Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Anon, Normally I see movies in 3D (or just end up because it has a time that fits my schedule... like saw Star Trek Beyond in 3D, didn't want to because tickets were $20 and I was gonna see it twice but only time that worked... ) but I had free tickets for Suicide Squad in regular so I saw it like that. Movie doesn't deserve your money. :P

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

I remember my first 3D session in early 2000s with my cousin and being confused about people's reaction. The tickets were around 5 times more expensive, iirc it was one of Transformers movies. Around 12 years ago I found out that I lack depth perception >.>

Especially the case with some 3D posters and postcards, everyone goes "oh, that's so neat" and I just thinking that it looks weird >.>

On a side note, having woken up I've noticed to my horror that my cat ate two of my cancer sticks that I had left outside the box a night ago. Looks like my defenses have been breached and someone from this thread had recruited my poor cat as a secret agent ;_;

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 10:22AM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-11/hobby-japan-the-7-deadly-sins-multimedia-project-gets-tv-anime/.105291

This would actually be rather nice if it doesn't have a generic self-insert male MC; it doesn't even have to reach Valkyrie Drive lvl of yuri, just plain subtext will do.

@Galich I wonder which members here appeared in your dreams (lol)

@Anon Having someone that you have a crush on appear in your dreams sounds cute ^ o ^ would be even better if somehow the dreams between the 2 of you were connected...would be a fated meeting wouldn't it ^ - ^

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 10:55AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Attention, weird post approaching!

@Rina Pretty much all regulars, was walking down a hall with Anon and Blackkitty. On the other side of the hall there was the entire "old" crew from the first 20 pages like oliver and Alvis. You were running from the other side of the corridor to them to tell them something. I specifically remember that you looked like your Dynasty avatar. Iirc the council of maids, including me, was looking for CCL since the classes were starting.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Fuck, one of my friends at work just got fired. :(

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ZuljinRayor damn, sucks to hear. Judging by your reaction, it was some corporate level bullshit and not their fault.

Budget cuts, or making space for nepotism?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Attention, weird post approaching!

@Rina Pretty much all regulars, was walking down a hall with Anon and Blackkitty. On the other side of the hall there was the entire "old" crew from the first 20 pages like oliver and Alvis. You were running from the other side of the corridor to them to tell them something. I specifically remember that you looked like your Dynasty avatar. Iirc the council of maids, including me, was looking for CCL since the classes were starting.

That sounds rather interesting tbh, and not weird at all ^ . ^ although, I've 2 characters in my avatar so I'm not sure which one are you refering to (lol)

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Rina They were kind of merged, looked much like the one on the right but with green and shorter hair.

Well, good to hear that you're not weirded out by that >.>

I vaguely remember how others looked like, I recall CCL looking like their avatar here as well. Actually, a few people did look like their avatars, which was weird.. oliver (sorry!), Nez-chan, ZuljinRaynor and Blackkitty (the old one, dunno how that works, dream logic o.O) is something I'm fairly confident about. Anon looked like my current avi. I was looking like my old picture, cynical and all, but taller >.>

Well, if I had more skills than just reading, I would've totally written a story like that!

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Galich, I honestly don't know. I believe the executive overseeing the department did not like him but everyone else did. I don't know if it was performance based but I would think not.

I talked to him yesterday asking how it was going and ue said it was getting worse. Talk about unexpected foreshadowing.

I went with this friend to movies all the time. He was the one that took me out to see Suicide Squad for free like 2 weeks ago.

I hate seeing people get fired... but when it is a friend it is hard. Real hard.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ZuljinRaynor Well, looks like a typical case of a higher up finding a person that is up to their liking and not giving a toss about their performence as long as it's not completly off, completly ignoring the rest of the coworkers.

If it's the case, that's just plain selfish. I can understand the budget cuts and all, but firing soemone just because you don't like their face is an issue that is hard to deal with from any countries, since there always will be a made-up excuse.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 11:42AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

If it's the case, that's just plain selfish. I can understand the budget cuts and all, but firing soemone just because you don't like their face is an issue that is hard to deal with from any countries, since there always will be a made-up excuse.

Welcome to the business world. Too bad everyone isn't like people on this thread, it sure would be smoother...

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I like my job a lot. I just hate the politics that happen way above me.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 12:00PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Utoptia Had this thought too many times. I guess that threads like this connect people with similar attitudes and views.

Even from a bussiness' perspective it's a bad thing. Recrutation, training, getting used to the workplace, getting to know new coworkers.. it all takes time and money, while greatly reducing efficency and increases the tension between staff and higherups. It's a lose-lose situation that is only convenient for one person while everyone else loses something

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 12:04PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Utoptia

Hey! (^_^)/
Just wanted to say thanks for recommending Always Human again!
I've read all available chapters and I think it's really cute. Feels different than most yuri stories in comics. Which is a good thing. I like variety.
It focuses more on the actual relationship and not just the way there and it also feels more realistic since there's no artificial drama so far. I like ^^ So thank you for bringing it up!

@ ZuljinRaynor

Guess I'll find out later if it's really worth my money or not ;)

Sorry, to hear that about your coworker! I hope he'll find a job were he's appreciated.
It's always hard when life takes someone away from you. Even if it's just a buddy at work...

@ Rina

That would indeed feel like fate ^^ Would be interesting to know if something like that actually ever happened to someone...

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Anon and Rina there was actually one work like that on Dynasty, "I want to lock you up" by Rokuroichi. Mostly smut. I guess that you weren't the only ones to think of it :P

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Anon

Yo, sup'
You're welcome, tho I'm surprised you liked it, precisely because there is no drama^^
There's a new chapter every saturday by the way, so the pace is pretty good.
I'm glad you liked it.

Galich

I remember having talked about I want to lock you up one day with you. Well, even if it's smut, it's one of the best I've read.
Talking about dream.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 12:30PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Utopia Oh, right! I do remember now. Dunno why I've reacted to coldly to it at first. While I'm not a huge fan of smut, it's one of few exceptions that I like an awful lot. I think it was the first work I've tried to find on Dynasty when I joined this site and decided to make a few lists.

Also, I was also thinking about Dream at dawn. Amano Shunita is one of my favourite aritsts, and that work is in my top 10, and top 3 of NSFW ones even if it's not smut, which says a lot).

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Lmao, thumbs up the new oneshot that's just been added, such an eyeball licking tag.

You're free to read it, but ... it's somehow ... weird.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Utopia Well, it's.. different. Saying this as someone who has Dowman Sayman set in her favourites.

Actually, I do remember one fairly sane work from then, it was something about cats on the roof?

Some of the tags can be pretty niche but enjoyable, like robot. Those stories tend to be ridiculously cute.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

On a side note, it's nice to see many users with an early join date and low posts count post here so often, shows that we've attracked a lot of ex-lurkers.

Cynical page opener and a double post. This couldn;t get any worse.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 1:26PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Gold medal page opening to @ Galich

I'm not fond of Dowman Sayman, but I guess their work are ok. Nothing can beat a good John K Peta work anyway. (I even renamed myself as John K Peta on steam, so if you see a gilgamesh avatar with this name, it's undoubtely me).

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 1:33PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Utopia Well, it's more a principle than anything else. Not horribly found of them as well, but some of those works were wacky enough for of my taste.

Also, cheers for recommending Always Human, enjoyed a lot of it so far.

This has been Galich, I open new pages so you don't have to.

Also, a question to the more tech savvy part of this thread. Is it normal that the range extender that I'm using causes the connection to run slower than Stephen Hawking?

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 1:41PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

On a side note, it's nice to see many users with an early join date and low posts count post here so often, shows that we've attracked a lot of ex-lurkers.

I am Ultimate Lurker, and this thread needs moar despair :V (lol)

On another note, is it bad that I actually enjoyed that new oneshot? It was susprisingly pleasant to read for the most part, and the ending gave me some Evil Dead-esque feels, as in, so odd and random that it's funny than disturbing.

last edited at Aug 19, 2016 1:57PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@ Rina

That would indeed feel like fate ^^ Would be interesting to know if something like that actually ever happened to someone...

It might be possible if both parties are attuned to astral projection...that reminds me of a non-yuri manga I read before that got canceled midway, was rather interesting to read to say the least.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Based on our perspectives, it's kind of like if you feel sexual attraction unlike how asexuals or demisexuals feel it, you are a pervert. And as the word "pervert" in our language is more serious than it is in english, you would never admit that you're a pervert, especially, if you're a girl. Therefore, every girl in my country is really innocent. xD

@Galich
So if you were capable of deciding on how I would look like in your dream, would you have made me a 190 cm bodybuilder guy covered with hair, muscles and pack abs? :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.