Forum › Fluttering Feelings [SPOILER THREAD]

joined May 10, 2015

The whole thing about adding insults on the comic is childish anyway.

Nobody likes to have their work stolen and used for profit by people who do no work at all. If being childish is the only way to make people realized that those websites steal people's work, then I have no problem being called childish. You'll be surprised by how ignorant people are regarding who translate, clean raws, typeset, and do quality checks.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Nobody likes to have their work stolen and used for profit by people who do no work at all. If being childish is the only way to make people realized that those websites steal people's work, then I have no problem being called childish. You'll be surprised by how ignorant people are regarding who translate, clean raws, typeset, and do quality checks.

But most people don't care if it was stole, what you can do is say who translated it, show link to their site, things like that, but if you think you or anyone else will make people stop using mangafox and others, you're just fooling yourself, because that will never happen, people just want to read it, they don't care how, they don't care about who worked on it as long as they have a way to read it, and they will always use the easier way to read it, which is mangafox and mangahere, since they even have some webcomics and licensed mangas.

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 11:08PM

joined Jan 31, 2015

I don't think the point is to somehow "stop" them from doing it. I mean, it's not as though they care, seeing as d.d.d.'s typeset of chapter 38 has been uploaded to MangaFox, MangaHere, Mangago and who knows what other sites, completely as is, without any modification.

But that's the thing; d.d.d.'s the one doing the typesetting, and so, he/she can do whatever he wants. He/she can reorder the panels backwards if he/she wanted to.

If the manga sites or the people who frequent those manga sites don't like the way he/she typesets, then they can simply make their own typeset. This last sentence wasn't a condescending or sarcastic or snarky comment BTW. Seriously, anyone is free to make a typeset.

I personally find that it is at the very least somewhat amusing or ironic that you can go to MangaFox right now and you'll see panels saying "FUCK OFF MANGAFOX". But that's just me.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 5:13AM

joined Jan 31, 2015

@ lildevilinhell

Randomly... do you per chance have a blog or account on DeviantArt/Pixiv/Tumblr/etc. where you post your artwork?

This was your fan art after someone requested to see No-rae "in a polar bear hoodie or onesie" after chapter 34:

From http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=78#forum_post_98300

And even your avatar itself you said you made yourself:

From http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6606-shoujo-ai-vs-yuri?page=2#forum_post_97720

Who are these BTW? They actually roughly look like No-rae and Seol-a, but I know it isn't them.

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 11:26PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Yeah he/she can do whatever he wants, but reorder the panels or anything lke that wouldn't help anyone, I know people don't like their translations being stolen, but things like that would only hurt possible fans of the manga, not the site.

I personally find that it is at the very least somewhat amusing or ironic that you can go to MangaFox right now and you'll see panels saying "FUCK OFF MANGAFOX". But that's just me.

People made tsukomis about that on mangahere.

last edited at Jun 13, 2015 11:28PM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

@ lildevilinhell

Randomly... do you per chance have a blog or account on DeviantArt/Pixiv/Tumblr/etc. where you post your artwork?

This was your fan art after someone requested to see No-rae "in a polar bear hoodie or onesie" after chapter 34:

From http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=78#forum_post_98300

And even your avatar itself you said you made yourself:

From http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6606-shoujo-ai-vs-yuri?page=2#forum_post_97720

Who are these BTW? They actually roughly look like No-rae and Seol-a, but I know it isn't them.

Uh... yes I do. I just avoid disclosing it on the forum. Those two artworks specifically, are only on imgur, unless someone else reuploaded it elsewhere after I posted it here on Dynasty.

Those two are indeed No-rae and Seo-la.

joined Jan 31, 2015

lildevilinhell:

Those two are indeed No-rae and Seo-la.

Oh, really now? That's nice to know. I thought they were surely from another series, as it was originally posted in another thread and tons of series has that combination of girl with short light-colored hair x girl with long dark hair.

It's a really nice piece of fan art.

And Polar Bear No-rae too. :3

lildevilinhell:

Uh... yes I do. I just avoid disclosing it on the forum. Those two artworks specifically, are only on imgur, unless someone else reuploaded it elsewhere after I posted it here on Dynasty.

Ah OK. Well, it's completely your choice if you choose to post it only here and not anywhere else.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'll just paste these snippets from previous posts of mine, which were directed at Jaismot who also made some FF fan art.

Keep in mind that this is only my opinion or personal recommendation, so take it for whatever it's worth...

Speaking of that... this is just a personal recommendation, but I really think you should have it uploaded somewhere else also, not only here.

Don't get me wrong, of course I am glad that you're posting it here. (And it would appear I'm not the only one.) It's a real treat for us. But the visibility and reach of your work is extremely limited if you solely post it on one random page of a random thread thread on a random forum.

So I'd really recommend posting it in a place where people usually post fan art. Such as your DeviantArt account, Pixiv.net, a Tumblr blog, or anywhere else. Then, you can still repost it here as well as other places.

This way, your work can reach a wider audience, and more people, more FF fans would be able to enjoy it.

Just my opinion.

From: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=93#forum_post_102367

[...] having your work only here would really not do it enough justice. Also, site and forum data can be lost. (Has happened before to this very forum, from what I understand.) So if you only posted it here and only here, then a week/month/whatever later, the forum or site crashes with all posts lost, your work would essentially "disappear forever" off the face of the Web. Which would be unfortunate as hell.

So yeah, I'd give this advice to anyone else creating fan art [...], as I wouldn't want anyone's efforts to go to waste.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5858-fluttering-feelings-spoiler-thread?page=100#forum_post_104158

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 4:04PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As a counterpoint to the almost-always-right anonymous, it does remain your choice and you likely have your own reasons that you've thought about so don't let yourself feel pressured to do something you're not comfortable with. Even if you're the only one who ever sees your art, I feel that still "does justice" to the work, and if you share it somewhere that's still a Good Thing.

Do what you're comfortable with, in other words.

joined Jan 31, 2015

As a counterpoint to the almost-always-right anonymous [...]

You flatter me, teeheeheeheehee~

Ahem.

But yeah, totally what Nezchan said. Again, that was merely my personal friendly recommendation. Of course, you're totally free to do whatever you want. No pressure there.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 12:51AM

lildevilinhell
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

As a counterpoint to the almost-always-right anonymous, it does remain your choice and you likely have your own reasons that you've thought about so don't let yourself feel pressured to do something you're not comfortable with. Even if you're the only one who ever sees your art, I feel that still "does justice" to the work, and if you share it somewhere that's still a Good Thing.

Do what you're comfortable with, in other words.

Ahem.

But yeah, totally what Nezchan said. Again, that was merely my personal friendly recommendation. Of course, you're totally free to do whatever you want. No pressure there.

T-t--t-hee... p-p-res-sure... collapse O|----<

xD...

Well, it's not so much as I'm not sharing my art on DeviantArt/Pixiv. I just prefer not to link the connection between my forum usernames and actual art account usernames.

I will probably actually post Fluttering Feelings art onto DeviantArt & Pixiv in the future given how often it makes me spazz over it lol. Just not those two pieces on imgur.

joined Jan 31, 2015

Cool, thanks for the consideration!

lildevilinhell:

Well, it's not so much as I'm not sharing my art on DeviantArt/Pixiv. I just prefer not to link the connection between my forum usernames and actual art account usernames.

I will probably actually post Fluttering Feelings art onto DeviantArt & Pixiv in the future given how often it makes me spazz over it lol. Just not those two pieces on imgur.

Yeah, totally understand if you don't want to have any connection between your accounts.

One potential idea is that you can always make an second account on DA/Pixiv for FF as well as other stuff. That way, even if you post stuff on DA/Pixiv, it still wouldn't link back to your main account.

But also, I've also noticed that there's not that much stuff for FF on DA and Pixiv and that in fact, Tumblr appears to be where all the FF fan content is at.

Anyhow, look forward to more stuff from you. :3

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 3:02AM

joined May 10, 2015

But most people don't care if it was stole, what you can do is say who translated it, show link to their site, things like that, but if you think you or anyone else will make people stop using mangafox and others, you're just fooling yourself, because that will never happen, people just want to read it, they don't care how, they don't care about who worked on it as long as they have a way to read it, and they will always use the easier way to read it, which is mangafox and mangahere, since they even have some webcomics and licensed mangas.

Lol that's funny. Because some people seems to care enough and call it childish because they want it to look as perfect as possible. Anyways, I never want people to stop reading from mangafox, mangahere or whatever. I just don't like my work uploaded on random websites and use for profit. I don't mind if people use my work for private use, but not for profit. Ignorant people like you who don't care about anything as long as it's convenient for them are why those 'Fuck Off' notes appear.

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

Was the ignorant part for me or Nya-chan? Because I didn't mind that "fuck off", you're completely right in not liking that they stole it, as long you don't reorder the panels or anything like that, you can write whatever you want if it don't affect the story, it's good to let more people know how those sites work and who really deserve credits.

And about reading in those sites, the only one I use is mangahere, for two reasons, they have some series that are hard to find, like mangas licensed by mangabox or that are upload only in a few places like Batoto, and tsukomis, my priority is always yuri so I read it here and just look at the tsukomis on mangahere, the rest I read there and download from the translators site what I liked, or from Kissmanga or Batoto if their site or links are dead.

Also, I noticed some comments on mangahere that they didn't know how to read on comico to give more views to fluttering feelings, maybe put a tutorial next time so they can give more likes to it? Even if you don't like them, there's people who use them and want to give support, so you can at least use those sites to help Ssamba.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 4:00AM

joined Jun 14, 2015

just created this account to thank all the translators/typesetters/editors for their hard work, really appreciate it. Such a pity that there are people out there that tries to rip all your hard work off. I know how it feels like since I have done some translating of my own in the past.

also, i am enjoying the story so far. been lurking on this thread for this time^^

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

It is the day of the week again
The day where we are filled with "fluttering feelings" while awaiting for the next coming chapter.
Seriously, I wish this series would last for another year...with nice developments ofcourse ^^.

1004423_215737701908251_258016894_n
joined Apr 26, 2015

So what for today?
I guess our ladies are heading home now after such tiring long night, most likely to no-rae's home.
Seol-A will offer some meal but I don't think anyone is hungry. Then the awkward moments parts. No-rae need some help to change as her arm hurt ^^ so Seol-A insists to help @@.
I don't think she can take a shower now with her open wounds so no hopes of Seol-A helping with that...sadly.
Then it is good night time, I wonder if Seol-A will offer to stay the night with no-rae? I have no predictions...what do you think?

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 10:36AM

joined Apr 5, 2015

So what for today?
I guess our ladies are heading home now after such tiring long night, most likely to no-rae's home.
Seol-A will offer some meal but I don't think anyone is hungry. Then the awkward moments parts. No-rae need some help to change as her arm hurt ^^ so Seol-A insists to help @@.
I don't think she can take a shower now with her open wounds so no hopes of Seol-A helping with that...sadly.
Then it is good night time, I wonder if Seol-A will offer to stay the night with no-rae? I have no predictions...what do you think?

Logical prediction:
Seol-a will bring them back to her place and offers No-rae her bed to sleep while she gets the living room. No-rae still feels traumatised and wants company, so Seol-a watches her sleep. Some flash back on how No-rae opens up and confusion of feelings on her part.

I-would-die-for prediction:
Seol-a hugs No-rae to sleep, and offers to help her take a shower the next day. Love ensues.
Well, I can wish hahaha

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 11:13AM

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

d.d.d.

Lol that's funny. Because some people seems to care enough and call it childish ...

She probably meant playful. Thanks for the typeset btw.

Lara 77

So what for today?

Seol-a could tenderly clean No-rae up a bit...

On a more or less serious note, you shouldn't leave people alone after a serious shock. So for sound medical reasons Seol-a should stay the night.
There will be awkward silences (well that's an easy guess with FF), and as sisya said:

To face death changes a lot in pple. I wonder if No-Rae realised that she didn't want to die like that, without having the time to be honest about her feelings toward Seol-A.

Someting like that? I don't expect a confession, but a hint maybe?

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 11:30AM

joined Jun 10, 2015

NoRae will be all gloomy and SeolA will remember how NoRae joked to cheer her up back then. She tries to come up with a joke, but she's no expert at that, and NoRae keeps having these black clouds hovering over her head.

But she tries.

"NoRae," SeolA calls, "don't look so down... I'm down too."

The bandaged girl looks over her, a flicker of curiosity apparent in her eyes. "Down why?"

'Lo and behold, people, this will be the first time SeolA works hard to crack a joke.

"Because your arm is hurt," replies SeolA, face serious.

NoRae tilts her head and hums questioningly, "Hmm?", which translates roughly to 'and what if my arm is hurt?' mixed with 'what are you trying to say, really'.

SeolA's gaze wanders to the bandaged arm and she gulps. Uuuh, maybe she shouldn't try to joke...

Oh screw it.

"It means I can't lay my head on your shoulder for some time," SeolA pouts. "It's my favorite spot."

Silence.

While SeolA begins to ponder if she can turn back the time and prevent herself from trying to joke in the first place, NoRae stares blankly at the raven-haired girl's pout...

And then it comes.

Something flutters inside her stomach, and NoRae feels her ears redden.

Then without consenting her, her mouth lets out a giggle followed quickly by another.

SeolA's face brightens as the dark clouds over NoRae's head begin to disappear to only God knows where.

Maybe NoRae giggles because of her pout rather than her joke, or because her attempts at cheering people up is so much fail, but it's okay. What matters is NoRae's smile, even if SeolA has to endure an amount of embarrassment in the process.

SeolA still doesn't master joking, but she doesn't mind trying to master it if it means hearing NoRae's giggle and laughter because of her.

It feels ridiculously satisfying.

...am I writing fanfic...
I'm sorry (^^')
(the idea comes from this fan-art originally posted at yurilili@tumblr about SeolA's favorite spot :D)

joined Mar 23, 2013

Also, as a random point, I'm not sure if the uploads to those sites are being done by some designated uploaders (like Dynasty) or if they can be being done by any random person who signs up. More and more, I'm thinking it's actually the latter. *shrug*

I hope you realize that the amount of content that is on mangafox and mangahere that most uploads are automatic right? This is why "they" don't seem to care. It's because a script does not care if you write anything stupid it will still upload it if it's a release of the content it's been uploading.

joined May 10, 2015

Was the ignorant part for me or Nya-chan? Because I didn't mind that "fuck off", you're completely right in not liking that they stole it, as long you don't reorder the panels or anything like that, you can write whatever you want if it don't affect the story, it's good to let more people know how those sites work and who really deserve credits.

And about reading in those sites, the only one I use is mangahere, for two reasons, they have some series that are hard to find, like mangas licensed by mangabox or that are upload only in a few places like Batoto, and tsukomis, my priority is always yuri so I read it here and just look at the tsukomis on mangahere, the rest I read there and download from the translators site what I liked, or from Kissmanga or Batoto if their site or links are dead.

Also, I noticed some comments on mangahere that they didn't know how to read on comico to give more views to fluttering feelings, maybe put a tutorial next time so they can give more likes to it? Even if you don't like them, there's people who use them and want to give support, so you can at least use those sites to help Ssamba.

Sorry, I had no hand in those overtooning what so ever. I'm not part of any scanlation groups. I do my typeset purely as a fan to support samba. You just need to visit the chapter to give samba more views. Pretty sure, it's just that simple.

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

lildevilinhell I love your artwork, omg. (Y)

Also, I think Seol-a will force No-rae to stay with her, but I also don't think Seol-a will take the couch (because her bed is actually really big). I'm sure that No-rae will immediately be like -I'll take the couch if you're forcing me to stay here then- and Seol-a will be like -Oh don't be silly, my bed's super big, we can share- and No-rae will have a heart attack.

@ Thiaguinho-sama Actually, anon had a really impressive tutorial drawn for the overtooning method, including registering for comico. I'm sure you can find it, if you go back a couple of pages, or they'll repost it when halmoni comes out with the translation.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Well, I guess that's how karma works, No-rae was there when Seol-a needed her the most, now it's Seol-a's turn. Hope the make the best of it and share Seol-a's big bed.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Lol that's funny. Because some people seems to care enough and call it childish because they want it to look as perfect as possible. Anyways, I never want people to stop reading from mangafox, mangahere or whatever. I just don't like my work uploaded on random websites and use for profit. I don't mind if people use my work for private use, but not for profit. Ignorant people like you who don't care about anything as long as it's convenient for them are why those 'Fuck Off' notes appear.

Err... I said it was childish, because it will have no effect whatsoever. It's like a child sticking his tongue out to make a point.

I guess it took something off of your chest because you hate it that some people are making money with your work, which I understand, but it will not change anything.

I read it on imgur and I'm thankful for your translation. I don't feel concerned about Mangafox or if it's perfect or not, as long as I understand what's going on.

And Mangafox is horrible to browse anyway. It's not convenient at all. I prefer Dynasty's reader.

joined Jan 31, 2015

HypocriticalLiar:

@ Thiaguinho-sama Actually, anon had a really impressive tutorial drawn for the overtooning method, including registering for comico. I'm sure you can find it, if you go back a couple of pages, or they'll repost it when halmoni comes out with the translation.

It's hardly "impressive", lawl.

But here it is if Thiaguinho-sama or anyone else is interested:

bit.do/ffovertoon

The page may still be updated with more information later, such as how to do Overtooning via a browser addon instead of the bookmarklet.

I've also put that address along with a brief message at the beginning of chapters 36, 37, 38 on flutteringfeelings.imgur.com. Those chapters are the ones that currently have an Overtooning translation available.

last edited at Jun 14, 2015 4:12PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.