Forum › Saki discussion

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Well, Saki in general has very little fanfiction online.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Side A is probably just less popular. I think it was a great, but in general the main story characters are more likable irrespective of their teams and/or pairings. The specialties of the players seem more obscure in Side A. Shizuno's deep mountain stuff is obviously set up to completely screw over Saki, but as a standalone talent, it's not nearly as compelling as any of Kiyosumi. Same for pretty much all of the all the other Achiga players. I actually like Yuu's mahjong the most, even if it's definitely being setup as some ridiculous Red vs. Green showdown with Mako.

I went a bit off tangent. Probably the biggest thing getting in the way of non-BuCap fanfiction is all the BuCap fanfiction. Probably more popular than all the other pairings put together... I can't help but love them, too...

Well, Saki in general has very little fanfiction online.

That's another good point. Hard to draw mahjong show fanfiction, honestly. Most authors will have to skip over anything actually mahjong related due to a lack of familiarity with the game.

last edited at Apr 17, 2016 12:57PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I like BuCap and all the good Saki fanfiction I remember reading is BuCap, but I'd really love more SakiNodo stuff. :(

I would like some Satomi x Kaori too.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

I was also kind of surprised to find Nodoka's interest in IPS cells is actually canon. What a gift to yuri fans that is.

so that's why this meme exist: https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-0/cp0/e15/q65/s480x480/12993611_881392808653287_7433181855350023206_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=d22ecc77689e6f77abbb47b0641b8d65&oe=57727CA7
(uhhh sorry if there's something amiss with this post. im still new at this forum thingy)

last edited at Apr 17, 2016 8:07PM

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

ooh! the wahaha x beginner's luck?

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

Shizuno's deep mountain stuff is obviously set up to completely screw over Saki, but as a standalone talent, it's not nearly as compelling as any of Kiyosumi.

people keeps saying that shizu's power nullify powers. But dude! she's not! i bet if she's playing with momo she wont be able to beat momo. i mean, her skill in mahjong isn't THAT awesome compared to yumi tbh. i also think her powers wont do any good against teru, sumire, mihoko and other super players that doesn't require a deep tile drawing.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Shizuno's deep mountain stuff is obviously set up to completely screw over Saki, but as a standalone talent, it's not nearly as compelling as any of Kiyosumi.

people keeps saying that shizu's power nullify powers. But dude! she's not! i bet if she's playing with momo she wont be able to beat momo. i mean, her skill in mahjong isn't THAT awesome compared to yumi tbh. i also think her powers wont do any good against teru, sumire, mihoko and other super players that doesn't require a deep tile drawing.

It's definitely not nullifying just anything. That's why I said it's to screw over Saki in particular. To give the protagonist and namesake an extra big hurdle to overcome. Momo for sure would give her issues, same with Kana and Mihoko. Though I guess you could say she could be bad news for Hisa, whose big thing is bad waits.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Shizu's big weakness is that she hasn't got the foundation in non-superpowered mahjongg that the others, especially Kuro and Ako, have. She's the weakest on the team playing conventionally, so if you can knock her out early before her ability kicks in, she's not as tough.

Although that would put Teru at a disadvantage if the two of them played each other, since her ability wouldn't manifest by the time Teru's does so she'd be blindsided.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

ooh! the wahaha x beginner's luck?

Indeed. Since they are the childhood friends, it was an easy pairing to find.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

:') i tried playing Saki(the app from google play) against kaori and damn, her luck IS HUGE. she keeps getting good hands and i use saki most of the time but damn, her hands come together faster than saki getting a rinshan kaiho

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

Although that would put Teru at a disadvantage if the two of them played each other, since her ability wouldn't manifest by the time Teru's does so she'd be blindsided.

when teru does the mirror thingy, i think she could easily spot what shizu could do because teru use the first hand for using her mirror ability. so there's a possibility she could still avoid it but it'll be toughtough for teru to do her winning strike- wait. its not like they're gonna battle each other in the finals. teru is a vanguard. facepalm*facepalm*
but its pretty obvious that the...final battle is between shizu and saki because someone (i forgot who) said something like, "will the flowers bloom at the deepest part of the mountain?" something like that. i think.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

:') i tried playing Saki(the app from google play) against kaori and damn, her luck IS HUGE. she keeps getting good hands and i use saki most of the time but damn, her hands come together faster than saki getting a rinshan kaiho

Lol beginner's luck is more OP than anything else? Funny :)

It isn't clear how much Teru's mirror can see. In order to overcome it you have to experience self growth or improvement, which is a very tall order. Just because the first hand isn't deep in the mountain doesn't mean that Shizu's power isn't visible to her.

last edited at Apr 18, 2016 12:28AM

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

It isn't clear how much Teru's mirror can see. In order to overcome it you have to experience self growth or improvement, which is a very tall order. Just because the first hand isn't deep in the mountain doesn't mean that Shizu's power isn't visible to her.

i agree

its scary. one time i played as her and always at the start she's two or three tiles away from tenpai. its scary. im serious

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

its scary. one time i played as her and always at the start she's two or three tiles away from tenpai. its scary. im serious

Haha well that's definitely scary. I haven't played that app but maybe I will just for a chuckle. I don't play online mahjong much anymore, and that's the only time I play the Japanese way. Nowadays I only play Chinese styles over the holidays with my family. I think I would screw something up at a live riichi mahjong table; just looking at them all objectively, it really is the most complicated of the bunch, despite having fewer ways to get points.

last edited at Apr 18, 2016 2:44AM

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

Nowadays I only play Chinese styles over the holidays with my family. I think I would screw something up at a live riichi mahjong table; just looking at them all objectively, it really is the most complicated of the bunch, despite having fewer ways to get points.

yep, japanese version are the hardest. if chinese version is easier, I'll probably will get roasted either way when i play. :'/ i cant even count the score of my hands.... just keep using saki and keep going for pons and kans x'D. i wish they update the app. it'll be great if the characters from zenkoku hen and achiga hen were included.

last edited at Apr 18, 2016 5:07AM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

If you have a Vita (or PS TV), then I recommend picking up the Saki Zenkoku-hen game. It's pretty easy to figure out the menus and controls, even if you cannot read Japanese. There are translations online to help, too.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

If you have a Vita (or PS TV), then I recommend picking up the Saki Zenkoku-hen game. It's pretty easy to figure out the menus and controls, even if you cannot read Japanese. There are translations online to help, too.

:'| i dont have a vita, unfortunately. i dont mind playing the PSP saki game. it'll probably wont be much compared to zenkoku hen but im considering about it. just wish someone could english patch it. really wanna play that game. i wonder if the game have choice making.

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

Does anybody know of a English riichi mahjong app that's in English and is fair? (No Saki-inspired biases)

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

:'| i dont have a vita, unfortunately. i dont mind playing the PSP saki game. it'll probably wont be much compared to zenkoku hen but im considering about it. just wish someone could english patch it. really wanna play that game. i wonder if the game have choice making.

If it is anything like Zenkoku, then you probably don't have to worry about having no patch. The most confusing screen is probably the rules screen. So if you want to turn off red doras, you might have a little trouble, but I've seen a video that has all the important bits of Zenkoku-hen translated.

I myself used the Google Translate app and took pics of my Vita screen to find out options. It took a bit at first, but once you get ingame, it is no problem if you know Saki's style of riichi mahjong. I would assume the PSP versions are similar.

Zenkoku-hen's biggest change is that the team play mode lets you set up custom teams instead of just schools, so having Saki and Teru on the same team is something you can do.

Kaga Create shutdown so I am not sure if they stopped printing the game or not. Last time I checked on PSN JPN, all the Saki games were missing (2 PSP and Zenkoku-hen), so buying digitally on PSN no longer seems like an option.

Does anybody know of a English riichi mahjong app that's in English and is fair? (No Saki-inspired biases)

This was the first one I played: https://www.4windsmj.com

However, it is a Windows desktop application.

last edited at Apr 18, 2016 4:29PM

Tofu
joined Feb 8, 2016

This was the first one I played: https://www.4windsmj.com

However, it is a Windows desktop application.

Awesome, thanks! That actually is probably better. I play most mobile games through Blue Stack anyway.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I forgot to mention, it costs like €30. It lets you play all sorts of different rules outta the box and you can customize it nicely as well.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

anyway guys.... Panties doesnt exist in saki universe, and i have a proof.
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t34.0-12/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13000066_1094351057294218_4752563503717533465_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=f2afa240c4cc170f3f27622422494d6b&oe=57187FEF

this scene is from saki zenkoku hen ep 1. this is where saki unintentionally wore buchous's skirt instead bcoz she was in a rush. at the end when she finally noticed, she quickly apologized to buchou and start to unzip the skirt, untill her fellow teammates says that she looks good with longer skirt(I TOTALLY AGREE BECAUSE IT GAVE OFF INTIMIDATING AURA, probz why the achigas were pretty scared when they walk past each other) and nodoka says that she agrees and saki scratch the back of her head bashfully and then...when her skirt lowered....I FREAKIN DIDNT SEE ANY PANTSU. WHAT DOES SHE WEAR THAT THE BAND OF THE PANTSU IS UNDER HER CROTCH?! thats like, impossibru?! i thought u guys were just joking about the no pantsu thing in sakiverse but it was actually real 0_0)

joined Jan 8, 2016

You think this is a motherfucking joke?

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

It's a conspiracy... he just created this manga to indoctrinate us to not wear underwear.

Img_20160415_204841
joined Aug 24, 2015

You think this is a motherfucking joke?

im a skeptical person.

To reply you must either login or sign up.