Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yuri report for summer anime (that I watched):

Gakkou Gurashi stopped just short of outright stating that Mii likes girls and it seemed like she was dating Kei. On the other hand, she got less ship tease with the other girls than in the manga. And the manga was better

Symphogear had bits of HibiMiku and ShiraKiri in-between the ridiculous action, and minor ship tease between the remaining girls. As expected

Non Non Biyori is as it ever was; Hotaru has a crush on Koma-chan, but is content to be friends

And I hear something happened in Classroom Crisis?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

On my end:

Symphogear GX : AHEM Hyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa on screen kiss! they held hands and everything....IT COUNTS DAMN IT! Did Carol just Piccolo-Kami Elfnein?
Besides the married couple and sun/moon ships, who have scenes where they get extremely close and it's my headcanon that they kissed off-screen afterwards, it seems Chris and Maria seem to switch spots between who's getting ship-tease moments with Tsubasa and who takes care of the "kids". Best scene? dr. Ver's return Carol's was like "WTF?"

Himouto! Umaru-chan : I already mentioned it but Kyrie seems to like Umaru, similar to Hotaru towards Koma-chan from Non non, and Sylphynford seems strangely obsessed with Umaru.

Joukamachi no Dandelion : Karen is gay for Akane(might be mutual). Sacchan is probably gay for Hikari(probably mutual). Aoi killed the Code Geass jokes by not becoming king :/

Gakkou Gurashi : ditto the first line on Hylarn's post. I'm about to read the manga but I liked the all foreshadowing and the small changes in the opening and endings. I figured Megu-nee was dead around ep 2 and around ep 6 I honestly thought Kurumi was going to die Real spoilers btw.

Non non Biyori repeat : ditto Hylarn's post.

Gatchaman Crowds Insight : Hajime/Utsutsu, there's even a scene that implies they took a bath together...the rest is up to the imagination I guess. Got kinda boring with all the politics/social behavior stuff around the halfway mark and bishounen Gelsadra. Katze was hilarious.

Bikini Warriors : Yes there is yuri here but it's kinda ridiculous. The jokes are hit or miss, the last episode was amazing.

Wakaba girl : no yuri. Ok show.

Sore ga seiyuu : the girls are pretty close, Sayo likes Rin a lot. Lots of sparkles.

Danchigai : 1~8 eps are safe to watch. Not recommended.

Yes! I watched an unhealthy amount of anime this month =D....zzzzzzz....

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Did Carol just Piccolo-Kami Elfnein?

Carol absorbed Elfnein, but Elfnein is the dominant personality after fusing

Gatchaman Crowds Insight : Hajime/Utsutsu, there's even a scene that implies they took a bath together...the rest is up to the imagination I guess. Got kinda boring with all the politics/social behavior stuff around the halfway mark and bishounen Gelsadra. Katze was hilarious.

Huh. May have to to watch this one

I'm curious now, what happens later?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Did Carol just Piccolo-Kami Elfnein?

Carol absorbed Elfnein, but Elfnein is the dominant personality after fusing

It wasn't a serious question, I was just making another reference. I do wonder how this will play out on the next season, sounds fun!

Huh. May have to to watch this one

It's on 1 ep(8) and it's only for a few seconds but their bond is there and it's obvious...I'll just post a screenshot gimme a minute. here

I'm curious now, what happens later?

Ok, the 1st few episodes are standard cutesy Slice of life stuff but it devolves into a het-incest-harem-mess later on. I watched the 1st episode thinking it would throw that *** in but it didn't! so I kept watching...I guess I should've known better, I might have missed hints earlier since hetero-subtext goes over my head 91% of the time.

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 2:28AM

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

No mention of Dandelions weird incest subtext?

I know it's worse in the manga but those scenes still irk me like Akane feeling random jealousy towards Shu's love interest and Misakis LUST Personality asks Haruka to bang her

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's on 1 ep(8) and it's only for a few seconds but their bond is there and it's obvious

Okay, watched it now

...Man, insight didn't have much use for Utsutsu. Also about half of the returning cast, but Utsutsu was one I liked. Though Tsubasa ended being weirdly attached to Hajime as well

Watching it was kind of weird, since I had sort of the opposite reaction to it than I did the first season: I agree with the politics, but found it kind of dull, while the first season interested me but struck me as almost offensively naive

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 8:26AM

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

I don't know what you heared, but there is no yuri in Classroom Crisis, except the ED maybe^^. The potential yuri ship burned and sunk. In the final ep it ends with both girls falling for the guy, creating a triangle at the last moment

Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I don't know what you heared, but there is no yuri in Classroom Crisis, except the ED maybe^^. The potential yuri ship burned and sunk. In the final ep it ends with both girls falling for the guy, creating a triangle at the last moment

THANK GOD I STOPPED WATCHING SECOND EPISODE.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Really loved gatchaman i hope we get a movie and it was really insightful kek .

last edited at Sep 27, 2015 11:36AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

so permanent fusion is marriage in steven universe?

joined Feb 15, 2013

I can't quite figure out why I am possibly the only one in this universe really enjoyed the yuri fan-service in Illya Prisma...

Like i know that there is that whole mana charging things that required them to kiss. And it's obviously fan-service so many will think less of it to begin with. But unlike random panty shot, or accidental boobs grabs or the like, their making-out were very mutually sensual and passionate. And their whole body gestures during those kissing screens (arms, thighs and legs) were also very affectionately sexual in nature.

The two also were definitely close enough for this to actually bloom into proper relationship. Not to mention, when they grow old enough, their relationship probably will turn to full sexual in nature anyway. So there is more chances of them actually turned to full couple because of it.

And with all of the budget went into animation, I don't think there will be a better animation of girls kissing in near future.I means honestly, if I got all the time in the world to make the best yuri smut screen that I can, I don't think I could easily top what was showed in there

last edited at Sep 30, 2015 1:52PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The two also were definitely close enough for this to actually bloom into proper relationship. Not to mention, when they grow old enough, their relationship probably will turn to full sexual in nature anyway. So there is more chances of them actually turned to full couple because of it.

It is highly unlikely that anything like that would ever happen.
Such a waste.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Oh, yeah, the completly onesided "Forcing yourself on others" will totally turn into a PROPER RELATIONSHIP

lol

joined Dec 16, 2013

because i hate the fact that real yuri anime is DEAD! and get replaced by fanservice...
even yuri hime moving away from yuri....becoming more like kirara.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga_Time_Kirara
and mainly FALSE HOPE!!

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 8:57AM

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

why isn't there any yuri anime this season with the exception of fate/Illya Prisma and Hibike euphonium. Although, hibike is undertones of yuri not even fully fucking yuri. Just give me a couple of good yuri anime Japan, that have development of character and relationship, I would be happy. Is THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well uh... we are getting this one soon, next season, starts the 10th of October.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCC4Dt21nak

lol...

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Anime was a mistake........

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Well uh... we are getting this one soon, next season, starts the 10th of October.

lol...

I just watched the trailer and I can see that the focus of this anime is boobs mixed in with swords and fight scences for whatever reason. I just want a normal anime, just make fluttering feelings into an anime and I would be happy. But, instead we get yuri that have big boobs mixed in with action. so it can sell to a wider audience aka teenagers.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

lol...

I just watched the trailer and I can see that the focus of this anime is boobs mixed in with swords and fight scences for whatever reason. I just want a normal anime, just make fluttering feelings into an anime and I would be happy. But, instead we get yuri that have big boobs mixed in with action. so it can sell to a wider audience aka teenagers.

Very unlikely for a webcomic(?) like Fluttering Feelings to get an anime, specially it not being by japanese.

Valkyrie Drive may be appealing to a vast majority, but it did not have to be yuri at all, neither does it need it. The creator wanted it (hes done stuff with subtext in the past, some of which I hear are pretty decent despite the fanservice).

On my end I am kinda eager about this, since it has a chance of delivering yuri and not being centered around samey-repetitive romance-drama... I much prefer seeing massive boobs bouncing, fanservice, crazy swords, explosions, and all that shit WITH YURI instead.

Tho last anime like that was Akuma no Riddle, but was basically crap all around.

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

Very unlikely for a webcomic(?) like Fluttering Feelings to get an anime, specially it not being by japanese.

Valkyrie Drive may be appealing to a vast majority, but it did not have to be yuri at all, neither does it need it. The creator wanted it (hes done stuff with subtext in the past, some of which I hear are pretty decent despite the fanservice).

On my end I am kinda eager about this, since it has a chance of delivering yuri and not being centered around samey-repetitive romance-drama... I much prefer seeing massive boobs bouncing, fanservice, crazy swords, explosions, and all that shit WITH YURI instead.

I know FF can never be an anime it being Korean manga but something similar would be nice. I will try and watch Valkyrie Drive cause of the yuri. I like action anime that do action well such as gangsta and psycho pass. I just hate fan service of boobs bouncing and panty shots it irritates me greatly. Its wasted resources on animating a scene where the girls boobs bounce, for the sole purpose of having jerking off material.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

since ya mention gangsta...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgZr4X0WhzU

joined Feb 15, 2013

Oh, yeah, the completly onesided "Forcing yourself on others" will totally turn into a PROPER RELATIONSHIP

What you said is not true through.

"Force yourself on others" kissing do happen. Between Kuro and Miyu in first few early chapter. And as seen, their relationship do not progress much since. Same toward the rest of their classmates.

Kuro and Illya however were different through with their bond do grow with every episode. Illya is also showed to get turned on by the kiss (like during the OVA) and allow other pervert things to do on her, despite Kuro full sexual advance sometime. You can blame that Illya was pressured into it, but legally Kuro is allowed to as it's necessary for her survival. Then of course there is the threaten of Kuro on Miyu, but she never went to Miyu or anyone else for the mana charging, didn't she?

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 12:13AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

Shirou still exist!

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Shirou still exist!

But he's not quite relevant through. At least so far in the anime.

I guess he's sorta the Gary Tsu of the franchise where the author needed to put him in just to keep the series relevant. From outsider POV through (me), I think he isn't much different to a male version of Leys

last edited at Oct 1, 2015 8:20AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

go read the manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.