Forum › Cocytus discussion

Upside-down-legomd
joined Jun 13, 2015

BUT I THOUGHT IT FINISHED

oh wait these are different characters.... BUT STILL, WHY

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 11:02PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Yeah, definetely the worst personality possible.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I have no idea what I just read

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

This author is so edgy, jesus...

Img_0046
joined Mar 20, 2015

I want off Naoko wild ride.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

what does edgy mean?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

what does edgy mean?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgy

When someone thinks they're cool or interesting in a way that pushes boundaries, but aren't actually saying anything meaningful and just come across as a self-important asshat.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 1:41AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

what does edgy mean?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgy

The author thinks... she's cool?

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

She didn't do anything bad to her friend in this chapter. Are you condemning her for thought crimes?

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

She didn't do anything bad to her friend in this chapter. Are you condemning her for thought crimes?

I think what OP meant was that she was kind of leading her on. She was blatantly flirting with her even though she had no romantic feelings towards Itsuki, yet she wanted to monopolize her. Thats kind of messed up. Its one thing to want to keep your best friend but its another thing to take advantage of her romantic attraction towards you to keep them tied down. Well, at least thats how I see it.

joined Apr 12, 2014

Damn chapter 3 was so good in need 4 now

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

it's a yuri a little atypical, i like it, but i hoped to see the continuation of kuroneko story, that was an interesting character.
is there a 2°part of the first story in this book or it ended like that?

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

i dont understand... is chapter 3 onward a new story or something ?

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Yes!! More!

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

First story was great, but wow...really didn't like that Moratorium story at all. Thought at first her interest was gonna be nonsexual but still romantic, but nope. Just a relationship motivated by purely selfish reasons.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

First of all, it's Morishima. Second, let's see: School girl, adult life, office lady, age gap, NSFW, love triangle, incest, slice of life, 4-koma versus... drama, drama, drama, bullying, cheating, het and... more drama. Yeah, Morishima is definitely the one with the same story over and over again. Especially Yuri Kuma Arashi, that's totally something she's done before.

Yes, Morishima, my bad, thought of something else when I was typing.
As for other part: PWAHAHA yeah, she has different stories, right! Laughed my eyes off, thank you. Except for Yuri Kuma Bullshit her stories are identical garbage, sis. Really. I like her, I keep reading her, but to compare her to deep stories of Kodama... Just no.

Don't even have to read the rest. Ahhahaahha Morishima has different stories, that's some joke...

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

First of all, it's Morishima. Second, let's see: School girl, adult life, office lady, age gap, NSFW, love triangle, incest, slice of life, 4-koma versus... drama, drama, drama, bullying, cheating, het and... more drama. Yeah, Morishima is definitely the one with the same story over and over again. Especially Yuri Kuma Arashi, that's totally something she's done before.

As for other part: PWAHAHA yeah, she has different stories, right! Laughed my eyes off, thank you. Except for Yuri Kuma Bullshit her stories are identical garbage, sis. Really. I like her, I keep reading her, but to compare her to deep stories of Kodama... Just no.

Don't even have to read the rest. Ahhahaahha Morishima has different stories, that's some joke...

rofl
It seems like you're the one who's joking. Calling the work of Morishima sensei garbage is ... well I guess I could tolerate it [even if that's kind of disrespectful towards Morishima akiko] if you weren't saying that Naoko's "deep" stories are better. That's just too much.

Kodama Naoko's stories are NOT deep. They're all (Renai manga and some oneshot aside) about fucked up characters fucking up the few non fucked-up characters. Wow, so deep. But I believe it's enjoyable and "to each their own" I guess.
And ... Akiko's stories are everything but "identitcal garbage".

Have you read Nostalgia, Off time, Hanjuku joshi, the condition for paradise, [insert one of her work] ... Those are deep.
Deep doesn't mean tragic, sad, heartbreaking, aangst, drama. Deep is for something with hidden meaning(s), for something that can be interpreted in various way, for something that make you think, for a story that's well written. (e.g : none of Naoko's stories..)

I don't even know why I'm still trying to argue and to explain things to someone this narrow-minded..

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 4:14PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Characters having inner turmoils = depth
Flawed characters = depth
A touch of of reality = depth

... WAT

No.

last edited at Aug 20, 2016 4:08PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, just because someone criticized an author you like doesn't mean you have to go on a tear shitting on someone else's.

This thread's gone far enough and is off topic at best, pick another aspect to talk about.

joined Oct 11, 2010

Who would have thought that what I came here to complain about also came to pass in the discussion of this ____.
Good job.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I think what OP meant was that she was kind of leading her on. She was blatantly flirting with her even though she had no romantic feelings towards Itsuki, yet she wanted to monopolize her. Thats kind of messed up. Its one thing to want to keep your best friend but its another thing to take advantage of her romantic attraction towards you to keep them tied down. Well, at least thats how I see it.

That's how her inner monologue framed what she did. However in practice all she did from what I remember was invite her friend on a trip. A lot of people have inner lives that are much more screwy than their outward behavior suggests. My point here is that I don't think the MC is necessarily an abusive person based on this chapter alone; it looks far more to me like she's going through a phase in her life where she's struggling with intrusive negative thoughts, and she has a crush on her best friend which she projects onto her out of denial. I think for the time being it would be rash to write off this story as "edgy and annoying like the author's other works."

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

That's some cold truth to reveal. Straightforward though.

Darn it, here I was very exciting, thinking it continues from the first story -.-

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

will kuroneko have more story or will it be a bunch of different stories?

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

strangely enough, I like the Moratorium first part, its an interesting perspective.

To reply you must either login or sign up.