Forum › Adult life discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Probably a silly question, but why would this and Office Lady be considered incompatible tags?

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Probably a silly question, but why would this and Office Lady be considered incompatible tags?

yesterday i asked myself the same thing...
however, i though because if it's about OL, it's obvious adult life, it's excessive (the right word don't come in my mind now)

Troid Uploader
Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

Redundant, I guess. I don't really agree, but that makes sense, at least.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

Redundant, I guess. I don't really agree, but that makes sense, at least.

yes, redundant, it was on the tip of my toungue,
at last i think it's because of that

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What does redundant matter in terms of tags though? Isn't it a good thing to find a story via multiple avenues? Because if I want to find, say, Kusari wa mou Iranai, what do I search under? It's got an office lady in it, but the protagonist is a manager. Doesn't it make sense to search both ways?

joined Feb 2, 2016

Why there not lot aults yuri manga out there?

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

There's simply a larger audience. Your average yuri reader would rather have a story featuring teenage girls rather than one featuring adult women.

And that's why we can't have nice things.

last edited at Jul 25, 2016 6:37PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's simply a larger audience. Your average yuri reader would rather have a story featuring teenage girls rather than one featuring adult women.

And that's why we can't have nice things.

Note that we're talking about the average viewer in Japan. Plus it's easier to pass off yuri under the figleaf of Class S over there, rather than have characters be overtly gay like with Adult life material. Not to mention the whole Japanese fondness about stories about youth, and you don't get much more youth than middle school.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

2018 and there still aren't enough adult life manga. I'd give anything for something like a domestic-slice-of-life manga about two lesbians raising an adorable child. Something like Yotsuba except gayer.

Make it happen Japan.

Edit: I guess there is Ohana Holoholo, but something sweeter would be nice to have too. Preferably drawn by Takemiya Jin, Takana Saku or Ooshima Tomo. Dowman Sayman might be a fun one too, but... probably not their style.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 12:50AM

Screen%20shot%202020-05-04%20at%2010.17.35%20pm
joined Jul 1, 2015

im so happy that there seems to be an influx of adult life/ college aged manga recently. Please keep it up in terms of uploads!

last edited at May 10, 2020 12:30AM

joined May 25, 2020

YES

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Now that i'm aging into an adult myself i'm coming to appreciate this tag more and more

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

All OL tagged stories are adult life, but not all adult life tagged stories are OL
edit: ... oh christ that question was posted in 2013.

last edited at Aug 26, 2022 8:41PM

And They Were Roommates
E3fwhq4xeagjxjd
joined Apr 17, 2023

My favorite tag of all time, it's nice to see more and more people start to appreciate it. I suppose it has to do with the readership getting older. I especially love the stories where the adult characters resolve their conflicts like adults without unnecessary drama, love that.

To reply you must either login or sign up.