Forum › Yuri in other Media (list in first post)

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Being gay doesn't make you better writer lol. I'd be a best-selling novelist if that was the case. xD

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Yeah, but you'd think he'd be less of a dick about it.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Lito's fake-girlfriend is a fujoshi! hahaha I love it.

Lol
She's hot as hell tho.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

She really is. Riley is pretty cute and Nomi and Aminita make a really cute couple too.

Seriously, this is like one of the best scifi-ish series ever. I could fangirl about for quite a while and I'm only 4 eps it!

last edited at Aug 30, 2015 12:16AM

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Wholeheartedly agree on Sense8, definitely one of my favorite series ever.

Also, it's been a while since I watched it, but isn't Liam supposed to be the sensitive straight guy?

Nah, he's just there to have sex with lesbians.

joined Jan 21, 2015

I personally read the Faking It recaps on Autostraddle; I am kind of curious as to how much more messy it will become, but not enough to actually watch the trainwreck myself. All their back-and-forth on Amy's sexuality in interviews and onscreen really isn't helping IMO.

Just remembered another lesbian TV show, Exes and Ohs. I don't think it's been mentioned here before. It's short (two seasons, 13 episodes in total) and I only have vague recollections of the first season but I think I enjoyed it. If I'm remembering it right it was meant to be more on the comedy side. I really don't think it was very high on the lesbian melodrama scale, in any case, or I would've checked out very quickly.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yeah my expectations for season 2b were super shot when I first watched the trailers for it, but I think that's how Faking It is supposed to be watched anyway. Low expectations so I won't pop a blood vessel when watching it.

Ah well, we shall see. Mtv trailers are always super trashy anyway.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Don't know how relevant this question is to the thread, but anyone know any forum that people go over to discuss yuri fanfic, subtext shipping and such?

I tried fanfiction.net. But the yuri community and yuri-related discussion there almost non-existent

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Here. We pretty much talk about everything yiri related. :)

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ep 5, I have to wonder if the German guy really stood nude in front of all those Indians lol.

last edited at Aug 30, 2015 1:56PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Finished the first episode of Exes & Ohs, seems pretty promising.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This show is so intense. It's not good for my poor fingernails lol.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I love to watch skinny Korean girl beating up all the bad guys =D

last edited at Aug 31, 2015 7:43AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm watching Crownies right now and it's pretty good. No Janet King's wife as of yet but I really hope Tatum and Conrad becomes a thing.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Another interesting book: Demons of Heaven: the Horned Ones, by I.S. Neko.
It's about this young girl who grew up in a family of pugilists wanting freedom from slavery. The girl, Kimberly catches the attention of a nobleborn warrioress and is taken as a slave, only to be given her freedom and a place in the woman's heart.

I haven't finished it yet, but it's really cute and sweet so far.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I really like Crownies. Awesome characters.
I haven't even started Janet King yet but I know some spoilers and Janet better drop her wife for Erin in Season 2.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Grimm did the whole monster of the week thing and Nick's girlfriend was 10x more annoying than Lauren.

Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Monster of the week make me think of Buffy, I miss Willow x Tara...

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Kinda sucks how Janet King makes you choose between a really healthy and loving relationship with her wife or the relationship with Erin that everyone wants to happen. I lowkey don't want Ash and Janet to break up but I smile everytime Janet and Erin have a scene together and kinda really want them to marry. Let's see what Season 2 has to offer in the Erin x Janet department.... probably nothing :/

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 1:20PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Why do British lawyers and stuff still wear wigs? It's really odd. May try the show after I finish Sense8.

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^Australian lawyers

last edited at Sep 2, 2015 1:55PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Oh, lawyers in England don't do that anymore?

Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I think they still do. I just thought you meant the Crownies cast.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Lawyers in england have not done this for near a hundred years, judges have mostly stopped doing this too.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Lawyers in england have not done this for near a hundred years, judges have mostly stopped doing this too.

Ah, thank you for that. :)

To reply you must either login or sign up.