ForumNews New Yuri Game Release: Nurse Love Addiction

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Hey, figured we could use the News feature to point out some of the new yuri releases as they come out. So here we are, Nurse Love Addiction. I'll try to feature other new releases over time too.

Here's the English Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRzNe2WV9x4

And here's the game! http://store.steampowered.com/app/485040/ It's 15% atm.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for the heads up - I'm a bit concerned by the 'bittersweet' love description - hope it's not too angsty - but will be getting it for sure :)

Btw a good way to find Yuri games / games with yuri is to subscribe to the steam curator - Hella Yuri - and check their recommended list of like a 100 or so games with yuri of some sort :) And you wont miss new ones either.

Be sure to read their notes on each game - Like for this one they say 'You play as a girl, 4 girls to date, 100% yuri :)

Some games might be like '1 date-able girl' , or even some side characters are yuri etc so the amount of yuri varies a lot but I found it a very useful list, that seems to be mostly accurate.

http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/

last edited at Jul 10, 2016 3:37AM

[anon]_zoku_sayonara_zetsubou_sensei_-_06_[ef044889].mkv_snapshot_14.45_[2013.11.19_22.41.04]
joined Oct 24, 2013

What an inspiring title.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

great

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

The trailer is so cute ahhh
Thanks for the heads up about the game! Hopefully its good, and not too angsty :3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

So far (about 2h in), it's nice. Good art, decent size (much as I love kindred spirits, always a pity when those games are like 800x600...), the girls are lovely, especially the MC and her sister, nice music and I like how you can change the menu sound with the voice of the MC doing onomatopes ("powan~" "suuun") Makes me play with the menu just to hear it. XD And seems you can unlock voices from the rest of the cast as well. :3

Also, the sister has her route, it seems. That's great 'cause she's definitively the cutest character in my opinion. And I love how she interact with the MC, so cute. <3

Oh, and the artist really makes nice expressions for the girls.

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

Saw it on steam and can't wait to play it. Loving all the yuri games coming out, never can get enough. Wish the latest Fault Milestone or toko the reject demon would finally come out. D;

DarkLordofYuri
Tumblr_madda8svpi1rf3rn4o1_500
joined Jul 6, 2016

Bought it! Probably gonna start when I wake up, still need to finish Kindred Spirts though...

*sigh

So much yuri so little time D;

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

Fuwanovel has a suggested route order and full walkthrough:

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/14783-nurse-love-addiction-walkthrough/

Weirdly, it seems to be possible to reach a no-girl bad end that spoils things from the main routes before you beat them, so maybe check what choices to avoid for that. Also strange: on the main routes, good/bad end seems to depend exclusively on the very last choice.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

So far (about 2h in), it's nice. Good art, decent size (much as I love kindred spirits, always a pity when those games are like 800x600...), the girls are lovely, especially the MC and her sister, nice music and I like how you can change the menu sound with the voice of the MC doing onomatopes ("powan~" "suuun") Makes me play with the menu just to hear it. XD And seems you can unlock voices from the rest of the cast as well. :3

Also, the sister has her route, it seems. That's great 'cause she's definitively the cutest character in my opinion. And I love how she interact with the MC, so cute. <3

Is it a wincest? or another pseudo-incest one?

Quite a surprise, I thought there are like only 2 yuri LN. The Sono Hanabira with multiples parings and Kindred Spirit on The roof. Is there more English-translated yuri LN? Or more coming out that I should take note of?

Edit: oh found a massive list on yurination: https://yurination.wordpress.com/yuri-video-game-tracker/yuri-video-game-reviews/
Edit 2: i take it back, most of them are very short game giving Kindred Spirit on The Roof and maybe this Nurse Love Addiction as the only 2 proper yuri English-translated game out there

last edited at Jul 11, 2016 3:24AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Didn't finish that route yet, but from the opening movie, it seems it'll go wincest. And so far, Nao is totally gay for her sister, keep teasing her whenever she has the chance. <3

Kmbanr2
joined Nov 7, 2015

If it goes wincest, VNDB is missing a lot of tags.

Speaking of which, most of the articles don't mention that this game takes place in the same world as a previous one called Nurse Love Syndrome:

https://vndb.org/v7301

(I say "nurse" by analogy with this English release; the actual word used in both titles means "white robe".)

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

There's a few in-game references of the previous game, yeah, which is kinda nice and fun to try and find. ^^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Quite a surprise, I thought there are like only 2 yuri LN. The Sono Hanabira with multiples parings and Kindred Spirit on The roof. Is there more English-translated yuri LN? Or more coming out that I should take note of?

There are lots of VN's and similar games with at least one or 2 yuri routes - (a lot from winterwolves ) - like room mates, planet stronghold, c14 dating, hustle cat, etc - see the list I linked for some of those.

There are also a few total yuri ones you missed besides sono hana and kindred, like A little lily princess, Heileen 3 sea maidens, and spirited hearts girls love.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

A number of those are otome game with just one yuri route, though, so be careful. Roommate, for example, is such an example. And personally, the avaible girl for the yuri route doesn't suit my taste, so I'm not buying that game.

Also, I think you're confusing LN and VN. LN (Light Novel) are books. VN (Visual Novel) are "games" such as Nurse love addiction.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

A number of those are otome game with just one yuri route, though, so be careful. Roommate, for example, is such an example. And personally, the avaible girl for the yuri route doesn't suit my taste, so I'm not buying that game.

Yup - I'm very glad quite a few dating sims include a yuri path these days - but if it's just one girl like in some, it's not much good if she doesn't appeal to you - so you should check up the dating options before you buy such a game (myself I quite liked the girl in room mates.)

Also with such games, if you have no interest in the guy routes that means a lot less replay value ofcourse.

Some have 2 girls , like magic diary, planet stronghold, seasons of the wolf etc - which is better.

For all yuri goodness check the 3 I listed in my last post though.

last edited at Jul 11, 2016 8:30PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Diana was a way better choice of partner than that Blythe fellow

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Finished Nao good end. 12h going at a decent pace, I'm a fast reader, though I like to let the voice play out most of the time (Asuka's voice actor is just so great and fully into her character, I never tire of hearing her, especially when she's surprised or hyper <3 ).

That was frakking beautiful, disturbing, cringe worthy, sweet, bittersweet, funny, all bundled up into an awesome package. Still leaves a few questions unanswered, though, one being rather critically important to me, so I hope other routes will shed some light on it. Don't really plan to check the bad end routes, though, the good end was already nerve-wracking for me at times. ; ;

That game is a gem. Art is beautiful, the musics are both nice and discreet enough that they don't become annoying after a while, main issue might be that the dialog interface eats up a good third of the screen, but considering this is a port from the Vita, which have a smaller screen, so needs more space to properly shows the text, kinda understandable, though they could have adjusted it on the port... Still, stopped paying attention to it after a while.

Definitively recommend it. Price might feel high, but for a VN of this lenght and quality, it's actually on the low end of the usual price range. And unlike Kindred spirits on the rooftop, resolution is higher and it's fully voiced (I love Kindred spirits, don't get me wrong, but it being so low res and only partially voiced was a bit of a downer).

In short, my yuri game of the year so far, need a break to calm down and ready myself to go for Sakuya's route now.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Finished Ohara's and Nao's routes in about 4 hours and I'm surprisingly enjoying this VN. Having played Ohara's routes first, I was completely thrown off by Nao's routes and now I'm expecting great things from Sakuya's. I know for sure I'm not going to dabble into any of Itsuki's routes for now because I just can't bring myself to like her character for some reason.

And although Nao's route was really strange and disgusting when they kissed before the credits, eugh, I find myself absolutely intrigued by her character. I'm also secretly a sucker for Kakuma Ai's voice, so I guess I am a bit biased. And even though I dislike Tamura Yukari's voice, I'm all for Sakuya.

At the end of Nao's routes, I was left with a BUNCH of unanswered questions, which I'm sure will be answered in Sakuya's and Itsuki's routes. Err, well, maybe.

In any case, Nao is badass and I love her.

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 9:15AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I don't like itsuki as well, mostly because I'm not fond of the "player" kind of character, especially when they come off as manipulative. Might do her route at some point if Sakuya's don't answer some of the questions that Nao's route left, but would rather avoid it if I can.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I fell in love with Nao since the very first scene trying to wake up Asuka. <3 The way her route unfolded was surprising, but looking back to how the whole story went, it does make sense and I really love it, even if yeah, that scene in the spoiler was...

Still love her very much and set her voice as the interface now that it's unlocked. <3 And her voice actress did a good job as well, second only to Asuka in my opinion. I just love when she fangirl over Asuka. :3 especially after finding out about the whole Prima thing. XD

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 10:59AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I just want to know who kept calling Nao. I understand that MAY have been the person who gave her the power enhancing pills, but WHO are they?

And also, as much as I love badass Nao, I'm curious as to why she was so abusive to Asuka in the rooftop scene. I understand Nao intended to wipe her memories so she didn't give a crap about what she was saying, but she immediately reverted back to her little sister mode when her memory manipulation stopped working. She also knew there was a chance that her powers wouldn't work and that it was a huge gamble. Even if her sister was inevitably recovering her memories, Nao could've taken a different approach to revealing the truth... or she didn't have to speak up at all. Makes me think she's a bit more psychotic than she appears.

Another question I had was who burned down the Haizawa facility and how? And moreover, Asuka went "missing" after the fire, but we are not shown how Nao found her and how they integrated into the Oosachi family. This point is secondary, but I think it could've added to their relationship.

I also feel that everything was too abrupt in the end. Like how easily Sakuya just kind of gave up... but I'm sure it was out of consideration and that she still does love Asuka.

Oh yeah, and something else that I had on my mind was why did Nao come home saying she should've "killed them"? Who's "they" and how come Nao wants to kill them? And wow, I never knew Nao had it in her to kill other people, despite her bad girl image.

Finally, I don't know if I missed something or not, but what's up with the stabbing? Asuka kept insisting how real it felt, but I don't think we were shown the reasons behind it. And despite Itsuki's words, is it possible somebody used their powers on Asuka to heal her if she actually got stabbed? Or maybe both of them helped at the same time? Who knows.

Hopefully some of my questions will be answered in Sakuya's route.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I also feel that everything was too abrupt in the end. Like how easily Sakuya just kind of gave up... but I'm sure it was out of consideration and that she still does love Asuka.

Assuming you've completed Nao's route
It's been years since that time and Sakuya's been in a relationship with Itsuki for a long time, so I assume she pretty much gave up on Asuka as long as she didn't show sign that she'd like to date her. Especially since Asuka herself make it clear that she no longer love her that way. Raising a fuss now would just complicate matters.

Oh yeah, and something else that I had on my mind was why did Nao come home saying she should've "killed them"? Who's "they" and how come Nao wants to kill them? And wow, I never knew Nao had it in her to kill other people, despite her bad girl image.

Still from Nao's route
Doubt Nao killed anybody. To me, that scene was mostly to show that Nao was still a "bad girl" despite playing the good little sister. Probably she was pissed at whomever she had to help because it kept her out so late and when she finally came home, she found Asuka already asleep (well, pretending to), so she vented out her frustration saying she should have killed whomever kept her from her beloved sister.

Finally, I don't know if I missed something or not, but what's up with the stabbing? Asuka kept insisting how real it felt, but I don't think we were shown the reasons behind it. And despite Itsuki's words, is it possible somebody used their powers on Asuka to heal her if she actually got stabbed? Or maybe both of them helped at the same time? Who knows.

Again, from Nao's route.
The stabbing was real, though as for Nao's route, we don't know who did it... The reason, I suspect it's either Nao or Itsuki going all yandere, maybe even Sakuya, as she do have an history of stabbing, but as she's the one who kissed Asuka, seems unlikely. And Nao said that she's the one who used her power to heal Asuka, which is the reason why she's now unable to erase her memory as saving her life consumed her power. I'm more curious as to who stabbed Asuka, personally. At first, I thought Itsuki catching the note that flew and going all stabby after seeing the kiss, but then I suspected Nao going yandere, though it'd make more sense for her to have stabbed Sakuya instead of stabbing her sister just to heal her afterward. But guess she might just have went psycho-crazy there and healed her out of guilt. After seeing Itsuki ready to gun down Nao, though, I'm kind of suspecting her again.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Yeah, I understand that Sakuya's been away from Asuka for years, but I think the kiss proves that she isn't really over her. I agree that she chose Itsuki in the end of Nao's route just to avoid complications, especially since Asuka said she wasn't interested in pursuing her feelings of the past, but I think Sakuya left primarily out of consideration and not because she had moved on. HOWEVER, we'll get to delve deeper into this in Sakuya's route, so we'll see!

Hmm, I still think that scene is very shady. It's almost inconceivable as to how Nao did a full 180 from her "bad girl" days, so I agree that when she expressed her desire to kill in that scene, it was her reverting back to her old self. However, I don't think she was referring to the people who kept her out, but it's open to interpretation. I thought she was referring to Itsuki or Sakuya since they were beginning to interfere. Or she could have been talking about the person who supplied her the medicine or the person who kept calling her up.

One thing that I think is particularly scary is that Nao might have actually killed someone before. Maybe she was the one who burned the institute down? Who knows, I haven't played the other routes yet. But Nao could easily have wiped other people's memories... though I think this theory of mine is a little farfetched, so I'll stop talking about it, haha.

I figured the stabbing was real, but I just wonder who did it. I think Itsuki has a big heart and wouldn't have stabbed Asuka out of irrationality. I wouldn't think Nao did it either, so the person I'm suspecting is Sakuya. Nao and Sakuya had a lot of tension between them, especially in the hallway scene after Sakuya borrowed Nao's notes. But still, I don't know. Part of me believes Itsuki isn't the stabby-stabby type, especially without reason.

Casually replaying part of Nao's route and I just realized (since I'm forgetful and I played this at 6 am when I should've been sleeping, OOPS) that Nao was planning to do something to Itsuki on the rooftop had Asuka not followed her. So she might just have a killing intent in her, hmm.

Also just played the bad end and wow, that is... really disturbing.

It also seems like there are 6 message cards when there are only 5 characters. What's up with that, I wonder.

Playing through Sakuya's route right now and just got to the scene where Itsuki brings the proof of the research facility 6 months after the USB stick incident. Looks like Sakuya had a twin sister named Kyoko. Original theory was incorrect, so deleted it.

This game is a lot... weirder than I thought it would be.

Just finished Sakuya's route. Pretty weird, but I enjoyed it. Her bad ending was disturbing, but ... nothing compared to Nao's. Nao's bad end just sends all sorts of chills down my back.

Kyoko + Sakuya + Asuka OT3 man.

last edited at Jul 12, 2016 8:46PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I have heard the Bad ends are pretty disturbing and dark so i'd advise skipping them if you hate that kinda thing.

To reply you must either login or sign up.