Forum › .925 discussion

20572_311167636941_6582597_n
joined Apr 22, 2013

That was heartbreaking and confusing and delicious all at once. Thank you, Nishi Uko.

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

the premise is good for making this into a series. too heartbreaking for me. but yeah, the artwork is flawless, love it

A
joined Jun 10, 2013

so confused..

joined Oct 11, 2010

That was wonderful!

joined Jul 8, 2013

That was both confusing and stupidly depressing. Why do people enjoy sad endings? I will never understand and, frankly, I don't want to understand. I enjoy happiness, I am NOT the weird one yet somehow I seem to be the minority.

last edited at Aug 21, 2013 10:09PM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

This was the least confusing thing ever tho? Girl proposes to girl, girl gives ring back and tells her she's not good enough for her, girl is sad. That is it. It is 4 pages long and as basic as plots go, how on earth are 3 people confused by this?

@Yurlovefan Drama is nice.

joined Apr 22, 2013

It is 4 pages long and as basic as plots go, how on earth are 3 people confused by this?

Confusing meant in context of the character whose ring was returned. I understood it perfectly as the mangaka was very concise in four pages.

joined Apr 22, 2013

That was both confusing and stupidly depressing. Why do people enjoy sad endings? I will never understand and, frankly, I don't want to understand. I enjoy happiness, I am NOT the weird one yet somehow I seem to be the minority.

I am no fan of sad endings either but I don't see this as completely sad. Somehow I see it more as it having potential. Plus the art is gorgeous as usual.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Confusing meant in context of the character whose ring was returned. I understood it perfectly as the mangaka was very concise in four pages.

I see, sort of.

321135_2320992341587_421511_s
joined Jun 16, 2013

Oh...you're not the only one!

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Oh...you're not the only one!

You are not alone +1.

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Not the harshest break up it could be...
It seems the woman rejected her in order to protect her.

the premise is good for making this into a series.

I second this. I wish there was more.
Even if this story doesn't continue, I would love to see more from this artist. I liked their more "josei" style.

Bacon Pancakes
0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Well that was some sad shit..

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Well that was F'ing depressing :-(

i wonder why this storyline for this oneshot? was this a case of art imitating life?

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

Going by the title I thought this would involve guns. Makes sense, I guess. Ring sizes and bullet sizes are pretty close.

... I think there's a metaphor in there somewhere...

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

not all relationships lead to everlasting commitment. better to end this way rather than hurt each other because she is not ready for it.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

DX awww...

joined Jul 17, 2013

This was sad :c but the arrrrrt!!!

joined Aug 22, 2013

I seriously made an account just to post this and I've been kinda procrastinating to make an account and stuff. But anyway... this is pretty confusing but after you really think about it then it becomes really easy to understand. Plus, has anyone else noticed that when she's walking out of the door... she isn't wearing any pants?

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

I seriously made an account just to post this and I've been kinda procrastinating to make an account and stuff. But anyway... this is pretty confusing but after you really think about it then it becomes really easy to understand. Plus, has anyone else noticed that when she's walking out of the door... she isn't wearing any pants?

haha, I've been procrastinating too and was going to make an account to just to comment on this short too... yeah I thought she was pretty boss for walking out pants-less haha.

Going by the title I thought this would involve guns. Makes sense, I guess. Ring sizes and bullet sizes are pretty close.

... I think there's a metaphor in there somewhere...

At first I thought it referred to ring size too, but I think the .925 actually refers to the percentage/carats of silver used in jewelry. Because it would otherwise be too soft, silver is usually only 92.5% silver and 7.5% something else.

I get the story, but the last line is a bit confusing for me. Does the proposer mean that because she/the ring was rejected/not being used it's not as special anymore (The ring is as plain/common as a spoon)?

Mika-icon
joined Jan 31, 2013

I get the story, but the last line is a bit confusing for me. Does the proposer mean that because she/the ring was rejected/not being used it's not as special anymore (The ring is as plain/common as a spoon)?

Maybe it could be that even though she has the taste of silver in her mouth, the situation is now completely different. Last night she was enjoying a romantic dinner with the other woman, tonight her proposal was rejected, but the taste is still the same.
There could be some sort of deeper and/or metaphorical meaning in there, I dunno, the idea was kinda half baked in my head...

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

There could be some sort of deeper and/or metaphorical meaning in there, I dunno, the idea was kinda half baked in my head...

you are probably right. i've been rereading Nishi Uko-senseis' one shots and have not noticed obvious use of metaphors (per se); so much as I have noticed her use of symbolism.

But I do confess, analysis is not my forte. So anyone, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

so short yet it leaves such an impact... >_<

joined Mar 30, 2012

Well if you think about it as a series
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/multiplying_lights
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/infinite_20_minutes
(then this) http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/925
it was an unexpectedly bad ending :( it seemed to be going uphill at first.

unless there's another chapter that wasnt translated.

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 11:17PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Well if you think about it as a series
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/multiplying_lights
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/infinite_20_minutes
(then this) http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/925
it was an unexpectedly bad ending :( it seemed to be going uphill at first.

unless there's another chapter that wasnt translated.

There are, and those are different blond girls.

To reply you must either login or sign up.