Forum › Saki discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Watch Saki + Nationals in Anime, you really don't miss anything and you get a pretty kickass soundtrack

Achiga-Hen sucks until the final episodes (pretty much when Teru shows takes the seat which would be 9-16)

Huh. I liked the Achiga-hen manga better than the main series honestly, despite having very little (no?) actual yuri.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Watch Saki + Nationals in Anime, you really don't miss anything and you get a pretty kickass soundtrack

Achiga-Hen sucks until the final episodes (pretty much when Teru shows takes the seat which would be 9-16)

Huh. I liked the Achiga-hen manga better than the main series honestly, despite having very little (no?) actual yuri.

didn't read manga Achiga-hen, battles are poorly rushed in the anime until Teru shows up, their time to shine didn't feel really earned, I thought Ritz was trying very hard to look for excuses to get them to second place more than any other match and something more personal, I just hate how all of them mesh in together when we have way more crazy creative character designs which help me seperate them all.

Shizunos superpower was kinda interesting and I guess they foreshadowed it enough with her Determinator superpower but she is seriously uncharismatic for an ace.

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 3:52PM

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Omg finally the finals. Rits had to create a little conflict for Saki so she and Nodka could have a moment

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I had no idea, until reading Akio's website, that Saki Volume 1 got an official English translation.

http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/none/Saki-Vol-1/9780316354943/?yen

I bought it on Kindle and Google Books. I don't know what regions it's locked to. Here's hoping it sells and we get a print run.

I just love this series.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

ZuljinRaynor, can you tell me the name of those other four mangas in your picture? I see one in the left and three in the right.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

From left most cut off one to right most cut off one:
Zenryaku, Yuri no Sono yori (2 volumes)
Saki (14 volumes)
Saki: Achiga Hen - Episode of Side A (6 volumes)
Shinohayu - The Dawn of Age (5 volumes)
Saki-Biyori (4 volumes)
Otome no Teikoku (8 volumes)

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Thanks ZuljinRaynor.

A little question about Saki Biyori, ins't Dynasty missing 23 chapters? Cause from what I remember those chapters on Batoto are not part of Saki Biyori BG uploaded here, what I know is that it was originally published in Young Gangan and then they changed to Big Gangan, so we have two Saki Biyori uploaded in all readers except Dynasty, at least from what I remember comparing with Batoto the first 23 chapters are not here, so if you could confirm that it is actually 67(23YG+44BG) chapters instead of only 44 that we have here...

last edited at Jan 7, 2016 11:11AM

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

hey so maybe it's not a good idea to take on a god of lust when you're a little georgian girl

sawaya should know better

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Thiaguinho-sama, so there are like 61 or so chapters in these 4 volumes, at the moment. And they are a combination of both BG and YG. In the copyright pages they tell which of the issues they were in, so from the beginning when the first print volume of Saki Biyori was released, it was already combined. The order is completely different than on here. Example is Chapter 1 is chapter 11 in Volume 1 and it's titled as "Tsuruga's Story 2." So they have a different numbering scheme but it should probably be both because I don't think stuff like Kiyosumi's Story 1 is even here on Dynasty.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

ZuljinRaynor, I had a look again since you said in the manga chapters have different order and it seens they also changed the name of some, it seens they actually releseased YG and BG at the same time but had to stop releasing in YG.

You said chapter 1 BG is 11 "Tsuruga's Story 2" in the manga, but if we go see from magazine release chapter 1 YG is "Tsuruga's Story 1", chapter 15 YG is "Tsuruga's Story 2", chapter 1 BG is probably "Tsuruga's Story 3" (2 in the manga), chapter 21 YG is "Tsuruga's Story 4", chapter 19 BG is "Tsuruga's Story 5" and chapter 32 is "Tsuruga's Story 6".

You also said "Kiyosumi's Story 1" is not on Dynasty, it's because it have the same problem, half the story was released in YG, chapter 2 YG is "Kiyosumi's Story 1", chapter 9 YG is "Kiyosumi's Story 2", chapter 6 BG is "Kiyosumi's Story 3", chapter 20 YG is "Kiyosumi's Story 4", chapter 15 BG is "Kiyosumi's Story 5", chapter 24 BG is "Kiyosumi's Story 6" and chapter 44 BG is "Kiyosumi's Story 7".

If you look in the manga I believe you have a different order? Shame probably no one will ever scan the manga version.

Either way I still wonder why we don't have on Dynasty the 23 chapters of YG, especially because they have been translated by /u/ Scanlations who also did the first 11 chapters of BG that are uploaded here.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

"Tsuruga's Story 2" from YG is now "Tsuruga's Story 3" in the tankobon. I do not know how they are sorted, but the first volume pretty much goes Kiyosumi 1, Kiyosumi 2, Kazekoshi 1, Kazekoshi 2, Ikeda 1, Ikeda 2, Ricker Cracker 1, Ryuumonbuchi 1 (in color), Ryuumonbuchi 2, Tsuruga 1, Tsuruga 2, Atago 1, Miyamori 1, Adults 1 (in color), Adults 2, and finally Omake.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

Now I wonder if they only inverted "Tsuruga's Story 2" and "Tsuruga's Story 3" or if they changed the numbering of other chapters too, did you have a look at the chapters I posted link if they have the same numbering for you? As for the order in the tankobon, guess they decided to not leave the stories too spread out, which must be why there's chapter 1 and 2 together of some characters, next volumes follow the same pattern? Like for example, it has Kiyosumi 3 and Kiyosumi 4 together? Guess you don't really need to look if you don't want, I doubt someone will scan and translate or make typeset of the manga so it doesn't really matter for now, thanks for it anyway. o7

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I think the ones you linked were all the same.

I can go through them all and list all the chapters they have. It will just take some time. I'll try do it over the weekend.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

I'm not sure it's necessary, all readers use the magazine version so the order they have in the tankobon don't really matter, you would just lose time to kill my curiosity.

last edited at Jan 8, 2016 1:22PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That skirt....

And either she wears a g-string, or she doesn't wear anything. Must be breezy...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That skirt....

And either she wears a g-string, or she doesn't wear anything. Must be breezy...

It's Saki world. Panties don't exist.

And Shizuno appears to be enjoying the breeze in that panel too.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013
joined Mar 15, 2015

Chapter 155 has been translated.

1)The information seems to suggest that the Miyanaga family broke apart when Teru was in 5th grade, which is a bit longer ago than I thought (although I'd heard that the Drama CD scene with Saki and Teru, which includes Saki's fond memory of Teru when they were young, was not long before Teru and her mother left home). Perhaps it also means that it'll be that much harder for Saki to reconcile with Teru, let alone get her parents to reconcile with each other.

2)I wonder why Nodoka said she didn't know whether Saki and Teru were related, especially since Nishida immediately sees through it.

3)It's nice to see Nishida consider the possible ethical implications of this as a journalist, but her comments suggest she's only scratched the surface. I hope we get to see more about this fairly soon.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You missed the most important thing, Ultraxion. The fact that BuCap are on a first-name basis, definitely confirming they're a canon couple.

As to your point 2, doesn't Saki ask the other team members to keep the fact that her and Teru are related quiet, way back when she first tells them?

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Wowow the "subtext" is strong with this one. The BuCap first name basis bit, plus the only frame where Mihoko closed her blue eye was when she wasn't addressing Hisa, all awesome. I know everyone (including myself) loved this page http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch123#13, but I actually think it's Yumi calling her name, not Mihoko. Saki x Nodoka and the beginnings of the dig into the Miyanaga sisters' past are all great, too. Love what this chapter is suggesting for the future. Now if only I didn't have to wait 2 years for it to unfold.

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 10:04PM

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

This manga gets dumber and dumber with each chapter.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This manga gets dumber and dumber with each chapter.

You do know the thing about Shizuno being the embodiment of the deep mountains has been canon for about three years now, right?

The rest is pretty normal setup for the finals and miscellaneous plot stuff.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Being the embodiment of the mountain includes going commando?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Being the embodiment of the mountain includes going commando?

Yes.

Yes it does.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Chapter 155 has been translated.

1)The information seems to suggest that the Miyanaga family broke apart when Teru was in 5th grade, which is a bit longer ago than I thought (although I'd heard that the Drama CD scene with Saki and Teru, which includes Saki's fond memory of Teru when they were young, was not long before Teru and her mother left home). Perhaps it also means that it'll be that much harder for Saki to reconcile with Teru, let alone get her parents to reconcile with each other.

2)I wonder why Nodoka said she didn't know whether Saki and Teru were related, especially since Nishida immediately sees through it.

3)It's nice to see Nishida consider the possible ethical implications of this as a journalist, but her comments suggest she's only scratched the surface. I hope we get to see more about this fairly soon.

Nodka knows that Saki doesn't like the press. If they found they were sister they would be following her around all of the time. In Saki's mind if it comes out so be it but they aren't going to announce it to the world either

To reply you must either login or sign up.