Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Feb 4, 2016

You didn't miss it. I just went a bit further to a conclusion. :D

Lol you caught me off guard there, because I almost scolded myself for possibly missing out sth important XD

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Seju will not die, but she might be trying to commit suicide and fail, that's also possible if Team Gaji do not want to pull the trigger.

Trying to commit suicide and then successfully get what you want is just so uncool.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

9toenails

True, those foreshadowing are difficult to ignore. Seju attempts to kill herself but fail is another possible scenario. The story is going to get more dramatic from here...

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

You didn't miss it. I just went a bit further to a conclusion. :D

Lol you caught me off guard there, because I almost scolded myself for possibly missing out sth important XD

Sorry. XD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

If the redhead is the person Sumin was referring to when she said "I thought she's the one"

When did she say that? In this chapter?

Even if they were long term, this doesn't mean much imo. Seju probably had to interfere for two reasons. One, she knew Sumin was being cheated, and I don't find that particularly shady of her to do. I mean, if I was being cheated and poeple knew about it, I would like them to tell me.
And second, yes she did it for selfish reasons too. Two birds with one stone.

Not to mention, do you remember the scene where Sumin saw Seju's car outside her house, and said to the redhead to come in her house, only because she wanted Seju to see? If she was genuinly in love with the redhead, she wouldn't do this.

Btw guys, there is a special chapter on Lezhin and it's free to read. It's questions from fans

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 1:18PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If the redhead is the person Sumin was referring to when she said "I thought she's the one"

I was wanting to ask the same thing. ???

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

No, I forgot which chapter but it was somewhere in the earlier chapter. Before Sumin got her tattoo.

Even if they were long term, this doesn't mean much imo. Seju probably had to interfere for two reasons. One, she knew Sumin was being cheated, and I don't find that particularly shady of her to do. I mean, if I was being cheated and poeple knew about it, I would like them to tell me.

Agreed. Her actions aren't wrong in a way but also can't be justified.

Not to mention, do you remember the scene where Sumin saw Seju's car outside her house, and said to the redhead to come in her house, only because she wanted Seju to see? If she was genuinly in love with the redhead, she wouldn't do this.

I actually missed the part when she saw Seju's car. Had to went back to re-read that chapter. So, yes, Sumin was taking advantage of the redhead. And she did vomit once after having sex using a toy with the redhead. I guess you're right, she might not have been genuinely in love with the redhead. .

Gosh, I just realised that it's kind of difficult to tell whether Sumin is really genuinely in love with someone.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 1:29PM

joined Feb 4, 2016

"It doesn't matter if you are an empty shell Sumin"
"It's different"
"What's different?"

I'm also still confused with this dialogue. It's not clear what's different.

For me she's referring to Seju. She was asked: There's someone like this ? Someone who would hold an empty person like her ? And Sumin said she's wrong, and said it's different, and the scene goes directly to Seju. This might indicate that they're wrong for thinking she's just an empty shell. She's still in love with Seju, and that's different with an empty shell, because she feel feels.

She's just keeping every girl at arms length, always looking like she's not meaning any relationship with them, and frequently dozing off while comparing them to Seju. Hence her ex thinking she's just an empty shell who does not able to feel love, when in reality she's just filling up Seju's gap, which unfortunately by using those ex-ess.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 1:32PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Gosh, I just realised that it's kind of difficult to tell whether Sumin is really genuinely in love with someone.

[+1]

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Gosh I just realised that it's kind of difficult to tell whether Sumin is really genuinely in love with someone.

We can't even be sure for Sungji right now.

A question that I found interesting from the special chapter

Q: "Who is the fox, Sumin, Seju or Sungji?"

A: "The fox is whoever the readers wish to be. It can be either Sumin, Seongji, Seju, or all three. The story will be different depending on whom you empathize with"

What if that's a clue for the end too? Like they'll leave an open ending for the readers to interpret of how they feel like?!

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

For me she's referring to Seju. She was asked: There's someone like this ? Someone who would hold an empty person like her ? And Sumin said she's wrong, and said it's different, and the scene goes directly to Seju. This might indicate that they're wrong for thinking she's just an empty shell. She's still in love with Seju, and that's different with an empty shell, because she feel feels.

For me, I think that was referring to readhead. She meant the lawyer was wrong because readhead could accept her.

joined Feb 4, 2016

For me, I think that was referring to readhead. She meant the lawyer was wrong because readhead could accept her.

I was thinking that exact same thing at first too, wrong referring to redhead (she accepts Sumin), and different referring to Seju. But yeah, the more I read into it, the more ambiguous it is.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Yes, but since she chose to tell redhead's husband, it has turned to be "Two birds with one stone + the stone fell down hitting her own head." XD

joined Apr 22, 2016

I really want to see more sungji's pov and how she changes after this. Sumin is a mess, im sure even now she will continue confused about her feeling.
For now I want her comeback with seju cos if not she will continue hurt sungji. I hope she will know what sungji really meant for her after they apart ^^
I still hav a feeling teamblonde for win .

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

A: "The fox is whoever the readers wish to be. It can be either Sumin, Seongji, Seju, or all three. The story will be different depending on whom you empathize with"

What if that's a clue for the end too? Like they'll leave an open ending for the readers to interpret of how they feel like?!

An open ending. That's something we never thought about. But I honestly will be quite upset if that's how it's going to be

This might indicate that they're wrong for thinking she's just an empty shell. She's still in love with Seju, and that's different with an empty shell, because she feel feels.

The dialogue was really confusing, but I agree with this interpretation. I think Sumin was saying that they are wrong, she's not an empty shell. That she still feels love. And Seju was right, she is still in love with her.
This chapter's flashback and dialogues was hella confusing.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 1:48PM

joined Sep 27, 2015

Wait this chapter was a little confusing for me with all the flashbacks and stuff. At the very end, when Sumin was sleping with Seju, was that at the present or in the past? They had white borders at the background which I thought was during the present, but this chapter was all over the place so idk what happened.

joined Feb 4, 2016

At the very end, when Sumin was sleping with Seju, was that at the present or in the past? They had white borders at the background which I thought was during the present, but this chapter was all over the place so idk what happened.

Mostly the past, it all mostly conversation from the past, and not all scenes are actually there, it's like those people voices swimming inside Sumin's head and she visualize who said that. Sumin's getting high right now. Seju's dialogue is also the past, but Sumin confirming her feeling is the present.

Yes, but since she chose to tell redhead's husband, it has turned to be "Two birds with one stone + the stone fell down hitting her own head." XD

LOL, I laughed a little too hard at this XDD

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 1:59PM

Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

Team Blonde here. Been lurking in this thread for a month, but you guys tend to move the thread so quickly, it's hard to join in.

I'll pitch in my 2 cents here on the latest chapter, focusing more on Sungji's presence in the chapter since it seems like you've all analyzed Seju and Sumin pretty thoroughly.

When Sungji finally appeared with her "Team Leader, right now, the one next to you is me" and her hand outstretched, I viewed it as Sumin being aware of Sungji's want to help Sumin out (via their relationship), even if Sumin doesn't seem to reciprocate or accept that help.

Immediately after that panel though, comes redhead seducing Sungji and saying that Sungji's too good for Sumin. Since Sumin seems to be analyzing her relationships and doing some introspection of herself at that point, I think it's safe to say that Sumin believes Sungji's too good for her, and that she fears Sungji will leave her for another woman, since Sumin's a "garbage-like person" and "an empty shell."

What hurts my heart is that (at least, this is how I interpreted it) Sumin responds negatively when asked if "there's someone who'd hold an empty shell like you," and that someone was, I believe, Sungji. Sumin recognizes Sungji's presence in her life and her infatuation with Sumin that's a lot more refreshing and carefree than her relationship with Seju, yet Sumin still doesn't seem to want Sungji to "heal" her.

It's possible Sumin's just being a depressed piece of shit since her mind's breaking down at the possibility of no longer having Seju and she's not thinking straight, hence her clouded view of Sungji, but alas, this story has become so unpredictable, it's hard to even test the waters ahead since everything's so ambiguous.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

LuxEtVeritas
I think you are right about Sungji. Maybe Sumin is not completely over Seju but that doesn't mean she wants to leave Sungji for her. She might actually be feeling bad because of what she did/how she feels. I think she will likely make Sungji snap though and when something threatens their relationship she might realize how important she was to her all along.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Come to think about it, the lawyer is a bit too harsh for saying "No one would hold an empty shell like you," to Sumin. Want Sumin to meet her again and tells her that she is just so wrong!

I just wonder why fans didn't ask if they drew the characters based on SNSD's girls. Because that was a hot topic that readers discussed a lot before.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 6:53PM

joined Feb 4, 2016

I just wonder why fans didn't ask if they drew the characters based on SNSD's girls. Because that was a hot topic that readers discussed a lot before.

I am quite sure it was asked by one of the reader, but perhaps Lezhin just take safe route and shy away from confirming it outright in case there will be copyright issue with SNSD's image being used and their management. But yeah, Lezhin has posted sth about the similarities between Taeyeon and Sumin, so XD

What hurts my heart is that (at least, this is how I interpreted it) Sumin responds negatively when asked if "there's someone who'd hold an empty shell like you," and that someone was, I believe, Sungji.

Interesting. Because I am very sure that at that panel she's not referring to Sungji at all. This chapter is quite fascinating because it proved to be so ambiguous that it delivers different idea to the reader.

I am still bitter until now that Team Gaji under developed Sungji's character in the story that she seems kinda out of place now. I feel like her development was a lot better in the beginning. Because past that point it was just her going on dates with Sumin and their push & pull to have sex. There are sweet and the sex looks hot, but I feel like many of it are just fillers and shallow, because it brings little to both development.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 9:17PM

Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

As an SNSD fan myself, I don't think Team Gaji drew it based on ALL the members of SNSD. Taeyeon's the only one who has an incredible amount of similarity to Sumin, down to their mannerisms, style of clothing, and even their depressing thoughts. (There's one person in here who keeps saying Taeyeon looks too girly compared to Sumin, but as a fan of Taeyeon, I can assure you she is one helluva badass when she is on stage/wants to be.)

Edit: Sooyoung as Nami can make sense too, what with their jokester personality, wittiness, and tendency to call out Taeyeon/Sumin on their lack of height.

last edited at Apr 22, 2016 11:58PM

joined Feb 4, 2016

LuxEtVeritas

Completely agree. Watched Taeyeon on a concert a week ago, and hell she's killin it. Sumin and Taeyeon are both a bit emo too.

last edited at Apr 23, 2016 12:29AM

Taeyeon%20mr%20mr
joined Mar 18, 2016

LuxEtVeritas

Completely agree. Watched Taeyeon on a concert a week ago, and hell she's killin it. Sumin and Taeyeon are both a bit emo too.

You were at Jakarta?! Jealous :C

But yeah, they're both emo, keep their emotions to themselves, bottle everything inside until it all explodes. I feel like we all need to hold a therapy session for the three girls.

joined Feb 4, 2016

LuxEtVeritas

Yes, I live there actually haha ^^

To reply you must either login or sign up.