Forum › Hibike! Euphonium *Spoilers* Discussion

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Gush all you like, the thread comes alive every time a new episode airs.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Re: MariaHolic

I bought the final volume.

-No Mariya and Kanako don't end up together
-Kanako doesn't end up with anyone either
-The last scene is her receiving a Christmas present from Mariya and Matsurika
-Kanako tries to hit on Shizou one last time, but Shizou runs away (lol)

In jap or eng? From what I remember it was not licensed anymore, and you know anything about the spin-off?

Japanese version, the english version stopped being translated at a certain point

I don't know much about the spinoff but it's focused on Maria, his sis and their butler/maid combo

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Reina is into Taki, whoop whoop. Can the pro order guys still cancel their pre order? I hope KyoAni loses a lot of sales after this episode so they realize that they should never pull stuff like this again.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Reina is into Taki, whoop whoop. Can the pro order guys still cancel their pre order? I hope KyoAni loses a lot of sales after this episode so they realize that they should never pull stuff like this again.

Fucking fuckery fuckwadding fucks. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to drown myself in fanart.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

They follow the novel. Not really that big of a surprise.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Wait I just realized something. Reina liked Taki-sensei in the novels and KyoAni wouldn't discard that as a plot point, so maybe we'll see the scene where she confesses to him and is rejected and she'll be all heartbroken and the Kumiko will go and comfort her AND THEN THEY'LL KISS ASDFJGEIGJ. But I shouldn't get my hopes up.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

No no, get your hopes up, that seems to be standard for this anime. An endless cycle of hope and despair.

*Until the anime ends, maybe.

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 2:14PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I thought this was a slice of life anime, not fuking Puella Magi with bands...

Jokes aside, after thinking about it it's not too surprising. I can't help but hope though...

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

I was telling myself "don't post, nothing will come of it, it won't change things." .... But yet here I am. I have a feeling that she will either confess to Taki-sensei OR she will find out that he is into someone or he might be engaged lmao. She, knowing Reina she will prob tough it out and then prob Kumiko would be there and and Reina would brake out and cry. Kumiko would be sad for her, hug her, Reina would hug her back and they will stay like that for a couple minutes while Kumiko is holding her she will prob think to herself "I know I should be feeling bad I should be comforting her not only physically but mentally as well... But yet why do I feel relived... Am I horrible for feeling this way..." AND THEN AND THEN Kumiko would realized that she like Reina. AND THEN Reina knowing she can't be with Taki-Sensei will get even more closer to Kumiko AND THEN AND THEN they will realize each others feelings!!!!! And. And and cires

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 3:00PM

confused1203
Seolaposescolor2
joined Nov 9, 2014

I was telling myself "don't post, nothing will come of it, it won't change things." .... But yet here I am. I have a feeling that she will either confess to Taki-sensei OR she will find out that he is into someone or he might be engaged lmao. She, knowing Reina she will prob tough it out and then prob Kumiko would be there and and Reina would brake out and cry. Kumiko would be sad for her, hug her, Reina would hug her back and they will stay like that for a couple minutes while Kumiko is holding her she will prob think to herself "I know I should be feeling bad I should be comforting her not only physically but mentally as well... But yet why do I feel relived... Am I horrible for feeling this way..." AND THEN AND THEN Kumiko would realized that she like Reina. AND THEN Reina knowing she can't be with Taki-Sensei will get even more closer to Kumiko AND THEN AND THEN they will realize each others feelings!!!!! And. And and cires

I would love for that to happen, then the pain and suffering would be totally worth it. I'm hoping for at least an open end for this anime that even hints at a yuri. I could live with that. Right now I'm just sad and pissed off. I'll keep watching though I love to be punished.

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

...Now I come check this thread before daring to watch....yep, quitting it until it's finished and the ending is properly discussed here.

Ahh so sad

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I think we should all just take a breath and recognize that the ship hasn't sunk. As far as I'm concerned it works better this way, because Reina had bad blood with Kumiko up until they finally came to terms with everything a few eps back. You don't just fall out of love with someone suddenly.

Just humor me, and picture this:

Kumiko will probably have to date Shuuichi at some point in the future, that's a fact. Another fact, Reina will not end up with Taki-sensei. The whole plot would be completely derailed and butchered if that were to happen at this point, and the writing is too good to see that trainwreck through. But think about the three endings and see how the story would have to play out for each one.

1) Kumiko x Shuuichi
-Shuuchi would have to resolve the relationship and issues he's created and start at step one, and this would be in spite of Kumiko's close friend liking him. Reina loses some focus due to the necessary component of allocating a significant amount of time to Shuuichi.
2) No relationships.
-As expected, Shuuichi and Kumiko have no chemistry and just cannot resolve differences. Reina continues to be Kumiko's closest friend and they continue to live their lives.
3) Kumiko x Reina
-Reina realizes her liking Taki is more of idolization and admiration, and notices herself falling for Kumiko. Kumiko figures out about this, or at least finally seriously considers it, so she also realizes herself that she reciprocates.

Now finally, genderbend either Reina or Kumiko and their respective love interest. Go back and consider each option once more.

No matter which way you swing it, number 3 comes out on top.

What does this mean? Basically, yuri isn't dead. The rest is up to the writers and director at this point. I don't think we'll see Hibike revisited for at least a year depending on sales (especially since KyoAni has much more attractive options to make another season out of). So at that point we'll have a much better grasp on how the source content transpired and what KyoAni will be able to do with it. Considering that the show's romances are not even secondary focus on paper but that it also is what binds multiple people to it, they'd be much more inclined to commit. Because the only reason they wouldn't is if they were seriously opposed to anything and everything homosexual (which as I've said before, they're not)

This is speaking from a purely objective, economical standpoint projected on an objective, plot-focused standpoint.

So fume now while the passion runs high, but in a couple months when things have cooled down make sure to breath and think about this.

/essay

joined Jan 30, 2013

Reina said she loved Kumiko as well O.O
I just remember that she does confess her love the same she did for Taki to Kumiko. Reina never said I like you Kumiko. She said "accept my Love" . SO it could be that Reina feelings towards Taki could be the same towards Kumiko because she said it herself Kumiko was "Different" she could also think that Taki sensei is different. Besides how can she blush that way when Kumiko said she was cute!! ;.; her reaction was So good ;.;

So hopefully Taki either doesn't feel that way about Reina or he
Has someone less. And the. Trina will only have Kumiko!! ;.;

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 4:22PM

HypocriticalLiar
Capture
joined Feb 23, 2015

I think we should all just take a breath and recognize that the ship hasn't sunk. As far as I'm concerned it works better this way, because Reina had bad blood with Kumiko up until they finally came to terms with everything a few eps back. You don't just fall out of love with someone suddenly.

Just humor me, and picture this:

Kumiko will probably have to date Shuuichi at some point in the future, that's a fact. Another fact, Reina will not end up with Taki-sensei. The whole plot would be completely derailed and butchered if that were to happen at this point, and the writing is too good to see that trainwreck through. But think about the three endings and see how the story would have to play out for each one.

1) Kumiko x Shuuichi
-Shuuchi would have to resolve the relationship and issues he's created and start at step one, and this would be in spite of Kumiko's close friend liking him. Reina loses some focus due to the necessary component of allocating a significant amount of time to Shuuichi.
2) No relationships.
-As expected, Shuuichi and Kumiko have no chemistry and just cannot resolve differences. Reina continues to be Kumiko's closest friend and they continue to live their lives.
3) Kumiko x Reina
-Reina realizes her liking Taki is more of idolization and admiration, and notices herself falling for Kumiko. Kumiko figures out about this, or at least finally seriously considers it, so she also realizes herself that she reciprocates.

Now finally, genderbend either Reina or Kumiko and their respective love interest. Go back and consider each option once more.

No matter which way you swing it, number 3 comes out on top.

What does this mean? Basically, yuri isn't dead. The rest is up to the writers and director at this point. I don't think we'll see Hibike revisited for at least a year depending on sales (especially since KyoAni has much more attractive options to make another season out of). So at that point we'll have a much better grasp on how the source content transpired and what KyoAni will be able to do with it. Considering that the show's romances are not even secondary focus on paper but that it also is what binds multiple people to it, they'd be much more inclined to commit. Because the only reason they wouldn't is if they were seriously opposed to anything and everything homosexual (which as I've said before, they're not)

This is speaking from a purely objective, economical standpoint projected on an objective, plot-focused standpoint.

So fume now while the passion runs high, but in a couple months when things have cooled down make sure to breath and think about this.

/essay

^all of this. I applaud.

21bd50a9-fb4d-47b7-a52f-4864e2af91fc
joined May 8, 2015

Lol. By Lol ofcourse I mean asdfgjalajhdjsjajahgahha ;_;

joined May 8, 2015

Tumblr will definitely have melt down over this. I know people like to take their shipping seriously (me too!) but this ship sunking is now overshadowed the real MVP of this EP that is natsuki senpai. She is a gem.

Reina too, her getting pissed is a joy to watch. So goddamn cute.

Also asuka is cold as fuck

last edited at Jun 9, 2015 8:57PM

9f884eb4-9edd-4d0a-a5a6-a97e2125366d
joined May 7, 2014

I... cried. I cried. I promised myself I wouldn't do this, I wouldn't get wrapped up in this in the case that it'd all go to hell, but no, I ended up being devastated. I should have known.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hahaha, I'm not even going to watch this one ;_;

joined May 8, 2015

Oh yeah if anybody here can read japanese there's blog for kyoani production staff where they comment about the episode they're working on.

One of the comment is the art director's musing on episode 8 that she wanted to watch that particular scene over and over again, because it was so beautiful. (and imo that's also the highest point of this whole series, the music score is so fucking on point in that scene)

Also it seems the staff also like kumiko and reina pairing and well aware of what they're doing in the anime. My guess is that they can't do anything about the original material and they have to follow it (remember shirobako, original author is the god)

EDIT: found the link for production staff's comment! http://www.kyotoanimation.co.jp/staff/anibaka/blog/ I can't read shit in it though lol

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 12:02AM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Oh yeah if anybody here can read japanese there's blog for kyoani production staff where they comment about the episode they're working on.

One of the comment is the art director's musing on episode 8 that she wanted to watch that particular scene over and over again, because it was so beautiful. (and imo that's also the highest point of this whole series, the music score is so fucking on point in that scene)

Also it seems the staff also like kumiko and reina pairing and well aware of what they're doing in the anime. My guess is that they can't do anything about the original material and they have to follow it (remember shirobako, original author is the god)

So does that mean we should stop blaming KyoAni for not doing yuri, or blame them even more for making it so painfully shippable?

joined May 8, 2015

So does that mean we should stop blaming KyoAni for not doing yuri, or blame them even more for making it so painfully shippable?

Let's blame the world for letting all of this to happen. Pray your hardest to godoka that next year yuri fans won't suffer anymore.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

But then we have stuff like this and this and even in the face of total heartbreak and disappointment I can't help but keep shipping these two band geeks ;_; What's wrong with me?

joined May 8, 2015

But then we have stuff like this and this and even in the face of total heartbreak and disappointment I can't help but keep shipping these two band geeks ;_; What's wrong with me?

It's ok we're all human that way. I will personally stay on this ship and makeup for the lack of real yuri in anime with my imagination and pixiv account ;_;

joined Jan 30, 2013

when will they make that yuri anime that will would blow our minds and fill our little yuri hearts with love? When will we get our ultimate yuri ANIME!!!??? WHEN?! rolls on floor while flipping and waving hands back and forth angrily WHEN?! GODDAMN IT!!! AHHHHHHHAAAHHHHH!!!!! when will we get the comfort we want sniff I'm TIRED of this shet!!!! flips table damn anime companies are like goddamn fisher men on a boat!!!! we're not some mindless fish!!! we have feelings and a brain, we are serious individuals with the capacity to think and not be tricked by you assholes!!!!! You cant just fish us up into a yuri boat like some pray!!! Stop playing with our hearts you assholes!! you all know that we cant help but to suffer and watch because we barely get any Yuri anime and if we do its not satisfying enough !!! Goddamn it Oniisama with all its cheesiness was the only yuri worth watching and that was years ago!! yes we got Aoi Hana but it didn't end right!! I know the manga continued it but the point is the damn anime wasn't long enough plus damn Aoi hana had so much angst!! it was good but!!! Strawberry Panic gets criticized but at least we had some damn substance thick yurilicious with full 26 eps!! the list of Yuri anime goes on but god damn it was I the only one that feels like they aren't satisfying enough!? Yaoi anime has more stuff going for them than Yuri ;.; and it make me sad I cant enjoy a good yuri anime without feeling like its either full of angst or too childish and never get anywhere!! and when they finally do its literally at the last ep!! I wanna have a more yuri anime or at least make them more better or god dammit look up some damn Mangas!! we shit load of them!! ahaaaaaahhh!! but even mangas suffer with never getting anywhere most of the time!!! ITS A CURSE!!

last edited at Jun 10, 2015 1:17AM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

when will they make that yuri anime that will would blow our minds and fill our little yuri hearts with love? When will we get our ultimate yuri ANIME!!!??? WHEN?! rolls on floor while flipping and waving hands back and forth angrily WHEN?! GODDAMN IT!!! AHHHHHHHAAAHHHHH!!!!! when will we get the comfort we want sniff I'm TIRED of this shet!!!! flips table damn anime companies are like goddamn fisher men on a boat!!!! we're not some mindless fish!!! we have feelings!!! You cant just fish us up into a yuri boat like some pray!!! Stop playing with our hearts you assholes!! you all know that we cant help but to suffer and watch because we barely get anime Yuri anime and we do its not satisfying enough !!! Goddamn it Oniisama with all its cheesiness was the only yuri worth watching and that was years ago!! yes we got Aoi Hana but it didn't end right!! I know the manga continued it but the point is the damn anime wasn't long enough plus damn Aoi hana had so much angst!! it was good but!!! Strawberry Panic gets criticized but at least we had some damn substance thick yurilicious with full 26 eps!! the list of Yuri anime goes on but god damn it was I the only one that feels like they aren't satisfying enough!? Yaoi anime has more stuff going for them than Yuri ;.; and it make me sad I cant enjoy a good yuri anime without feeling like its either full of angst or too childish and never get anywhere!! and when they finally do its literally at the last ep!! I wanna have a more yuri anime or at least make them more better or god dammit look up some damn Mangas!! we shit load of them!! ahaaaaaahhh!! but even mangas suffer with never getting anywhere most of the time!!! ITS A CURSE!!

Yo, I enjoyed Yurikuma plenty,it had a magical weird ass plot and the ending was superior.to my liking that is at least.
Also hmm Kanamemo had an adorable yuri couple...
Hmmm...
ehmm...
I'll think of more!

To reply you must either login or sign up.