Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V3

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Allows comments to each chapter rather than the manga as a whole or at least a way to tag what chapter the comments are from.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Remind me: Is Ongoing meant just for series that are still ongoing in their country of origin, or does it also include series that are finished in their country of origin but are still being scanlated?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Remind me: Is Ongoing meant just for series that are still ongoing in their country of origin, or does it also include series that are finished in their country of origin but are still being scanlated?

The latter. And the former too of course.

last edited at Feb 19, 2016 11:12PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

The latter. And the former too of course.

Thanks~

joined Jan 8, 2014

Would it be possible to have the super hd quality doujins/manga also be made available in "smaller data" sizes? Or is that entirely up to uploaders?
Im only asking cause I mostly read through my phones browser and sometimes it takes forever for just one page to load

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Would it be possible to have a nice little checkbox on the Suggestions Status page to toggle showing only Pending? It also might be nice to be able to sort them by work as well too.

Zopfli_profile
joined Feb 29, 2016

Currently, atom feeds are incomplete - they're capped off at a fixed maximum number of items, which means programmatically getting all items of a series involves using HTML and parsing the DOM, which is prone to breakage, harder and slower.

If you could make the atom feeds either return all items, or give us a <link rel="next"> with a query parameter for more items if there are more, or, even better, provide an actual JSON REST API, then that would be nice.

EDIT: A further suggestion would be to handle If-Modified-Since headers on series pages and feeds, so if a series page has no updates we save bandwidth and the client saves time parsing. Especially for atom feeds (and the global RSS feed), this would probably help a lot.

And as an additional small request, using Let's Encrypt to get HTTPS on Dynasty-Scans would be nice too, considering there are session cookies. Furthermore, some people may browse the site at school or work and may be under scrutiny of deep-packet inspection, which is a bit problematic when browsing things tagged "Lots of sex". See also Mozilla's guide to server-side TLS configuration with a nice settings generator and recommendations.

last edited at Feb 29, 2016 12:11PM

joined Feb 3, 2016

Probably already mentioned, but a way to know when any last forum you posted in gets updated.

joined Mar 11, 2016

Probably already mentioned, but a way to know when any last forum you posted in gets updated.

Similar to this. It would be nice if we would get notified (with the notification msg /linking/containing link/ to that page/post) when someone quote us. That would be really helpful and appreciated. ^^

last edited at Mar 15, 2016 10:35AM

joined Mar 13, 2016

Similar to this. It would be nice if we would get notified (with the notification msg /linking/containing link/ to that page/post) when someone quote us. That would be really helpful and appreciated. ^^

A simple option to subscribe to threads you may find interesting or have posted in
Or just an easier way to find your own posts instead of going to the forum and searching for a thread you have posted in before and clicking the number of posts.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

koyuki posted:

going to the forum and searching for a thread you have posted in before and clicking the number of posts.

You can always bookmark that link or if you use my userscript it includes the ability to set your user id which adds a link to the script's menu to access your post history.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Oh that creepy stalker spam (heh, that was a fast deletion) reminds me - does the site have a "report post" feature? Don't see it on mobile...

last edited at Mar 24, 2016 1:23PM

joined Aug 16, 2015

This is all getting ridiculous. Can't admins/staff/mods do something about this guy?
Isn't it possible to ban his IP or something like that? If not, isn't there a way to reduce the number of accounts a person can make on a single computer?
Because as much as I respect people who give their opinion to others - as true as those might or might not be - I think there are better ways to do so than by straight up insulting others who disagree with them and spamming all over the place...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Labhubhul posted:

This is all getting ridiculous. Can't admins/staff/mods do something about this guy?
Isn't it possible to ban his IP or something like that? If not, isn't there a way to reduce the number of accounts a person can make on a single computer?
Because as much as I respect people who give their opinion to others - as true as those might or might not be - I think there are better ways to do so than by straight up insulting others who disagree with them and spamming all over the place...

Keeping someone banned is a ton more complicated than simply banning an ip address or something. Ip addresses can change or the person can use a proxy. In addition to that even email isn't reliable because someone can easily register a new email address for the express purpose of making a new account here.

joined Aug 16, 2015

Keeping someone banned is a ton more complicated than simply banning an ip address or something. Ip addresses can change or the person can use a proxy. In addition to that even email isn't reliable because someone can easily register a new email address for the express purpose of making a new account here.

Yeah, I thought so... I think registering an account should at least be made a bit harder than simply putting a random username, email and password (and answering a question) if there isn't any other better alternative.
I'm sorry if I keep recommending things that are actually a pain in the ass to apply, by the way. I don't know much about website management.

last edited at Mar 24, 2016 2:22PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Labhubhul posted:

Yeah, I thought so... I think registering an account should at least be made a bit harder than simply putting a random username, email and password (and answering a question) if there isn't any other better alternative.
I'm sorry if I keep recommending things that are actually a pain in the ass to apply, by the way. I don't know much about website management.

You can only really make registering an account more difficult for spambots than for people who keep registering accounts. Any step that would make it more difficult for the alt would also make it more difficult for any legitimate users which would do more harm than good. The best way to deal with someone like that is just to have active and vigilant mods to take care of them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You can only really make registering an account more difficult for spambots than for people who keep registering accounts. Any step that would make it more difficult for the alt would also make it more difficult for any legitimate users which would do more harm than good. The best way to deal with someone like that is just to have active and vigilant mods to take care of them.

Well cripes, where are you gonna find one of those?

We're doomed, I tells ya!

joined Aug 16, 2015

Welp, I guess that's it, then. Thanks for enlightening me, Alice.
Also, I hope you were able to get some sleep in the past few days, Nezchan.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, I hope you were able to get some sleep in the past few days, Nezchan.

Sleep? Sleep is for wimps!!

Happy, well-rested wimps, but WIMPS!!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Labhubhul posted:

Don't mention it.

Nezchan posted:

Sleep? Sleep is for wimps!!

Happy, well-rested wimps, but WIMPS!!

Completely agreed. Though sleeping is always pleasant. Better than being awake generally.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That is the first time he is so persistent though. Usually he gave up after 1 day. Only realistic option is for first post on new account needing to be accepted by mod. This way it is easy to see if someone is posting to troll or is a normal person. And if they try to troll after, you can just deleted their account and every new account will be with same restriction so they can't just spam and if their first post will be troll post, you can easily tell and just not accept them. Right now he feels as if he is accomplishing something by sole fact he is able to post stuff and someone might see it. If he couldn't even post 1 post, it would discourage him much faster. I suggested this before, but as I said, it usually took him few hours of bans to learn that he is not doing anything productive.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

That is the first time he is so persistent though. Usually he gave up after 1 day. Only realistic option is for first post on new account needing to be accepted by mod. This way it is easy to see if someone is posting to troll or is a normal person. And if they try to troll after, you can just deleted their account and every new account will be with same restriction so they can't just spam and if their first post will be troll post, you can easily tell and just not accept them. Right now he feels as if he is accomplishing something by sole fact he is able to post stuff and someone might see it. If he couldn't even post 1 post, it would discourage him much faster. I suggested this before, but as I said, it usually took him few hours of bans to learn that he is not doing anything productive.

There's still easy ways around that though. And seeing as this guy is pathetically persistent I doubt that'd stop him so it'd really just serve to inconvenience new users and waste moderator time.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Is there a way to whitelist multiple tags with an "OR" operator? Like, I wanna whitelist Yuri, Yuri crush, and subtext, but have the site display stories with any (not necessarily all) of those tags. Is that possible? I only see a way to show stories that have every whitelisted tag, not just one of the whitelisted tags.

EDIT: This goes for searching as well.

last edited at Mar 25, 2016 11:25PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Is there a way to whitelist multiple tags with an "OR" operator? Like, I wanna whitelist Yuri, Yuri crush, and subtext, but have the site display stories with any (not necessarily all) of those tags. Is that possible? I only see a way to show stories that have every whitelisted tag, not just one of the whitelisted tags.

EDIT: This goes for searching as well.

DeMorgan's Laws would imply that this could be implemented (granted, inefficiently) by checking against the opposite of each of these terms. If a result doesn't blacklist all of these tags at once then it necessarily much whitelist at least one of these and oh god I'm using formal logic to help people find yuri manga the 4chan is coming from inside the house

To reply you must either login or sign up.