Forum › Please tell me the Kashimashi anime is different from the manga.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

finally managed to get the Kashimashi omnibi and the vocal collection for cheap (arrived yesterday). just finished the manga and it looks like i wasted my money on them since its fucking trash!!!
why does the best girl always lose T_T

ahem
so, does the anime have a different conclusion? id like to go in prepared and not get sucker punched this time around.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

no, didn't read the manga but best girl lose. That I remember

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Best love interest always loses. It's how writing works.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

just read the spoilers on wikipedia for the anime. well shit, thats even worse than the manga!! good thing i got Simoun lying around. really hope itll calm the unbridled rage i will surely have after watching Kashimashi.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

...was I the only one who actually rooted for Tomari? For some reason I could not stand Yasuna...

But yes, Tomari is the ultimate winner in both the manga and the anime.

Girl%20friends-av
joined Jul 13, 2015

...was I the only one who actually rooted for Tomari? For some reason I could not stand Yasuna...

No, you're not.
She is definitely the best girl.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

simoun? good luck..

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

trafi posted:

Actually in anime Yasuna wins. Only in ova they change the ending without any explanation to match the canon manga ending. Anime was good, but imo manga was way better and I didn't mind ending with Tomari because it made sense in story and let's be fair, unlike Yasuna she was ready to sacrifice her life for Hazumu. That is something.

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 7:17AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

simoun? good luck..

Simoun is great. But yeah, kinda depressing too. Those feels, can still feel them even though I haven't watch it in a few years.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Nevri posted:

trafi posted:

Actually in anime Yasuna wins. Only in ova they change the ending without any explanation to match the canon manga ending. Anime was good, but imo manga was way better and I didn't mind ending with Tomari because it made sense in story and let's be fair, unlike Yasuna she was ready to sacrifice her life for Hazumu. That is something.

In addition to that, when Hazumu-kun suddenly became Hazumu-chan, though she was conflicted, Tomari didn't change her feeling toward her one bit. Yasuna, on the other hand, didn't really like her till after.

By the way, I was still rooting for Yasuna. through most of the story.

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 7:30AM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

trafi posted:

When I said best girl, I meant Tomari. I can't stand Yasuna for some reason. They make such a boring couple...

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 7:34AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Best girl was Tomari of course. And I'm happy that she won. The ending of the anime felt so wrong. It seemed like she went with Yasuna only because she felt bad for her. I'm glad they fixed it in the last seconds of the last episode and in the OVA.

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 8:34AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

In addition to that, when Hazumu-kun suddenly became Hazumu-chan, though she was conflicted, Tomari didn't change her feeling toward her one bit. Yasuna, on the other hand, didn't really like her till after.

Actually from what I remember (it was ages since I watched it). Anime Yasuna was more reserved and though she was happy that Hazumu turned into a girl as she didn't need to be afraid of suddenly not being able to see his face, but after rejecting him before, she felt guilty and only after they patched things up, she started to pursue him. Manga Yasuna had the seem issue with male Hazumu and outright states it would be better if he was a girl. And once that happens, she is delighted and goes all out on him. So I really don't think you can say that Yasuna didn't like Hazumu after change at first.

joined Sep 6, 2015

trafi posted:

The last episode implied the Tomari route though. In the stinger, after the credits. It was only a couple of seconds, but still. OVA was then continued from that point.

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 1:29PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

The last episode implied the Tomari route though. In the stinger, after the credits. It was only a couple of seconds, but still. OVA was then continued from that point.

I don't remember it. Maybe I even missed it. Still looking at anime ending and then OVA starting with Yasuna breaking with Hazumu off screen, because she supposedly didn't want to rely on Hazumu too much was totally out of blue. I remember being really confused by it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The last few seconds of the last episode has Hazumu-chan confessing to Tomari-chan Just two words : "ano ne..." after skipping toward the other side of the river (typical way of starting a confession).

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 1:46PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

The last few seconds of the last episode has Hazumu-chan confessing to Tomari-chan Just two words : "ano ne..." after skipping toward the other side of the river (typical way of starting a confession).

I don't remember much of Kashimashi so I don't know the context but it's not like "anno ne" is strictly limited to confession. Not saying you're wrong, as I said I dont remember much of the anime and the ending (might even have missed this scene)

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 1:53PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins posted:

I don't remember it. Maybe I even missed it. Still looking at anime ending and then OVA starting with Yasuna breaking with Hazumu off screen, because she supposedly didn't want to rely on Hazumu too much was totally out of blue. I remember being really confused by it.

The beginning of the scene of Yasuna breaking up with Hazumu was actually in the last episode of the regular anime. Few seconds of it, followed by few seconds of Hazumu confessing to Tomari. Only thing that is said by Yasuna is "ano ne...", then cut immediately to Hazumu beginning her confession with those same words. Again, cut right after she says "ano ne". You might have missed it if you did not watch past the credits, since it was in the stinger. Both scenes are then expanded upon in the OVA.

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 2:37PM

joined Sep 6, 2015

I don't remember much of Kashimashi so I don't know the context but it's not like "anno ne" is strictly limited to confession. Not saying you're wrong, as I said I dont remember much of the anime and the ending (might even have missed this scene)

To my understanding, "ano ne" means something like "hey, you know", like "You know what, this is blablabla." I do not believe it is a confession phrase. I remember Yasuna beginning her breakup with it, sounding really serious, then Hazumu cheerfully beginning her confession with the same phrase.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

"Ano ne" is just a way to start a conversation. It doesn't really have a direct translation, but it can be translated in ways you suggested. It isn't used strictly for confessions but it can be. I guess for those scenes the context is all that mattered.

Also at the time I watched it I usually didn't bother with watching op/ed (although I did watch it in Kashimashi case) that is why I said I'd not be surprised if I had missed it, but there is a chance since it was just few seconds long at the end of episode, that I just simply forgot about it.

last edited at Jan 30, 2016 2:26PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

Manga Yasuna had the seem issue with male Hazumu and outright states it would be better if he was a girl. And once that happens, she is delighted and goes all out on him. So I really don't think you can say that Yasuna didn't like Hazumu after change at first.==

yeah thats what happened. and later on Yasuna explains that when she rejected male hazumu, she actually really wanted to say yes but couldnt because she was too scared that she wouldnt be able to keep her feelings because of her vision. hazumu turning into a girl got rid of all her misgivings.

meanwhile tomari just wallows in a pit of self-loathing for practically the entire manga until the end and wins just because she can run faster even though the manga spent waaaaaaaaay more time building up Yasuna.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri Guy posted:

meanwhile tomari just wallows in a pit of self-loathing for practically the entire manga until the end and wins just because she can run faster even though the manga spent waaaaaaaaay more time building up Yasuna.

It wasn't that she could run faster. It was that she was able to react at all. Yasuna was just standing still dumbfounded while Tomari was able to actually react and charge to save Hazumu. Also she didn't save him. They both would die, but her act of true selflessness was what made Mr, Alien able to link their lives and share her life span with Hazumu keeping him alive, hence saving them both, since he still had life span left and it no longer was time for him to die. As Mr. Alien himself said, without such act it was impossible to share anyone's life with Hazumu's. So even if Yasuna would "win", Hazumu would still die that day.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i just dont like how tomari won without doing anything or even trying.
still super salty >:|

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

As Mr. Alien himself said, without such act it was impossible to share anyone's life with Hazumu's. So even if Yasuna would "win", Hazumu would still die that day.

That's not true at all. The option to share their lives has always been on the table. It was Hazumu's indecision that held them back.

I'd like to believe that Tomari reacted and Yasuna didn't because in that moment, they both realized Hazumu's answer.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuri Guy posted:

It wasn't that she could run faster. It was that she was able to react at all. Yasuna was just standing still dumbfounded while Tomari was able to actually react and charge to save Hazumu. Also she didn't save him. They both would die, but her act of true selflessness was what made Mr, Alien able to link their lives and share her life span with Hazumu keeping him alive, hence saving them both, since he still had life span left and it no longer was time for him to die. As Mr. Alien himself said, without such act it was impossible to share anyone's life with Hazumu's. So even if Yasuna would "win", Hazumu would still die that day.

Who is that "him" you keep talking about?

To reply you must either login or sign up.