Forum › Citrus discussion

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

b) and c) are more likely to be the case here, either way that hint of Harumin possibly liking Yuzu was 6 chapters ago and nothing came out of it, I think Saburouta thought about going there but had a change of mind but who knows maybe it was actually a long term storyline plan and there will be something in the future.

I think it's a long-term story line, I think that revealing Harumin's possible feelings for Yuzu early in the story will have much more impact when it finally happens in the future, because then we'd know that Harumin might be hurting from the start and just hides it until she couldn't contain it anymore and then boom whazam.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Mei x Yuzu for ever. Amen.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

Referring to chaps 18 and 19: I seriously have no idea what the eff Mitsuko's (Harumin's sister) deal is. So some kid dyed her hair. Obviously, that is all Yuzu's fault and Mei's fault as well and now they both gotta pay!!! ...Wat? Is somebody seeing the sense there and would be so kind to enlighten me? I think Citrus lost me there. Again.

Simple

Is against the rules. Harumi's Sis was just intent on expelling Yuzu's fangirl but then Yuzu had to get involved, exposing Mei's leniency with Yuzu. So by putting Yuzu in a no win situation (from her perspective at least) she's making a statement about following the rules and gaining some leverage over Mei at the same time

Okay, that makes sense. But...I mean, what for? It's not like she can come back as student council president or something. In a previous chapter it was stated she's just there for a visit, if I remember correctly. So once she leaves, chances are things could just go back to normal. ... Wonder if Saburouta has an explanation for that in upcoming chapters. Or if Mitsuko's just got some legit screws loose. She wouldn't be the first one, after all. X'D

Also, about the Harumin x Yuzu discussion
Personally, I think Harumin kinda feels "too straight" for that to happen, y'know. To me, at least. I think she really cares about Yuzu as a friend, but I just get that vibe that she's not interested in Yuzu in a romantic way. Out of all the characters of Citrus until now, I still think Harumin's gonna end up with a boyfriend. XD But oh well, it wouldn't be the first that Saburouta surprises me, so...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Okay, that makes sense. But...I mean, what for? It's not like she can come back as student council president or something. In a previous chapter it was stated she's just there for a visit, if I remember correctly. So once she leaves, chances are things could just go back to normal. ... Wonder if Saburouta has an explanation for that in upcoming chapters. Or if Mitsuko's just got some legit screws loose. She wouldn't be the first one, after all. X'D

Er, it was explicitly stated that she got the Chairman's approval to go through with her plans.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 1:07PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Out of all the characters of Citrus until now, I still think Harumin's gonna end up with a boyfriend. XD But oh well, it wouldn't be the first that Saburouta surprises me, so...

The male population is really thin in Citrus. I don't foresee any male romantic interest in there. Maybe an asshole or two, like the guy in the beginning.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Also, about the Harumin x Yuzu discussion
Personally, I think Harumin kinda feels "too straight" for that to happen, y'know.

Yeah sure, what about that time she tried to scissor Yuzu?
I honestly don't get what you mean by "too straight", I don't remember Harumin ever showing any interest in boys.

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Out of all the characters of Citrus until now, I still think Harumin's gonna end up with a boyfriend. XD But oh well, it wouldn't be the first that Saburouta surprises me, so...

The male population is really thin in Citrus. I don't foresee any male romantic interest in there. Maybe an asshole or two, like the guy in the beginning.

I don't know why, but everytime there's a male love interest in a yuri manga it pisses me off. lmao.

Su%20new
joined Jul 27, 2015

It was explicitly stated that she got the Chairman's approval to go through with her plans.

Did you misunderstand something about what I said? Cause I don't know what to do with that answer of yours. o.o
Edit: Right, I just remembered the expulsion thing. Meh. Now that sucks...Mitsuko's officially a bitch now. I don't like her. v.v XD
Edit II: I kind of want Matsuri to step in and start plotting against Mitsuko to save Yuzu. o.o Headcanon accepted, anyone?

Doesn't have to be explicitly shown or anything, it could just be mentioned that she got one. *shrug * But then again, Harumin might be too important of a character to just pair her off with some no-name whatshisface. Like I said: I'm curious about how her story's gonna continue. But since excellent storytelling isn't exactly this mangaka's forte, I gotta say I'm kinda already mentally preparing for disappointment...

I honestly don't get what you mean by "too straight"

I do believe you do get what I mean by "too straight", you just don't accept someone not supporting your view. ;) But that's okay. I'm not looking for a war here, so I'll just quietly back off now.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 9:05AM

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

I do believe you do get what I mean by "too straight", you just don't accept someone not supporting your view. ;) But that's okay. I'm not looking for a war here, so I'll just quietly back off now.

Ehh I don't, the only thing it makes me think of it's the way she looks which is the way Yuzu looks/gets dressed too and the very first pages of the first chapter of Citrus is Yuzu being ~too straight~, but whatever.
I wasn't trying to be hostile in my last reply btw.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Hello there!

I wrote a treatise on Citrus
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/citrus/

It's a bit long.

I call it a review in the article itself but it really is much more like a treatise. I basically try to thoroughly explain what I believe the deal is with Citrus.

I hope you'll read/enjoy it.

Also, there's too much Yuzu/Harumin here for my liking! Can't friends be friends more often? No no, Yuzu/Harumin is no good!

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Also, there's too much Yuzu/Harumin here for my liking! Can't friends be friends more often? No no, Yuzu/Harumin is no good!

Yuzu x Harumin is the only way to go, Mei needs a therapist not a nice gf like Yuzu.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Mei needs a therapist

Can't argue with that. I just like seeing a friendship in a yuri manga that's just a friendship. I think that's pretty cool.

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 5:57PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Nice read!

It is my genuine, 100%, no bullshit opinion that after a certain point, Citrus becomes a legitimately good manga.

And I'm curious, what point was that? Because I think everything after Volume 1 is good and Volume 3 is currently the best.

Yuzu x Harumin is the only way to go, Mei needs a therapist not a nice gf like Yuzu.

Harumin x Matsuri is another way to go. Even Matsuri x Everyone is fine with me.
And I'm pretty sure Mei just needs someone there for her, as a lover or as a sister. Poor girl needs someone, anyone really, to support her.

last edited at Feb 17, 2016 10:54PM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Nice read!

Thanks!

And I'm curious, what point was that? Because I think everything after Volume 1 is good and Volume 3 is currently the best.

I personally think the quality of the series was dodgy at the best of times, but I enjoyed it despite what I was perceiving as flaws. I don't think the arc with Nina and Sara was enjoyable much, though -- it really bugged me overall. However it's what happens at the veeeery end of that arc (Chapter 16?) -- the resolution -- that I'd call a turning point.

Basically, Mei and Yuzu hook up. I know a lot of people aren't fond of Mei, and that's fine, but what I like about it mainly is that it means at least for now the manga won't be pulling out stops and contrivances and sudden twists to make it so Mei and Yuzu can't be together and things are dramatic. Also, I like the current arc and think it's plain old good. It hearkens back to chapter 1/the overall themes of the series, it's largely about Harumin (picking up on some hints she'd dropped here and there in past chapters), and now that Mei's not being aloof and cruel she comes across more as humorous. It feels much more lighthearted, although there's still drama. Good stuff, IMO.

Harumin x Matsuri is another way to go.

See, that's the way to be.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Hello there!

It's a bit long.

I call it a review in the article itself but it really is much more like a treatise. I basically try to thoroughly explain what I believe the deal is with Citrus.

Great review, I have to say I agree with most of your points. Although I'll add that keeping some obvious distances, the whole dynamic between the characters feel real

I'm pretty sure everyone has met outgoing, stubborn, "act first think later" girls like Yuzu at some point and while Mei's somewhat of a drama queen, her situation is also quite relatable. A lot of the drama in Citrus is also product of how teenagers would normally act, making a huge fuss over the smallest things, hardly talking to anyone else about the things they're worried about and the omnipresent "I know better" attitude.

If there's a weak link in the story, is everything related to Mei's father because quite frankly, it doesn't makes a LICK of sense. Hs backstory has more holes than a swiss cheese and he comes off like a tremendous ass by leaving Mei to her own devices.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Harumin x Matsuri is another way to go. Even Matsuri x Everyone is fine with me.
And I'm pretty sure Mei just needs someone there for her, as a lover or as a sister. Poor girl needs someone, anyone really, to support her.

Yes, she probably needs someone family to support her. And therapy. She doesn't deserve a nice gf before fixing that dickery of hers.
On Yuzu's note, I'd be fine even with Yuzu x Matsuri. At least she wouldn't be treated like shit by Matsuri.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Great review, I have to say I agree with most of your points.

Sweet, thanks.

And yeah, pretty much agreed on all counts, especially about Mei's dad. It's pretty annoying that he just keeps fucking off and doesn't sit down with her to explain things clearly, too. I also have to wonder how Yuzu's mom even managed to meet the guy.

Midna%20and%20zelda_1w2
joined Apr 2, 2014

Well, allow me to tell you all that Citrus finally got translated in french and can be purchased >:D

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

Well, allow me to tell you all that Citrus finally got translated in french and can be purchased >:D

And it is sad, because the future of the yuri in France depends on the selling of Citrus. :(
Luckily, the first volume seems popular.

I bought it only in hope to see future other yuri manga published in French… >.>

I hope it will continue to be popular with the future volumes, because the main issue of that serie come from its length, for me, it's ultra-repetitive.
First volume, fine, second volume, somewhat fine, third volume, meh, fourth volume, boring…

joined Feb 23, 2016

I just recently watched Yuru Yuri San Hai Episode 5... And i noticed that Sakurako's big sister was Reading Citrus Ch 8 when Yuzu was taking Mei to say goodbye to her father!! Shock! But so happy :D

last edited at Feb 23, 2016 11:27PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

And it is sad, because the future of the yuri in France depends on the selling of Citrus. :(

Really? Yuri is having a hard time in France? :(
All of the French licensed yuri are titles I'd love to be able to purchase, if it was more available in Quebec :/

Hello there!

It's a bit long.

:')
There's so much hate on Citrus here that it makes me kinda sad haha
I love it tbh, it was nice to read your review c:

last edited at Feb 24, 2016 12:15AM

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

All of the French licensed yuri are titles I'd love to be able to purchase, if it was more available in Quebec :/

Yup, it seem that the "yuri collection" of Taifu Comic is in the red since its lunch.
They didn't publish any yuri in 2015, and for 2016 they only plan to publish the volumes of Citrus (and Inu & Neko, but it's not from the same editor…).
And depending of the selling of Citrus, they say that they'll see if they publish new yuri in 2017.

But that editor is very unstable, and bad with its communication department, so I hope to see a new yuri license in the second half of the year if the selling of Citrus is that good. I'm jealous since I learned that Bloom Into You will be published in English, I want it in French! :D

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yup, it seem that the "yuri collection" of Taifu Comic is in the red since its lunch.
They didn't publish any yuri in 2015, and for 2016 they only plan to publish the volumes of Citrus (and Inu & Neko, but it's not from the same editor…).
And depending of the selling of Citrus, they say that they'll see if they publish new yuri in 2017.

But that editor is very unstable, and bad with its communication department, so I hope to see a new yuri license in the second half of the year if the selling of Citrus is that good. I'm jealous since I learned that Bloom Into You will be published in English, I want it in French! :D

Holy fuck noo :'(((
If they bankrupt or something the French yuri will go out of print!
I need to buy some as soon as I can

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

:')
There's so much hate on Citrus here that it makes me kinda sad haha
I love it tbh, it was nice to read your review c:

Thanks for reading the review. I also love it. I'm not real sad about people hating it, but I do think perhaps the hate is overblown.

16kb
joined Feb 29, 2016

Love this manga, cant wait to read more!!!! -

To reply you must either login or sign up.