Forum › Valkyrie Drive, New Multimedia Project by Senran Kagura's Creator

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

C'mon guys, don't be so pessimistic. We need to get that crossover between the three projects!

Better not. The mobile game has a "Muh super special unique male MC"

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

C'mon guys, don't be so pessimistic. We need to get that crossover between the three projects!

Better not. The mobile game has a "Muh super special unique male MC"

wut!?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Male self insert in the vein of IM@S producer or Kancolle's Admiral.

“The girls’ feelings will become their most powerful weapon.”

There exists a man-made island floating in the sea called Siren. Girls that have been infected by a mysterious virus have been isolated there. There are two types of girls; those that have the ability to turn themselves into weapons, the “Exstar”, and girls that wield those weapons, called “Liberators.” The lives of those imprisoned girls are controlled by the powerful governors of Siren, the “Elizaveta.” In response to the Elizaveta’s tyranny, a small band of resistance has formed. However, against the extremely powerful Elizaveta, the upcoming battles will be full of strife and struggle. In the midst of the battle-ravaged Siren, a lone young man is found, with no records of him ever being teleported there. With only the prisoner girls at his side on Siren, that single young man begins to change the face of history…

https://www.lewdgamer.com/2015/08/09/valkyrie-drive-siren-story-character-details-revealed/

I don't think the character is gonna be relevant.

joined Mar 25, 2013

It won't be, until the game gets very popular and the anime is reasonably popular, gets a second season and they decide to use a male character for the MC. Not to mention the fanart will be a lot more with that male character than it would be if he wasn't introduced.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It won't be, until the game gets very popular and the anime is reasonably popular, gets a second season and they decide to use a male character for the MC. Not to mention the fanart will be a lot more with that male character than it would be if he wasn't introduced.

Nah, the disease that transforms girls into weapons only affects girls so the SI is only a mission control of sorts.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

With only the prisoner girls at his side on Siren, that single young man begins to change the face of history…

Obviously he changes the world, not the girls that can actually do shit. And he not being involved in the transformations doesn't mean he can't get all of the girls into his harem. I've seen anime before.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

With only the prisoner girls at his side on Siren, that single young man begins to change the face of history…

Obviously he changes the world, not the girls that can actually do shit. And he not being involved in the transformations doesn't mean he can't get all of the girls into his harem. I've seen anime before.

Yeah, all it takes is Word Of God to say "this is how it works now" and well, that's how it works now.

On another note, it's kinda sad I like the fanart way better than the official.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Can't wait for hentai doujins, eagerly awaiting to see a girl turn into a sword and fucking.
Shits gonna be amazing.

last edited at Oct 6, 2015 6:29PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Can't wait for hentai doujins, eagerly awaiting to see a girl turn into a sword and fucking.

Sounds scary... And painful.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, all it takes is Word Of God to say "this is how it works now" and well, that's how it works now.

Plus if he changes the world, who's to say that it doesn't end up being something like ending up that boy/girl partnership can happen, and not only that, but it's preferable to girl/girl ones. They really have no excuse of not using a girl as a main character besides that it'll bring them money.

It's like that because the official art is kind of ridiculous xD Over-exaggerated for the sake of fanservice and because why not.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I don't think the character is gonna be relevant.

He is the 'player' in the mobile game, probably very relevant. But at least Anime and Vita game are probably male free.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Shits gonna be amazing.

lbr, with something this fanservice-y all we're going to get is faceless rape and extreme fetish douijns. But Mirei and Mamori look really sweet on each other in most the promo material, so I'm hoping the girls get decent relationships with one another.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

lbr, with something this fanservice-y all we're going to get is faceless rape and extreme fetish douijns.

A series does not have to be fanservice-y to get a lot of faceless rape and fetish doujins, a lot of the series that get tons of yuri here have their share of that, believe it or not.

Problem actually is that for quite a while a lot of the new series that have strong subtext or actual yuri don't get many doujins, or at least nobody uploads if they even exist. So we basically rely on yuri doujin artist to do something...

last edited at Oct 6, 2015 11:24PM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

marimite got tons faceless rape doujins..........

last edited at Oct 7, 2015 2:49AM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

these hoe's aint loyal

joined Oct 12, 2013

A series does not have to be fanservice-y to get a lot of faceless rape and fetish doujins, a lot of the series that get tons of yuri here have their share of that, believe it or not.

Problem actually is that for quite a while a lot of the new series that have strong subtext or actual yuri don't get many doujins, or at least nobody uploads if they even exist. So we basically rely on yuri doujin artist to do something...

I know, I read most of it as well. fite me But fluffy shows get some fluffy doujins too, most ecchi/adult shows don't, if at all. Doujinshi and fanart tend to get more extreme from canon rather than less. The nearest thing to VD I can think of is Queen's Blade, and I'd advise against checking it out on exh if you're of a delicate constitution. Then again, Senran has a few decent ones, so maybe we'll be lucky?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

More fanart!

Now, in my experience doujins give you anything you can't find on the official material so considering what we know about Mermaid, we could get: Fluffy stuff, futa, het/yuri orgies.

For what is worth, the guy who did this

Is already working on a Doujin.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Funny enough some of the stronger recent yuri series do not. Yuru Yuri? Barely any. Sakura Trick? Neither. Yuri Bears? Haven't seen any big het doujin for them.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Funny enough some of the stronger recent yuri series do not. Yuru Yuri? Barely any. Sakura Trick? Neither. Yuri Bears? Haven't seen any big het doujin for them.

Don't see much yuri doujin of those either.. Yuru Yuri stuff doesn't seem to pop up so frequently nowadays. Sakura Trick barely had any (aside from that small collection/anthology we got here) only find 3 results in exhentai and 1 of has a bunch of faceless men. Yuri Bears barely even has any doujin (theres like what? 3? 4?).

I just wish there was yuri doujins for the recent stuff... One would actually expect that, pointlessly I guess.

last edited at Oct 7, 2015 5:07PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

One would actually expect that, pointlessly I guess.

Yuri is dead.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yuri is dead.

Yuri never lived.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri is dead.

Yuri never lived.

Because it died before it was even born!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Wow and here I though I was pretty negative.

Anyways, according to what little info I've found on message boards, the setting for Valkyrie Drive does have a lot of potential beyond the lesbian fest.

So we have the Exsters and the Liberators present on -Mermaid-, Siren follows the same concept but it adds an hybrid class on the form of the setting's antagonist. Being an Hybrid she can either wield an exster or becoming one.

The interesting thing is that Bhikkhuni's cast is composed entirely by hybrids. Beyond being a gameplay commodity (having the characters locked on a role would hurt the game) it sets an interesting twist on the setting. Bhikkhuni's island is the one where the girls infected with the virus learn to harness its power, Siren is depicted as being almost a concentration site and Mermaid is the only one to be considered "normal" until Mirei's arrival.

If the series does get a continuation where every character gets to meet, is gonna be very interesting to see how they react to each other.

joined Oct 12, 2013

Kinmoza definitely does.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Page for Episode 1 is up on the website!

Episode Staff:
Screenplay: Yosuke Kuroda
Storyboards: Hiraku Kaneko
Episode Director: Taiji Kawanishi
Animation Directors: Takehiro Miura, Shigeu Uchihara, Hideo Maru
http://valkyriedrive.jp/anime/story/?st=1

Awesome!

Bhikkhuni Tv ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Upa5vhhKno0

OP single cover

last edited at Oct 9, 2015 3:40AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.