Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Is pretty obvious Momoka's arrival will kickstart the major and final arc of the season but considering this sort of breather episodes I can't help but think that the series will end in a cliffhanger to be resolved on a (hopefully) second season.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

My point is her name is clearly chinese so I feel you should spell it in chinese

Alright.

I can't help but think that the series will end in a cliffhanger to be resolved on a (hopefully) second season.

If it does end on a cliffhanger, I hope we get at least a Kaiju part 1 final boss.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mamori Wet Dream

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I've watched episode 6 especially Meifon's fighting ability. She reminds me of a character from VD Bhikkhuni who can transform an object into Arm. Can you explain this ?

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Who will win ? That couple or Gambit (X-Men)? They are both the same of throwing psionic cards.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Wow, two filler episodes in a row. Unless you count learning about what that weird cat thing is and how Meifong fights important information. I'm just sad Meifong and Onee-san aren't a Liberator/Arm pair...

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Unlike the past week episode, this one was pure filler. Fun, but ultimately filler.

Lots of great reactions from Mirei and her relationship with Mamori keeps being built on little a little (was hilarious how she only frowned at the idea of using Akira's uniform)

Meifong pulled quite the unusual movement but somehow, I can't help but think there's something more afoot there. Specially since her "arm" proved to be not that trustworthy on actual combat. We'll see I guess.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Meifong is my favorite character. Has been since she first showed up.

joined Oct 3, 2014

MelonBun

Mei Feng is the chinese pronunciation Mei Fon the Jap one. Your decision, I won't attempt to make you choose the superior Japanese pronunciation, which is the official reading, but that's just fyi stuff.

I don't know how you properly pronounce Mei Feng in chinese, it might be pronounce exactly the same way as in japanese aka Mei Fon (which is mostly likely the only way japanese can pronounce it at all, but w/e). The point is it is just spelling, I told you how you should properly spell it, how you read it is all up to you.

EDIT/ My point is her name is clearly chinese so I feel you should spell it in chinese, how you read it is irrelevant.

Feng pronounced in Mandarin Chinese is fairly close to Fon pronounced in Japanese. I think to an untrained ear they might as well sound the same.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

well, it was a fun episode.

"time to fight, lets expose our breasts, suck on them, rub em together, and kiss!"
All fighting should be like this.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Meifon is an ARM with the money is Liberator ??? How is it possible ?

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

I took some news from Japanese source in translation from which sites I don't know. Is it good news ? it says that Akira Hiiragi will be revealed as a woman in next episode and Momoka will be appeared at episode 9. Can I trust this news ? Well, it depends.
That source is in http://matometti.diary.to/archives/1044983916.html.

last edited at Nov 15, 2015 11:23AM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ you might wanna tag spoilers on that part about Momoka... not the part about Akira tho, that is... pretty obviously going to happen at some point...

if you don't know how, its by using 2 equal signs = at the beggining and at the end of the text you want to set as spoilers.

last edited at Nov 15, 2015 10:14AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

More yuri goodnes from Morizoh Arima!

Mirei-san
Even if it's the 13th, let's play the Pocky game!

That's not how you play the game!
Ah, there's chocolate in it
lick
!
I lost
(I lost!)

https://twitter.com/morizoh_arima/status/664862711931494400

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

More Bhikkhuni info

NSFW Link

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2015/11/15/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-reveals-information-weapons/

The PS Vita game Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni itself changes form when you activate “drive!” Here’s a bit of info on some of the weapons the girls can use!

The weapons that evolve and strengthen as you fight:
These weapons (nicknamed arms) change form when you drive. They get more powerful, even becoming capable of using the move “Drive Break.”

When you drive break these arms, their form changes, reflecting their newfound power. Driving requires synchro stock, however, so managing that will be a key to beating the game. Points: When you attack an enemy, your “synchro gauge” rises. When you fill it to max, your synchro stock stats filling up. You can use the stock for items and combo bonuses as well!

And here are some of the weapons these brave, beautiful girls will be using!

The girls all have their own weapons to match their individual personalities. Among them are tools such as gun/blade combos, dual swords, Japanese longswords, and various others. Comparing them is part of the fun of the game! They all have their own unique special moves and combos, so try them out and use the right one to fight the right situation!

Kagurazaka Rinka: Japanese Katana Normally hidden in its sheathe, she’ll unsheathe it when she gets excited. When it’s drawn, her movements and personality become very quick. As if she were a princess, the movements of her blade look like falling cherry blossoms.

Kagurazaka Ranka: Fists She uses kung fu to strengthen her body and uses her fists to annihilate enemies. Her fiery fighting style almost resembles that of a goddess of war.

Kuzuryu Momo: Lance Using a lance that holds 9 abilities, she can move it left, right, or all around the battlefield as she pleases. Her attack speed almost makes her seem like a whirlwind, blowing enemies away.

Inagawa Mana: Japanese Bow She can turn her own hair into a bow and attack enemies from range. In contrast to how nice it looks, it doesn’t even let the enemy get close.

Viola: Gun and Blade a gun and blade, she can attack enemies near and far. This is a style that allows for attacks regardless of the type of enemy or range of their attacks.

Manpukumaru Chang: Japanese Longsword Wielding two gigantic longswords, she slices enemies in half. Her movements are slow, but with an immense power that can’t be beat.

Tsukikage Koharu: Blade A blade that furnishes its user with both high offense and defense. With very refined movements, it’s almost as if she’s purifying foes with her sword.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

i love the official artworks for the game.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

episodes are so random? :/ and to tell you the truth I have no idea where the F... this plot is going. I thought I like the mains relationship A LOT in the beginning but now its starting to bother me I dont know why...

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I like the show yuri in all it's glory, but @Ushio I feel the same about the plot. It seemed the first two episodes there was leading into an almost solid plot then it just turned into side story stuff. I think this show has a lot of potential but it may lose some of its serious yuri fans. ( I will stick it out until the end, hoping that there will be more plot).

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Mamori's character song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mq8A6bDohY

According to /a/ is Mamori singing about her feelings when she kissed a girl

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I like the show yuri in all it's glory, but @Ushio I feel the same about the plot. It seemed the first two episodes there was leading into an almost solid plot then it just turned into side story stuff. I think this show has a lot of potential but it may lose some of its serious yuri fans. ( I will stick it out until the end, hoping that there will be more plot).

I agree. But it seems like a crime to ask for plot too. It's still the middle of the season, so we must wait until the end to see how this unfolds to have a better opinion

joined Mar 25, 2013

More Bhikkhuni info

NSFW Link

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2015/11/15/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-reveals-information-weapons/

So they're showing each girl what weapon (Arm) she is? All of them are hybrids I guess then. If all of them are hybrids I wonder how common that is.

So this new episode was genuine filler I guess. Mei F(e)ong is an Arm, now I really want Torino to be a Liberator xD

Another thing though, if it's anything that can turn you on, does that mean that if men can turn you on then they can wield you? We haven't learned what a Liberator is/does only that they can handle Arms. But I wonder if you need to be a Liberator to handle an Arm. Now with Mei Fong being an Arm that is not really an Arm since when her 'armor' dissolved generally that shows that the 'dissolved person' is the Arm. I'm a bit confused.

I took some news from Japanese source in translation from which sites I don't know. Is it good news ? it says that Akira Hiiragi will be revealed as a woman in next episode and Momoka will be appeared at episode 9. Can I trust this news ? Well, it depends.
That source is in http://matometti.diary.to/archives/1044983916.html.

If this is true, I wonder how Mamori will react to it. Will she swoon even more or think something like 'if she's a girl Mirei is better.' == And if ==Momoka appears in episode 9, I wonder how that will be, one setup that it seems like they're doing is, make Mamori jealous enough so that she goes to Akira for the last 3 episodes (which would be just stupid writing) since the revelation that would happen in the previous episode would make her realize (to some extent) that she likes girls and will probably think that 'Mirei has Momoka so she doesn't need me' or something like that This is just a worst case scenario but I'm prone to those. Plus they happen more often than not.

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 9:20AM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Far as we know, all the girls on Bhikkhuni are hybrids. It could seems is a different strain of the Armed virus but we won't know for sure until the game is released.

If anyone's interested, CDJapan has the "They're Perverts!" and "MireMamo" shirts available

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series/4483?order=new&opt.include_eoa=1&utm_source=MAIL&utm_medium=text-artistmail&utm_campaign=Valkyrie%20Drive-20151117-series-4483

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This week's radio show is hilarious

Radio time.

In opening talk Izawa talked about her time in seiyuu training school and how she have done 3-way radio hosting with her fellow schoolmates and that her schoolmates are part of VD’s nameless mob girls seiyuu.

The first corner is a free talk corner. They decide to look back on ep 5 because they kinda forgot about it last week. Iguchi said that she loves all of Nimi’s part but she always stutter when she tried saying Minimi Nimi. Other two don’t have problem saying it. Izawa was surprised that they can also turn into a giantess and mention that Takahashi Minami, Nimi’s seiyuu, will join in from last week episode.

This Takahashi Minami http://myanimelist.net/people/22003/Minami_Takahashi

By the way Noe’s also voiced by someone with Takahashi as family name. Here is she http://myanimelist.net/people/34785/Rie_Takahashi

The cast keep growing but it’s still full of girls and Kubo mention that even though most of the seiyuu are female, the staff is full of scamps. She specifically use the word ‘yaro’, in joking manner, when she refer to the staff. Iguchi wished they recorded the recording session because it was quite interesting. They also mention that most of the session was done in the morning, it was quite hard for Izawa because she have to talk in higher voice all the time. Iguchi then asked her whether she has tell her mom about VD or not. Kubo’s also interested but Izawa still hasn’t told her mom.

Izawa thought now that Nimi have appeared maybe it will be a bit easier to tell her mom and Kubo agree and add that there will be more of nice story like Nimi’s. ‘Mom look-look the girl is turning into a giantess’. ‘That’s not what the story’s about!’ Iguchi said that the second half will be full of interesting development but the story will end in a touching way. Izawa said maybe she should tell her mom after it ended because it ended peacefully. Kubo said that her mom wouldn’t be able to watch it live then, but Izawa still can’t find the heart to tell her. She’s afraid that if her mom watch it, it could influence her in a bad way. Kubo told Izawa that it’s important to do various type of role and it’s all for her own good so she should tell her mom. Izawa took the advice to her heart but she said that now really isn’t the best time to tell her mom, so she will try to look for the right timing first.

Iguchi and Kubo said that they will readily help her practice anytime as both her mom and dad. Izawa’s dad talks in Kansai-ben and he’s apparently super scary and her mom eat lots of sweets. So they decide to practice it right now. Iguchi act as papa and Kubo as mama. Iguchi trying to act as strict dad while Kubo keep making sound like she’s munching something. Izawa tried to make way for the reveal by saying that she have a plan tonight [I assume they pretend that its Monday, the day Tokyo MX airs VD] ‘Hmm? What plan? Now you come sit here and explain it’. That’s Iguchi trying to sounds like scary dad. Izawa start again by offering mama pocky and pouring sake for papa. She explain VD as an interesting story where girls turns into giantess. Papa asked her to elaborate. Izawa said she voices a character named Mamori. Mama asked Mamori what? Tokonome Mamori. Papa asked how it’s written. Izawa is racking her brain trying to find a way to tell the virgin kanji without saying it. Papa still found out and Izawa failed again.

Izawa asked the other two have they told their mom yet, they both immediately said yea. Kubo said she told her mom in a very carefree manner. ‘I voices a character in this show but its ecchi so you don’t have to watch it’. After all they also released CD so it will be a shame if they didn’t say anything. Izawa didn’t give her mom Super Ultra Hyper Miracle Romantic CD copy because it has Tokonome 「処女」written on it and she’s afraid that her mom will misunderstand if she just gave her the CD without saying anything. Kubo said there’s nothing to feel embarrassed about after all there’s no male fluids here. [Kubo said dansui here, normally its written like this 断水 and it means water outage but she definitely meant 男水 instead or it wouldn’t made sense in context]. Izawa asked them to think keywords she can used to describe VD. Iguchi describe it perfectly by saying it’s a tale of camaraderie and love comedy with some ecchi HAPPENING, though MX won’t have any of it because it lies beyond the light. Izawa will keep them in mind and hopefully she can give straight to her mom.

Mail corner, first is from someone from Kansai and they asked the hosts if they have their favorite accent. Iguchi love Kansai-ben no matter who spoke it. Kubo’s Kansai-ben is natural but she never has to stop herself from leaking few Kansai-ben phrases when she talks in proper Japanese. Nothing else interesting here unless you’re interested in Japanese accent, nothing about VD at all. Next mail asked them can they refused an offer [you know things like ‘Be a Japanese that can say NO’ because they’re usually too polite to refuse]. Izawa can’t say no, but when she can’t do it after all she apologized. Izawa had always accepted class president duties when no one wanted to volunteer but she always skip her pingpong club activity because she only joined because her friends joined but she herself don’t have any interest in sport. She said all of her teammates manage to enter tournament except her because she never practice. Iguchi would think properly before answering and would say no when she thinks its impossible. Kubo said it depends on whatever asked of her but she would probably say yes to all things lightly and then forgot about it. That’s it for mail corner.

They played ‘Vi-vi-vi-virgin Road’ Izawa said the song is about what Mamori feelings during 1 and2 episode. The song is a bonus CD included in BD vol.1

The rest are just variety corner, also nothing noteworthy unless you’re a seiyuufag. If only RL didn’t demand so much I would translate them all. Sorry. That’s it for this week.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

To reply you must either login or sign up.