Forum › Anime season

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Marathon through Hibike from ep 1-11 left me in a serious case of yuri deficient and my heart a hole size of tennis ball. Which i has been desperately fill up with Mikagura School. That's when i realise I haven't scan enough anime recently to look for yuri. Probably in last 3 years or so. I means i could have missed both these shows O_O

So any shows that have yuri and subtext worth watching in last few years? Prefer some with proper romance than just for laugh. And a good anime with yuri side dish also can be rated as highly. But I will take anything right now. My watched list since 2012:

Still gonna rewatch it over and over again:
- Hibike!Euphonium (i actually watched ep 8 four times)
- Chu2 OVA + S2 (only Dekomori x Shinka episodes)
- Madoka Movie Rebellion

Decent to good:
- Mikagura School
- Kin-iro Mosaic S1+2
- Kill La Kill
- Non non Biyori
- Monogatari Subaru Movie
- Teekyuu
- Rinne no Lagrange
- Binbougami
- Horizon
- Senki Zesshou Symphogear
- Joshiraku
- Yuru Yuri
- Baby, Please Kill Me!
- Mouretsu Pirates
- Hidamari Sketch

Ok with its existence
- Yuri Kuma
- Kantai
- Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
- Sakura Trick
- Akuma No riddle
- Senran kagura
- Black Rock shooter

Won't touch with a pole:
- Tamako Market
- Shin Sekai Yori
- Gokujo

Should be killed, revived then burn in hell for eternity:
- Cross Ange

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 7:32PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

For anyone not aware, we got a massive list of yuri and subtext on this thread:
http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6799-ultimate-yuri-anime-list?page=1
Stuff is still being added to the list, if ya see something missing post a comment about it.

Short description tagged along on the yuri/subtext content.

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 7:50PM

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Marathon through Hibike from ep 1-11 left me in a serious case of yuri deficient and my heart a hole size of tennis ball. Which i has been desperately fill up with Mikagura School. That's when i realise I haven't scan enough anime recently to look for yuri. Probably in last 3 years or so. I means i could have missed both these shows O_O

So any shows that have yuri and subtext worth watching in last few years? Prefer some with proper romance than just for laugh. And a good anime with yuri side dish also can be rated as highly. But I will take anything right now. My watched list since 2012:

- Madoka Movie Rebellion

Decent to good:
- Mikagura School
- Kin-iro Mosaic S1+2
- Kill La Kill
- Non non Biyori
- Teekyuu
- Rinne no Lagrange
- Binbougami
- Horizon
- Joshiraku
- Yuru Yuri
- Baby, Please Kill Me!
- Mouretsu Pirates
- Hidamari Sketch

Ok with its existence
- Yuri Kuma
- Kantai
- Sakura Trick
- Akuma No riddle
- Senran kagura
- Black Rock shooter

Won't touch with a pole:
- Tamako Market
- Shin Sekai Yori
- Gokujo

- Cross Ange

shin sekai yori made me fucking cry too much its a feels hell that i cant watch it again cus the feels that feels bad man

yeah and cross ange is worse than garbage it is something that must be erased from existance (sunrise has been really retarded with their recent original anime )

last edited at Jun 24, 2015 8:54PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

- Madoka Movie Rebellion

Decent to good:
- Mikagura School
- Kin-iro Mosaic S1+2
- Kill La Kill
- Non non Biyori
- Teekyuu
- Rinne no Lagrange
- Binbougami
- Horizon
- Joshiraku
- Yuru Yuri
- Baby, Please Kill Me!
- Mouretsu Pirates
- Hidamari Sketch

Ok with its existence
- Yuri Kuma
- Kantai
- Sakura Trick
- Akuma No riddle
- Senran kagura
- Black Rock shooter

Won't touch with a pole:
- Tamako Market
- Shin Sekai Yori
- Gokujo

- Cross Ange

Awww many of your OK's should be on decent to good,as I see it

Burn in hell yes CrossAnge

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

shin sekai yori made me fucking cry too much its a feels hell that i cant watch it again cus the feels that feels bad man

I watched it up to the first time skip. Got a hold of the spoiler. Skip through the manga. And feel like want to ram my head repeatedly against the wall for it.

yeah and cross ange is worse than garbage it is something that must be erased from existance (sunrise has been really retarded with their recent original anime )

The worst shameless piece of self-pleasing fanfic i ever watched. I means the OP and ED music were decent, but now I feel mentally sick even to hear its tune again.

Btw, yeah i'm aware of Ushio's list. But want to know if any must-watch that i missed in past 3 years or so

last edited at Jun 25, 2015 8:43AM

joined Mar 23, 2013

Squealer didnt do nuffin wrong!

The worst shameless piece of self-pleasing fanfic i ever watched. I means the OP and ED music were decent, but now I feel mentally sick even to hear its tune again.

I don't know, but on this forum at least, I must be the only one who enjoyed cross ange.
The first few episodes were quite poor but I enjoyed it for it really was, a Sunrise mecha trainwreck. Ange is a great sociopath of a MC ( a lot of characters are but she's the most important one since she's the MC ).

In many instances she does the same bad deeds as the other side but it doesn't matter, they're my side! Great comedy.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I watched it up to the first time skip. Got a hold of the spoiler. Skip through the manga. And feel like want to ram my head repeatedly against the wall for it.

Btw, yeah i'm aware of Ushio's list. But want to know if any must-watch that i missed in past 3 years or so

you shouldnt read the manga of shin sekai yori the anime and manga are way different from one another the anime was good while the manga was retarded

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Squealer didnt do nuffin wrong!

Oy mate, it's Yakomaru! Show some respect to our rat overlord

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Mikakunin got arranged marriage! i can't deal with that sh*t.
and kyonne your avatar promote violence...

joined Mar 23, 2013

Anita Sarkeesian, is that you?

joined Dec 16, 2013

Anita Sarkeesian, is that you?

deciding your own life partner a feminist thing now?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ Hey, new Futabu is out. Bad news, it's animated by some animation studio wannabes called Queen Bee. Their "animations" are utter shit... Just fucking garbage.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Any of the yuri shipping is on Benio (the older sister) and the rest of the female cast through
(But i understand what you mean, couldn't finish it as well)

Who's Belka btw?

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Who's Belka btw?

Just some Ace Combat stuff

last edited at Jun 26, 2015 3:30AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

^ Hey, new Futabu is out. Bad news, it's animated by some animation studio wannabes called Queen Bee. Their "animations" are utter shit... Just fucking garbage.

futabu5!?? not that sh*t studio!

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

The worse part was then the blonde that was pinning for the older sister was like ''marry me shithead'' out of the fucking blue to the guy and was like, nope cant deal with it, dropped at 10

I have read Umineko, I know what I like as an last minute twist

joined Dec 16, 2013

^180 sexual orientation!! yuri is dead! i bet in s2 all girl will turn het..

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Re-Kan ep13
Holding hands the entire night? In subtext levels, does that count as sex?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The last words spoken in Re-Kan were literally "Yuri? Oh yes!"

So, with the season wrapping up, my impressions:

Owari no Seraph: Shit. Do not watch

Mikagura: Fun, gay. Supporting cast is kind of crap. Worth a look

Pleiades: Good tone, decent art, bad everything else. People around these parts are particularly unlikely to appreciate it, as the MC has good chemistry with a girl but ends up with a guy

Re-Kan: Passable? Large parts felt repetitive and dull, but it could be fairly good when it really tried. Also fairly gay when it really tried, but this showed up in the oddest places

Euphonium: Very well made, and I didn't like it. Yuri issues aside (which... I'll leave for other people to get into), it ultimately ended up being too dramatic and too unfocused for my tastes

Kekkai Sensen: Fucking awesome. Not yuri at all, though

Billportrait
joined Jan 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqETbz6NFSA I like this, there should be more like these

joined Dec 16, 2013

JoJo very popular with fujoshi. anime is saved......
so how Joseph is not a vamp??

joined Apr 19, 2014

so how Joseph is not a vamp??

Take your pick of
-something something residual hamon burned up Dio's vamp juice
-Dio's body was mostly Joseph's blood and didn't corrupt it enough to vampirize Joseph before he died
-Thematic significance of something being taken back from Dio and used for good

The UBW epilogue has pretty cool redesigns of Shirou and Rin. I think the Extra FeMC made a cameo in one of the high-school scenes. ufotable teasing Extra adaptation featuring one of the yuri routes??? Not happening

The magical MMA scene owned but it was only like 30 seconds long. I'd watch/read a Type-Moon version of Teppu.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I've never seen Jojo but I read every post that ppl make about it, often hear side-comments from youtubers I like, sometimes watch short clips that ppl post, etc etc, and it sounds like the greatest nonsensical shit ever.

To reply you must either login or sign up.