Forum › Fangames

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I want to try some Touhou fangames but there is so many. Do you have any advice?

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014
Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Riverbed Soul Saver and Mystical Power Plant are pretty good

joined Mar 25, 2013

Yoyou Kengeki Musou is nice as well.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I have a fondness for Mystical chains myself. Art is great, gameplay is fun and boss fight can be hard. I recommend playing with a pad, though, feels more comfortable.

Here's a boss fight, to see how it goes : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehBfcBrkB9o

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

If you like platformers you should try Nitroid. It's fairly difficult and heavily puzzle based (and pretty heavily platformer based in the secret world too) but it's actually quite decent in my opinion other than a few flaws. There's also Marisa and Alice's Trap Tower which is along the same lines. (And by the same dev team too.) It's a bit more polished mechanically than Nitroid.

Edit: Right, this forum doesn't use bbcode, lol.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 8:20AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

If you like platformers you should try Nitroid. It's fairly difficult and heavily puzzle based (and pretty heavily platformer based in the secret world too) but it's actually quite decent in my opinion other than a few flaws. There's also Marisa and Alice's Trap Tower which is along the same lines. (And by the same dev team too.) It's a bit more polished mechanically than Nitroid.

Edit: Right, this forum doesn't use bbcode, lol.

For the MariAli game you should play the first one too, since they're kind of connected (plus Alice has a crush on Marisa in those)

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Alice always has a crush on Marisa. And they're pretty nice but I can only play Touhou games in 'easy'. :( Thanks for the advice.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Well, what kinds of games are you looking for? Shoot-em-ups like the original games, RPGs, visual novels?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Mostly RPG's. 'Cause there are enough bullet-hells. And some Visual Novel.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 7:11PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Mostly RPG's. 'Cause there are enough bullet-hells. And some Visual Novel.

The Genius of Sappheiros, Gensou Shoujo Taisen, and Sengoku Gensokyo are all fairly well thought of. And translated

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

For the MariAli game you should play the first one too, since they're kind of connected (plus Alice has a crush on Marisa in those)

True, but the first one is also far more difficult. It's one of the very few games that the LPer whose videos I linked never beat. He was able to beat both Nitroid and Trap Tower including their secret worlds but ended up dropping MariAri on the last level after weeks of no progress.

Edit: Speaking of that lper does this happen to be the same Telamon from his forums?

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 8:03PM

joined Mar 25, 2013

True, but the first one is also far more difficult. It's one of the very few games that the LPer whose videos I linked never beat. He was able to beat both Nitroid and Trap Tower including their secret worlds but ended up dropping MariAri on the last level after weeks of no progress.

Edit: Speaking of that lper does this happen to be the same Telamon from his forums?

No? Probably not, haven't heard of him so.

I don't remember beating the first one but it didn't seem too bad. Who knows. I'm trying to play the 15th game of the official ones xD Gotta say, I'm still a noob cause I only like homing (Reimu, Sanae)

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 9:17PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

No? Probably not, haven't heard of him so.

Figured as much but I'd been curious for awhile, lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.