Forum › Shiromuchi discussion

joined Jan 8, 2016

Yeah it would be fun if they had a hearth-attack.

lol

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

No, I remember the one you're talking about but the one I'm thinking of is different. I do recall the characters were much younger than here, and it definitely wasn't by Amano.

I remember I remember the one from princess princess right? The lips author.

Edit: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sugar_complex#16

No, it wasn't that one either. I wish I could remember the title...it was a one-shot, and the characters were around middle-school age I think? Or maybe it was elementary school. It had "traditionally shoujo" art, like with very cute, big eyes and such. Ah, I'm bad at explaining things, sorry.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

No, I remember the one you're talking about but the one I'm thinking of is different. I do recall the characters were much younger than here, and it definitely wasn't by Amano.

No, it wasn't that one either. I wish I could remember the title...it was a one-shot, and the characters were around middle-school age I think? Or maybe it was elementary school. It had "traditionally shoujo" art, like with very cute, big eyes and such. Ah, I'm bad at explaining things, sorry.

Was it Fatonic Love, then? I'm running out of stories with pudgy girls (which itself is kinda sad).

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Was it Fatonic Love, then? I'm running out of stories with pudgy girls (which itself is kinda sad).

Oh, yeah, it was that one. Thanks Nezchan! It was a bit more perverted than I remembered....

joined Jan 14, 2016

being overweight is wrong, but I don't think it should be encouraged it's really unhealthy.

joined Oct 12, 2013

I think Shuninta has a feeding kink.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

being overweight is wrong, but I don't think it should be encouraged it's really unhealthy.

Hurr durr no fatties plz.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

fatties are immoral. Not in MY good Christian manga.

joined Aug 11, 2014

It's kind of amazing how hard people can latch on to this idea that weight always equals health 1000% of the time. Like, my mother is fat, has been ever since her first pregnancy. My father (perpetually rail-thin) was with her for a solid 30 years, so he could easily see how much and how often she ate - in other words, a completely normal amount for an adult woman, and never as much as him. There were even periods where she would skip meals because of poverty (can't remember how many times I heard "don't worry, honey, I'll eat later" or "it's fine, I'm not hungry" when growing up) and, wouldn't you know it, she was still a fat woman. And yet, knowing all that, my father will still make disparaging comments when there's a news report about the "obesity crisis" or the ubiquity of fast food or whatever. Even having spent decades with the love of his life as living proof that hey, maybe it's more complicated than that, he still doesn't think to question the concept of fatness as a sign of moral failure and dereliction of personal responsibility. Amazing, really.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gale posted:

There were even periods where she would skip meals because of poverty (can't remember how many times I heard "don't worry, honey, I'll eat later" or "it's fine, I'm not hungry" when growing up) and, wouldn't you know it, she was still a fat woman.

This sort of thing can actually make it a lot more difficult to lose weight/keep it off anyways. If your body is used to being malnourished then if it gets a chance to store energy into fat it'll go into overdrive to do so to help stave off starvation at a later date.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Anecdotally, the biggest woman I know eats healthy, is physically fit, teaches belly dance on a regular basis, has her own dance troupe, has a job that keeps her on her feet a lot and is healthy as two horses. My own doctor thinks the idea that fat == unhealthy is a crock of shit, and rejects the whole concept of BMI. There are much better indicators of heatlh.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, I know overweight people that are unhealthy. But their poor health typically isn't caused by their weight, but often the reverse. Like thyroid issues, which make weight management very difficult.

joined Aug 16, 2015

Well, there is obviously a limit to how much weight a person can put on before health problems arise. In most cases, being fat isn't a problem, but morbid obesity isn't something to take lightly. (Of course, it doesn't get to that point if someone takes care of themselves properly.)
It's to be expected that people would want to prevent those who are already slightly overweight from getting to the point where their health is in danger. Not everybody is good-willed like that, though, so I can understand your frustration over those complaining about overweight people.
wait... this took me 5 hours to write... I knew I was slow, but wow

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, there is obviously a limit to how much weight a person can put on before health problems arise. In most cases, being fat isn't a problem, but morbid obesity isn't something to take lightly. (Of course, it doesn't get to that point if someone takes care of themselves properly.)

Yeah, fat like the girl in the story isn't really a problem. She's nowhere close to the point where serious problems happen.

Her girlfriend's kinda got issues, though.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

From what I've heard in recent years, as long as you are physically fit and not morbidly obese, weight doesn't really matter much.
"But Yuri Girl, there's all those studies connecting extra weight with heart disease and diabetes and such."

The key here is physically fit. Most people who are overweight by very much are not very physically fit. (Not exercising is part of how they get that heavy.) In fact, people whose weight is good, but are not fit, also tend to have health issues. (Sorry, no references on this.) So staying in shape is what's important.

Ah, I'm technically nearly obese (not morbidly obese) and not in the best (but not the worst) condition. Obviously, I need to do better. (I'm currently healthy though.)

last edited at Mar 27, 2016 11:12PM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

"She's got some problems with her personality..."
Lol, look who's talking, jfc. There's preference, and then there's fetishization :/
Fetishization occurs when you care more about the feature your attracted to than the person holding that feature.

Ditto what everyone else said. I expected better from Shuninta. This was a story about a toxic relationship– with no awareness of the fact.

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

I knew that the comments for this one would be varied. Sigh. Now, where do I begin?
Honestly, I didn't enjoy this story as much as others, and I don't have a problem with her being overweight, the problem, like many mentioned, would be the encouragement of her eating more. I know, it's just a story, but (again like others said) it seems like the skinny one has a fetish. Doesn't seem like she's a couple with her out of pure love. The chubby one clearly doesn't like that, and it makes me very uncomfortable. Complementing what someone thinks of as a flaw is NOT GOOD. I repeat, not good. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't really have a problem with this story. That being said, people need to chill.
Anyways, Its not good to disrespect this story by saying things like "eww" or "gross". It's rude to both the story (and author) and certain readers. I'm not overweight now, but in the past I was above average weight by a few pounds, so I can't say I completely understand, but some people find it hurtful. Everyone can have their own opinions, but some opinions are better kept to yourself. So if you don't like it, why waste your time and actually read it? And if you didn't read it, why even BOTHER COMMENTING on it? Also, I saw some discuss the issue of being overweight and healthy. Honestly, how fucking ignorant can you be? Weight does not always correlate to health. I know healthy people who are over weight. Of course, there are people who are overweight/obese due to the fact that they aren't healthy, but it doesn't apply to everyone. Saying that overweight people can't be healthy is like saying skinny people can't be unhealthy. It doesn't make sense. Skinny people can have diabetes, be malnourished (which doesn't mean starving, it means have a bad diet and unhealthy lifestyle) etc etc, just like overweight people can be overweight but still have a good lifestyle with exercise and a good exercise. One of my cousins had a baby 2 years ago. She wasn't fat, she was in good shape, actually. After having her baby, she couldn't lose much weight, but she was one of the healthiest people I know. She goes to the gym at least 4 times a week, she cooks healthy meals (she's trying to go vegetarian sometimes so she does that too) and she does regular check ups, and guess what? Nothing is wrong with her! She's fine. Of course, this doesn't always apply to everyone. I'm not saying that all overweight people must be healthy. I understand that a some overweight people may be that way due to their lifestyles, but that does not apply to everyone. It's bad to assume that overweight people are always unhealthy. Anyways yeah that's my stance on things T-T

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

This was cute, skinny x chubby is really cute.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I didn't like it. It really didn't feel like "I love you the way you are", but more like MC was just getting off her fetish on her gf. It felt as if only thing MC liked her for was her being fat and how gf felt about it didn't matter at all. All MC cared about was satysfing her desires ;/

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

^My thoughts exactly. I didn't feel comfortable reading through the manga.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Ditto what everyone else said. I expected better from Shuninta. This was a story about a toxic relationship– with no awareness of the fact.

It's exactly what I expect from the author of Those Feelings. Perhaps you are mis-aiming your expectations?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

sleekie posted:

It's exactly what I expect from the author of Those Feelings. Perhaps you are mis-aiming your expectations?

Those Feelings is only one of her works. She has both fluffy yuri and toxic/angsty stories. Labeling what kind of stories author writes after reading one isn't really the best idea. Some of my favorite fluff mangas are written by her.

last edited at Mar 28, 2016 11:28AM

joined Oct 12, 2013

It's been pretty clear that Shuninta has some sort of feeding fetish for a while now though. It pops up in Feelings and that other one-shot as well.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tiroskan posted:

It's been pretty clear that Shuninta has some sort of feeding fetish for a while now though. It pops up in Feelings and that other one-shot as well.

I don't remember it in Feelings, but in that other one shot it was portrayed really positive and there was no hint of it being only thing that mattered to fat girl's gf.

Also I really didn't find joke about breaking MC ribs funny. In the first place joking that someone fat can do it is kinda in bad taste.

last edited at Mar 28, 2016 11:30AM

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

As a fatty who would never dream of hurting my significant other, I find this title... Troubling... On one hand, this is the first yuri I've ever seen (a real one) with a plus size girl... But she's so abusive... The way her girlfriend fetishizes her fat is also... They should date other people.

To reply you must either login or sign up.