Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas. Chapter 20. -Silent, happy screaming and fist pumping- <3

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

fist pump

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Definitely one of the most adorable couples out there! I got diabetic from the sweet fluff xD

Rize_by_kr0npr1nz-d88nnll
joined Oct 27, 2015

Fucking finally. I'm screaming and crying. -

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES FUCK YES

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

That was so beautiful!

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

fist pump

same here so fucking yes

Shitsurakuen3avatar
joined Jul 29, 2014

I can't breathe, the cuteness is killing me. Tell my family I want this chapter on my tombstone.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

I can't breathe, the cuteness is killing me. Tell my family I want this chapter on my tombstone.

I'll have pepperoni on my tombstone.

Dsisterism_021_015-1-1
joined Oct 7, 2015

i'm gonna faint but i can't stop re-reading this chapter!!

joined Jan 6, 2015

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH ~!! Finally !!! O.M.G I'm sooooooo haaaapppppppy for them!! They're so cute together!!!!

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I reread Shiramine and Kurosawa's chapters and I'm just kinda like...wait...there actually was some deep stuff going on. When on earth is that going to be resolved?

The main conflict is that Shiramine wants to be special to Kurosawa aside from their competition. Kurosawa started to think about this in Chapter 12 but then she saw her registration form outside the window (what the heck, I know).

Shiramine resists actually liking Kurosawa because Kurosawa has led her to believe that what is between them is really, really shallow (and therefore, from that point of view, it is a terrible idea to fall for Kurosawa. Terrible and stupid). Kurosawa needs to rethink her motivations and then be serious with Shiramine or they're not going to get anywhere.

So I'd say it's a rare case of the tsundere NOT being the one preventing the relationship from continuing. Shiramine is being a tsundere to protect herself from what she perceives, and rightfully so, as a bad idea. It's pretty much the ultimate way to lose, especially considering how Kurosawa comes on to her (the closest to NSFW we've ever gotten I think) and the way it implies that she would like to get physical (as in, claim your body or dominance = winning).

I was actually really surprised upon rereading that it was this way. I think I got used to the tsundere being the relationship roadblock, instead of a genius airhead who is giving the wrong impression.

Can anyone else go back and reread to see if it was the same for you?

last edited at Feb 12, 2016 8:52PM

joined Sep 11, 2014

I reread Shiramine and Kurosawa's chapters and I'm just kinda like...wait...there actually was some deep stuff going on. When on earth is that going to be resolved?

The main conflict is that Shiramine wants to be special to Kurosawa aside from their competition. Kurosawa started to think about this in Chapter 12 but then she saw her registration form outside the window (what the heck, I know).

Shiramine resists actually liking Kurosawa because Kurosawa has led her to believe that what is between them is really, really shallow (and therefore, from that point of view, it is a terrible idea to fall for Kurosawa. Terrible and stupid). Kurosawa needs to rethink her motivations and then be serious with Shiramine or they're not going to get anywhere.

So I'd say it's a rare case of the tsundere NOT being the one preventing the relationship from continuing. Shiramine is being a tsundere to protect herself from what she perceives, and rightfully so, as a bad idea. It's pretty much the ultimate way to lose, especially considering how Kurosawa comes on to her (the closest to NSFW we've ever gotten I think) and the way it implies that she would like to get physical (as in, claim your body or dominance = winning).

I was actually really surprised upon rereading that it was this way. I think I got used to the tsundere being the relationship roadblock, instead of a genius airhead who is giving the wrong impression.

The way I see it, Yurine just wanted someone who could match her, and our Generic Tsundere Girl here just happens to have an obession with being the best & hates to lose. Thus, Yurine was attracted to her. While I think Yurine's character is a bit dull since she hardly tries anything yet she never loses, it's not the main issue; Generic Tsundere Girl is. See, Generic Tsundere Girl (who doesn't have any experience in romance) acts all tsundere around Yurine as a reaction to Yurine's advances, which is no problem at all. I love tsundere characters. However, the problem with Generic Tsundere Girl is that, ever since Yurine became attracted to her, she became a shallow character; her hard-working personality was overshadowed by her tsundere personality (which is very weak). So, yes, I share your opinion that Generic Tsundere Girl's tsundereness is something that is a bother, and should be dealt with swiftly.

P.S. : Shikinami from "A Doujin Where Shikinami Became the Secretary Ship" is a good example of a good tsundere, which Generic Tsundere Girl should look up to as a model.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 10:09AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

The way I see it, Yurine just wanted someone who could match her, and our Generic Tsundere Girl here just happens to have an obession with being the best & hates to lose. Thus, Yurine was attracted to her.

her hard-working personality was overshadowed by her tsundere personality (which is very weak). So, yes, I share your opinion that Generic Tsundere Girl's tsundereness is something that is a bother, and should be dealt with swiftly.

It's something that should have happened ages ago (and almost did), but it's been put off for eight chapters already and possibly many more. Canno's execution on this is really lacking because when Ayaka and Yurine are side characters Yurine gets development but Ayaka does not. Some story thread is probably waiting on Kaoru but the way the stories are weaving isn't working.

Those eight chapters pretty much killed all the development that was happening and set it back. This is great for Mizuki and Moe, but...uh....not for the story as a whole.

Also, in the future...since time is actually passing... Ayaka is going to get a new roommate when Mizuki graduates.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Huh… The way I see it, Ayaka's obsession with competition is precisely what prevents her from accepting Yurine. There's a good example of this in chapter 15 (yeah, don't forget that one): they start by playing with hoses, then Yurine asks Ayaka to join her in the club "because she just wants to be with her". At that moment, Ayaka's resistance has pretty much collapsed… It's only when Yukina points out that Ayaka is gonna be "number 2" in the club that she goes back in tsun mode.

Which means Ayaka has no problem accepting Yurine's presence when her obsession with defeating her doesn't get in the way. Then, as Tiger said, it's partly Yurine's fault, as she gave Ayaka the impression that she only mattered to her as a rival; but Yurine's started to realize that it's not the sole reason she fell for her − her crush started when Ayaka smiled to her and helped her open up, not when she knew she was just behind her in the ranking. Again, this is illustrated in chapter 15.

In the end there's a good part of mutual obliviousness regarding what they really want from each other. Now what role Kaoru's presence is gonna play in that, I don't know. Going by their Twitter, Canno had planned to introduce this character from the start, so I guess they did it for a reason.

Otherwise…

Explosions

Never change, Moe. You're awesome.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 12:21PM

joined Oct 18, 2015

^ Moe saves this whole manga for me - I wouldn't put up with its faults if I didn't enjoy her so much as a character.

joined Aug 11, 2014

To be honest, so much emphasis was put on Kurosawa's excitement about being challenged that I still struggle to see anything deeper happening between them, at least so far. I got the same feeling that you did, that Shiramine has been acting tsundere because she's scared to take Kurosawa's flirting seriously, and I even kind of agree with her on that. From her perspective, I wouldn't have any confidence at all that Kurosawa would stay interested if they weren't rivals. And the only reason I know as an outsider that Kurosawa is uniquely attracted to Shiramine is because it's a yuri manga and they've been paired up. Without that meta-knowledge, I don't really see anything special between them.

Or, like, what if someone else as talented as Kurosawa came along, who could actually give her a run for her money? Someone who Kurosawa would actually have to work to compete with, on an equal level? Would she still care about Shiramine and their utterly one-sided rivalry? Would Shiramine? Even if she did keep at it, would the process be so discouraging and hopeless that any romantic interest or affection would be completely swallowed up by a sense of desperate perseverance? What is Shiramine's role, exactly? How is Shiramine herself supposed to understand it? What confidence is she supposed to have in Kurosawa's feelings, at this point? What confidence is Kurosawa supposed to have in Kurosawa's feelings, for that matter?

I dunno. I feel like they're both kind of the problem. Shiramine stiffens up whenever she thinks about competing with Kurosawa, but it's Kurosawa who keeps contextualising their relationship as a competition, even when it doesn't need to be. And any progress they could be making towards fixing that and actually becoming closer keeps being hampered by the author getting distracted by other characters, who get more meaningful progression in more interesting relationships in much shorter timeframes.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 3:55PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

In the end there's a good part of mutual obliviousness regarding what they really want from each other.

Yeah, but I think Yurine is in the best position to fix things. With Ayaka's limited knowledge it looks like a bad idea.

Now what role Kaoru's presence is gonna play in that, I don't know. Going by their Twitter, Canno had planned to introduce this character from the start, so I guess they did it for a reason.

Well, Kaoru's character is in a prickly situation. Judging from the author's own art Yurine and Ayaka are destined to be together. Furthermore, it would not make any sense for Yurine herself to take an interest in Kaoru. Yurine doesn't like it when people treat her like some kind of goddess, and Kaoru is giving that worship vibe. If Yurine did take an interest it'd be kinda "WTH" on her development.

And the only reason I know as an outsider that Kurosawa is uniquely attracted to Shiramine is because it's a yuri manga and they've been paired up. Without that meta-knowledge, I don't really see anything special between them.

I like the way you put that, Gale. The rest of your post was great too. Glad it wasn't just me. These girls could use some help.

Some of the following is kind of a joke: I would hate to be in Ayaka's position. Girl I like is coming on to me but it doesn't seem like I really mean anything to her?! No wonder Ayaka is freaking out all the time. Maybe that obsession with competition is really just where she channels all of her unresolved sexual tension.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 1:59AM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Hey Lyendith, I felt like this kind of needed it's own post because it's unrelated to the current story discussion, but still related to this story.

Are there any plans to translate the mini-page stories on Canno's blog? The blog hasn't been updated in forever, but it's all Mizuki/Moe and Ayaka/Yurine stuff. I feel like I may have posted it before but it seems to have gotten buried. It includes this gem:

Grope

(Apparently Ayaka is a D cup and Yurine is a C? And Yurine can tell cup sizes from groping? Such talent.)

Despite some faults this story might have I still really like it! Thanks a bunch for translating, Lyendith! :D I'm glad it's catching on. If there are no plans to translate these it's perfectly fine; I am quite happy with the main story material.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 2:29AM

joined Jan 27, 2016

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
GOOD JOB!

joined Sep 11, 2014

Hey Lyendith, I felt like this kind of needed it's own post because it's unrelated to the current story discussion, but still related to this story.

Are there any plans to translate the mini-page stories on Canno's blog? The blog hasn't been updated in forever, but it's all Mizuki/Moe and Ayaka/Yurine stuff. I feel like I may have posted it before but it seems to have gotten buried. It includes this gem:

Grope

(Apparently Ayaka is a D cup and Yurine is a C? And Yurine can tell cup sizes from groping? Such talent.)

Despite some faults this story might have I still really like it! Thanks a bunch for translating, Lyendith! :D I'm glad it's catching on. If there are no plans to translate these it's perfectly fine; I am quite happy with the main story material.

So Yurine's smaller than GTG's? That means GTG has finally beaten Yurine in something.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Now what role Kaoru's presence is gonna play in that, I don't know. Going by their Twitter, Canno had planned to introduce this character from the start, so I guess they did it for a reason.

Well, Kaoru's character is in a prickly situation. Judging from the author's own art Yurine and Ayaka are destined to be together. Furthermore, it would not make any sense for Yurine herself to take an interest in Kaoru. Yurine doesn't like it when people treat her like some kind of goddess, and Kaoru is giving that worship vibe. If Yurine did take an interest it'd be kinda "WTH" on her development.

The way I see it, Kaoru is a plot device that will make GTG realize her own feelings for Yurine. Besides, judging from ch. 19, she has her own problems to deal with.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

@Tiger: I… Don't remember those, actually. ò.Ô Was that really long ago, or does Canno have a third blog I don't know of?

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

@Tiger: I… Don't remember those, actually. ò.Ô Was that really long ago, or does Canno have a third blog I don't know of?

At least this looks familiar, right?

Be Mine or Something

This is the ancient blog I'm talking about: http://dshyper.blog.shinobi.jp/

I was surprised looking through Canno's older stuff again because, well...it looks like Ayaka was, at least at one point, or still is her favorite character? I'm going off of things that could mean something else of course, like avatar and how often she appears in the non-story stuff or cropping choices.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 10:44AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Wooow that's… old. XD The series was barely starting. Hum… I could try to tl them. =O

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 11:24AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.