Forum › Bokura no Hentai discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ryou's grandma sure wants great-grandkids, doesn't she?

If Ryou is serious about Marika (and there's no reason he would not be), she's going to be disappointed.

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

I have no idea what that last omake is about or who those people are but yaaay super smash bros.

Tomochi is the boy who used to crossdress and is interested in Marika. Tomochi's older sister is the girl who encouraged Marika to go see a doctor. The tall girl is the girl she told Marika about as a way to encourage her to see a doctor sooner rather than later.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Actually, It's understandable that Yoshino's case is confusing a lot of people. Because the reasons she wants to be a boy are not really clear. Saori points out that she's just like any other girl, getting excited over a confession from a boy. She does not have the mind of a boy. She just wants to look like one. Up til highschool, she's aromantic and asexual. She says she wants a dick, but for what purpose? It's not because she wants to fuck a girl. To be more like a boy, so she doesn't feel like betraying Shuu? She's really indecisive. If anything, I'd say she's practically intersexual in her mind, somewhere in the middle of the road. In the end, Yoshino's choices may all revolve around Shuu. When she gives up on Shuu and so on her desire to be a boy, she "settles" for her genetic gender and cries, because it's the only thing that connected her to Shuu. She's not cured, she just grows up.

sexual orientation and gender identity are separated things.
example shuu

last edited at Aug 7, 2015 8:47AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mako-chan is the counter-example. S/he's the same as Shuu, except s/he's attracted to males. Or Yuki-chan. We even have an example of an het crossdresser in Ebina-san.

Hourou Musuko shows a lot of different cases, for the sake of the story anyway.

In the words of Anna, does that mean Shuu is a lesbian? Probably the occurence of "homosexuality" in transgenders is the same as in the general population, though I have a hunch (with no basis whatsoever except my intuition) that they tend to be somewhat more heteronormative. But I could be mistaken, because I never read any statistics about this

joined Dec 16, 2013

Mako-chan is the counter-example. S/he's the same as Shuu, except s/he's attracted to males. Or Yuki-chan. We even have an example of an het crossdresser in Ebina-san.

and the only maybe lesbian character .....

In the words of Anna, does that mean Shuu is a lesbian? Probably the occurence of "homosexuality" in transgenders is the same as in the general population, though I have a hunch (with no basis whatsoever except my intuition) that they tend to be somewhat more heteronormative. But I could be mistaken, because I never read any statistics about this

not the same at all too complex according to wiki at least.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just loving all the PIDOOMA trans talk here. It's a sight to see.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not helpful.

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

Not helpful.

lol, ''shut up mod, unless you have something to say''

''what do you mean, you HAVE to read all of this?''

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Not helpful.

lol, ''shut up mod, unless you have something to say''

''what do you mean, you HAVE to read all of this?''

I don't know everything. I just know what I know.

So if someone knows, I'm all ears.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Care to point any examples? So far all they said was pretty accurate to me. Sorry, but if all you have to say is "you are wrong" without giving any arguments, then please don't bother or you will come out as arrogant "I'm always right" kind of person and no one likes them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Care to point any examples? So far all they said was pretty accurate to me. Sorry, but if all you have to say is "you are wrong" without giving any arguments, then please don't bother or you will come out as arrogant "I'm always right" kind of person and no one likes them.

Sure, this for instance is bullshit:

She does not have the mind of a boy. She just wants to look like one. Up til highschool, she's aromantic and asexual. She says she wants a dick, but for what purpose? It's not because she wants to fuck a girl.

A trans dude is still a fucking trans dude even if he doesn't want to have het sex, or any sex at all.

The use of "transgenders" (which isn't a word in the first place) is seriously looked down upon in the trans community. "Transgender" isn't a noun.

The whole thing about heteronormativity is admitted as being without actual basis, although one might suggest that trans people are largely forced into such roles by the medical establishment and society in general which makes it dangerous not to.

The whole linking of sexual preference to gender identity is BS in the first place. It doesn't really have a bearing on the matter. I'm not even sure why, in the phrase " Probably the occurence of "homosexuality" in transgenders is the same as in the general population..." is in scare quotes, given yes, if a trans woman loves only women *they're genuinely homosexual.

There's definitely stuff without basis going on, and a good deal of insensitivity besides. HOWEVER, I'm only posting this much because I've been asked to, and I don't want to get into an extended argument about this stuff. Honestly, we shouldn't be going on about Hourou Musuko in the first place given it's a Bokura no Hentai discussion. So that said, I'll leave my position as such and others can have the last word if they so desire.

joined Mar 18, 2013

As a trans woman, I agree there's a lot of ass-pulling about trans people from cis people in here. But from hundreds of previous experiences, there's really no point in expending energy, time and effort to correct and educate. Nobody really listens, and tend to consider themselves greater experts on our lives than us since they thought really hard about it for ten minutes. Sorry I'm being negative, but maybe that's an education in how it's like being a trans woman in daily life.

I could say one thing though. Trans women are women. That means a trans woman exclusively attracted to women (cis or trans) is a lesbian. Similarly for straight and bi.

Edit: Nezchan deserves some gold stars though. Thanks Nez.

last edited at Aug 7, 2015 5:32PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Edit: Nezchan deserves some gold stars though. Thanks Nez.

I'd rather a bottle full of konpeito, maybe cheaper than gold? Definitely tastier.

last edited at Aug 7, 2015 5:38PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's ironic that it's the moderator that made this thread derail. Because previous conversation about Hourou Musuko was totally relevant to Bokura No Hentai.

Anyway, I've seriously got the feeling to be looked down upon here. Not that I care in the end, but I'm disappointed. That's exactly why I avoid LGBT communities in my area. Some of them are full of it. Like being the way they are makes them special and nobody can understand them. I also wouldn't be caught dead in any kind of pride. There's nothing to be proud of about being yourself.

But that's just me. Everyone do what they want. If you want to carry a flag to war, be my guest.

When people ask me why I like women, I can at least give them an honest answer and hope they understand. My identity is not at stake. If they don't understand, well, it helped me too to put it into words. My win.

And Nez, I don't hate you or anything, like you said on irc. How could I hate someone I don't even know or even interacted with that much? Can't say I especially like you either. More like indifferent. gallic shrug

Honest.

last edited at Aug 7, 2015 7:35PM

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

Actually, It's understandable that Yoshino's case is confusing a lot of people. Because the reasons she wants to be a boy are not really clear. Saori points out that she's just like any other girl, getting excited over a confession from a boy. She does not have the mind of a boy. She just wants to look like one. Up til highschool, she's aromantic and asexual. She says she wants a dick, but for what purpose? It's not because she wants to fuck a girl. To be more like a boy, so she doesn't feel like betraying Shuu? She's really indecisive. If anything, I'd say she's practically intersexual in her mind, somewhere in the middle of the road. In the end, Yoshino's choices may all revolve around Shuu. When she gives up on Shuu and so on her desire to be a boy, she "settles" for her genetic gender and cries, because it's the only thing that connected her to Shuu. She's not cured, she just grows up.

Well I'll give it one more shot then leave the offtopic behind I guess, considering the tension above...

Why would you take what Saori says at face value? I honestly don't dislike Saori as a character but she can be a real bitch. You know she does, throughout the whole story, hold some degree of antipathy and jealousy towards Takatsuki. Not only that, she also espouses a bunch of rather transphobic things (pressing Shuu with questions like "so what are you gonna do, get surgery?").

A lot of her interactions with Takatsuki can be read as her trying to undermine and deny her male identity, the thing which "connects" Takatsuki to Shuu and which Saori lacks. Grow your hair out, you're just excited because a boy confessed to you (which is obviously not what went down), generally attacking her masculinity (like condescending "I guess there are guys like that"), jumping at the chance to feminise her etc. All of this just reads as passive-aggressive teenage girl antics to me not as Saori being the oracle who can read all her friends' emotions and intentions perfectly.

Next, your assertion that Takatsuki's choices revolve around her connection with Shuu is just flat out wrong. In fact Shuu is the one who is inspired by her in the very beginning of the manga. She dresses like a boy. People call her Takatsuki-kun. She's the one who started the trips while crossdressing, all on her own to boot. She's elated when a woman hits on her thinking she's a middle school boy. All of this happens before Shuu is truly in the picture. The betrayal angle only comes into play at the very end of the story.

I also don't think there's any need to reach for terms like "asexual or aromantic" when you're talking about a elementary/middle school kid, that's just being a late bloomer. Nez already addressed it so I'll let the heterosexist angle slide but generally when a trans person says they want x feature of their identified sex it's not because they want to fuck someone, it's because not having it makes them dysphoric. There's a lot more to having a dick than "fucking girls", anyway.

On the topic of BnH, that omake was a bit unfortunate, with the stock "dude in a dress" joke approach...

So, the dream - I think it represents a few things. Ryou spent his whole life following in his sister's footsteps and emulating her, but suddenly they split onto separate paths and she entered... the world of a girl? Probably not quite that, but something along those lines. Up until that point he had no need to form an identity of his own, he could just go along with the sister he admired, since the two of them were similar and often confused for each other anyway. Then that changed, and he felt lonely and abandoned. You're going that way. In the first place, things like going out with Hachiya were his way of trying to assert that he was on his own path, even though he didn't know what his path was.

Interesting, I actually read that bit of the dream as a river of Styx-like metaphor; Yui is dead and has to take the right path, Ryou can't follow her any longer. She tells him to go left as a protective older sibling. Your interpretation makes sense too, though.

last edited at Aug 7, 2015 10:41PM

joined Dec 16, 2013

The author just don't know what she's doing.. and that's it.

joined Dec 16, 2013

there's not much manga with transman..

Dynasty
joined Apr 18, 2013

I don't think Ryou was identifying as a girl at all, he was just crossdressing, so even as a joke I don't think saying "he was cured" makes any sense. Crossdressing and being trangender are not the same thing at all. Marika is definitely a heterosexual trans woman and Ryou seems like a heterosexual cis male to me (he sees Marika as a woman which makes kinda sense). He just started crossdressing because of his family problems and later on, sometimes even enjoyed it, but that doesn't make you trangender at all. Lots of people cross-dress for fun. Parou seems like a typical gay to me, he stared crossdressing for a man, not because he feels like a girl. The only one I am not completely sure about is Tomocchi, maybe he is just a cis male, who just enjoys crossdressing or maybe he has nonbinary gender - he is the only one except Marika, who started because he really wanted (if I remember correctly) and he also seems feeling bad about looking more manly.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tomocchi, maybe he is just a cis male, who just enjoys crossdressing or maybe he has nonbinary gender - he is the only one except Marika, who started because he really wanted (if I remember correctly) and he also seems feeling bad about looking more manly.

Yea. He crossdressed because it seemed more fun and liked girls stuff more, but he didn't put much thought to gender. He even questioned Marika why she is so fixated on it . To me Tomocchi is the perfect example of a trap I was talking in this thread earlier. He enjoyed just passing as a girl and was seriously upset when he couldn't do it anymore. He stated that he is perfect fine with being male but if he meets right guy, he doesn't mind homosexual relationship.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

All this drama aside, speaking as a dmab trans person myself, This Is a Good Manga. It has great character development and many concepts of gender are explored in engaging, realistic, and meaningful ways. The characters' transness is never mocked by the author, its always taken very seriously (and yes it gets dark but hey, gender can be pretty fucked up and scary sometimes) and there is even discussion of puberty blockers and HRT for Marika. Also, I'm sure I wasn't the only one of audibly squeed when Marika said "I want to be - No. I am a girl." If you're looking for another series like Hourou Musuko, this is it. And I'm going to say its probably better.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So Ryou got rejected by Marika and then transfered in Tamura's school.

Marika is still in love with Tamura, who seem to be attracted to Ryou.

Tomocchi hangs out with the girls.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Yeah this is just a weird three-way love triangle where Marika loves Tamura, Tamura likes Ryou, and Ryou likes Marika. But seriously, Ryou and Marika all the way. Tamura isn't good for her and still treats her like a boy in girl's clothes.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Tamura is probably gay. So he's not really interested in Marika anymore, even less since she started her transition.

Ryou isn't gay, so he will not go for Tamura and is stopping crossdressing anyway.

If there's someone for Tamura, it'd be Tomocchi.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

it'd be Tomocchi.

Which hate Tamura since Marika loves Tamura instead of him.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Tamura is probably gay. So he's not really interested in Marika anymore, even less since she started her transition.

Ryou isn't gay, so he will not go for Tamura and is stopping crossdressing anyway.

If there's someone for Tamura, it'd be Tomocchi.

I agree completely. The only stable pairs are Ryou + Marika and Tamura + Tomocchi. (I also kinda want some yuri in here and have Hacchi, who's very masculine, get with another girl.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.