joined Dec 18, 2013

Takaki having some fun at a Valkyrie Drive event

http://gigazine.net/news/20151011-valkyrie-drive-machiasobi15/

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

My heart!

joined Mar 25, 2013

If not from the other pairs I think we'll get some romance from Mirei x Mamori, and maybe from the two that bet on our girls.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Since I've watched the uncensored version, my initial impressions were:

•okay normal ecchi scenes nothing new, a la Highschool of the dead style....then BAM full on borderline hentai! It is boobs after boobs scenes! I usually have no complaints about boobs but it was just a little too much for me. The representation of them bewbies was so unrealistic (kinda like jello) which was really funny and the aerolas, don't even get me started.

The MCs were very cute though, Mirei especially (cool and sweet) and although the action scenes were short, it waz GOOD.

I'll definitely continue watching this one although I don't really fancy too much (unrealistic) boob air time because well... it is yuri. and has action and is not subtext.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It isn't borderline hentai yet, it is very ecchi one. There have been much more explicit examples where they are having sex but don't show the genitals and it still didn't count as hentai, but it did as borderline hentai. We'll see in the next few episodes how it is though.

Anyone pre-register for the Siren mobile game?

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I have to wonder what will the BDs offer though. Those specials must be something else.

There's a pretty ballsy theory going on /a/ about the nature of the disease

These girls don't just turn into weapons, they turn into monsters if not properly restrained by a liberator. The liberator serves as a host, who is also an infected herself.

Without proper treatment, infected women would kill their male partner during sex and or upon losing their sanity.

By fighting with each other, they reduce their stress and maintain their sanity, at a cost. They grow stronger and less humane, although sapience and what is considered to be a human is still there.

While a Liberator is as good as the training she receives, while physically enhanced it is the extasis or weapon she wields that makes her what she is. If certain conditions are met, the liberator and extasis can "merge" into a symbiote or a F-Class Threat.

Like, what the hell I just want to see more cutie lesbians. We'll see on future chapters I guess.

Did I mentioned already how much I love the fanart this series is getting?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^In the words of Jenny Schecter:

Men can’t handle the fact that these women can have this amazing, fucking beautiful, mind-blowing orgasm without a fucking cock!

They probably just wanted to make a theory that somehow includes sex with a man.

joined Mar 25, 2013

They probably just wanted to make a theory that somehow includes sex with a man.

Most likely yes, since either a disease/infection is mentioned or how it is relevant to sex/procreation. Also, they would've mentioned if it was a disease, and it is explicitly stated that they have 'superpowers'.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't think is that damming. Aside of the disease, the series is set on a nearly identical world to ours so is logical that something liike that would be discovered in the middle of a het sexual act. By the same token is also interesting the implication that lesbians infected with the disease were the ones that found the way to control it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Funimation has the series page up

http://www.funimation.com/shows/valkyrie-drive-mermaid/home

The series will be indeed simulcasted with new episodes every saturday at 12pm EST

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

They're really just implying that lesbians can't have real sex.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

These girls don't just turn into weapons, they turn into monsters if not properly restrained by a liberator. The liberator serves as a host, who is also an infected herself.

Without proper treatment, infected women would kill their male partner during sex and or upon losing their sanity.

By fighting with each other, they reduce their stress and maintain their sanity, at a cost. They grow stronger and less humane, although sapience and what is considered to be a human is still there.

While a Liberator is as good as the training she receives, while physically enhanced it is the extasis or weapon she wields that makes her what she is. If certain conditions are met, the liberator and extasis can "merge" into a symbiote or a F-Class Threat.

aside of the male partner thing (which seems like it was just shoved in there for the sake of addressing males at all), this seems rather intense.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I don't think that's the case considering that Mamori complained about her first time with Mirei at the end of the episode.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I don't think that's the case considering that Mamori complained about her first time with Mirei at the end of the episode.

I meant the theory implies it, not the show.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well, as a theory its quite flimsy, almost entirely baseless. The closest thing is that maybe the girls somehow need each other for some reason, and even that is a rather weak assumption so far... just going by what other shows (with a similar concept) have done, basically.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So it turns out that Mermaid will get a manga adaptation by Zunta after all. It will start on 10/26 in Comp Ace

They're going all out with this

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

real sex need the D?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

if someone cares like me, cr/hs release has killer lightbeams unsurprisingly and probably looks worse overall

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

if someone cares like me, cr/hs release has killer lightbeams unsurprisingly and probably looks worse overall

Haha, yeah, I saw some pictures and it's pretty ridiculous.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Senketsu ripped Funi's subs so you can put those on the At-X raws.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I wonder if the manga will be picked up for translation.

So no one pre-registered for the mobile game then? Only me? xD

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I guess :P

I have the vita game preordered.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Senketsu ripped Funi's subs so you can put those on the At-X raws.

Why go through all that when you could download [Commie]'s release?

Such a shame there isn't a vita emulator.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Some people aren't fond of Commie's liberties with the script.

joined Mar 25, 2013

What liberties? They haven't deviated that much from what they actually say.

To reply you must either login or sign up.