Forum › Any Asian Girl Band Ships ?

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

So I have been wondering for a while , because I hear a lot about Asian girl bands (could be Korean or Japanese it doesn't matter). With so many girls in the bands (I know relationships are prohibited) but do you guys know of any ship or pair names of any of the girls where you might of seen "over friendly" interactions ? I have been itching to find ships or pairs but to tell you the truth I don't listen to K or J-pop anymore soooooo I am completely lost. If you guys have some ships please tell e I am on girl band spree today and I am looking on some pairs (dont judge I saw a tumblr post of a girl band acting over friendly and I was like "HOHO!! who are they!!?"

last edited at Sep 3, 2015 11:42PM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Don't ship real people, guys. It's creepy.

joined Jan 30, 2013

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? what about like in movies or tv show? I thought it was a common thing to ship people who you thought looked good together? whaaaaaaaaa :0. Though half of the people I ship are usually already canon lel

But yeah what's the difference? D: A

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

To me I don't think it's that big a deal to ship real people as long as it doesn't go overboard. Like Ushio said, it's just nice to see good looking people together. Their public personas are just that. We don't know much about their personal lives or their real personalities. We just know what they want to show us and so they become characters themselves.

It just becomes a problem when people become disillusioned into thinking it's real. Of course there's times I hope all that teasing means something more, but I don't go all batshit crazy on their personal instagrams going "____ IS REAL!!!" And threatening celebrities' actual bf/gf for ruining the ship. Just keep it to the imagination and it's all good.

Anyway back to original question, I haven't shipped real people in a while, but was really into AKB48 (TakaAcchan) and SNSD ships (Taeny, Taeri). Hard to ship Takamina and Acchan now since Acchan graduated. I don't follow AKB anymore but I'm sure there's still a lot of cute flirting going on in there. SNSD shippers got too crazy for me. The fanfic for SNSD was great though. Some really great writing in the fandom, but gotta wade through a lot of bad ones to find them. I think MomoTamai from Momoiro Clover Z is super cute.

Hmm what else... I just recently got into kpop band EXID from some tumblr posts talking about how gay Hani is, but I don't ship her with anyone. I think lately instead of having a specific ship within a band, I just end up shipping the idea that "so and so is a flaming homo".

If you guys have some ships please tell e I am on girl band spree today and I am looking on some pairs (dont judge I saw a tumblr post of a girl band acting over friendly and I was like "HOHO!! who are they!!?"

Haha I'm curious about the post and band XD

joined May 23, 2015

I... don't really listen to much music which that kind of thing would apply to. Outside of seiyuu stuff.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

But what about my ship that involves 2 me's, a girl me and Malcolm Reynolds?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The whole debate about RPS (Real People Slash) isn't a new one, I remember discussions about it 15 years ago and it wasn't even a new thing then.

For my money, it rides the edge of stalker behaviour just a little too much with the fantasizing about people's private lives. To me at least it overlaps with tabloid dirt-digging, which I'm not a fan of either. It's definitely different from shipping live-action TV and movie characters since you're shipping the characters, not the actors. It's when you start getting into what they do when the cameras go off and they're off the clock that it gets a bit into creepy territory.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Humm...it's getting too nosy for me, I mean, yes some people look nice together or something,but it's so much hassle...I barely have energy to ship fictional characters,and when the time is right, myself with a real person,so ain't nobody got time for that!!

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

NO ITS NOT

last edited at Sep 4, 2015 10:45AM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

NO ITS NOT

It can be, well overshipping fictional chars and having a bedroom with posters and the like can be creepy too...anything on an extreme can be creepy.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Doesn't news reporter from hollywood ''ship'' people all the time?

joined Jan 30, 2013

Humm...it's getting too nosy for me, I mean, yes some people look nice together or something,but it's so much hassle...I barely have energy to ship fictional characters,and when the time is right, myself with a real person,so ain't nobody got time for that!!

Hahaha your telling me hahaha why do you think I asked for other people's opinion ? Lol I'm too lazy to look hat stuff up.

Back to the other topics, I thought girl bands were acting in character? Like don't they all assume some type of Character role ?
Anyways to tell you the truth this is the first times I've heard that shipping famous people is actually a weird thing. Now don't get me wrong I don't know the weird shit people do out there. But all I wanted was to see some "obvious" shipping. Not some "let's look at every private detail of their life's and stalk them!!" (Seriously who even does that O.O)
1) I ain't about that life
2) quote "nobody got time for that"
3) I'm not that type of person overall lmao
I mean I've seen like plenty of girl bands that even act flirty on purpose lol
Regardless if this is an uncomfortable subject for you guys I understand after all we all humans, we expiriance different emotions and have our own personal rules.
Again people, shipping actors not people down the street. Nor my dog Alice with my cat Lucas. But yes don't worry ok? This isn't about creep shit xD

last edited at Sep 4, 2015 10:58AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Guuuuuys can we just all agree we are normal healthy shippers ? ;.;
Not creepers.
Hehe that rhymed lol
But seriously D: there's a difference between being a stalker/ creep and a person who just ships every now and then. Just ships actors/ famous people -.-.
I ship Jolie and Brad Pit they are already a couple but hey they are a great pair to see when ever you hear about them u.u

last edited at Sep 4, 2015 11:03AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

And news reporters from Hollywood are definitely on the creepy, stalkery side of things.

joined Jan 30, 2013

And news reporters from Hollywood are definitely on the creepy, stalkery side of things.

Hahahahahaha poor news reporters xD

joined Jan 30, 2013

But what about my ship that involves 2 me's, a girl me and Malcolm Reynolds?

LMAO

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I think it's fine to put this person and that person together and say they look like a cute couple and they should get together. People do this all the time. It gets on the creeper side when you write fanfics about them and start pasting your walls with photo-shopped pics of them lol.

As for the topic itself, I've seen comments about Sunny and Yuri (I think) from SNSD (Girl's Generation) being shipped, and supposedly actually being a couple.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I ship myself with my clone. Totally not creepy. Honest.

last edited at Sep 4, 2015 11:52AM

joined Jan 30, 2013

I think it's fine to put this person and that person together and say they look like a cute couple and they should get together. People do this all the time. It gets on the creeper side when you write fanfics about them and start pasting your walls with photo-shopped pics of them lol.

As for the topic itself, I've seen comments about Sunny and Yuri (I think) from SNSD (Girl's Generation) being shipped, and supposedly actually being a couple.

I'll check them out :D
Thank you :)

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

I ship mysekf with my clone. Totally not creepy. Honest.

Honest question: Does that count as masturbation?

joined Jan 30, 2013

I ship myself with my clone. Totally not creepy. Honest.

I just want to let you know that you made my day lmao
Seriously where do you guys come up with this stuff xD

joined Jan 30, 2013

Isn't it like selfscest ? Or something ?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nope. She can do things I can't.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

It's called narcissism.

joined Jan 30, 2013

It's called narcissism.

Oooh I see, you'll have to forgive me. Sometimes I hear of words that aren't in my vocabulary or that I simply I haven't heard off. You learn something new everyday.
Thanks lol
Wait the. What's selfcest? O.O

last edited at Sep 4, 2015 12:04PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.