Forum › Unworthy Son discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

That was good, I liked it
That reminded me of why I used to read harems and most importantly manga with male main characters a lot, despite being a young, teenage girl, because it was mainly with straight male mcs that I related to the most, to their feelings for some cute girl.
It's different now that I've found yuri of course, and even if I'm considerably more grown up than the kid I was 6-7 years ago, when the main character isn't entirely a perverted douchebag fuckboy, when he's a little bit shy and awkward, I still relate and see myself in them.
His unrequited feelings are regrettable, but his love interest is a sweet woman, I can see why he liked her.
Having her reappear in his life like that, makes it much harder to move on, and focus on his career, but it ends nicely, hinting on hope and acceptance; he's moving on.

20230129_212706
joined Oct 20, 2015

NTR..always making me feel bad

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Planned to just skim over it but ended up actually reading it. Really liked this one even though I didn't expect to, judging by the NTR tag. Saw the author's name just after reading, though.

I'm in no way an expert in NTR but this doesn't really seem like NTR? Wouldn't the son have to date the teacher for it to be NTR?

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:55AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Planned to just skim over it but ended up actually reading it. Really liked this one even though I didn't expect to, judging by the NTR tag. Saw the author's name just after reading, though.

I'm in no way an expert in NTR but this doesn't really seem like NTR? Wouldn't the son have to date the teacher for it to be NTR?

I think that, ntr is just (the mc's) feeling/angst of losing a love interest to someone else
I have to say that I did initially thought that the son would be dating someone, but I guess this fits the tag as well

Capture
joined Jan 16, 2012

This isn't really NTR. Its just a love triangle.

joined Nov 11, 2013

don't know why this is Netorare?

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

I have to agree that this is in no way NTR, if the characters are not together then one can't be stolen from the other, I also have question the Student teacher, does it really count when she never had feelings for him? Cause the tag impies that it had romance between student and teacher.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 2:20AM

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

urgh.. .... it was a good story, well written but doesn't make it any easier to read.. sigh

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Honestly I'd be much more adamant if I were him. Probably tell both her and dad to fuck off and leave them dead to me.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I have to agree that this is in no way NTR, if the characters are not together then one can't be stolen from the other, I also have question the Student teacher, does it really count when she never had feelings for him? Cause the tag impies that it had romance between student and teacher.

NTR can be simply having a love interested taken by someone else. Usually from the POV of the person on the short end of the stick.

whole premise of NTR is about the emotions (sorta like jealousy, but more... bitter?) that it'll evoke on the reader, usually used for hentai as fap-fuel of a sort.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

But she was never his love interest, and if you go see in mangaupdates they didn't tag it as NTR either.

It only counts as NTR if they have at least mutual feelings, just go and see all mangas with the tag on mangaupdates, all of them the characters are in love with each other or are a couple, without mutual feelings or relationship it is not NTR.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

GUYS! GUYS! MU didn't tag it, every problem is resolved RIGHT THERE! We better take off the yuri tag of every Nanoha official work.

I kinda like flips' explanantion but I feel like if we used that, there would be a lot of yuri oneshots we would have to tag with it. The Bridesmaid from Ratana comes to mind. And that would probably stop a lot of people from reading a lot of oneshots because the definition (for the lack of a better word) that involves cheating is definitely the more common one.

Thiaguinho-sama
joined May 11, 2012

OriginalGengar posted:

GUYS! GUYS! MU didn't tag it, every problem is resolved RIGHT THERE! We better take off the yuri tag of every Nanoha official work.

You know what I meant so don't be a dick, as for Nanoha, not even the animes are tagged as yuri, because you know, yuri was never the focus, they're seinen series with confirmed hidden lesbian couple, and if you don't trust MU then go see MAL, they don't tag Nanoha as yuri either.

I kinda like flips' explanantion but I feel like if we used that, there would be a lot of yuri oneshots we would have to tag with it. The Bridesmaid from Ratana comes to mind. And that would probably stop a lot of people from reading a lot of oneshots because the definition (for the lack of a better word) that involves cheating is definitely the more common one.

Aoi Hana from the same mangaka should be tagged as NTR too then, cause Fumi did lose two love interest to guys, and Secret Love from Ootomo Megane is basically the same as The Bridesmaid, with the woman the main character loves marrying a guy.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:09PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

well, no, those are not NTR. Those don't evoke the (odd mix of jealousy/bitterness/anger/fap-fuel(?)) emotions NTR is supposed to and indulges in, its hard to describe.

Those are drama/angsty-QQ's stuff that love triangles usually go for.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:13PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I can see why it's tagged NTR.

Because of the panel on top for example.

So yeah, the father had sex with his love intererest and gave him a feeling of jealousy. Ie, NTR.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 1:26PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

if you don't trust MU then go see MAL,

That's literally the last site I'm going to tags for..
And Dynasty Scans didn't tag the animes as yuri either, by the way. Cause they're animes. And there's less yuri in them anyways.

well, no, those are not NTR. Those don't evoke the (odd mix of jealousy/bitterness/anger/fap-fuel(?)) emotions NTR is supposed to and indulges in, its hard to describe.

Haha, well, as I said, I'm far from being an expert in NTR. I always thought it just meant the protagonist gets cheated on and loses their partner. I think I understand what you're saying though.

last edited at Jan 9, 2016 2:05PM

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

This is just angst, IMO (and its def not a love triangle.....)

Anyway I'm not rly about it bc the teacher is young and cute so why the old man.....she could do so much better for herself lol

last edited at Jan 11, 2016 3:55AM

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

Well that was oddly satisfying.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I read this months ago but never commented, but this manga is really depressing now that I think about it...I really feel bad for the MC, but I can't believe such a cute teacher like that can 'love' an old guy like that ;-;

last edited at Jan 2, 2018 9:51PM

i thought dynasty didn't had any straight manga tskk

last edited at Jun 28, 2020 10:08AM by

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

1st world societies made by old men train girls to look up to old men. Also women learn to marry wealth, & the old often have more than the young. Case in point: my mother was literally half my father's age. They're not characters in a romantic story so they lasted about a year.

To reply you must either login or sign up.