Forum › Dynasty Reader Userscripts

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama

Sometimes I use Dynasty more on my phone so that's not really a problem for me, so don't worry about it, there's no hurry at all, and for the Last Post problem I don't think that will really be an issue, a thread rarely stay with exactly 25 posts in a page, from what I remember that's how much fits in one, so that should be a really rare ocurrence, so no hurry for that either.

Chrome is still one of the most popular web browsers so it is something I do want to look into and try to fix or work around. I just can't guarantee when or if I can fix the issue right now since it's a fairly odd one. It's the same issue Firefox users had a few updates ago but I fixed it for Firefox so I'm not sure why Chrome still has the same issue. Thankfully I at least have some ideas of where to start thanks to having to figure it out for Firefox.

And yeah, the last post deal isn't too big a problem, that's why I'm not prioritizing fixing it. It is something I'd like to fix eventually though just for the sake of the script having fewer issues and quirks people will inevitably have to deal with.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alrighty. I think I got this update out without issues. I buttoned up the magnifier customization menu, added a quick reply cancel button, changed the formatting of quote links to what was discussed on the previous page, and fixed a couple of settings bugs I noticed with the clear settings button where it actually didn't clear the magnifier's enabled status nor the font size set through the slider.

If everything is fine then the next major update I'll be working on is the bookmarked threads one but I'm not going to start on it for awhile because I have other stuff I need to get around to doing. I will be fixing any bugs that pop up in the mean time however.

last edited at Dec 13, 2015 4:50PM

Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Just tried it, Cancel Button worked but didn't make the Quick Quote work for me, not really an important issue since that happens only for me so don't worry, I would probably not use that much anyway so better leave to fix that after more important updates, I found only three problems in Magnifier:

• Valid Size Types is too long as a list so I can't see everything, maybe make it a square;

• If you have Magnifier customization menu open and close the script main menu then Magnifier customization menu stays open, but that makes the customisation menu go up in the screen making possible to read the rest of the Valid Size Types;

• Seens like Zoom Factor is not working, I tried to put in 100% to scale to the original size but it don't change, I tried others % but don't make any difference, maybe it's Chrome bitching again so if that's the case you can also leave this fix for later as I would not use this function much either.

I tried to change the zoom square/circle size and it seens all Valid Size Types are working so I think that's all problems left with Magnifier and the script.

Something that I thought only now, Last Post button is to take just to the last post in a thread or it's also to take to the first unread post? Because when a thread have unread posts Last Post button don't shows up, only after reading all new posts that you can see and use it again.

last edited at Dec 13, 2015 5:43PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Just tried it, Cancel Button worked but didn't make the Quick Quote work for me, not really an important issue since that happens only for me so don't worry, I would probably not use that much anyway so better leave to fix that after more important updates

What do you mean by that? I'm not noticing any issues with it myself so it may be another Chrome specific issue unfortunately. I do need more info so I know what exactly I'll need to add to my list fr Chrome specific fixes though.

I found only three problems in Magnifier:

• Valid Size Types is too long as a list so I can't see everything, maybe make it a square;

I should make it scale according to screen height but currently I just have a maximum height set for it. (And I have a really large monitor so I can easily see all of it.) I had started working on that a bit then got distracted by someone and moved on, lol. Whoops!

Also a note: If you blank out the size type field then double click it you should get a drop down list of all valid types.
This is something I'd like to change a bit in the future actually. I just need to look into how to do a proper drop-down box is all.

• If you have Magnifier customization menu open and close the script main menu then Magnifier customization menu stays open, but that makes the customisation menu go up in the screen making possible to read the rest of the Valid Size Types;

Ah, I know what the issue is here. It's an oversight on my part. I forgot to include a check for the magnifier menu when toggling the main menu.

• Seens like Zoom Factor is not working, I tried to put in 100% to scale to the original size but it don't change, I tried others % but don't make any difference, maybe it's Chrome bitching again so if that's the case you can also leave this fix for later as I would not use this function much either.

Just tested this and verified that it's actually not working. I'm probably failing to actually set the zoom factor variable somewhere along the lines even though I thought I was. I'll have a look at that.

I tried to change the zoom square/circle size and it seens all Valid Size Types are working so I think that's all problems left with Magnifier and the script.

Yeah, definitely something I missed on my end. I actually completely forgot to check that the zoom factor was working due to an issue with loading the correct values for the other bits distracting me from it.

Something that I thought only now, Last Post button is to take just to the last post in a thread or it's also to take to the first unread post? Because when a thread have unread posts Last Post button don't shows up, only after reading all new posts that you can see and use it again.

This is due to the way the last post button currently works. It uses the same link that would normally take you to the first unread post. When I fix the last post button in the future though I'll make it so it exists for threads with unread posts as well.

joined May 11, 2012

Alice Cheshire posted:

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Just tried it, Cancel Button worked but didn't make the Quick Quote work for me, not really an important issue since that happens only for me so don't worry, I would probably not use that much anyway so better leave to fix that after more important updates

What do you mean by that? I'm not noticing any issues with it myself so it may be another Chrome specific issue unfortunately. I do need more info so I know what exactly I'll need to add to my list fr Chrome specific fixes though.

If I try to Quick Reply/Quote someone else it don't quote that person, I thought that maybe if I cancelled it first it would quote the next person I tried Quick Quote but didn't make difference, Cancel Post works perfectly, it's the same issue I mentioned before about Chrome bitching with Quick Quote.

Also a note: If you blank out the size type field then double click it you should get a drop down list of all valid types.
This is something I'd like to change a bit in the future actually. I just need to look into how to do a proper drop-down box is all.

Yeah I noticed that, it's how I noticed my list of valid types was not showing everything, at first I actually didn't notice there was others size types since the only way to make the list appear is if you blank it first so I thought everything was okay, at first I thought the valid size list was just explaining what those things were and didn't pay much attention to it, only when I noticed zoom factor was not working and tried to make it work that I finally noticed I had more size types to try.

This is due to the way the last post button currently works. It uses the same link that would normally take you to the first unread post. When I fix the last post button in the future though I'll make it so it exists for threads with unread posts as well

So when you fix Last Post it'll also take you to the first unread post in a thread? Maybe make that the name change from Last Post to Unread Posts, First Unread Post or something like that? Of course it's obvious there's unread posts because the thread name is in bold but might be good to make it change Last Post name too.

last edited at Dec 13, 2015 6:39PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

If I try to Quick Reply/Quote someone else it don't quote that person, I thought that maybe if I cancelled it first it would quote the next person I tried Quick Quote but didn't make difference, Cancel Post works perfectly, it's the same issue I mentioned before about Chrome bitching with Quick Quote.

Ah, right. I still haven't looked into that one yet so it's unfortunately still going to be a problem for now. I have it on my to-do list for the script however.

Yeah I noticed that, it's how I noticed my list of valid types was not showing everything, at first I actually didn't notice there was others size types since the only way to make the list appear is if you blank it first so I thought everything was okay, at first I thought the valid size list was just explaining what those things were and didn't pay much attention to it, only when I noticed zoom factor was not working and tried to make it work that I finally noticed I had more size types to try.

Once I figure out how to deal with a proper dropdown this won't be an issue. I have however fixed the info pane's position for now for resolutions down to at least 768px high. (Though I just realized that in the process I've made it look weird on resolutions above ~1180px tall but you can still see it completely in all cases that I tested.)

So when you fix Last Post it'll also take you to the first unread post in a thread? Maybe make that the name change from Last Post to Unread Posts, First Unread Post or something like that? Of course it's obvious there's unread posts because the thread name is in bold but might be good to make it change Last Post name too.

Nah, the current way it works is that it uses the unread posts link but for threads you've completely read. It's basically a really easy way to get to the last page of a thread so that the last post link can actually take you to the last post in the thread. When I fix it up I'll be properly retrieving the last page of the thread instead of using that easier method which will allow the link to work for unread threads as well.

Also in addition to the info pane's location being fixed(ish, lol) like I mentioned above the magnifier menu will now actually close if you close the main menu. I haven't fixed the zoom factor yet though because I spaced it until just now.

joined May 11, 2012

Alice Cheshire posted:

Nah, the current way it works is that it uses the unread posts link but for threads you've completely read. It's basically a really easy way to get to the last page of a thread so that the last post link can actually take you to the last post in the thread. When I fix it up I'll be properly retrieving the last page of the thread instead of using that easier method which will allow the link to work for unread threads as well.

So if I understand correctly, when it's ready it'll take you to the last post even in unread threads? But the problem is that if you do that all unread posts will be marked as read even if you didn't read them, technically you don't need to read any post as just opening the page already marks as read any unread post it have, so I think Last Post button should take to the last post only after you read all unread posts, at least I feel it's a little useless to take us to the last post if you didn't read all unread posts before it first... I used the words post and read so much that it's starting to sound confusing.

Also in addition to the info pane's location being fixed(ish, lol) like I mentioned above the magnifier menu will now actually close if you close the main menu. I haven't fixed the zoom factor yet though because I spaced it until just now.

Yeah I noticed, now the size is good and it's closing properly.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

So if I understand correctly, when it's ready it'll take you to the last post even in unread threads? But the problem is that if you do that all unread posts will be marked as read even if you didn't read them, technically you don't need to read any post as just opening the page already marks as read any unread post it have, so I think Last Post button should take to the last post only after you read all unread posts, at least I feel it's a little useless to take us to the last post if you didn't read all unread posts before it first... I used the words post and read so much that it's starting to sound confusing.

I don't think we're really on the same page here then. There's no point at all in a last posts button if it doesn't take you to the last post in a thread. And while you may not have a use for it there's actually no reason to not include the last post link for unread threads as well once I've fixed the way it works. Most forums actually do have a link to the last post in a thread even if it's one with unread posts anyways.

Yeah I noticed, now the size is good and it's closing properly.

I more properly fixed the size now for larger resolutions. Though anything above 1440p I think will still have the issue I was originally talking about. (Still visible either way however and looks just fine for resolutions ranging from 768-1440px in height. Either way the issue with it looking a bit cut off above 1440p due to its positioning is a moot point since it'll be replaced with the dropdown deal later on.) Positioning elements can be a real pain sometimes when you have to worry about a wide range of screen sizes. Zoom factor should now properly work now as well.

joined May 11, 2012

I don't know, I just don't see any logic of going direct to the last post of a discussion thread if you didn't read the discussion...

Anyway, I tried the zoom again, changing % is working now but I put at 100% and instead of showing the original size it just shows the size you're already seing, it don't change the scale at 100%.

last edited at Dec 15, 2015 12:05PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

I don't know, I just don't see any logic of going direct to the last post of a discussion thread if you didn't read the discussion...

Well you're not going to be required to use the buttons or anything so it's not a huge deal overall.

Anyway, I tried the zoom again, changing % is working no, but I put at 100% and instead of showing the original size it just shows the size you're already seing, it don't change the scale at 100%.

Yep, I've noticed that. I have a few ideas on how to fix it but it'll take a bunch of testing so it's going to have to wait since I'm not going to do anything other than bugfixes for the time being until I've finished cleaning this chapter for Kawaii and stop procrastinating on a level submission for a collaborative project I joined on another forum to button things up and get it submitted finally.

Also I'm starting to locally document my to-do list rather than just using the thread and keeping better track of what changes I'm making. You can see my plans and current notes on the future of the script here.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This is a bit of a contentless bump since there won't be any updates for awhile but I want to verify this is actually an issue. When using the magnifier does this manga refuse to actually show an image in the magnifier for everyone?

I want to verify this isn't something on my end because I've already spent like a half hour trying to figure out what's going on here to no avail. For some reason the magnifier's image isn't getting set even though the rest of the code is running just fine. The lines both above and below the bit where the image gets set work fine but it like just skips over the image code for some reason.

I even copy+pasted the code I'm using to get the image path into the console and it worked perfectly fine so I have no idea what's even up here.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yes. But it doesn't seem to be only manga. I checked few at random and in some it works, but in some it doesn't.

Also it isn't ultra important, but Last Post thingy seems to work randomly. It usually get me to some of latest posts, around 3-5 last from the topic. Rarely to the last post, and rarely it centers on it. In Yuri is a serious business thread, it even get me to 4 not existence page, when there were still only 3.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Yes. But it doesn't seem to be only manga. I checked few at random and in some it works, but in some it doesn't.

Would you mind linking me a few where it doesn't work for you? Might help some in figuring out why it randomly breaks.

Also it isn't ultra important, but Last Post thingy seems to work randomly. It usually get me to some of latest posts, around 3-5 last from the topic. Rarely to the last post, and rarely it centers on it. In Yuri is a serious business thread, it even get me to 4 not existence page, when there were still only 3.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the first bit. It won't actually center on the last post unless your screen is low enough resolution simply because with a high enough resolution there's not enough page to do so. it'll just take you to the bottom in those cases.

For that last bit though that's a quirk in the way it currently works though which will be fixed in the future. It makes use of the unread posts link in threads you've already read and there's a quirk with that link which results in a full page being considered to be one page more than actually exists. Thiaguinho-sama actually reported it awhile back and I know how to fix it, it's just a fairly low priority fix at the moment.

Next update I'll probably fix that when I fix a few other things though. This magnifier issue I want to get fixed plus there's a few other issues with the magnifier which are a lot more minor. There's one fixed in my local copy where the magnifier doesn't show where your mouse is until you move the mouse. There's also an issue I need to figure out where you tend to have to hit Z twice or middle click twice to even open the magnifier in the first place. (Though it opens and closes fine after that until you switch pages.) Edit: Also there's one fairly minor issue which I'd like to fix where middle clicking a link still works with the magnifier open which I'd like to prevent.

This update probably won't come before the end of the year however.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 4:05PM

joined May 11, 2012

I tried the magnifier problem and it also happend for me, only other manga that happend is this one, the others I tried worked fine, about last post working randomly, I noticed now that if you open multiple pages using Last Post not all work properly, some just open the last page instead of last post.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

about last post working randomly, I noticed now that if you open multiple pages using Last Post not all work properly, some just open the last page instead of last post.

Oh! I know what's happening here I think. It's because clicking the last post link sets an internal variable while loading the resulting link unset the variable. So if you open several threads in a short enough timespan that way it will result in the variable being set several times in a row and then when the pages load the first page has unset the variable so the others never make the correct check. I'll add a fix to this to my to-do list for the next update.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

So if you open several threads in a short enough timespan that way it will result in the variable being set several times in a row and then when the pages load the first page has unset the variable so the others never make the correct check.

Most likely since, when i was opening it one by one to show it to you, every page was opening properly.

Alice Cheshire posted:

Would you mind linking me a few where it doesn't work for you? Might help some in figuring out why it randomly breaks.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/dont_become_a_magical_girl#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/family#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/prepare_yourself#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_want_to_become_a_magical_girl
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/last_episodekyousayas_epilogue#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cute_idiotic_couple#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/snow_white_1#1
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/damn_it_kyouko#1

Also sometimes at first it doesn't work, but once I jump between pages few times, it suddenly starts to, so I guess it is the similar issues like with Last Post?

Speaking of Magnifier, window with settings is so long, it goes beyond screen. Not sure if there are any Valid Size Types further, but since the last I can see is upper half of the "px", I guess there are? It spreads from Thingifier settings and since it is in thee middle of the browser, I guess that is why it isn't high enough. Or maybe only I have this issue.

joined May 11, 2012

Nevri posted:

Speaking of Magnifier, window with settings is so long, it goes beyond screen. Not sure if there are any Valid Size Types further, but since the last I can see is upper half of the "px", I guess there are? It spreads from Thingifier settings and since it is in thee middle of the browser, I guess that is why it isn't high enough. Or maybe only I have this issue.

I forgot to mention this, but for me althought I can read all Valid Size Types the window is still a little too big, it cuts right bellow the last line of "px" explanation, it's a small so I can still read it, but I can't see all the window of the list, it's probably because I'm using laptop and the screen itself is smaller.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 5:02PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nevri posted:

Most likely since, when i was opening it one by one to show it to you, every page was opening properly.

I'll get the issue fixed in the next update. For now I'd just recommend letting a page finish loading before clicking another last post link.

Also sometimes at first it doesn't work, but once I jump between pages few times, it suddenly starts to, so I guess it is the similar issues like with Last Post?

This may be helpful to know. Cause at the moment I have absolutely no idea what the issue is. When I manually enter the code into the console it returns the correct result but it seems that for some reason on specific mangas it never even tries to run the correct code despite running everything else near that bit of code.

It's definitely not going to be quite the same as the last posts link though since it seems to be a reliably reproducible issue rather than an issue with loading things too quickly. Everyone who's reported to me on the manga I linked had the same issue and I had the same issue on the one Thiaguinho-sama linked as well as the ones you linked.

I've already got a fix for this on my to-do list. I'll try to get that into the next update as well so it's less of an issue. I'm going to be replacing the current text input field with a dropdown box that contains only the valid options and, hopefully, tooltips for each option.

Edit: Also the px entry is the last one. It just cuts off the padding is all. I tested the current layout down to 1024x768 resolution which is the lowest anyone who would be using my script should be running.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 5:19PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's only a minor update because I'm not actually feeling that great lately and still wanted to at least get some work done on it but I just updated the script to for a few things:

I removed post links function since there is a proper one implemented on Dynasty now, changed quick quote code to be a bit more readable and easy to understand (this isn't something that affects the end user, I just found a better way of handling part of it in the process of trying to figure out why it only works one time per page on Chrome), and the magnifier moves to the proper position immediately as soon as you open it rather than waiting until you move the mouse.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

A small problem I noticed, Last Post is not working again, just take to last page of the thread, besides that I didn't see any other problems yet, but I didn't use it much so maybe I just missed it, I'll try to find others later.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

A small problem I noticed, Last Post is not working again, just take to last page of the thread, besides that I didn't see any other problems yet, but I didn't use it much so maybe I just missed it, I'll try to find others later.

Oh, whoops. This was something I completely overlooked, lol. When I removed my function that inserted post links I forgot to account for that in the last post button's function so that function now fails to retrieve the anchor for the last post. I was already intending to fix up the last post button next anyways so I'll fix it when I go to do that.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I got around to fixing the last post button so it now works properly. Changes this update:

• Fixed v2.1.0.5 breaking the last post button's ability to retrieve the anchor for a thread's last post.
  • Change the last post button relying on the /unread/ link. (It now actually properly retrieves the thread's last page.)
  • Made the last post button work on a thread specific basis so clicking multiple links in short succession will work properly
joined May 11, 2012

Just tried and it looks like everything is working properly, opening multiple links with last post won't work only if you open links non-stop or various links really fast, then some will just load the last page instead, but I doubt anyone will do that so I don't think we can really call it a problem.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Thiaguinho-sama posted:

Just tried and it looks like everything is working properly, opening multiple links with last post won't work only if you open links non-stop or various links really fast, then some will just load the last page instead, but I doubt anyone will do that so I don't think we can really call it a problem.

Do you mean opening the same link repeatedly? If so that's not really unexpected since the variable that gets set when you click the link gets checked on page load then if it's set it retrieves the last post on the page and takes you there then unsets the variable. If you're opening the same link repeatedly most of the copies are going to end up trying to set the variable when it's already set but then checking for it after the first instance has unset it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Alice Cheshire posted:

Do you mean opening the same link repeatedly? If so that's not really unexpected since the variable that gets set when you click the link gets checked on page load then if it's set it retrieves the last post on the page and takes you there then unsets the variable. If you're opening the same link repeatedly most of the copies are going to end up trying to set the variable when it's already set but then checking for it after the first instance has unset it.

I actually think I'll fix this issue anyways. I had a sudden realization this morning that the way I'm currently handling things is overcomplicated. I shouldn't need to use variables at all and the simpler method will fix this issue as well.

To reply you must either login or sign up.