Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ adyatma16 rainy season sounds like a bliss to me... it's all heat around, and that makes me miss even more my well-beloved rain(sorry, I was blessed with a straight hair).. but i'm sorry about the laundry.

@ Alvis i hope at least that your doggy friend is not of a breed similar to huskies or malamutes.. :( a friend of mine has a samoyed; she is a beauty, but she doesn't support heat very well.. poor thing :(

@Anon99 xD your cliches are a bit too much.. and that parallel with the happy-munching-sunflower-cow.. speaking of which:
http://www.regal.bg/shimg/zx250_2603618.jpg

you might have the happy cow, but we have the yogurt xD

it's admirable that you always try to do it the right way :)
but it seems alright to me, if you go somewhere for a few days so that to witness just a grain of what is there to offer, learn a couple of new words, fall in love with the place, and then find opportunities in the future to go back for more grains.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@anon99 blackitty yeah it's not that bad, i can sleep while rain pour down, yeah right it's a blessing :)

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Alvis I know, I had a dog that would act the exact same way. I felt bad about keeping her inside, but I didn't want her to die out there. Though it's nice to have a cat. I find them to be lower maintenance and less dependent on me. However, some of them are rather ungrateful jerks. Luckily for me I have an awesome cat. He's a bit quirky but I unintentionally trained him to obey me.
I live in Alabama. Sometimes I think about cooking eggs outside, but then I realize that I'll have to stay out in the killer heat until they're done.

@Z.Long Finally, someone who has a similar opinion on cats as I do. Most of the time I tend to think they're just dicks with fur. Like, if I have to fight for your affection/attention, I don't want it. I've met some dog-like cats in the past and they were terrific....because they had that dog-eqsue demeanor to them.

@Alvis a little tired cause its past 1am and I've been painting all day but besides that it's all good. And I feEl you all on that heat, especially the part about walking the dog, South Florida isn't cool in the summer either.

@Ari Ohh, do you have any pictures of your work? I love art! I do a bit myself. South Florida...ugh that sounds like the devil's armpit. At least you have an ocean breeze and cool turtles? :D

@ Alvis
I’m from Germany – the county every European seems to love so much lately... (^_^”)
And thanks for the recommendations!
I’ll be sure to check them out when I find the time.

@Anon99 You're from Germany? Oh my god yess maybe now I can put my rusty German skills to work! Wie war deine Wochenende?

@ Alvis i hope at least that your doggy friend is not of a breed similar to huskies or malamutes.. :( a friend of mine >has a samoyed; she is a beauty, but she doesn't support heat very well.. poor thing :(

@BlackKitty She is a mix between a Border Collie and we think her father might have been part chow/pitbull? Most people think she looks like a lab with a curly tail and the neuroticness of a border collie @__@ She has short hair but unfortunately it's also black. This heat is killing her and she still smiles and wags her tail. It's like she wants to die! ;___; I hate saying no to her...

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 3:49PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Cats are objectively the greatest pets of all the times. Just saying.

@ OriginalGengar

Hey there!
You must be from Germany as well – otherwise you probably wouldn’t know about TV Total ^^
Maybe we should mention the Wok WM as well ;)
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/de/thumb/8/89/Wok_WM.svg/280px-Wok_WM.svg.png
Yes, it’s luge in a wok in case anybody is wondering... (o_O)

Never really got into the Wok WM, to be honest. Schlag den Raab is the greatest thing German TV has ever witnessed, though. Not like that's saying much but you know. It was pretty fun to watch.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

All of our cows are like that! Pretty laid back, munching their sunflowers and spilling their milk ;)

Oh, I love yoghurt! So maybe I really should travel to Bulgaria sometime.
For the sake of a good yoghurt! ^^

I like the folks that just goes out there and does things instead of thinking too much better.
So, you’re right, that’s probably the better approach. Especially if you wanna see a lot of places...

@ adyatma16

Sleeping while hearing the rain outside is nice. I just like my rain to stop as soon as I leave the house ^^
Mostly it’s the other way around... As soon as I walk through the door – rain starts! T_T
But rainy season is still better than a drought.

@ Alvis

Almost perfect!
Wie war dein Wochenende? Is correct.
Nice… so were did you learn to speak German?

Ah and: Mein Wochenende war ziemlich ruhig. (My weekend was pretty quiet.)

@ OriginalGengar

I was never a real Stefan Raab fan but he always knew how to entertain people.
The best thing German comedy has to offer is Oliver Kalkofe. Well, in my humble opinion at least ;)
Do you know him?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Actually, that reminds me, the greatest thing in German TV was actually Oliver Welke with his german version of the Daily Show. And yeah, I know Kalkove and really don't like him. German Comedy is mostly pretty shitty to me though. Way too tame.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Alvis as you described her, she seems to be a cutie :) waving friendly curly tail
@Original I agree with you on the cat's matter. Only they can be so egotstical, demanding, and possessive to make me blindly love them. But not all the people think that way.. the neighbors poisoned the cat we had in our villa over a month ago :(
@Anon99 From experience, overthinking never brings anything good. you might not visit many places, but if you find at least one of your taste would be fair enough.
hah, I don't think I would let you come here to just eat yogurt on the beach xD

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

Now if world cup was done with go-carts, Rocket League style, I'd totally watch it.

Enchanting thought. And thank you, new thread, for distracting me from thinking about explaining iambic pentameter at rehearsal tonight. I haven't been watching as much soccer (yes, American) aka football aka NWSL as last year but I am looking forward to the Olympics.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ OriginalGengar

Awww… watch those and say that again! ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL0paCiTtlQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yci5f3ShUeY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRsA3KOtwiI
(Sorry to everyone who doesn’t understand German)

I think he hits home often – not always – but pretty damn often ;)

For everyone who doesn’t know him, Oliver Kalkofe makes fun of the stupidity on German TV. He takes a clip of a TV Show or a commercial and then pops into the picture, dressed up just like them and lets loose. Hilarious most of the time!

And yes, Oliver Welke and the Heute-Show is pretty good.

@ Blackkitty

You just described me there – I never spawned anything good either ^^

Why not? You could bury me in the sand, feed me yoghurt and tell me about Bulgarian culture while sitting under a sun shade! Don’t want you to get a tan, of course (^_^)v
See how considerate I can be ;)

@ blinkkittylove

Welcome to distraction land! ^^

Are you well prepared for tonights rehearsal and just nervous?
Or do you still need to make preparations and procrastinate a little?

If it was me, I’d be the latter ;)

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

@ adyatma16

Sleeping while hearing the rain outside is nice. I just like my rain to stop as soon as I leave the house ^^
Mostly it’s the other way around... As soon as I walk through the door – rain starts! T_T
But rainy season is still better than a drought.

yeah i know that feel, i was go back to home when class ended and rain starts chase behind me! I run asap and still got wet -_-

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Cats are objectively the greatest pets of all the times. Just saying.

@OriginalGengar Oi, fight me. Doggos are so much better >:{

Almost perfect!
Wie war dein Wochenende? Is correct.
Nice… so were did you learn to speak German?

Ah and: Mein Wochenende war ziemlich ruhig. (My weekend was pretty quiet.)

@Anon99 D: Why is "diene" not correct? I took 3 years of German in high school. I never used it again after that...Wait, no. I take that back. In one of my uni classes we were discussing globalization and our professor showed us a Baliwood music scene in Hindi but was subtitled in German. I was really proud because I can read German better than I can speak it so I was the only one who knew what was going on. Are you proud? :3
Ach, Was ist Ihre Lieblings anime und Videospiel?

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 11:01PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

"Wochenende" is a neutral-gendered noun, so it's "dein". "Deine" is for feminine nouns. Anime is a masculine noun so it's actually "Ihr". Though "Ihr" is courtesy form so "dein" would fit better.
Point is, German sucks. Like dogs.

@anon
I mean, he's probably one of the better german comedians but he's still not all that funny to me. There's just no German comedian that can compare to people like Louis CK.
At least we can agree that Mario Bart is the worst, right?

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 11:59PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Was it Mark Twain who pointed out that German is a language in which potatoes are female and girls are not?

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Also, I wanted to pick up a new pair of earbuds, and so I got these cheap $6 ones. I figured they'd be just OK or pretty good like my old ones were, but it turns out that they are the best headphones/earbuds I have used in my entire life. So good that I had to double-post to tell you all about them.

The only thing is that they kinda plug up your ears a little; if they don't have a secure seal around your ear they will probably be the tinniest headphones you ever use, which at first I thought they were (hey, $6, after all), but then I stuck them in a little further and suddenly it was like I was inside the music.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ELYQHK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

@Anon99 Ah, you have caught me, fellow procrastinator ; ) But I did manage to avoid mentioning iambic pentameter while covering all my points -- thus saving everyone from a math meets poetry headache.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon99 Don't be too hard on yourself.:)
you show consideration, and your stubbornness/laziness equal mine, so i guess i will be a good host, leaving you be happy on the beach, beside the water, with an infinite supply of yoghurt, and even with a toy bucket/spade for just in case... and then i will retire to some dark secluded place xD

So how comes Hindi with German subtitles in the USA? German was a nightmare in high school...

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ adyatma16

That happens to me all the time – mostly when I leave the house to walk the dog.
I peek outside the window and think “Still looks good, let’s go” and the moment I actually leave the house – it doesn’t look so good anymore all of a sudden! ^^
And it really makes me laugh when I come back home after a while and it suddenly stops again o_O
Sometimes I really think the gods like to make fun of me ;)

@ Alvis

I can’t add anything to the lesson our Original Gangster here gave you ;)
That already explained it perfectly.
Although I have to disagree on the last two remarks: I actually love the German language and I love dogs even more! ^^
I’m just glad I never had to learn German later on. It’s much easier just growing up with it. I know how hard it is for foreigners to learn German. English is a little easier in that regard...

And yes, I’m really proud of you! Good job girl! (˘⌣˘)b

Oh... and don’t ask me about my favorites... It’s so hard to choose...
So many different categories... oh gosh... I’ll just name a few... No wait, I’ll make a separate post later on...

@ OriginalGengar

Fuck yes, totally agreed! Mario Barth and Oliver Pocher! Both! They suck so much... I never understood why the latter is still on tv and how the first one manages to be so successful... People must be deaf... and blind...

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ muteKi

Now that you mention it… it’s really called „die Kartoffel“ (potato - female pronoun) and “das Mädchen” (girl - neutral pronoun)...
Maybe that’s because they used to treat women more like an object than an actual person back in the day... Farmers must have had more affection for their potatoes... ^^

And hey you!!!! How did you know that my earbuds broke just a while ago???
Can’t be a coincidence now, can it? ;)
So thank you for the suggestion! Maybe I’ll give those a try... (^_^)b

(Actually June 2016 is officially called “bite the dust month” for me.
So many things just gave up on working... My computer among them... I miss it sooooo much!!!)

@ blinkkittylove

Ha, yeah… I always waited till the last minute… story of my life... (╯_╰”)
But I always managed somehow in the end ^^
Glad to hear that it went well for you!

@ Blackkitty

So you’re stubborn and lazy as well? ^^
Everyone in my family is really stubborn. Just everyone in different regards... (Must be the little Italian in us)
But I’m the only lazy one here ;)

Awww! Sandcastle time! Hell yeah!
I’ll be at least able to build something that slightly resembles this:
http://imgur.com/3xfjedJ

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

"Wochenende" is a neutral-gendered noun, so it's "dein". "Deine" is for feminine nouns. Anime is a masculine noun so it's actually "Ihr". Though "Ihr" is courtesy form so "dein" would fit better.
Point is, German sucks. Like dogs.

@OrignalGengar
Ooooh, you're right. Jeez my German is really rusty. I can read it well enough but speaking/writing it is much more difficult for me. Although, I do find your language cute. Especially how Germans create words such as "die Glühbirne" Tehehe, glowing pear.

Oi TAKE THAT BACK DOGS ARE WONDERFUL AND YOU KNOW IT. I WILL FIGHT YOU TO THE DEATH. /me boots Gengar over the horizon

Although I have to disagree on the last two remarks: I actually love the German language and I love dogs even more! ^^

@Anon99 I see you are a friend, not a foe unlike some people cough Gengar cough

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Question, is it normal to see two young women in Japan walking together holding hands?

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Norainhere

Hi! ^^
According to a lot of manga I’ve read, I guess, it shouldn’t be that uncommon.
But I’m not sure if manga really are a reliable source... :)
Never been to Japan unfortunately...

@ Alvis

I grew up with dogs all around me. So they’re basically a part of me ^^
And most of them are just too cute too resist...

Okay then, here we go, my favorite anime and video games:
You asked for it Alvis! ;)
(Sorry that it took so long)

Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop are two of my all time favorites. So are Serial Experiments Lain, Monster and Texhnolyze. Oh and NGE of course. And Devil Lady... I always had a week spot for that one... Garden of Sinners, Blood – the last Vampire, Perfect Blue and Paranoia Agent. Witch Hunter Robin. Berserk maybe and Bubblegum Crisis.
One of the movies no one seems to know: Tekkon Kinkreet – it’s sooo good!
In recent years it’s Attack on Titan and Psycho Pass. Oh, Fate/Zero too.
If you wanna laugh it’s Arakawa under the Bridge (I laughed so hard the first time I watched this one that I woke my neighbours in the middle of the night ^^) and Level E, oh and To Aru Kagaku no Railgun ^^b
For the romantics: 5 Centimeters per Second (a masterpiece), Nana, Paradise Kiss and Honey and Clover.
If you wanna sob like a baby: Wolf’s Rain (I named my dog after the flower maiden ^^) and Tokyo Magnitute. (I cried way too much – the next day people asked me why my eyes are swollen... (^_^”) Just said I didn’t sleep so well...) ;)
If you’d like to go for a road trip: Michiko to Hatchin! ^^
For everyone who likes crazy: FLCL and Kill la Kill

And as for video games...
I’m more of a console gamer never played any computer games. And I’m more of a retro gamer as well... don’t play that much anymore unfortunately... can’t find the time...

For me, one of the greatest games ever made definitely is Silent Hill 2.
Awesome story, outstanding atmosphere and great music.
Metal Gear Solid, GTA Vice City (I loved the 8os theme!!!), Final Fantasy VII – X, the first Resident Evil games, Vagrant Story, Galerians, ICO...
I always had a thing for the Yakuza games as well... ^^
Heavy Rain left quite an impact too. Alice: Madness Returns.
Super Meat Boy, of course! (^_^)b
Every now and then I like to play a shooter like Far Cry or Black.
The Last of Us and the Walking Dead game are great as well. But I’ve never finished those two. Just played a little at a friends place. Gosh, I gotta play again!!!

Well... I think you can see by now that there is not ONE favorite but rather a few ^^b

How about you? What are your favorites?
Or everyone else's...? Now I’m curious (^_^)

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hello, first post in this topic so I hope I won't make any major screw-ups. Anyone's been losing interest in anime recently and/or knows any good title to come back? More than two years, and I'm still unable to watch any new series. Just sticking around dynasty, watching fanart and attending conventions.
Anon, as someone who lives nearby your country (to your east) you've reminded me of all those German lessons I had at my school. You'd think that a country sharing a border of 480km with Germany would have a decent level of German classes, but no. I swear, from three teachers that I had during 3 years at my secondary school all of them pronounced "ich" in a completely different manner, none of which were correct as I've found out recently.

joined Jun 22, 2016

Welcome! (^_^)/

So you’re from Poland, I assume…?

If you’re looking for something easy-going, One Punch Man was pretty popular and fun to watch.
I’m not really up to date with girl’s love anime, in case you’re looking for that.
Maybe someone else can help you out with those.

It doesn’t help much, when the people teaching a language are not native speakers themselves... I used to have the same problem with my English teachers, so I know exactly what you’re talking about. Some were even worse than the students when it came to pronunciation...
Video games helped me learn how to speak properly ^^b
And German is a language with a lot of edges, kinda. Not the kind of language that just rolls off your tongue. That doesn't help at all, I guess.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon99 yes, kind of, stubbornness is a persistent trait in my character.
I wonder, if i provide for you a toy digger, will you be able to build something more classic, like this xD :
https://gradcontent.com/lib/600x350/hohenschwangau.jpg

Boku dake ga Inai Machi is a more recent anime I actually liked, kind of. And I would add Tokyo ghoul and Samurai X to your list xD.

@Norainhere why not?

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

its a long holiday to me so i started watching gintama, first i feel skeptic and about to drop it, i force it until 60 episode and boom! i watched it untill Gintama 2015 and makes want to watch other subtext yuri anime

To reply you must either login or sign up.