Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ChocolateCakeLover Sounds like you won't be voting conservative party next election :P At the very least you don't have the tossers from BNP rulling.

It's horribly when a party chooses high government positions based on loyalty and not actual competence.

So you don't hold Theresa May's government in high esteem? If it makes you feel any better, look at my message 2 posts ago.

Well, people just don't know what "liberal" and "conservative" mean.

Well, I do remember there was someone in this thread complaining about Dave Cameron, you should talk to them. You could get along well.

Thanks! To be honest, I don't either :D Well, looks like we can stall our rivalry for a while :P

Maybe it is, but I'm slowly gaining up the powerbase. You are slowly being defeated.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 9:49AM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Ah Britain, a land where you £2,000,000 goes into policing freedom of speech over someone telling an MP to "get in the sea" and the MP whinging it was a death threat despite being not even close to a death threat and her colleague saying the literal same thing on twitter a couple of months back, and then the same party that MP is from can commit fraud on it's members, get away with it in part thanks to a judge who's made something to the tune of £500,000 off the party, force the ones who bought up the fraud in court to pay for legal damages, and then have the gall to say "now don't bully us back we know what you're like" to the party leader and his supporters.

And these aren't even the guys who made Boris fucking Johson the Foreign Secretary and Jeremy fucking Hunt the Health Secretary. I never thought I could miss dodgy fucking Dave and "Gideon" Osborne.

Worse still, at least neither of these parties are lead by a man who claims to be liberal but refused three times in an interview to say that being gay isn't a sin, or are just... UKIP.

Sorry for politics rant, I'm pretty pissed right now >_>

@CCL - lol. no worries. it cannot be any worse than the political climate here in the states.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 10:20PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

@ChocolateCakeLover Sounds like you won't be voting conservative party next election :P At the very least you don't have the tossers from BNP rulling.

I'll be voting the great JC!

Jeremy Corbyn (What, someone else with those initials? ;)) all goes well. If not... I don't want to vote for a right wing Labour government under Smith, nor for not all that left Lib Dems so I guess I'd have to go Green. I respect John McDonnel and Corbyn for being open to the idea, but Caroline Lucas is vocally supporting a UBI, which is one of my main concerns policy wise.

It's horribly when a party chooses high government positions based on loyalty and not actual competence.

So you don't hold Theresa May's government in high esteem? If it makes you feel any better, look at my message 2 posts ago.

Not really. The left wing rhetoric was nice when she assumed office, but when one of your first acts is renewing trident it doesn't mean much.

Well, people just don't know what "liberal" and "conservative" mean.

Well, I do remember there was someone in this thread complaining about Dave Cameron, you should talk to them. You could get along well.

Already talk to myself thanks ;)

Thanks! To be honest, I don't either :D Well, looks like we can stall our rivalry for a while :P

Maybe it is, but I'm slowly gaining up the powerbase. You are slowly being defeated.

Come at meh Ulm >:D

@Ciega, well, our Donald Trump is in office, at least you have a chance to keep him out.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 10:03AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

From what I've heard, May was in favour of LGBT rights. Then again, from what you wrote..

Will be rooting for Corbyn as well. What;s a UBI?

Well, right now Poland has no people declaring themselves lefties in our parlament, out of 460. It's mostly that our left wing parties are all liberal and all of the significant right ones are much more pro-social. Right now got a consitutional majority right wing party with a puppet president and guy in charge being only a representative. Among planned policies? Stuff like mandatory exams from roman catholic religion at schools, oh and "normality parades".

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 10:16AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Agh, your post changed D:

May has... a mixed record on LGBT rights. :/

And when she's on side, I think it's more a "we can't screw black people, gay people or whatever else people, but that's okay because most of them are poor, and as conservatives, we're always going to fuck those".

I'll admit I'm probably biased in Corbyn's favour, but then, that's coming from someone who just a couple of months ago, before the coup fiasco, didn't even like him and made bad "oh he's old, with luck he won't make it to the next election" jokes. Hope that's the last time I but media bollocks :/

UBI is the future :o

Universal Basic Income is basically a guaranteed lump sum paid to everyone regardless of anything. It allows a minimally accepted quality of life in the face of increasing automation and will allow people the time to pursue careers that actually interest them.

Whoa :o

Poland so good :o

With luck the Parliament can into space >_>

Edit: Just saw, one of Labour's wealthy donors, who's Jewish, wrote an article criticising Corbyn's Nazi Stormtroopers. In the Daily Mail. the paper notorious for it's support of Fascism in the 40's. You couldn't make it up :/

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 10:28AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Well, the previous post was.. a bit clunkier.

Well, going a bit political here as well, but agreed on how most of conservative politicians think like. Then again, you're talking to a notorous leftie here.

Read that first as "Universal Baltic Income", was excited that I'd get some money. I've heard that Switzerland is toying with this idea, with most of the Swiss being against it, in spite of only 2% declaring that they'd give up their jobs had they gotten money for nothing from the state. Then again, I can imagine it being quite a burden on the budget.

To be honest, it seems to me like the Parliament can into space with such ideas.

Well, Daily Mail isn't exactly the most prestigeous newspaper in the UK AFAIK.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

There are arguments the a UBI can actually help the budgets of some nations with clunky wealthfare systems by koncking out all the red tape :o

There are no prestigious British papers. They're best summed up here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M&ab_channel=BBCWorldwide

http://www.wepsite.de/Newspapers(1),readership.htm there are a couple more there and in the comments "The News of the World is read by people who listen to the phones of the people that run the country" xD

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 10:50AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@CCL That's.. pretty interesting actually. I can see why some people could assume so, then again isn't red tape a way of giving people jobs and money? It actually makes perfect sense. On the contrary tho., one may argue (so do I) that humans need to work any job as long as it's doing something.

It all comes back to the times of New Deal.

Hahaha, loved that link, think I'll bookmark both of them.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I think, at best, that you can say some humans need to work a job just to be doing something, but that it is a goal of human advancement that it becomes a persons liberty to freely control their time, however they find most fulfilling.

And the red tape jobs can be replaced by better jobs that aren't quite so... pointless.

Edit: love some of the comments on that video complaining about great comedy like that couldn't be written anymore because of political correctness, and then failing to come up with a reason anything in the video is politically incorrect.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 11:07AM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@CCL Just woken up with a half-written reply to your message, guess my arguments were so boring I fell asleep reading then >.>

Everyone should be allowed to eat as much Chocolate Cake as possible, that's my new opinion on the subject.

Well, political corectness is one of those terms that are easy to abuse and stretch too much.

Why doesn't it surprise me that it is the fellow EU4 player that is so keen on politics in this thread

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 12:19PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You slept for an hour? o.o

That must feel horrible D:

All the chocolate cake /o/

It doesn't surprise because just as EUIV is a form of self harm, so it following politics.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 12:30PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Noooooo, Arumba you were going to continue Mexicooooooo ;_;

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Napping at it's finest. Fell asleep holding phone in my hands second time in the row, guess I shouldn't put a blanket on myself when reading my own posts >.>

Yes! All of cake, regardless of gender, sexuality, race, nationality and cake preferences! Cake rebels spawn as a 50 stack with a 6/6/0/3 general

Hope you don't mind me saving that quote somewhere, it's so true >.>

lol Arumba's Mejico run

wait what, he's replaced it with a Russian campaign?

;_;

"7 nations with unique national focuses" - Arumba, you forgot Poland ;____;

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 12:48PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

At least my two manoeuvre means I don't take that river crossing :'D

Save all the quotes you want, always nice to inflate my ego 8D

Screw Soviets ;_;

Funny considering he played Poland didn't he?

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 12:49PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Well, but that siege tho V: I'd give all of my shock and fire pips for siege ability. It's one of those things that annoy me a lot on EU4.

You never know how I'll end up using those quotes (¬‿¬)

They're just so dull to play as it's ridiculous. I remember the bug in which you could stop Trotsky from couping you out of USSR by keeping him around, exiling him while he starts his coup and inviting him back.

The best is getting fascist country and attacking the Axis, they're down before anyone is able to say the sentence "Danzig or war".

Yup, two times actually. And as everyone else, he wasn't able to pronounce a single thing right. You get used to those things.

Yay, my "artwork" of the one step Poland strategy on EU4 Community page already has 8 likes, and I don't think it's getting any more ;_;

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 1:09PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Siege suh gud, fire suh gud (eventually), shock suh gud, manoeuvre suh... okay in some circumstance.

What o.o

How are you going to use them what D:

You think you've got pronunciation bad? I can't remember the last time I heard someone pronounce aitch properly, without the huh. That includes English teachers D:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

It's all about siege, siege, siege.. and maybe fire/shock. I still like siege value the best.

So.. about those quotes Evil laugh Iunno, will see.

Well, English is quite inconsistent in the pronounciation department. You have it much worse for native speakers and better for foreigners >.>

I don't even remember the numer of rubbish English teachers that I had in the past.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 1:23PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Well if I'm against a decent opponent I'll want at least a small fire/shock advantage because I'm awful at war and min maxing and crap. Too lazy.

Whoa D: Nervous D:

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ChocolateCakeLover It's all fine and all, I'm myself a weird hybrid of min-maxing and playing 2fast

D:

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Never less than speed 5 :D

Neveeerrrrrrrrrr

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

The only right way of fighting the Ottomans allied with France*

* - may cause side effects such as attrition problems, bad generals, 0/0/0 heirs and awful dice rolls. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or other loans secured on it, just like Arumba's Tunisian campaign

Well, sucks when your game slows down after ~200 years of playing.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Galich
Some people may react very awfully to what you are doing right now, but I believe those are people who will one day become your biggest supporters. Let's give them time to wrap their heads around things as some do really need time to get out of confusion before they can be ready to strongly support you. I'm pretty sure they know that Galich is a decent/honest/cool/lovely/friendly child/friend/relative, and her gender/sexuality can never change this one fact. Best of luck!

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

Finally time to answer your posts properly!!! (^.^)/
Sorry for the delay! I was sooo tired Saturday night and wasn't really online yesterday... o_O

I'm not sure if I'm "one hell of a woman"... I'm just strange, I guess ^^
I've always been a walking contradiction... (¯―¯٥)
Let me explain myself here a little ;)
I am good – as long as everything's good ^^ If you manage to piss me off – which is very hard for most people – then I can get nasty (but reasonable still)
(and I love sociopaths in art ^^ loooovvveeee them (`∇´)ψ )
I am pretty lazy about most things in life – especially hard work (^_^“) - but when I like or love something I get really passionate, wanting to savor every last bit of it (≧◡≦)
I am quite confident within the lines I drew myself – most people wouldn't guess or find it really hard to believe that I got problems with life – but beyond that I get extremely shy and awkward...
And well... the stubbornness... that's just a general thing (¬‿¬) It's in my blood...

heheheh... Well... I don't know if my dog is the spitting image of me... I hope not ^^
She likes to eat all day. That's her sole hobby.
She's not your average dog. She doesn't like to play with toys. No fetching, nothing. Her brothers loved that! She snatched their toys and sat on them o_O
But she likes to chew on me when we play „Attack!“ and she kinda likes to play tag.
However, she's eccentric and stubborn, just like me.

I'd love to see your magical abilities unlocked! You could go like this then:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfyr2DLw454
(Edit: I still can't watch that clip to the end... too embarrassing...)

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 4:59PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@oliver Thank you so much for the kind words! Replies I got were overwhelmingly positive, made me really glad I've decided to crush the closet with a battering ram, at least online. Real life is still slowly progressing.

So I am trying to believe. I'm sure that no one means bad for me, there are very few (if any) people that want evil just for the sake of evil. It's just that their mindsets.. are a bit outdated. Firmly believing that with the right education and proper respect for others the number of tolerant people will increase. Most reactions I got from online friends were among the line of "cool, I've never met a trans person, you're the first one I know". Tolerance and respect repay in a very rapid way. From people that were able to fully embrace me being trans, they've shown great support. It really feels very nice.

Well, I am trying to act to others as I want to be treated :P Also, many many thanks for using the right pronoun, it's minor stuff like this that makes little Galich happy. If someone feels bothered by it, feel free to use the masculine/gender neutral one, it's not a mandatory thing.

Just want to say it to any people who can relate to my problems: remember, people can be surprisingly tolerant. Not saying that it's all sunshine and rainbows, but finding the right people to support your struggle (if you decide to come out) is not impossible.

/boring stuff finished

@Anon99 You and shy/awkward? :P

Also, remind me to never piss you off.

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 4:45PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ oliver

Not everyone has to be an expert on music, so that's fine. I get confused sometimes as well with all of those genres, labels and tags... o_O So I mostly go with some general tag...

Since it's been a while that we posted some music, here we go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwgNMrs-i80
(^__^)b
Music makes life just so much better!!!!!!

I really like that you think of this thread as a maid cafe ^^
I'm just not sure if I'm your typical maid though (ˆ⌣ˆ)

@ Alvis

Aloha! Good to see you're still around! (⌒▽⌒)☆

You've missed a lot of madness! (◦’ںˉ◦)
Queer people doing queer things ^^
Nothing all too spectacular, I guess, just some fun and entertainment...

How have you been? Except being busy and all... Has life been treating you any good? ;)

@ Galich

My coming out is nothing to be sorry about, really. It was all good. No awkwardness... It's just my brother hardly ever takes me seriously, I guess ^^ But he's not a bad guy. Never treated me any different because of that.

Maybe you can make up with that friend of yours if you tell them that you've been going through a really tough time and apologize...?

It's a good thing that your parents are supportive of the LGB community.
That makes things a lot easier... at least it should be like that.

And yes, I can be very shy... What of it?!? (õ_ó)
That's the little girl in me that never grew up... ;)

@ ChocolateCakeLover

I'm all for UBI!!!!!!!!
Best idea I've ever heard!!!!
I mean, how great would that be? Never having to worry about paying your bills again! (Unless you really overdo things...) That would be perfect! Because that's what you do most of the time when you're an adult: paying bills... t(-__-t)
I hope we'll get to that at some point... rather sooner than later...

last edited at Aug 15, 2016 5:33PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.