Forum › Where you from?~

joined Aug 18, 2015

I was borned in Viet Nam. Currently live in Houston, TX. Yes, there is a redneck country club in the city. 20% of my co-workers r gay. It's high percentage for a company located in a conservative state.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Norainhere wrote:
I love this thread, is that weird? It's just so interesting to me to see where everyone is from.

not at all. i too like reading where people are from. it kinda makes you feel more connected.

@jmv - sounds like the Montrose area? but that part of the city is mostly yuppie/suburbanite hell now. a lot of the gay residents got hitched and moved out to the 'burbs. once that happened, it became trendy and the money took over. really a shame. it's a boring neighborhood now.

last edited at Jan 14, 2016 12:18AM

Tumblr_nmf9ayqcct1splrm9o1_1280
joined Jan 26, 2015

Dallas, TX! (:

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Anyone live in Orange County we can hang out? lol

Tumblr_nmf9ayqcct1splrm9o1_1280
joined Jan 26, 2015

I was borned in Viet Nam. Currently live in Houston, TX. Yes, there is a redneck country club in the city. 20% of my co-workers r gay. It's high percentage for a company located in a conservative state.

Houston represent. Keepin it sane here in Texas

lolol, lotsa Texans here on this page!!

joined Aug 18, 2015

@jmv - sounds like the Montrose area? but that part of the city is mostly yuppie/suburbanite hell now. a lot of the gay residents got hitched and moved out to the 'burbs. once that happened, it became trendy and the money took over. really a shame. it's a boring neighborhood now.

nope, in the Westchase area. Our other two offices in Dallas & San Antonio r included in my calc. Our boss is a republican bc he doesn't want to pay too much taxes, which I understand. I have several co-workers who r closed-minded. u can tell right off the bat when they say Trump has just been speaking his mind...that he doesn't care abt pc... or they usually start with I am not a racist, BUT...

joined Aug 4, 2014

Poland, my homeland! You are like health! One shall know how precious you are when they lose you...

I live in the most great country ever, where sky is the bluest, grass is the greenest and snow is the snowest! We, as a nation, combine the best traits humanity has to offer like... umm... great alcohol resistance and... pessimism and uch... other great things I won't even bother to mention since they are so obvious. You ALL deserve to live under OUR enlightened leadership! Let's start with eradicating Russia and Germany, shall we?

last edited at Jan 16, 2016 7:22PM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Marches. Wait, wrong forum. Tamworth, ancient capital of Mercia o7 We have a castle, a theme park and the countries only indoor ski centre or something. And a big statue of an anchor despite being the farthest point from the sea in the country and another of a former prime minister who's most famous contribution to the world is the police and the founding of the modern conservative party.

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

Louisiana ;; glad to see some people under the bible belt c:

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The Moon, peaceful and quiet; occasionally enjoying tea parties with my green witty neighbours - the martians.

joined Apr 15, 2011

Houston represent. Keepin it sane here in Texas

lolol, lotsa Texans here on this page!!

yup. last time i think i'd counted 7 + an Oklahoman and a Louisianan, but after the last few comments i think we're up to 9 + 2.

joined Apr 15, 2011

nope, in the Westchase area. Our other two offices in Dallas & San Antonio r included in my calc. Our boss is a republican bc he doesn't want to pay too much taxes, which I understand. I have several co-workers who r closed-minded. u can tell right off the bat when they say Trump has just been speaking his mind...that he doesn't care abt pc... or they usually start with I am not a racist, BUT...

yeah, i've been hearing that more amd more. what's funny is that these same ppl were fuming about how Trump was a joke and needed to go away. now they're embracing him as if they supported him from the start.

on a completely different note, i used to go to alamo drafthouse for anime night but stopped once ADV got bought. have any of the houston folks gone to alamo drafthouse since they brought anime night back? if so, is it worse, better or the same as before?

Download
joined Dec 24, 2014

yolo!! 11th one from th Philippines..:D

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Hahahaha i love this manga.

joined Apr 15, 2011

@Nez - lmao. thank you for a really good chuckle, but for what it's worth, i think the majority of us came from similar places

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

@Nez - lmao. thank you for a really good chuckle, but for what it's worth, i think the majority of us came from similar places

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

My mom loved to tell me I was a cereal prize D:

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

What part of Louisiana? I'm right outside of New Orleans.

joined Apr 5, 2014

anyone from Indonesia? xD

joined Nov 9, 2014

anyone from Indonesia? xD

I'm from Indonesia, Jakarta.

Tumblr_npkmdbqiwy1s7m7t3o1_1280
joined Jul 21, 2013

Haha, it was a fun read looking at this thread.
Hi ladies and gentlemen, I'm from the land mass down under (it's SUMMER now, so freaking hot, FYI, it's Australia), have been lurking on this site since before I even registered about two years before that. I still remember when the site was still new (2010-2011) XD
It's nice to see that it's grown into a nice community.

RandomGuyReading
Q-street-fighter-iii-3rd-strike-portrait-art
joined Jun 16, 2015

Some religious nuts in Louisiana are driving me crazy!

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

Whoa, hey! I'm from Lafayette. Didn't think there'd be others from LA, because it's so rare haha

joined Apr 15, 2011

Whoa, hey! I'm from Lafayette. Didn't think there'd be others from LA, because it's so rare haha

yippee ki yay! we got us sum sutherners! 12 and counting.

123548.320x180
joined Aug 7, 2013

Swedish dude here. From the woods in the middle of Sweden. I live in a village of about 200 people.

last edited at Mar 4, 2016 8:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.