Forum › My Little Red Riding Hood discussion

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

mrrr, daydreams are good C:<

joined Oct 10, 2014

Kazuki is rather the real wolf here, as well as how she is a coward herself. Author actually hinted it in the last panels.

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

A little too cliche for me. "She can never know about all the things I want to do to her..." is something I've heard way too many times, I can't handle it anymore.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Who's the coward now.... >:3

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

Short but good read ' '

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

This neeeeeds a sequel, I can't be satisfied with things ending like that >.<

joined Jul 17, 2013

Shamalanmanom

what

Aaaa%20(2)
joined Aug 1, 2015

Shamalanmanom

what

An important contribution.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So, what is preventing Kazuki to tell HER feelings to Mio? Isn't she being just as much of a coward?

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Yes, pretty much unless she has a change of heart and gobbles her up. Or is that "wolfs her down"?

Also, your Muteki Kanban Musume profile pic is great!

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Ahhh. Thank you, Phil. Finally somebody who notices!

Wolfsister%20cara
joined Feb 10, 2013

woah

Same.

+1
Instant Fav for me. :D

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

I want to savage her.
Isn't it ravage?

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

What TsundereChan said.

Also on page four, second panel, maybe "what is it that I really love." should be "what it is that I really love."

Edit: It's a Wildrose story without an actual sex scene, but only an imagined sex scene. Have we seen that before?

last edited at Sep 6, 2015 11:30PM

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Isn't it ravage?

No, if you look carefully the letter curls right around both ways. It's an S.

what is it that I really love

This is an actual mistake and we can hopefully correct that.

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

That took the breath out of me. goooOood shit mmhm.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Isn't it ravage?

No, if you look carefully the letter curls right around both ways. It's an S.

That doesn't really make much sense though. "I want to savage her" or at least it's the first time I've seen it used instead of ravage.

In any case, I can see Kazuki be impatient and jump her senpai when she backs off the next time, or at least she'd say 'coward' to her face.

last edited at Sep 7, 2015 1:15PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"Savaging someone" is actually a real phrase though, meaning viciously attack them. So it kinda works here, although so uncommon compared to "ravage" as to make it look weird.

joined Mar 25, 2013

"Savaging someone" is actually a real phrase though, meaning viciously attack them. So it kinda works here, although so uncommon compared to "ravage" as to make it look weird.

So I gathered, I doubt she'd mean that she'd attack her as to wound/kill though, and ravage is more used in the sexual sense as portrayed in her imagination of what she would do to her.

Honeyview_190197%20(3)
joined Dec 16, 2013

Love the internet.

Just do it.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Yesterday you said tomorrow.

Nothing is impossible.

Don't dream it; be it.

Seriously, love it.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I doubt she'd mean that she'd attack her as to wound/kill though

Like the way a wolf might attack and eat its prey, you're saying

joined Mar 25, 2013

I doubt she'd mean that she'd attack her as to wound/kill though

Like the way a wolf might attack and eat its prey, you're saying

Yeah, it's pretty obvious it's in the sexual sense so I don't see why the translators went with 'savage' instead of 'ravage'

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Ya know, I love this style...most especially because it's such a foreign and unusual form of storytelling you will almost never see this side of the Pacific. There is no real opening, there is no real closing. You get just pure cake, not the mouse or filling.

Minor note here too...whether or not a word exists doesn't particularly matter. The issue is whether or not your choice of verbiage is the best possible way to convey your meaning. If the former was a real problem, no one would have gone to any of Shakespeare's plays. It's the main reason the language is so difficult, beyond the 'everything is an exception' rule...a very small proportion of even the most intelligent, schooled, and native speakers can legitimately claim mastery of it...and even they always have something they should be working on.

My guess is that savage seemed like a better choice since it evokes a more 'beastly' and 'wild' connotation, similar to a wolf. People usually ravage, beasts usually savage. Although a fair and informed argument could be made about either word.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I don't see why the translators went with 'savage' instead of 'ravage'

You know, I suspected you didn't know who I was.

I will say, I deliberately chose "savage" over the more clichéd "ravage" so I suppose it's cool that a debate has sprung up specifically about that.

last edited at Sep 7, 2015 10:45PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.