Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

(^∇^)
When you sell something on eBay and end up talking about your customers virility (◕ฺv◕ฺ)

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Random question, say you were given 10 website links and 3 of them led to disgusting shock websites,1 of them was a link to a fluffy short adorable yuri OVA and the other 6 were links to basic websites like Youtube and twitter and all that other stuff. Would you take the risk ? I would :)

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 6:52PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Anon

Yeah, that's the only time when it really comes in handy – to write some funny birthday cards.

As for ours, they can be used for the stuffs like that too, but the major uses of them is to help you memorize sentences lot easier.

@Blackkitty

as far as I know, the type of verse depends on the rhythm of the language... probably that's how it would look like in English

Yeah, perhaps, that is how it would look like in English. I know some Vietnamese and Thai poems, we use similar types of verses.

@Nevri

It depends on preference. You can use both, one of them or neither and it still can count as poem. At least I was never taught this is the "western way" or anything like that.

I have never seen any poem that doesn't use a syllabic verse despite having been taught poetry from kindergarten throughout high school. Maybe this is "my country way".

@SF

Random question, say you were given 10 website links and 3 of them led to disgusting shock websites,1 of them was a link to a fluffy short adorable yuri OVA and the other 6 were links to basic websites like Youtube and twitter and all that other stuff. Would you take the risk ? I would :)

I think a fluffy short adorable yuri OVA couldn't give me a good dream, while those three disgustingly shocking websites would be enough to give me nightmares. Therefore, it would be "no" for me. If I were given to watch them while eating, I would reply "no" without even thinking. I find people like you, who could do that, cool.

last edited at Sep 23, 2016 8:01PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@BlackKitty

Thanks ^ o ^

@SF

I think I'd have to go with no as well...though a short adorable Yuri OVA would be nice...

@Nevri

Indeed, it's really relieving ^ _ ^

last edited at Sep 24, 2016 12:01AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

No one posted in a while O _ O Just going to leave a random song while everyone does their own stuff I guess,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYnSWgHXM8k

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
I suppose everyone's enjoying their week-end :P

I'll share a song too, one of the trendiest at the moment in France, from PNL ( a french group); it really is pleasant to listen. Enjoy !

last edited at Sep 24, 2016 9:21PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Indeed, everyone's having some wknd fun XD and oh hey, you changed your avatar (lol)

Anyways, I just finished listening to Digibro's "Objective Good doesn't exist" vlog and I agreed with everything that he has said, was quite an insightful video tbh.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Here's my addition to your musical needs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNaE0HwPw8Q
WARNING: You may or may not get an ad.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

The end of days must be near, I actually agree with That Anime Snob on something for once, hell, even Digibro shares the same sentiment as TAS, and they've been (onesidedly) at eachother's throats since forever.

Also, this comment here seems really surreal after watching the "Objectively Good doesn't exist" video from Digibro.

...he's desperately trying to put down what is objectively one of the best shows of this season.

sigh

But that aside, how's everyone doing lately?

last edited at Sep 25, 2016 9:44AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rina posted:

...he's desperately trying to put down what is objectively one of the best shows of this season.

Yea. I always liked what I liked but still thought there are shows that you can prove are good w/e you like them or not. Only watching Digi make me realize that it is always all about opinions and there is no way to objectively decided which shows are well made. At best there can be consensus that they are good (hence how cult classics comes to be) or how he liked to say it, critically acclaimed.

Only video I saw on Re:zero was this which yt suggested me and as I saw his videos before I gave it a shot. I think he strikes a good balance between giving credit and criticizing the show.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Nevri

True. I think many ppl in the movies/TV/anime communities have a tendency of mistaking something that is well received for being something that is "objectively" good instead of just seeing it as the general consensus of "good".

I've never really watched any of Gigguk's reviews tbh, although from what I've heard before his way of reviewing seems to be rather balanced in a way that doesn't show any kind of bias. On the topic of anime YT'bers though, what's everyone's following list like? I personally tend to watch stuff from Akarda (Glass Reflection) whenever he uploads them, and for episodic stuff per season I usually follow Chibi Reviews if he is covering any anime I am watching for reviews, and Sun Wukong/Memory NK for live-reactions.

But, given my criteria for every season is basically "don't bother picking up anything that doesn't contain yuri subtext and an all girl cast", it's rare for me to find any reviewers covering what I watch weekly if at all; and Yurination's blog (of which I personally don't really like to visit since we share fundamentally different views on the 7th Sono Hanabira game), doesn't really do reviews rather short recaps. Which usually leaves me with my own episodic thoughts if I so incline to write them weekly on my Tumblr blog*.

*I hardly doubt anyone other than my gf actually reads them, but I enjoy writing them every week, it really helps to consolidate my thoughts on things.

last edited at Sep 25, 2016 1:04PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

On the topic of anime YT'bers though, what's everyone's following list like?

You mean in general, or specifically with relation to stuff like anime reviews? I don't watch any of the latter, so my list is gonna be hella short there, but for the former here are a few I like:

KayPlays - As you'd expect, LPs. She's extremely observant and analytical, so she's great with stuff like the Dark Souls series or Gone Home, which benefit from digging into lore and such.

Grickle - Co-director of Boxtrolls and creator of the Puzzle Agent games. Weird and funny animation.

FarFromSubtle - YT channel for Video Games Awesome, I like their "Show & Trailer" episodes

Potholer 54 - Science and debunking stuff, not posting much these days

Honest Game Trailers - Not a channel per se, but part of Smosh Gaming. I usually watch in batches.

Jim Sterling - Occasionally I remember he exists and does a segment on something I'm interested in, but not a regular watch.

LobosJR - His One Punch Man run of Dark Souls is probably the funniest run ever made. Again, not a regular watch, but I catch his stream occasionally.

HexDSL - A MineTest friend, he does stuff on Linux gaming mostly.

Her Story Show - Obvious reasons.

Zee Avi Music - Great musician from Malaysia, hasn't uploaded much lately.

Most of the other stuff I watch is generally along those lines. Game stuff, music stuff, the occasional webseries, and science/skepticism stuff, plus stuff by people I know.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

DAMN!
Got soy sauce all over my leg

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I'm betting you were eating japanese food while watching an ocean eleven-like movie in your bed.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm betting you were eating japanese food while watching an ocean eleven-like movie in your bed.

Not yet i'm still finishing re-watching Mr and Mrs Smith
I was eating japanese food while my brother knocked the coke's bottle into the soy sauce into me on the dining table
A really tasty temaki i might add, still not on par with the one my cousin makes though, she makes wonders with the cream cheese

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Was right on the japanese food.
Plot twist : your brother did that on purpose :P

Cream chesse with a temaki ? Never heard of such. I don't eat japanese meals that often though, and when I do, it's usually salmon sashimi / sushi with rice and a small amount of wasabi so.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well i did hear something about the cries of disgust from japaneses for the overuse of cream cheese us dumb foreigners like to do, i wasn't sure if it was outside of Japan in general or if it's a Brazil thing but i think i'm getting a clear picture now
All the restaurants i've seen does this, stick a giant cream cheese in the middle and call it a day, a little awkward if you ask me
My cousin? No man, she mix the fuck out of the salmon cubes in a pot with cream cheese and then roll it into a temaki, looks kinda slimy and tentacle hentai'ish but damn me if it isn't tasty, gotta book another home made sushi party

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Rina

Maybe this is just me..but not being able to contact for 2+ days is a little much. I'm saying this with the hopefully incorrect assumption she doesn't tell you she's going to be busy in the future.If she does then disregard this. I usually tell my partner at the time I may not be online for this many days because of whatever event is happening.

Also, how did you two meet? (Sorry if you already told everyone the story I am pretty bad catching up on this thread sometimes)

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Nevvri

Not quite what I was expecting but Kay Plays sounds interesting, I might check it out later.

@Alvis

For this time, her monitor screen got glitched and didn't work so she had to go take a new one from her family summer cabin. Usually I just assume that she is too tired from working or she went out with her friends, as much as I would like her to tell me where she goes everytime, she tends to forget about it anyways.

And we met on Google+ actually. 1 awkwardly shy Hangouts msg sent from me and we just started talking and eventually got together ^ - ^ Both of us just got out from a failed relationship at that time so I guess that connected us aside from our mutual likes and interests.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Hi guys ^_^

It's been quite the uneventful weekend for me. Except for the fact that I caught a mole in the garden xD a cute, blind , already fattened, alive one ^^ despite some suggestions to kill the poor thing, I couldn't ^^""
So instead I ended up witnessing the following: a happy mole feasting on worms while a kitten insecurely pats the mole from time to time with a paw xD and while I was there musing how funny live is, I couldn't help wondering what was watching over me in that situation... probably some powerful satellites or the green ETs xD

@Galich I'm very sorry.. I've been too absent-minded lately... and I've missed your post.. :( I will reply to it.

P.s. and that's my 666th post xD

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 2:33AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ That actually sounds really cute for some reason ^ o ^ Hope the mole likes it new home~

Also, this is the most random song I've ever heard (LOL)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXZq2g-qKPw

last edited at Sep 26, 2016 6:42AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ it's not a new home, it's more like a pet mole to me because it has a hunting ground which happens to be in our garden and occasionally I see it going out on the surface.

so you met your girlfriend on Google+ , love is everywhere! Good thing you where brave enough to text her first :) (sorry for reading your post to Alvis, but listening to others telling how they met the person they are dating charges me with positive energy^^

ok, one song from me too...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUuPlbQXvn0

..it's been playing in my head for a while.. and it's time to go to sleep. Good night guys

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Ah I see, well I hope you like your new pet mole XD

lol it's okay ^ - ^ and yeah, Im really really glad that I took the leap to talk to her back then ^ o ^

On another note, Carmilla S3 Act 2 airs in 2 days more Mattie \o/

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

^ That actually sounds really cute for some reason ^ o ^ Hope the mole likes it new home~

Wow....t-that song.

Whew, that's good that she usually tells you. It's interesting to see more and more people meet people online. How long have you two been together now? What's she like? What is her favorite flavor of pie?

joined Jun 11, 2016

That song is so bad Its good lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.