Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nezchan posted:

Windows 7 was pretty much the best version they did. The prospect of having no choice but to move on to Windows 10 was what finally made the decision for me to move on to Ubuntu instead. And other than a few games (still waiting on Undertale, but there's a chance at Stardew Valley), it's been a pretty good experience.

If you're not worried about security updates you could just update to the final update before the upgrade stuff and then disable Windows update. And I prefer Mint over Ubuntu personally, feels a lot better to me. I still don't intend to switch over from Windows though because the only decent alternative to Photoshop is Gimp and that's just an unusable mess.

Also Stardew Valley is great, you're missing out if you can't play it. I don't play much games anymore but I've sunk a good 30 hours into it rather than working on typesetting since it released. Even for games I enjoy I rarely start them up a second time.

Yes, I am missing out, thanks for confirming that. There is hope, though. If it depends on Windows sales then it's pretty much a shoo-in, since SV is a hot property right now.

Still, it's not like there's a shortage of good stuff to play under Linux, what with almost 2,000 compatible games on Steam, and more on places like GOG. And from what I hear, replacing OpenGL with the Vulkan should make cross-platform stuff a LOT easier.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Yes, I am missing out, thanks for confirming that. There is hope, though. If it depends on Windows sales then it's pretty much a shoo-in, since SV is a hot property right now.

Still, it's not like there's a shortage of good stuff to play under Linux, what with almost 2,000 compatible games on Steam, and more on places like GOG. And from what I hear, replacing OpenGL with the Vulkan should make cross-platform stuff a LOT easier.

Oh yeah, if that's all it's depending on I really don't think you've got anything to worry about. Just might takes some time while ConcernedApe is still releasing important fixes for the game. Only real complaint I have with the game is that movement speed is absurdly slow. Though that's very easily fixable with mods. And the modding scene is already quite active.

And I don't know a whole lot about Vulkan but that's what I've heard too. It's apparently a bit more difficult to get setup than OpenGL but once you get it setup it's easier to use and is easier to get working on multiple platforms.

Also according to this (this is the Steam version's info page, first one is Gog) page it looks like the game should work pretty well with Wine if you set that up. Might consider giving that a try if you don't feel like waiting.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eh, Wine is a pain. It works okay, but it can be a pain in the ass. Although I did play the entirety of Skyrim through it so these things are possible. I've pretty much gone the "No Tux, no bux" route these days, reserving Wine for stuff that'll definitely not get ported, like the older Avernum games or Legend of Grimrock 2.

There's a lot of pretty high profile games getting ported lately though. Alien Isolation, Civ V and BE, Rocket League is due in Q2, Company of Heroes, and so forth. Adding Vulkan into the mix will change a lot, given that some devs are saying it's on equal footing with DirectX 12. If that holds true, you'll be seeing even more games on the platform.

Given that games are one of the primary things that hole people back from switching (that and fear of command line, which really isn't that big a deal these days), I think it'll trigger a shift over the next decade or so.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It occurs to me that this is off-topic as hell, so I started a new thread. You can reply over there.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

It occurs to me that this is off-topic as hell, so I started a new thread. You can reply over there.

Haha, that's probably a good idea. We've even gotten way off-topic from the already off-topic discussion that was going on.

Femshep%20x%20liara%20avatar
joined Dec 8, 2013

Hey Alice, I've been using your Thingifier for a month or so, and I've been dealing with this weird bug where the sidebar UI auto-expands (fully! showing the magnifier settings as well) briefly on each new page and then disappears. Only sometimes the magnifier settings persist, even though the main sidebar is collapsed. I have to hit cancel to remove it. This happens every 5-10 page loads.

This might not be specific enough, and I don't know if you can reproduce the behavior, as I don't seem to do anything specific for it to happen. I've cleared stored data, and disabled all other extensions except for tampermonkey, and I'm using the latest version of Chrome

last edited at Apr 14, 2016 7:35AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

neversung posted:

Hey Alice, I've been using your Thingifier for a month or so, and I've been dealing with this weird bug where the sidebar UI auto-expands (fully! showing the magnifier settings as well) briefly on each new page and then disappears. Only sometimes the magnifier settings persist, even though the main sidebar is collapsed. I have to hit cancel to remove it. This happens every 5-10 page loads.

This might not be specific enough, and I don't know if you can reproduce the behavior, as I don't seem to do anything specific for it to happen. I've cleared stored data, and disabled all other extensions except for tampermonkey, and I'm using the latest version of Chrome

I'm a bit busy so it'll be awhile before I can get to having a look at it but I'll add it to my to-do list. The menu briefly expanding on page load is normal due to how I'm handling things but the magnifier settings definitely should not be staying open like that.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

I had omnscient0 add in a nice code hook and implemented a new tweak feature that works on the Suggestions Status page. If you enable it, it only shows Pending requests, but not Accepted or Rejected ones.

Modified Userscript

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

I had omnscient0 add in a nice code hook and implemented a new tweak feature that works on the Suggestions Status page. If you enable it, it only shows Pending requests, but not Accepted or Rejected ones.

Modified Userscript

When I get back to working on this script (it'll be awhile, I don't have an eta on that right now) I'll implement your changes as well, if you don't mind, in order to keep things more consistent. That way we don't have people running numerous different versions of the script.

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

Modified Userscript

When I get back to working on this script (it'll be awhile, I don't have an eta on that right now) I'll implement your changes as well, if you don't mind, in order to keep things more consistent. That way we don't have people running numerous different versions of the script.

I don't mind at all. It's nice to keep some developments centralized.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

Any chance I can get you to send me just the changes you made to the script so I don't have to go comparing your version with my version line by line? I don't have an eta because I'm making a fairly large overhaul of the script (should make it easier to navigate the code and add things in the future though) and doing so at a fairly slow pace but it'd be good if I could get a copy of your code so I can put it in my notes so I don't have to go searching for it later.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

So for the people who use the magnifier in my script I have a question. For the new version of the script I'm working on I'd like to improve the magnifier some. Would you find something like it already has better or would you find something more like this better? (Right click and drag to pan the view and use the mousewheel to control zoom.)

It wouldn't be exactly like that example since that's a fairly old proof of concept I was testing for something else but it'd be something fairly similar. I'd at least add some controls to the page to reset the zoom and pan as well as adding buttons for zoom in/out as well as activating the magnifier for people who don't have scroll wheels since that was a complaint I'd had for binding the original magnifier to middle click.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I know it is late as hell, but I just wanted to say I didn't ignore it, just I actually never use magnifier so I can't really give a opinion ^ ^"

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

I know it is late as hell, but I just wanted to say I didn't ignore it, just I actually never use magnifier so I can't really give a opinion ^ ^"

Since nobody else had an opinion either I think I'll just go with the option I suggested when I get back to things. (I haven't worked on it since around the time I made that post, lol. Coding when it's this hot and my allergies are acting up this badly is a terrible idea if I want to avoid tons of bugs and bad coding.)

It'll be a bit of a pain to setup but once it's setup there are fewer places issues should crop up compared to the current method. Plus this method would allow the user to easily change zoom levels according to what works best for a given page. The only issue that comes to mind that I'd need to figure out a fix for is one the current one already has where it sporadically doesn't use the image on the page despite the script's code clearly loading it into the variable the magnifier uses. (Though who knows, maybe coding that bit from scratch like I intend to do for this new version of the magnifier may end up fixing that issue too.)

E: Wow, that post was almost two months ago? I thought it'd only been like a month, lol.

last edited at Jul 31, 2016 12:27AM

joined Jul 22, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

gwennie-chan posted:

Any chance I can get you to send me just the changes you made to the script so I don't have to go comparing your version with my version line by line? I don't have an eta because I'm making a fairly large overhaul of the script (should make it easier to navigate the code and add things in the future though) and doing so at a fairly slow pace but it'd be good if I could get a copy of your code so I can put it in my notes so I don't have to go searching for it later.

These are the sections I added for pending tags only

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

gwennie-chan posted:

These are the sections I added for pending tags only

Thanks. I'll add that to my notes so I can get it implemented when I get back to working on the script.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Hey Alice, not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I installed Tampermonkey and your script last night and I can't seem to get it working. I'm running chrome on Windows 10 and when I click on the Tampermonkey "badge" it shows that the Dynasty Thingifier is on, and there's a red 1 that hovers over it while I'm on Dynasty, but I don't see any menu to the left and I can't seem to access any of the features. I've never really used userscripts before, so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing, or some particular reason it's not showing up, but the script seems really useful/cool, so any help I could get with troubleshooting would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Are you sure there's not something in your TamperMonkey settings or another addon on Chrome that might be blocking it? I just opened up Chrome and it worked fine for me. I'm also on windows 10 and Chrome's version 54.0.2840.99 m.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Hmm... Not that I'm aware of. I went through my settings and tried whitelisting dynasty-scans.com/* but it didn't seem to make a difference. I also tried enabling native script import, but didn't give it a browser profile path, but if I understand what it is, I shouldn't need to do a native import right? I tried disabling all of my extensions and running it, but it still didn't come up. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script, and I've tried clearing my cache and cookies and restarting the browser...

Well, I didn't mean to bother you, so if nothing stands out to you don't worry about it too hard. I was mostly just wondering if I was missing something stupidly obvious, or if there was an easy way to troubleshoot it. Thanks for your help so far. I'll probably keep tampering with it for the next few days and see if I can't get something to work.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TheLostLight posted:

Hmm... Not that I'm aware of. I went through my settings and tried whitelisting dynasty-scans.com/* but it didn't seem to make a difference. I also tried enabling native script import, but didn't give it a browser profile path, but if I understand what it is, I shouldn't need to do a native import right? I tried disabling all of my extensions and running it, but it still didn't come up. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the script, and I've tried clearing my cache and cookies and restarting the browser...

Well, I didn't mean to bother you, so if nothing stands out to you don't worry about it too hard. I was mostly just wondering if I was missing something stupidly obvious, or if there was an easy way to troubleshoot it. Thanks for your help so far. I'll probably keep tampering with it for the next few days and see if I can't get something to work.

Shouldn't need to do a native import or anything. On my installation of Chrome I've got TamperMonkey set to its default settings and I installed the script from the link in the OP. If it still doesn't work after all that I'm honestly not certain what the issue is. Best I could really suggest is waiting on the next version (which should be a huge improvement in general) if you can't get it to cooperate but I've been procrastinating on that really badly for the last several months so that's probably not happening before the end of the year at the earliest.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TheLostLight posted:

I may have inadvertently figured out something about this. I was randomly having a look at the code for quick quoting and fixed the issue it has where you can't quick quote multiple times without reloading the page. When I went to try the script in Chrome before uploading the update I found the script to be completely broken. This also happened when I reverted back to the old version as well.

If you go into TamperMonkey's dashboard then click Dynasty Thingifier's name in the list you'll get into its code itself. You'll need to click the tab up at the top that's labelled "settings" after doing this. Under that tab you'll find a section like this:

If you tick the same settings I have ticked here then the script should start working again. Though I haven't thoroughly tested it for issues.

I'll look into whether or not there's any way to not require users to mess with the script settings like this at some point in the future or a way to avoid this issue altogether when I get around to coding the new version but for the time being it's necessary for anyone on Chrome it seems.

joined Feb 21, 2017

Any chance you could add a change color option to this? Having a dark theme for dynasty would be nice. It would reduce screen glare making it easier on people's eyes.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gearz posted:

Any chance you could add a change color option to this? Having a dark theme for dynasty would be nice. It would reduce screen glare making it easier on people's eyes.

It's something I can consider but it'd be a fair amount of work. Unfortunately adding a dark theme actually means adding an entire extra stylesheet to the script so it'd be fairly low priority.

joined Feb 21, 2017

It's something I can consider but it'd be a fair amount of work. Unfortunately adding a dark theme actually means adding an entire extra stylesheet to the script so it'd be fairly low priority.

Is it really that much work? I am by no means at all a programmer or skilled at this subject.

I made this in a few minutes of messing around with inspect element in the browser.

Problem being, I don't know how to commit this into a Stylish profile so it doesn't go away when I refresh the page.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gearz posted:

Is it really that much work? I am by no means at all a programmer or skilled at this subject.

Problem being, I don't know how to commit this into a Stylish profile so it doesn't go away when I refresh the page.

It's probably more work than you're thinking. When you edit something in the inspect element tool it's not always perfectly analogous to an actual stylesheet. I've run into issues irritatingly often when writing Stylish scripts for myself where adding a rule in the inspect element tool works but adding it the same way into a Stylish script doesn't. This is most notably true for anything that uses inline styling because that overrules any CSS rules.

If you want to give writing a Stylish script a try yourself though you just have to click this in the Stylish menu:

From there you'd just need to add the specific rules and elements you want, typically with "!important" at the end to override most (but for some reason not all in my experience) non-inline styling.

To reply you must either login or sign up.