joined Mar 23, 2014

Yes! Give Nozomi love!

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

i thought nico x maki is official...

TheLostLight
Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

I've only watched the first season, but through doujins and everything, I think I like NozoNico better so far...

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

But then who would love Maki? Eli? I don't think I've ever seen art of those two.

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

But then who would love Maki? Eli? I don't think I've ever seen art of those two.

In the case of NozoNico, I would typically ship Maki with Rin, Hanayo or both at the same time... Love Live is the only anime where I've ever been able to tolerate threesome ships before. But that's just me, I dunno what other people would think of that...

I think my optimal Love Live pairing list to make sure everyone in the main nine is hooked up with someone would be something like this:
NozoNico
EliUmi (I always love this one and always prefer it over the other ships involving these two)
RinMakiPana
Honoka/Kotori

Of course, Anju/Erena is also good, but they're not from the main nine, so they don't go in the list. As for Tsubasa, well... honestly, after reading that one doujin where she literally kidnapped Honoka and was creepy as hell, I haven't liked reading about her as much (even though I know she's not really like that... right?), so I dunno whether I'd pair her up with anyone.

last edited at Jun 9, 2016 6:25AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

As for Tsubasa, well... honestly, after reading that one doujin where she literally kidnapped Honoka and was creepy as hell, I haven't liked reading about her as much (even though I know she's not really like that... right?), so I dunno whether I'd pair her up with anyone.

Agh it pains my heart to see this spoken about my girl Tsubasa ;_;

Have you watched the second season and movie? She's so charismatic and admirable, I don't know how people can dislike her :(

Ahem, my bias for Tsubasa aside....

NOZONICO! NOZONICO! I've always liked this pairing. Nice to see more of it being uploaded.

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Agh it pains my heart to see this spoken about my girl Tsubasa ;_;

Have you watched the second season and movie? She's so charismatic and admirable, I don't know how people can dislike her :(

I swear I'm not dissing Tsubasa... I just don't like reading about her as much anymore because every time I try I get reminded of her creepy self in the doujin I mentioned.

But uh... actually, I've never watched Love Live at all. Not the movie and not a single episode. The closest I've come to viewing any of the source material is reading a few chapters of the side manga thing that has the official tag but still does chapters with pairing tags once in a while.

Like with Madoka Magica, basically everything I know about Love Live and its characters comes from the doujins on Dynasty, which, admittedly, are not always the most accurate source. The primary difference between my treatment of each fandom so far is that I haven't written fanfiction for Love Live yet, but I have twice for Madoka Magica...

joined Oct 3, 2015

Nico on page 1 is totally cute! i like this art a lot.

35c990f6-7c27-4620-972d-5aaee310af25-15976-00000b53e4662256
joined Jun 6, 2016

Hurrah for NozoNico !! °✧◝( ⁰▿⁰ )◜✧°

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

Hurrah for NozoNico !! °✧◝( ⁰▿⁰ )◜✧°

That username of yours though... I frigging love it. Thumbs up.

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

But uh... actually, I've never watched Love Live at all. Not the movie and not a single episode. The closest I've come to viewing any of the source material is reading a few chapters of the side manga thing that has the official tag but still does chapters with pairing tags once in a while.

Like with Madoka Magica, basically everything I know about Love Live and its characters comes from the doujins on Dynasty, which, admittedly, are not always the most accurate source. The primary difference between my treatment of each fandom so far is that I haven't written fanfiction for Love Live yet, but I have twice for Madoka Magica...

uhm... how about try to watch the series?

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

More NozoNico is always welcome. <3

I swear I'm not dissing Tsubasa... I just don't like reading about her as much anymore because every time I try I get reminded of her creepy self in the doujin I mentioned.

Just re-read the good stuff and ignore works by that artist since their Tsubasa is pretty much always like that.

All the other TsubaHono stuff here besides that one doujin is all great.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/it_seems_like_a_rises_tsubasa_sama_wants_to_go_dancing_dancing_with_honoka_chan
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tsubasa_sama_is_a_love_liver
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tsubasa_sama_is_a_love_liver_encore
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fan
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/meet

One bad doujin shouldn't sour you, or rather, don't let it sour your view of a character. I've read plenty of fanfics where I don't like how Nico is portrayed but she's still my (second) favorite character. (Tsubasa is my #1, so please enjoy stuff about her ;_;).

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

uhm... how about try to watch the series?

I could, but usually when I'm consuming something for yuri, I prefer doujins over the source material anyway... more rewarding substance there. Besides, if you read enough doujins, you'll eventually figure out what the show is about without ever having to take the time to watch it. I've done that with a lot of stuff that has material on Dynasty, actually...

Thevoid
joined Nov 13, 2015

More NozoNico is always welcome. <3

Just re-read the good stuff and ignore works by that artist since their Tsubasa is pretty much always like that.

All the other TsubaHono stuff here besides that one doujin is all great.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/it_seems_like_a_rises_tsubasa_sama_wants_to_go_dancing_dancing_with_honoka_chan
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tsubasa_sama_is_a_love_liver
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/tsubasa_sama_is_a_love_liver_encore
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fan
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/meet

One bad doujin shouldn't sour you, or rather, don't let it sour your view of a character. I've read plenty of fanfics where I don't like how Nico is portrayed but she's still my (second) favorite character. (Tsubasa is my #1, so please enjoy stuff about her ;_;).

Thanks for the list. I'll try... that's about all I can promise, though.

Worth saying is that I don't actually dislike Tsubasa... I just haven't been able to enjoy reading about her as of late. I think her actual character (as in, in canon) is just fine, and one of the more interesting ones in the cast, at that. From what I remember reading about, at least. But the last time I read an article dedicated at least in part to Tsubasa, it was literally a guy wearing yuri goggles trying to prove that Tsubasa is canonly in love with Honoka using rabid shipper-brand evidence. I'm not sure how much of a source like that I should actually trust as factual...

11828559_843014909109816_2387147465110623620_n
joined Aug 2, 2015

It's everything you ever needed

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

i thought nico x maki is official...

The franchise creators noticed a trend (before the anime started) among the franchise fans to "ship" certain pairs: NozoEri, RinPana, NicoMaki, various HonoKotoUmi pairs or the trio. So the first season they put that in the opening song scenes*. First season they left things somewhat open while still giving the main trends a bit of extra time. In the 2nd season the Nico and Maki encounters became more common but not romantic, with two exceptions. In one case, they went on a date one night, but it wasn't made a big deal of. On another occasion, Kotori "shipped" them by bringing them a couple's soda with a heart-shaped twin straw. Their PVs were pretty romantic, though. Meanwhile the fandom has branched out, and Maki, a super-popular character to begin with (usually only #2 to Eli), became the character 'shipped with the most other characters. After Nico x Maki, which is indeed the dominant fan-ship of the whole show by most measures**, Maki is often shipped with Rin, Umi, Eli, Honoka and Hanayo.

Nico, in contrast, is also shipped with Nozomi or Nozomi and Eli together, or with Hanayo.

The Love Live! franchise definitely pays close attention to fan trends. If you could get enough fans to support it, Maki x Principal Minami or Nico x Tsubasa would be "official."

*If you notice the lawn photo in the opening of Season 1, they are lying down as if you started by taking the 3rd years, then 2nd years, then 1st years as groups, then yanked Nico out of the 3rd-years and paired her with Maki.

**The Google search trend is like Nico x Maki way up and all other 'ships combined don't add up to a third of their hits. Fan polls go up and down, NicoMaki stays in the top 5 but aren't always on top.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

(Tsubasa is my #1, so please enjoy stuff about her ;_;).

Ahhh a fellow Tsubasa stan! Hi five! I haven't met many people where Tsubasa is their #1 as well. I always thought it was funny that I wasn't able to pick a favorite in all of Season 1, but once Tsubasa came on screen for like 2 minutes, I fell instantly in love even though I wasn't a fan of her character design.

Ok this'll be my last comment about Tsubasa. Sorry for derailing the thread!

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

Short, simple, utterly adorable. I love it. More please! ^_^

To reply you must either login or sign up.