Forum › Nico's NozoEli Housewarming discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Hey guys I just checked Pito's twitter and it doesn't seem like they were pleased with this being translated without their permission. Did the scanslation group talk to Pito yet?

https://twitter.com/pito_sh/status/724243710360227840 Pito seems ok with it, which is nice to hear.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So it's not so much Pito not being okay with it but rather this random person being sticky about it and Pito not going along with them?

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hey guys I just checked Pito's twitter and it doesn't seem like they were pleased with this being translated without their permission. Did the scanslation group talk to Pito yet?

https://twitter.com/pito_sh/status/724243710360227840 Pito seems ok with it, which is nice to hear.

I can't really tell, google translation was off again lmao, but those images aren't the ones who were translated by Baekhap

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 5:39AM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Ah okay I see. Thanks guys!

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

Since I'm directly involved in it, I'll just come clean with it. At first, a friend of mine asked for my help because they wanted to create a JP TL version of it, because Pito requested for it. Then upon inspecting the thread, Pito said that they weren't satisfied with the first translation because it had mistranslations. So along the way, we translated it to proper English, asked Pito if Pito is okay about it, then asked if we can translate Pito's other works and got the OK. We are not involved with baekhap scans. Then I resubmitted it and this one get updated, so it seems. (See here: https://twitter.com/g_luceroth/status/724512176099057667 )

We're not sure how to approach them, because if we told them Pito didn't like their TL people might just view us as 'antagonizing them' so we just did what we can. We don't mean to step on anyone's pride in any way, if there were any hurt, I apologize.

Let's just love, love live. lol.

To anyone curious: we did do the Japanese version with what we can: https://twitter.com/sensenyukari/status/724862676816519169 also today is Pito's Birthday.

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 4:40AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Pito wasn't satisfied with the one that was on Dynasty (by Baekhap) or the poorly edited one on twitter?
Cus iirc, the one you submitted, besides image resolution, wasn't very different from the one that was originally uploaded.

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

Pito wasn't satisfied with the one that was on Dynasty (by Baekhap) or the poorly edited one on twitter?
Cus iirc, the one you submitted, besides image resolution, wasn't very different from the one that was originally uploaded.

Sorry to pop your bubble. I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say the "poorly edited one in twitter" but this version uploaded here was approved and praised by Pito for having more accurate translations and a 'cleaner' output typesetting wise. Also, it definitely was not this one, uploaded now. Also this one had an extra page that wasn't in the original.

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 8:31AM

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I cant believed I'm not following Pito on Twitter, guess I forgot.. lol.
Thanks for the translation :)

joined Sep 21, 2014

Sorry to pop your bubble. I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say the "poorly edited one in twitter" but this version uploaded here was approved and praised by Pito for having more accurate translations and a 'cleaner' output typesetting wise. Also, it definitely was not this one, uploaded now. Also this one had an extra page that wasn't in the original.

The one that was on Dynasty wasn't the one that Pito disapproved of on twitter. The one in your link was poorly edited and had a different translation than the one that was originally submitted on Dynasty, which had a pretty similar translation to yours and sounded smoother, wording-wise. I just checked with Firelily and I was correct, what you found and criticized was a 2nd version, unrelated to the one on Dynasty (we know yours is the currently uploaded one, we totally noticed), that you could have easily noticed. (Twitter version had the words over the text bubbles): Baekhap, Twitter
If Baekhap had found the same images you had used, I don't see how yours is that better tbh, but it's okay, Firelily doesn't mind that a new version was uploaded for the image resolution and that extra page, and that alright by me as well, but one thing doesn't sit right.

We're not sure how to approach them, because if we told them Pito didn't like their TL people might just view us as 'antagonizing them' so we just did what we can.

What I don't understand however, is why you didn't approach Baekhap. So like, you didn't want to upset them over a translation Pito disapproved of, one they weren't actually responsible for, so by "do what you can", you just decided to just do it anyways and deal with the "formalities" after it was uploaded? That sounds like a lazy excuse.
That you have better image resolution and a translation that the author approves of, that I get, but first of all, the one the author criticized was not the one on the reader, and second of all, you went behind another group's back.
It's like you think that by putting more emphasis on how the author gave their 'ok', that you can just gloss over how you didn't contact the original uploader because "yours was better anyway".

That, I have a problem with.

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 12:08PM

Img_20200825_160023_055
joined Nov 6, 2015

Aiiiight.
The one in Pito's twitter is NOT the one we did. The font is different, and text content is also differently worded. Someone put different translations over our edited one.

If I had to say something as someone who put up the first version, I know that I messed up on the smaller text because it was hard to read. That's my bad for having low res images, so I had to try to make something with what I DID have.
Another thing, you'd at least have the decency to let the first uploader know instead of putting it up and giving a "Sorry, not sorry" sort of excuse instead. Tbh, I didn't even notice til someone brought it up to me, and I was kind of "meh" at first but I just felt like I had to say something.
Finally, if you're going to give it "proper" translations, you should also at least take the measure to make it easier to read. What's with that stiff wording? I mean, at least make it casual.

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

iirc pito also criticized the one previously uploaded on here. It was a conversation between Nyan's TL and Pito on Twitter. Whatever was pointed out by other people here was a third version of the images. But maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: was referring to this https://twitter.com/g_luceroth/status/724512176099057667

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 12:13PM

Img_20200825_160023_055
joined Nov 6, 2015

I looked at the difference, and tbh only two texts were really different. I put that in the credits that they might've been mistranslated.

I didn't know there was a third page either, but I'm not even talking about that one. It's just the first two. I mean you guys can totally sweep it under the rug and whatever, it's not a HUGE deal.
Someone just re-lit a fire (in me) I was trying to put out. I didn't want to argue about it //COUGHCOUGHOUGHCOUGH. You know who you are.

joined Sep 21, 2014

The main point really is that they went behind Baekhap because they didn't feel like confronting us and justified it using the author's preference. It doesn't make sense to say that they didn't want to offend the group, but then did the thing anyway. Sounds like they just didn't want to deal with it, and at worst even if the group's upset, they got what they wanted.
I understand the decision to upload theirs, but it doesn't change that it feels super unpleasant to have it done without our knowledge.

Pardon my checking of the twitter exchange via google translate, but Pito didn't actually criticize it?

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 12:24PM

Img_20200825_160023_055
joined Nov 6, 2015

iirc pito also criticized the one previously uploaded on here. It was a conversation between Nyan's TL and Pito on Twitter. Whatever was pointed out by other people here was a third version of the images. But maybe I'm wrong.

Edit: was referring to this https://twitter.com/g_luceroth/status/724512176099057667

According to your link, Pito doesn't outright criticize our previous one.
Here.

First tweet: Hello Pito-ssi.
My Korean skills aren't that great, but I'm sending you a message to explain
We're a different team than before and we've made a different translation.
Does this translation satisfy you?
Thank you very much.

To which Pito replied: That's right. (--agreeable comment--) It satisfies me a lot more than the one before...! (It also makes me happy that this is cleaner as well) //this third sentence is harder for me to translate cos I can't word it, but it's not a criticism remark. It has to do with love live// Please do not erase my signature.

Soooooo... I don't know what you're talking about, except Pito being polite af and not outrightly criticizing OURS. Because I went back and checked my pictures and they're not dirty. (http://imgur.com/u3EwzMp OUR page) They're a little blurry, but it's not faded and awkwardly specked. (http://imgur.com/QVK8CLP < Page from NOT our version.)

machigai kouhai Uploader
Wympw_yh
NHFH Scanlations
joined Sep 10, 2014

I misunderstood then. I apologize.

Img_20200825_160023_055
joined Nov 6, 2015

I misunderstood then. I apologize.

Forgiven.

To the other group though- I hope you guys learn some common courtesy, because not everyone is going to be a whiny bitch if you contact them to say "I believe your guys' translations were a bit off. Do you mind if we re-upload the imaged with a higher resolution and corrected translation?" I would've just said sure, and offered to work with you.

"Sorry to pop your bubble"

^ That's not something to say if you guys were sorry. Out of most of the stuff you typed, this is probably what irked me the most to step up to the plate and type a response. I don't know if you guys just don't know how to treat other groups or what.

And just as a side note, I'm just a college student who translate Korean works to practice my language with whatever spare time I have. There is no "pride" work here, it's all honest practice. I'm willing and very open about getting help if I did something wrong.

I'm not sure if you've learned anything from this forum conversation, but I very much hope you don't cause an issue like this in the future. Even if you're afraid of being flamed at or it's YOUR OWN pride at stake, suck it up and be mature about it. Jfc, what am I even doing with my morning here.

last edited at Apr 26, 2016 12:52PM

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

i love this

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Pito <3

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Now, for a more serious matter: Is there anywere NozoEli won't fuck?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Updated with a updated version by Firelily using the full size images.

@auikimaya I think we both know the answer to that.

Img_20200825_160023_055
joined Nov 6, 2015

Rip, i forgot to put the credits page ayylmao

I blame Faust for rushing me to request it. :')
I'll upload it after work, sorry!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

The punchline on the last page is perfect.

joined Sep 19, 2014

I saw a sofa like that for cats.... I wanted to by one for my cat.... I'm not sure I'm going to now

19642653_1951141231771763_2417375312714862391_n
joined Aug 5, 2017

The sofa broke hahahahaha

934c158f-6d10-4800-a176-151cb1c96d1b
joined Dec 23, 2019

Love how it started cute and innocent and then just really sexy.

To reply you must either login or sign up.