Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Grew up around a family of smokers so just thinking about it hurts my lungs D:

I'm not a drunkard ;_;

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

No one is smoking in my family, which is probably the reason I saw no problem with that. Then again, I never smoke next to my family or at home, and always switch clothes once I'm done. As I've said before, 8/10 times it's just sitting next to a friend who smokes.

go home chocolatecokelover, you're drunk

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

ur drunk ;~;

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Nope, for me it was just yesterday.

ChocolateCokeLover is probably a junkie too

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

What's with these vicious lies and slander ;__________;

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Admit it. Actually, you don't have to, I have my own sources.

Not gonna write about drugs here, since any forms of them are illegal in here. I can say that I was drugged in a pub once tho. Thank god for the fact that I was there with trustworthy people that carried me home. Never again will I go a toilet again leaving my drink unattended.

i know, i should know better

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 9:16AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Galich thanks^^ I do compensate the lack of other capacities with obstinacy xD that's what I plan to do :)
poorly made alcohol causes malaise, so my father taught me how to produce home-made wine xD without chemical additives such as the sulfurous acid.. yammy xD

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@Blackkitty - what types of fruits or flavors do you use for your wines?

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Thanks for the kind comments on the previous page everyone! :>

And ah, a conversation that I can't join in...I've not drank before lol...

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

You must be so dehydrated D:

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Ahah XD I meant wine and alchohol lol

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

@Blackkitty
Yeah, they are tiny, and don't bite either, but for some weird reason, they do give off a vibe which is so creepy. They look like this http://www.epestsolutions.in/images/lizard.jpg One of them once showed up during class. No one would be scared of it if it were sticking to the ceiling/wall, but at that time, it was running on the ground. We were screaming like female characters in a horror movie. :D

Seems like you fail your exam, right? My country people say "You will never fail anything ten times in a row." :D

@Galich
Thanks, that really is well detailed. What about the pronunciation (e.g. tones, any alphabets you can't pronounce, etc.)? Chinese is well known for it's tones. People who speak languages without tones would find it difficult to pronounce Chinese words. Also, people from some countries (Thailand, Korea(?), Japan) find it hard to distinguish between "R" and "L". What about you who speak Polish? Do you think you can pronounce Chinese words like a native?

EDIT: I'm completly sober now, rewrote this message to it actually makes sense.

"A Drunk Mind speaks a Sober Thought.", and "Drunk Words actually are Sober Thoughts."
Completely Sober = Completely Drunk words? :D

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 8:25PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

@Oliver, in Japanese, らりるれろ(ra ri ru re ro) are a mix of "R" and "L" in the pronouncation. Depending on the person, it might sound more like "la li lu le lo" or "ra ri ru re ro."

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@oliver Glad to make a decent use of my theoretical knowledge about languages :)

Well, Polish is one of those languages that are absolutely impossible to be pronounced 100% correctly unless you lived here your entire life. We have lots of letters that are unique to our alphabet (ę, ó, ą, ś, ł, ż, ź, ć, ń) and a few letter collocations that you read differently from what you'd normalny pronounce them as. I won't get into details since English doesn't have equivalents for most of those, like "cz", "dz", "dź" etc.

Hilariously enough, Russian has most of those collocations as separate letters, like ч (cz in Polish).

Our language is one exception after another. Slav languages are very hard, and Polish is the most difficult of them all. The pronounciation is really inconsistent, there are multiple ways of writing a single word, and only one is correct (for instance, you can switch 3 letters from my surname, and it would still be pronounced the same way, but that's an extreme example). You can spell the word "żółć" (the only word in this language with all Polish letters btw.) as "rzółć", "żułć" or "żułć", and it would still be pronounced the same way, but only the first version is correct. Ouch, my eyes burn now.

Polish doesn't have any tones, accenting is rather consistent but accents themselves aren't all that different from each other, and many people aren't able to destinguish between those. Special mentions go to Kashubian and Silesian - both of those are argued to be seperate languages.

As someone who lives in southern Poland (Cracow to be exact), I speak with a Cracovian dialect and accent. It borrows a few words from Austrian German, since those lands used to be parts of the Austrian empire for more than 100 years. Everything near central Poland and eastern part borrows words from Russian, while north and west borrow more words from German German (wow, that sounds idiotic).

We don't have any problems with things like "l", but I don't think that a Pole would be able to pronounce correctly romanized Chinese unless they've been told beforehand how you pronounce it. We tend to botch foreign languages with our horrible accents (speaking very flatly and not stressing the right syllabes). I'm the exception here - I speak with a generic eastern European accent, but not a Polish one.

How English speaking people tend to pronounce Polish.

And that's just a clip from a Polish comedy movie. Sums up our language just fine.

How about your language? Now you've made me curious.

ChocolateCakeLover, let's bury the hatchet and find something we can both agree on. Come on V:

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I love Hans's expression at the end of that clip.

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 12:45PM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Well... I sense a lot of alcohol in this thread today... Cheers guys! Enjoy your drinks!
( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ )
I'll take my energy drink and join Rina on the kiddy table. I don't usually drink any alcohol...
I'm so lame... ʘ‿ʘ

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Nothing lame about not drinking alcohol.

joined Jun 22, 2016

That makes you anti-alcoholic as well then...?
More people for our kiddy table...? (。◕‿◕。)
We have cake and juice here... ^^

joined Jun 22, 2016

Want some?

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ZuljinRaynor Agreed. Drinking is overrated. I really don't have a single idea why drinking is fashionable these days. It's just like any drink - you either like it or not, but it has nothing to do with how cool you are.

@Anon99 Representing the interests of my client, ChocolateCakeLover, I am forced to demand to have you put an end to sharing photos of his property without permission. Any further actions will be viewed as resistance. Everything that you say can, and will be used against you. Have a good day.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ ohh, yammy ^_^ is it a tiramisu cake? I don't care about your client hihhi, keep posting xD

I can switch between the tables xD

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 2:31PM

joined Jun 22, 2016

It's cheesecake with chocolate coating ^^b
I love that one!

@ Blackkitty

How are you holding up? Everything okay...?

Usually we only share the cheesecake on our kiddy table but today I'll make an exception for you... But only today! ;)

@ Galich

Try to stop me!!! ლ(`ー´ლ)
I'll keep the cake coming!
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S30I21KK4wQ

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 2:48PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@oliver so you have the cute lizards, non-stop rain and can't fail more then 10x - I wish I could teleported there at once xD

@ciega well, we have this tiny little vineyard, the type of grape is called Misket(a local one) - used typically for making rosé wine, so we usually add some cabernet - to bring the red colour and improve the consistency.

last edited at Jul 15, 2016 2:52PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon99 oh, well, someone should've failed the thread sooner or later xD well, it did bring some complications in my plans, but I know it will lead to something good, it's just too early to see what xD
ohh, my favorite cake ever is the velvet cheesecake <3 ohh, so it's only for today? :( I'm pretty much childish myself xD

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Your opinion is wrong, tiramisu is the best type of cake. We'll meet in the court.

To reply you must either login or sign up.