So there's this interview with Kaneko

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/127387/

According to /a/ the biggest points of the interview are these:

Plot starts on episode 7
Mamori's seiyuu was too erotic, so Kaneko asked for more innocent perfomance
Iguchi also voiced a girl for Charlotte's harem
Kaneko chose Iguchi because her scream was the coolest
The sound when a girl transforms is made out for each extar by their seiyuu's
There will be scene when the screen will become white (not ATX)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

There will be scene when the screen will become white

Maximum wild sunlight beeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaam

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

I suspected plot would really start only in episode 7, and the entire screen white? Maybe Charlotte will do lewd things with her entire harem to use them at the same time against Mirei?

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 1:07PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Someone did a rough translation of the story bits in the interview

From episode 7 onward the story will become more connected and the story will grow to be more serious. Among them, the identity and goals of a certain character will be revealed alone the way, and Sagara Momoka that only appeared in the beginning of episode 2 in the flashback scene will finally arrive at the island. Mirei and Mamori partnership is going strong, but Momoka’s appearance will cause some kind of ripple. There will be development like “What? That girl and that girl gonna fight?” In the second half it will feels like they’re digging deeper into the island called Mermaid and Momoka. The girl that once shared a fate with Mirei, Momoka will scratch everyone not only in boobs-like but also human relation-like things. Mirei and Mamori were using boobs freely and they will be torn apart by boobs ……(笑)。 Since the screen might become pure white in the censored version, please enjoy the whole thing in the BD version and AT-X ver.

WELP

joined Mar 25, 2013

From episode 7 onward the story will become more connected and the story will grow to be more serious. Among them, the identity and goals of a certain character will be revealed alone the way, and Sagara Momoka that only appeared in the beginning of episode 2 in the flashback scene will finally arrive at the island. Mirei and Mamori partnership is going strong, but Momoka’s appearance will cause some kind of ripple. There will be development like “What? That girl and that girl gonna fight?” In the second half it will feels like they’re digging deeper into the island called Mermaid and Momoka. The girl that once shared a fate with Mirei, Momoka will scratch everyone not only in boobs-like but also human relation-like things. Mirei and Mamori were using boobs freely and they will be torn apart by boobs ……(笑)。 Since the screen might become pure white in the censored version, please enjoy the whole thing in the BD version and AT-X ver.

WELP

So, my worst case scenario coming to fruition I see. And here I held out hope. Guess I should know better.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

WELP

So, my worst case scenario coming to fruition I see. And here I held out hope. Guess I should know better.

If by worst case scenario you mean the one from the page before, it wasn't the case

You were assuming that Momoka's would appear on episode 9 when she's actually showing up this week

joined Mar 25, 2013

If by worst case scenario you mean the one from the page before, it wasn't the case

You were assuming that Momoka's would appear on episode 9 when she's actually showing up this week

Yeah, which is even worse. Really hate stupid drama like that..

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

While the execution remains to be seen, isn't as stupid when you take a good look at it. I mean, Momoka has been a very sore point for Mirei so her appearance is bound to cause some complications

joined Mar 25, 2013

While the execution remains to be seen, isn't as stupid when you take a good look at it. I mean, Momoka has been a very sore point for Mirei so her appearance is bound to cause some complications

I guess I'm just tired of the same old drama tropes.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

telamon

Wasn't Momoka appearing at some point like obvious from episode 2? And that it will be pretty significant Mirei and plot wise?

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 6:18PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

telamon

Wasn't Momoka appearing at some point like obvious from episode 2? And that it will be pretty significant Mirei and plot wise?

Not really obvious. She could've been dead and they could've shown her as the previous person she cared for instead of bringing her back. As for significance, Mirei could just tell Mamori, plot wise again, she doesn't need to be there. Just a background research from someone in the castle.

Could've gone either way is all I'm saying.

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 8:25PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Promo materials let us know she was alive and she would arrive after Mirei and Mamori, plus you know, there is her appearance on both the OP and ED. All of which made clear she was alive.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Promo materials is just that, promotion. Showing of characters, they don't necessarily need to be alive. Just important enough, same for OP and ED. Plenty of animes have had dead characters in OP and EDs as well as promo material.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

From what I remember promo material said she was alive, and yeah a lot of animes show dead characters in OP and ED, but they show the character death in one episode, if the character is killed offscreen without anybody mentioning it again then it's not important enough to show in OP and ED, if Momoka was dead we would already know by now, Mirei or someone else would have talked about her.

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 9:27PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

WELP

a bit... boob-obsessed...
just a bit.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

telamon, exactly what kind of drama you fear is going to happen? What is the worst case scenario? Love triangle?

last edited at Nov 19, 2015 11:59PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

From what I remember promo material said she was alive, and yeah a lot of animes show dead characters in OP and ED, but they show the character death in one episode, if the character is killed offscreen without anybody mentioning it again then it's not important enough to show in OP and ED, if Momoka was dead we would already know by now, Mirei or someone else would have talked about her.

Yep, since the moment her design was revealed it was pointed she was alive

That being said is obvious that Mirei thinks she's dead.

Anyways, here's what the first BD will include

Special package drawn by character designer Kaneko
Special Clear Case
Special booklet (setting materials, etc.)
Character CD Vol.1
"Virgin Road" Song: Tokonome Mamori (CV: Izawa Mikako) Lyrics and Arrangement: Shinozaki and Aya
"VALKYRIE DRIVE -BHIKKHUNI-" Bonus DLC Code
"VALKYRIE DRIVE -SIREN-" Bonus serial code
"VALKYRIE DRIVE All-Star Thanksgiving" (to be hold in February 7, 2016) Event ticket priority sale offer voucher
(Cast schedule: Yuka Iguchi, Izawa Mikako, Yurika Kubo, Yoshino Yuna, Asami Seto, Tazawa Masumi, Hitomi Harada, Saori Onishi,Azumi Asakura, Ayaka Ohashi, Azusa Tadokoro)

In Disc
Mini OVA Vol.1
Audio Commentary
Creditless OP and ED
First PV

joined Mar 25, 2013

telamon, exactly what kind of drama you fear is going to happen? What is the worst case scenario? Love triangle?

Look at the previous page.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Okay people, have some really cute fanart of Lady Lady

In the end the championship was taken away by her
You don't have to worry about this kind of thing

You will forever be No.1 in my heart

Rain....

But I really miss the canned peaches a bit
This year it wasn't canned peaches

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=53649158

Also, a little pinup made by the Manga's artist, Zunta

last edited at Nov 20, 2015 4:20PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Well that took a while and I swear it wasn't just laziness but here's the Torino x Mei Feng doujin: here.
Feel free to report any f*ckups and once again thanks Nevri
I didn't edit in the sfxs in pages 7-9 because I didn't want to fill up the entire page with this things ->*sfx<- and I'm not confident enough in my editing skillz yet, it wouldn't look as good if I removed the original.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well that took a while and I swear it wasn't just laziness but here's the Torino x Mei Feng doujin: here.
Feel free to report any f*ckups and once again thanks Nevri
I didn't edit in the sfxs in pages 7-9 because I didn't want to fill up the entire page with this things ->*sfx<- and I'm not confident enough in my editing skillz yet, it wouldn't look as good if I removed the original.

Fantastic! Thanks!

This episode delivered.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Look at the previous page.

Okay I read it, well if they really do that it'll be annoying, but I suspect it won't happen.

When episode 7 will be released?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It has already.

Akira is revealed to be a woman, a titty monster specifically

So having seen the subbed episode, I don't think Mamori deserves all the shit is getting. She really doesn't treat Akira differently and compared with Mirei, their interactions are clearly on the "Just friends" range.

Mamori didn't blushed when holding hands with Akira unlike the time she did with Mirei, she got involved on the hostage situation out of concern and sense of duty and she didn't even made a fuzz about driving when seeing Akira for the first time.

What is more, after beating the bad guys her first (and only) concern was Mirei's well-being.

She did kissed Akira but is just like when Rain kissed Mirei (and the characters even point it out).

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 9:23PM

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Akira is revealed to be a woman, a titty monster specifically

Ha! I fucking said before didn't I? I even mentioned Charlotte from IS but some doubted it, I knew she would be like her. 8D

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 9:29PM

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Best episode yet. Extremely pleased with how they made Akira such a positive and compassionate character, as well as a badass.

To reply you must either login or sign up.