Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Unwarned NSFW is kinda troublesome for images.
Especially since image list can also contain NSFW previews.

last edited at Sep 12, 2013 12:00PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Please consider a monthly batch torrent of all of the Yuri Manga that month. Because I can't read the Yuri Manga's I wan't to read because of my slow & limited Internet connection ;(

Also when I tried to download my 1st chapter today, "limit 8 download per day" immediately appears.

Use the "Release Post" feature. Visit individual scanlator's websites. Read this.

Unwarned NSFW is quite troublesome always. Would also be kinda nice to come to some agreement on a standard for it. That said, I just searched without the tags "NSFW" and "Ecchi" and fixed the [very few] images that didn't have any warning tag on them.

Don't really know if that helps. But if you're browsing in a public place, I think the best that can be done for now is just to search without those tags.

last edited at Sep 12, 2013 12:45PM

Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I dont know if this had been suggested, but I wonder if we can have a ratings system to judge doujins/manga/images/authors (from 0-5 or 0-10).

We considered this when we redesigned the reader, but turned it down. If we go into this area, it will be with a favorites system, connected with the Favorites reading list. I am thinking about in the future being able to view how many times an item has been favorited, and sort the directory by favorites count.

last edited at Sep 12, 2013 12:58PM

Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I am probably going to add a profile option to hide image thumbnails when an item contains a NSFW (maybe Echhi as well) tag, default will be off.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Please consider a monthly batch torrent of all of the Yuri Manga that month. Because I can't read the Yuri Manga's I wan't to read because of my slow & limited Internet connection ;(

We have considered and talked about it before. My main issue is if there is enough interest in it. Since if we don't get a good amount of seeders, it would probably hurt our bandwidth overall.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just wanted to note that if at any point you've requested an image/short release that is not up yet, feel free to re-request it. There are some requests that were initially turned away due to lack of content that can now be put in the images section.

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Filtering NSFW is a good feature to add, but for what reason would you need to browse the Images section in public anyway? Doesn't seem like a big deal. It's not like we plastered full frontals all over the homepage.

last edited at Sep 12, 2013 3:40PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, doesn't really matter for me personally - but with chapters you know what you're opening. And with images, looking at gallery gives you whole tag spectrum.

Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Playing around with the images section, it might be nice to have the tags pop up when you hover the mouse over the thumbnail. Especially with the comics, it's not always clear what's going on.

Done.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

For these two-page comics, I think it would be very nice to have some color coding or other denotation to show which comes first in reading order. Danbooru highlights the outside of the first page's thumbnail in green, and the outside of the second page in yellow. Like so.

__mioda_ibuki_danganronpa_and_super_danganronpa_2_drawn_by_qosic__sample
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

This site is default NSFW. You shouldn't be on here at work at all.

Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

This site is default NSFW. You shouldn't be on here at work at all.

Yea, they are frequently extremely NSFW chapter covers on the home page.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

the downloader chapter for some reason has pg 9 corrupted for Yakumo Mamire.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

Hopefully that's fixed. Not sure what caused that.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

YumiKuri Date pg 3 has a small error, Happy is spelled as "hapy". fixed page: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hitaigs90oa29kg/38581989_big_p3v2.rar

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

It would be great with the ability to subscribe to tags in the image section(atleast "Doujin" and "Pairing" tags").

Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

It would be great with the ability to subscribe to tags in the image section(atleast "Doujin" and "Pairing" tags").

This is something I plan to add.

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

question. i don't really get the romance tag. everytime i see it, i imagine het though it's with a yuri tag. pls enlighten me. how is it not yuri=(has)romance

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yuru Yuri = yuri = not romance

Hanjuku Joshi = yuri = romance

In addition to making that rather important distinction between serious relationships and not-so-serious relationships, the tag is meant to single out series/stories that focus on romantic developments. Whether that be lots of "I love you, let's be together forever", or the actual illustration of a romance.

With that said, we have quite a group of people who tag things, and many tags have been under some degree of revision at some point. So my words on this hardly hold true 100% of the time.

Secretnamorifan11
joined Jul 17, 2013

I'm sorry to sound ignorant, but, seeing that mostly the mangas hosted in this site is yuri, why do you still host het mangas? I don't really mind, but I feel like it's out of place.

Question: I'm just wondering if you've thought of changing the background color (which is white ATM) to a different color like gray, black or something that is of a dark colored tone.

last edited at Sep 25, 2013 10:21AM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

"Suggestions status" is down

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Question: I'm just wondering if you've thought of changing the background color (which is white ATM) to a different color like gray, black or something that is of a dark colored tone.

That will be user specific and is in the works, it will be implemented soon.

Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

Can you elaborate on that?

Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

That will be user specific and is in the works, it will be implemented soon.

That is news to me, I have no plans for that atm.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Can you elaborate on that?

When I go to http://dynasty-scans.com/user/suggestions
I get a page with

We're sorry, but something went wrong
Please contact admin@dynasty-scans.com if this problem persists.

To reply you must either login or sign up.