in Uni! Maybe you will find your special someone there ^ _ -

And im glad to hear that what I mentioned gave you warm and fuzzy feelings ^ - ^

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Hey ho! ヾ(^∇^)

Missed you guys! It's been a few days... ^^

@ Blackkitty

A mole?
That sounds great! Never seen one up close... How did you manage to catch it?
How cruel to suggest to kill that poor little creature! Glad you didn't listen ¡¡¡( •̀ ᴗ •́ )و!!!

@ Galich

I hope you'll have a good start at your university!
Ganbatte! ٩(。•ω•。)و

You should write a book, title: My life with meds! No thrills with pills ;)

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Late replies once more...

@ Nevri

Agree. I always try to incorporate as much thing as I know about person. It makes wishes much more memorable and enjoyable than most already made wishes you can find online or on cards in shops.

Maybe we should start writing funeral speeches ^^
Most of those suck ass. Not personal at all. Too superficial and shallow.... No wonder people are always crying ;)

@ Blackkitty

you just always seek perfection! ;)

Always seeking but never reaching it ^^

what to say... words are friends with your train of thought, it appears

Not when I write stories unfortunately. I put too much weight on some words and concentrate on the little things until I lose interest in the rest ^^ I suck at writing. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

I wish I could write poems, but I don't have such a gift. Though I have tried writing haiku a couple of times... xD

Post it! Post it! Post it! (◕ฺv◕ฺ)

I used to hate poetry in school, probably because it was obligatory and boring stuff... though I've always loved metaphors and comparisons^^

I always liked poetry! We had to translate a poem in English class once! That was awesome!
I can't remember the name anymore. But it rhymed in English and the challenge was to also make it rhyme in German. Was fun.
The teacher kept my notes unfortunately but I think I did a pretty good job. ;)

But I suck at comparisons... I try... but I can never manage to come up with anything good...

why did she tell you that, if I may ask?

I was always to shy to speak freely in front of class. She said that going into the woods and scream would help me get over it. I said I would feel like an idiot doing that. ^^
Honestly don't believe that would have helped...

@ oliver

This is cute. :D
You didn't use syllabic verse, also there's no rhyme within each line. Does this how a western poem look like?

If you just do it for fun, I guess, anything goes ^^

I never studied English literature but there are many different ways to write poems in German. That was one of them. Even though I wouldn't call myself an expert on that (◦’ںˉ◦)
But it seems to be the same in English.
Poe also used that kinda style sometimes: http://poestories.com/read/alone

As for ours, they can be used for the stuffs like that too, but the major uses of them is to help you memorize sentences lot easier.

Ah, we have those school rhymes as well. To help kids remember some stuff.
To be honest, I can't remember a single one ^^
Never helped me much...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Poor Allardyce, only one game in charge...

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

True. I think many ppl in the movies/TV/anime communities have a tendency of mistaking something that is well received for being something that is "objectively" good instead of just seeing it as the general consensus of "good".

I meant more like, there are "objective" ways to examine things like craft, pace, writing, story-telling etc. so even if you don't agree, you can prove something is good or bad. But as Digi said all those rules were establish by experts in the fields agreeing what is and isn't good, so in no way it is actually objective. It is just consensus of what make good art, story, movie etc. that will be liked by most. But in reality all of it is just a personal opinion. We have a saying here "you don't discuss your tastes" which often is seen as just running away, but there is truth in it. Everyone has different taste so agreeing on things can be often hard.

I've never really watched any of Gigguk's reviews tbh, although from what I've heard before his way of reviewing seems to be rather balanced in a way that doesn't show any kind of bias.

I mostly liked them because he do jokes and doesn't take the whole reviewing thing too seriously. I can't say he is not biased, rather tries to find some good and bad sides and not give any ultimate judgment (from what I remember/saw). Honestly I just found few his reviews/videos I saw more funny and entertaining than helpful. I rarely watch reviews to actually know if something is good or bad, especially since most of the time I don't plan to see reviewed stuff anyway.

Anon99 posted:

Maybe we should start writing funeral speeches ^^
Most of those suck ass. Not personal at all. Too superficial and shallow.... No wonder people are always crying ;)

Didn't expect you to go for black comedy xD

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Nevri

Ah, I see. What I was talking about was more how ppl tend to take these artificial rules to be absolutes for what makes something good. To a point where they omit the fact that "good and bad" are constructs forged by perceptions and preferences, and start to collocate "well received due to following the rules of consensus" with "undeniable fact that it is good".

And I agree with that saying tbh. It's better to try to find ppl with similar tastes and get enjoyment from discussing within a common liking than to debate over different tastes imo.

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 8:59PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

^ Have fun in Uni! Maybe you will find your special someone there ^ _ -

And im glad to hear that what I mentioned gave you warm and fuzzy feelings ^ - ^

Thank you!

Well, so I kept telling to myself, but the more I think about it, the more jaded I become.

Alright, I've managed to save all of us from this post turning into a rant about my relationships. Whew.

Glad I could make you glad :P

@ Galich

I hope you'll have a good start at your university!
Ganbatte! ٩(。•ω•。)و

You should write a book, title: My life with meds! No thrills with pills ;)

@Anon
Cheers! Arigatou Gozaimasu!

Sounds like a worthy sequel to "Just my luck: life of Galich" and "Posting more for less: Dynasty Edition!".

As I've said many many pages ago, I'm really self deprecating. Guess here you have some proof :P

Well.. dunno about "no thrills" parts, at least for my friends. They had plenty of them with reading my messages late at night.. not gonna go into further details tho.

Also, really sucks to wake up early at night, look at the clock and go "Hmm, two weeks ago I'd be slowly considering going to bed at this hour"

last edited at Sep 27, 2016 9:47PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich (it turned out to be a long post.. I'm sorry)

Also, holy crap, starting uni this Friday. That is kind of terrifying.

Have fun in Uni! Maybe you will find your special someone there ^ _ -

Just be yourself and have fun!!^^ I'm sure everything will be alright and you will meet many new people who share common interests with you.
you know, when I was a first year student in Uni, even I was able to fall for someone..xD.... and I had never had any such interests before -_-...

On a side note, just woke up for no reason at all.. okay, there's a reason; taking antibiotics. For some reason, when taking them I either go to sleep around 4 in the morning and wake up around 10, or fall asleep at 10 and wake up around 3. Today's been a mix of both; from 11 at night to 4:43.

your sleep schedule is a bit messy... :( why do you take antibiotics?

I will remind you.. xD

The black and white one. Well he already has around 14 years.. cannot be really sure. He's lived in a few interesting places; a few offices, 3 different houses, Schindler's factory (yup, I do mean the real deal) and a few synagogues. A local rabin brought it to my mother.

lol.. he surely had adventures in his life and I bet he could tell us some interesting meow-stories^^ he can live happily a couple more! synagogues... is he religious?

Does it really show? Well.. I really am excited for it V: It's basically the main thing that my life revolves around. Cannot wait to start the year!

I've seen you the happiest when you were telling us how you had been accepted into uni :)

Sounds so cute! How did you get her? Also, what's her name if I can know?

Reminds me that every time I see a dog they think of me as of food. Makes me horified.

She is a queer kitten xD.. her sense of smell and her hearing are extremely well-developed, but when I reach to pet her, she gets startled by my movement and jumps off suddenly. Maybe she has some problems with her eyes, though she is definitely not blind. My tasty bribes paid off - now, when she decides, she comes purring to sleep in my lap^^

Her name is Shami (from the French word 'chat' and the first two letters of my nickname xD - my father said: "this is your cat, you've always wanted a black cat")

You managed to find out one of my dreams :P

Actually, there's a story connected to that; I have a very huge dislike towards Vladimir Putin for one reason. Back in 2012 we had a few school trips organised (as I attended Russian classes, I had the occassion to go for half the price to Sankt Petersburg). Everything was set, 2012 just turned and.. the annexing of Crimea happened. I am still really angry about that. Thanks for ruining my trip Vladdie.

well, you are a Russophile, you love history and you have cats at home - you just have to go to the Hermitage^^ recently I've watched a documentary on the Hermitage cats <3
It is one of the places I would love to visit someday! :) I wonder how much time will be needed to have a look around all the buildings...

I'm angry as well... my Ukrainian friend was affected by the war..

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 8:06AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

we missed you too! how are you doing?^^

Guess what!! Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Mark Selby in a Snooker Show with Michaela Tabb as a referee, October 1... in the sports hall that is just across the street... but I'm not going anyway..

A mole?
That sounds great! Never seen one up close... How did you manage to catch it?
How cruel to suggest to kill that poor little creature! Glad you didn't listen ¡¡¡( •̀ ᴗ •́ )و!!!

a part of the garden has a damp rich soil and the mole hunts worms there.. so I was in the right place at the right time and caught it ;)
I don't listen to unreasonable suggestions xD

Always seeking but never reaching it ^^

can't you just see how everything is perfectly imperfect!

I suck at writing. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

... i don't believe you...

Post it! Post it! Post it! (◕ฺv◕ฺ)
no way..

I always liked poetry! We had to translate a poem in English class once! That was awesome!
I can't remember the name anymore. But it rhymed in English and the challenge was to also make it rhyme in German. Was fun.
The teacher kept my notes unfortunately but I think I did a pretty good job. ;)

But I suck at comparisons... I try... but I can never manage to come up with anything good...

lol, that's quite the achievement here! Poetry translation isn't for everyone!

and I can't produce rhymes..

I was always to shy to speak freely in front of class. She said that going into the woods and scream would help me get over it. I said I would feel like an idiot doing that. ^^
Honestly don't believe that would have helped...

me too, it was the worst when I had to talk in front of the class..

or you would've been a happy screaming idiot!

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

https://youtu.be/nEIiYuviH3g

tis' always a good day when one of my favorite seiyuu gets a solo debut.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ congrats! :) so she is the road to success ^^

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

you know, when I was a first year student in Uni, even I was able to fall for someone..xD.... and I had never had any such interests before -_-...

Sounds like someone I know. :D

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Reminder that Carmilla S3 Act 2 airs today ^ - ^

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbvYWjKFvS5p8JB-IkWjmr3IKdDuSYi1d

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

It's over isn't it

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

It's over isn't it

I barely ended season 1. Tbh, i kinda had mixed feeling for it. It has really good moments but some cheesy ones too.

Does it get better in season 2?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ It really depends, tbh. I found S2 to be weaker than S1 :/

It's over isn't it

Act 3 should be the last one, and unfortunately, S3 is final season for now.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I really hate BT, internet disconnects 5 or 6 times a day :/

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Galich

Lmao I fail in the relationship department then too! Hopefully, you're like me and you're so consumed in your school work you don't even have the time to be interested in people....well, that's probably not hopeful at all actually. How big is your uni? If it's huge you'll likely find someone~

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

So here's a dance + music video for everyone ^ _ ^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIparr0q5ww

Also, I've changed my profile pic again ^ o ^

last edited at Sep 30, 2016 8:19AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich (it turned out to be a long post.. I'm sorry)

More good stuff, no need to apologise :P

Have fun in Uni! Maybe you will find your special someone there ^ _ -

Thank ya! Well, really looking forward to it!

So I hope.. well, it's more of a concern if anyone will be interested in me. There's also the entire gender thing.. kind of hard to stay positive, but I'm trying to keep it positive.

Just be yourself and have fun!!^^ I'm sure everything will be alright and you will meet many new people who share common interests with you.

Kind of cagey as well about the difficulty, but the new people.. really trying not to get my hopes up but I'm really excited. Hopefully it will have less trailer trash than my previous schools.

Well, from what I heard many couples ended up meeting at unis..

your sleep schedule is a bit messy... :( why do you take antibiotics?

Fortunately, it's much better now.

Well, was taking them for generic sicknesses.. nothing serious thankfully.

I will remind you.. xD

Yay!

lol.. he surely had adventures in his life and I bet he could tell us some interesting meow-stories^^ he can live happily a couple more! synagogues... is he religious?

Wish I had this interesting of life :P Amazing how many places he's visited.. now it's mostly visits to the vet :(

Hmm, doesn't seem like it.. Since he likes me the best out of his house, maybe he took a bit of cynism from me?

I've seen you the happiest when you were telling us how you had been accepted into uni :)

I totally was! Still really excited and all, but also kind of nervous! Wish i could hug everyone in here for the support!

She is a queer kitten xD.. her sense of smell and her hearing are extremely well-developed, but when I reach to pet her, she gets startled by my movement and jumps off suddenly. Maybe she has some problems with her eyes, though she is definitely not blind. My tasty bribes paid off - now, when she decides, she comes purring to sleep in my lap^^

Her name is Shami (from the French word 'chat' and the first two letters of my nickname xD - my father said: "this is your cat, you've always wanted a black cat")

Oh, this is so nice ^^ so now a black kitty has a black kitty!

Yup, those whiskered bastards love their edible bribes! Now you'll have someone to warm you at Autumn.

well, you are a Russophile, you love history and you have cats at home - you just have to go to the Hermitage^^ recently I've watched a documentary on the Hermitage cats <3
It is one of the places I would love to visit someday! :) I wonder how much time will be needed to have a look around all the buildings...

I'm angry as well... my Ukrainian friend was affected by the war..

Totally forgot about their cats!

Oh, really sucks to hear that. Are they from eastern Ukraine? Are they well?

@Galich

Lmao I fail in the relationship department then too! Hopefully, you're like me and you're so consumed in your school work you don't even have the time to be interested in people....well, that's probably not hopeful at all actually. How big is your uni? If it's huge you'll likely find someone~

Well, looks like both of us wouldnt be efficient at directing that department :)

Got a similr thing.. But well, eventually you end up too tired to work and start feeling that you lack relationships..

Around 55k students iirc. Dunno if it's that big or not.

Only 35 people on the same degree as me tho.

Well.. so I hope. As I said before, gender related stuff won't be helpful.. That, and the fact that I seem to have opposite of magnetism when talking about relationships.. always one sided.

Overall, seeing my chances as kind of slim, but hey, there's always dating sites and LGBT clubs.. and living alone. Wish I had any queer friends to go to clubs with..

Sorry if this post seems to be a bit off from my usual ones, it just reflects my mood I guess..

@Rina darn, on the phone. Cannot see your pic.

last edited at Sep 30, 2016 11:46AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm bored right now so I'm gonna answer

On the topic of anime YT'bers though, what's everyone's following list like?

No anime stuff other than Dodger's (PressHeartToContinue) stuff from time to time.
Total Biscuit and NorthernLion for gaming stuff.
Channel Awesome for the Nostalgia Reviews.
IHE for his I Hate Everything and Search for the Worst series.
H3H3 and Ethan and Hila for when I see something that interests me.
Smosh Games and Screen Junkies exactly once a week for the Honest Trailers.

And they are not Youtubers per se but I also follow the channels of the Daily Show, Last Week Tonight and Stephen Colbert.

Also, wow, this thread has some really long posts.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ It's great to see someone that watches Last Week Tonight here, I watch it occasionally as well ^ _ ^

Oh and, for @Galich,

This is current avatar if you can't see it yet (lol)

last edited at Sep 30, 2016 2:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.