Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alice Cheshire posted:

I actually think I'll fix this issue anyways. I had a sudden realization this morning that the way I'm currently handling things is overcomplicated. I shouldn't need to use variables at all and the simpler method will fix this issue as well.

Got around to implementing this fix. Turned out to actually be even simpler to implement than I was thinking. And from my testing it does fix the issue that Thiaguinho-sama mentioned.

I also updated the clear data button's function though this won't really be noticeable on the user's end. Just means I don't need to manually handle every single variable the script uses when you're trying to clear the data.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hello,

I was curious about how some people were linking to post and was directed to this thread. I recently realized I could right-click on the date-timestamp link to the right of the poster's username.

I've never installed this script. Is this new...or is this a new forum feature or something? If so, thank you. If not...well, it's still cool and a really nice feature to have finally noticed. ha-ha

joined Jan 31, 2015

It's a newly implemented feature from a request from a while back:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/152052

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

anonymous posted:

It's a newly implemented feature from a request from a while back:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/152052

They might have been directed here since the forums having timestamp links is actually a lot more recent than my userscript having them. (Which actually they don't now since it's redundant to have them in my script if the site has them now.) But yeah, otherwise anonymous is right. It's a fairly recently introduced feature on the forums themselves.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Alice Cheshire posted:

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Just tried and it looks like everything is working properly, opening multiple links with last post won't work only if you open links non-stop or various links really fast, then some will just load the last page instead, but I doubt anyone will do that so I don't think we can really call it a problem.

Do you mean opening the same link repeatedly? If so that's not really unexpected since the variable that gets set when you click the link gets checked on page load then if it's set it retrieves the last post on the page and takes you there then unsets the variable. If you're opening the same link repeatedly most of the copies are going to end up trying to set the variable when it's already set but then checking for it after the first instance has unset it.

Yeah it is what I meant, didn't notice that problem when I open different links, or I'm just not fast enough to open various different links to see if that happens with them, anyway, I didn't have time to try the new update, but as soon as I can I try and tell if it have any problem.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

All good. Thank you for the replies!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Just released another smallish update. It makes the following changes:

• Automated the way the clear data function works to make it easier for me to add new stuff to the script
  • Fixed magnifier affecting page size even when the magnifier was closed so you don't get this odd occurrence where moving your mouse after closing the magnifier acts like the magnifier is still there
  • Made the last post link work better for slow internet connections/when the server is slow by forcing it to wait until the page is fully loaded before taking you to the last post

The bookmarked threads update is going to get put off for awhile while I'm helping out with Comprehensive Tovarisch so I can focus my efforts more on that. For the time being updates will be mostly just minor updates such as these last few.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Is this script not available anymore? I can't access using the link in the first post.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ieeheh posted:

Is this script not available anymore? I can't access using the link in the first post.

You need to have account to access the link. If that doesn't solve the issue then I have no idea.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Ah I had to change my settings to "Allow Adult Content" to access the script lol

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

It's very neat. Thank you Alice Cheshire

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ieeheh posted:

Ah I had to change my settings to "Allow Adult Content" to access the script lol

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll try to make that more clear in the op. It has to be tagged that way to be allowed on GreasyFork for whatever idiotic reason. I really don't get it since it's not like the script is the site itself and anyone looking for a script on the site is likely to know what kind of contents a site has beforehand anyways.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

ieeheh posted:

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll try to make that more clear in the op. It has to be tagged that way to be allowed on GreasyFork for whatever idiotic reason. I really don't get it since it's not like the script is the site itself and anyone looking for a script on the site is likely to know what kind of contents a site has beforehand anyways.

Yeah thank you. I just didn't read it through.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Since past few days Thingifier started to lag and crash regularly.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

That's strange, I'm not having any issues with it at all. You might try reinstalling the script. If that doesn't work could you open the console (ctrl+shift+k on Firefox and ctrl+shift+j on Chrome) and let me know if it shows anything there? Chrome seems to have more issues with the script than Firefox does so the recent update to Chrome may have broken something.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Did you happen to figure this out?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nevri posted:

Did you happen to figure this out?

Sorry after my laptop had random blue screen error around week ago it keeps on lagging ultra hard like first 15 minutes after turning it on. I couldn't find the reason, but it showed me few times that some plug in wasn't working properly and was slowing down everything, but I couldn't check what it was. But last time it happened I could confirm that indeed Thingifier crashed because it become disabled after i turned off the plug in. I turned it off after to see if it helps, but there is no much difference. I thought posting it without fully confirming it was ok since it definitely seemed like a port of problem, but now I'm not sure. It could easily just be a side effect of something not working properly on my laptop and crashing of Thingifier could be cased by it, not Thingifier itself.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Sorry after my laptop had random blue screen error around week ago it keeps on lagging ultra hard like first 15 minutes after turning it on. I couldn't find the reason, but it showed me few times that some plug in wasn't working properly and was slowing down everything, but I couldn't check what it was. But last time it happened I could confirm that indeed Thingifier crashed because it become disabled after i turned off the plug in. I turned it off after to see if it helps, but there is no much difference. I thought posting it without fully confirming it was ok since it definitely seemed like a port of problem, but now I'm not sure. It could easily just be a side effect of something not working properly on my laptop and crashing of Thingifier could be cased by it, not Thingifier itself.

Alright, that definitely sounds like it's probably an issue with your OS rather than the script itself then. Hopefully you can get that sorted out fairly quickly. (Though it sounds like you might need to reinstall Windows which is always a pain in the ass.)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

(Though it sounds like you might need to reinstall Windows which is always a pain in the ass.)

Yea, that is main reason I'm reluctant to do it ;/

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Yea, that is main reason I'm reluctant to do it ;/

I know the feeling. I've been procrastinating on the same thing myself for months. I hate having to set aside the better part of a day just to reinstall Windows and get everything setup again.

I might have to give in and just get it done myself soon though. Firefox has been having issues for me which persisted even after a full reinstall of it and which don't seem to be issues with the browser itself either. I've been having sporadic issues with Windows since I first upgraded to Windows 10 anyways though so it was only a matter of time.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Alice Cheshire

I might have to give in and just get it done myself soon though. Firefox has been having issues for me which persisted even after a full reinstall of it and which don't seem to be issues with the browser itself either. I've been having sporadic issues with Windows since I first upgraded to Windows 10 anyways though so it was only a matter of time.

And that, my friend, is one of the reasons I'm still running Windows 7 despite the many popup windows telling me to upgrade to windows 10 for free.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

And that, my friend, is one of the reasons I'm still running Windows 7 despite the many popup windows telling me to upgrade to windows 10 for free.

Frankly Windows 10 is a pile of crap in my experience. This is already my second install of it as it is because the first one completely broke somehow. The only thing I'll actually miss about it is the start screen. That actually saw a decent amount of use unlike 7's start menu for me. Actually on second thought there's also the quick access deal in Windows exploder but that one is a completely moot point since Windows 7 doesn't have an arbitrary limit of like 10 pinned files/folders for any program pinned to your taskbar.

Past that literally nothing comes to mind. They replaced stuff like Windows image viewer with some shitty app that takes forever to start up and doesn't even have the same functions (thus finally forcing me to switch over to IrfanView) and calculator's replacement is literally the same thing but with a worse layout and worse startup times too. And that's not to touch on any of the stupid privacy settings which are spread out all over the place, like to reset themselves during updates, and in one case require you to change a setting on Microsoft's site rather than a setting in the operating system itself.

After having used it since release I really don't get all these people I see all over the place acting like it's the best thing ever. Only reason I've used it this long was simply due to laziness. (That ended up being a bit of a rant, lol.)

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire

Windows 7 here as well

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Windows 7 was pretty much the best version they did. The prospect of having no choice but to move on to Windows 10 was what finally made the decision for me to move on to Ubuntu instead. And other than a few games (still waiting on Undertale, but there's a chance at Stardew Valley), it's been a pretty good experience.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

Windows 7 was pretty much the best version they did. The prospect of having no choice but to move on to Windows 10 was what finally made the decision for me to move on to Ubuntu instead. And other than a few games (still waiting on Undertale, but there's a chance at Stardew Valley), it's been a pretty good experience.

If you're not worried about security updates you could just update to the final update before the upgrade stuff and then disable Windows update. And I prefer Mint over Ubuntu personally, feels a lot better to me. I still don't intend to switch over from Windows though because the only decent alternative to Photoshop is Gimp and that's just an unusable mess.

Also Stardew Valley is great, you're missing out if you can't play it. I don't play much games anymore but I've sunk a good 30 hours into it rather than working on typesetting since it released. Even for games I enjoy I rarely start them up a second time.

last edited at Mar 12, 2016 12:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.