Forum › Passion discussion

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Yup, I also feel the Nozomi x Nico strong in this universe

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

I always love the situations where one half of the couple blames their actions - often lustfulness unbecoming of their typical behavior - on the cuteness of the other half.

Top%20tier
joined May 13, 2015

this one is really good. I like it a lot

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I can see now why UmiEli is also shippable. I kinda like it too :>
Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me how everyone can be a pair in the LL fandom.

Yes I agree. Gotta ship em all!

915575_1496803017200236_52644270_n
joined Mar 15, 2014

eri x umi is the best. love them

Shitsurakuen%202
joined May 15, 2011

Where did Eli x Umi come from anyway? From what I remember from the anime they didn't have any particularly shippy scenes together.

I remember seeing it was one of the most popular back in early 2011 shortly after Snow Halation was released. Most people just shipped back then depending on how cute the characters looked together or on who they danced with in pvs.

Of all the ships that were popular back then, EriUmi is one of the few, if not the only one (besides the ones currently seen as the 'big' ships) that managed to actually stay popular over time despite the anime / SID releases making those certain other ships far more accepted (rip NicoEri)

Basically, the singles had many EliUmi moments, but when the anime came along, it kind of disregarded the interactions and relations the characters had prior in the singles, thus making the old ships sink and many EliUmi shippers sad (me being one of them). Let me tell you, as a fan of Love Live since the beginning, it was disappointing to watch the anime because they seemed to have made the anime separate from the singles (even though they've referenced it).
One of the ships that actually transfered over from the singles to the anime is NicoMaki.

joined Jul 29, 2015

I cannot say I agree with a statement implying that any particular ship has been sunk. The creators of canon content appear to have taken deliberate steps to avoid canonizing any pairing, no matter how popular. Are there parings to which are pandered more often than others? Probably. They also appear to have their fingers on the pulse of their fan base and gear their ship pandering towards what they interpret as being currently popular. But depending on the strength of one's shipping goggles, a fan of girl x can certainly gather sufficient evidence to pair them with girl y. That is actually one of my favorite things about the Love Live franchise as a whole; any pair is possible.

For some reason, I think this whole setting and especially how the two of them interacted, would have fit a story about Eri x Nozomi better.
I felt like Eri acted a little out of character, making me believe that if the roles switched from the Eri in this doujin to Nozomi and Umi to the "usual" Eri, it would have been better.

Well, I liked it nonetheless, but I still felt like saying that.

In the anime they do mention how Eli has a very awkward and shy side to her unable to admit her true feelings. I do think though that it would fit her anime personality more if she got angry and distant instead of weepy. However, peoples personalities can change when they're in love.

ElixUmi is a wonderful ship either way♥

I cannot say I agree with a statement implying that any particular ship has been sunk. The creators of canon content appear to have taken deliberate steps to avoid canonizing any pairing, no matter how popular. Are there parings to which are pandered more often than others? Probably. They also appear to have their fingers on the pulse of their fan base and gear their ship pandering towards what they interpret as being currently popular. But depending on the strength of one's shipping goggles, a fan of girl x can certainly gather sufficient evidence to pair them with girl y. That is actually one of my favorite things about the Love Live franchise as a whole; any pair is possible.

There are a few pairing that are a bit of a stretch and one very popular one that I don't understand at all is Kotori x Umi. There is no evidence for it. At least with ElixUmi we know Umi liked Eli a lot and greatly looked up to her. They were also shown to be a bit closer a couple of times.

As for the series, yes. They definitely did not make any of them canon on purpose mostly because if they made the series canon yuri it would lose a lot of its targeted demographic, Seinen.

last edited at Sep 6, 2015 12:52PM

joined Jul 29, 2015

There is no evidence for it.

I must stand by my prior statement; any pair is possible. If someone likes a particular pairing, they will find the evidence for it, even if others can not, or choose not to, see it.

last edited at Sep 6, 2015 12:57PM

Ohhh this is amazing~ <3

joined May 24, 2015

I love LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE the art, beautiful! Everything about this is beautiful! --cries---

Redsea2
joined Jun 2, 2015

So much emotion captured by the artwork. It's amazing.

Hope we get that missing book soon.

Basically, the singles had many EliUmi moments, but when the anime came along, it kind of disregarded the interactions and relations the characters had prior in the singles, thus making the old ships sink and many EliUmi shippers sad (me being one of them). Let me tell you, as a fan of Love Live since the beginning, it was disappointing to watch the anime because they seemed to have made the anime separate from the singles (even though they've referenced it).
One of the ships that actually transfered over from the singles to the anime is NicoMaki.

Couldn't agree anymore. I'm also as a fan of EriUmi from the beginning kinda feel disappointed especially with the 2nd season of the anime and it made most of the shippers forcefully swayed to NozoEri's ship. Nonetheless, I'm glad I stay strong and found out so many great artists, doujins and fan arts of EriUmi just enough to make me a proud EriUmi shipper~

last edited at Sep 8, 2015 7:31AM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

These two works are absolutely amazing. Hopefully we can get the 2nd book soon ;)

I initially went into LL hell already knowing what the popular ships were before watching the anime. It was almost as though Dynasty was getting overloaded with LL and I though I might as well give this thing a try. (I actually started out playing the game).

After watching the first season I was confused because what I saw was different to what I expected in terms of character X character interactions for a lot of pairings. One of these pairings was EliUmi. I saw more of that than EliNozomi. I saw more EliNozomi in the 2nd season and I really liked it but not enough to rule out EliUmi. This pairing was still fairly strong and its dynamic really made more of an impression on me. I too don't get why some of the ships are made but shippers will ship regardless if there might be a strong argument against it.

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

The way to salvation from idol hell is to ship all of the ships

Come, little lost lambs, let me guide you to Nirvana

(hides devil tail)

last edited at Sep 9, 2015 6:48AM

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

So super sweet! I love it immensely. Just gorgeous and romantic simplicity. ^_^

Dr_afcatele
joined Aug 15, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/passion#11
Oh my.

I really like the next page bottom left picture:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/passion#12
Umi with a drop, which could mean she was -this time!- totally aware of what Eli said, and so Umi, embarrassed, was just faking clueless.

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

This is too ooc for me. Beside that, their personalities are so alike and inconsistent, it's like I'm reading selfcest.

Riko
joined Sep 24, 2015

It always feels weird seeing Nozomi give Eli advice about dating one of the other µ's members, haha.
Where did Eli x Umi come from anyway? From what I remember from the anime they didn't have any particularly shippy scenes together.

I think it came from the first season when Umi learned that Eli used to be a ballet dancer when she was young and tried to recruit her. I think that one episode saw potential and some fans just boarded that ship :)

Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I think at this point I can ship any LL characters together and be pretty content with it. I used to be all hardcore nicoxmaki but I think after seeing so many pairings here its endless. I welcome LL hell.

I think I really like this paring because both characters have a lot of passion and dedication with everything they do, it's easy to ship them. They do have basic differences though, Eli has the confidence that Umi lacks because she hides it through her shyness. Eli can be shy but she can get past it easier. For me, seeing these two together really isn't like selfcest at all.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I kinda hate that whole "don't cry over a misunderstanding" nonsense when you're the one who's been neglecting your girlfriend. Way to lay the blame on the one you're hurting Umi.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Aw Q_Q Where is NSFW part? We totally need NSFW part here full of tenderness, love and passion between these two :c I want agressive Umi and lots of kissing geez where is it It must be somewhere q_q

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Should've added tag Implied Hot Lesbian Lewd Sexual Intercourse

Profileaavatar
joined Mar 22, 2016

Love EliUmi!

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I'm a nozoeli kind of guy, but it's hard not to love Umi!

To reply you must either login or sign up.