Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

joined Mar 23, 2013

So, we got our hands on the latest chapters, which are chaptre 13 and 14. Yes, there are two chapter 13s. Go figure. Maybe they treated it as a two-part chapter since the "first" chapter 13 was quite short (15 pages) and the second one is barely longer (20 pages). I don't know.

Apparently, the series is going on a pattern of one mini-arc per volume.

"Chaptre" That's some nice frenglish there!

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

So, we got our hands on the latest chapters, which are chapter 13 and 14. Yes, there are two chapter 13s. Go figure. Maybe they treated it as a two-part chapter since the "first" chapter 13 was quite short (15 pages) and the second one is barely longer (20 pages). I don't know.

Apparently, the series is going on a pattern of one mini-arc per volume.

V Je vois pas du tout de quoi tu parles. :þ

Excellent. Can't wait to "see" them in French. ;) It's like raws I can use google translate on.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Side couples get more development than the two main in later chapters and they are somewhat more interesting (and it looks like heterosexual girls are an extinct species in that school).

Shiramine is the usual tsundere and it's tiring to watch her deny her own feelings.

But it's enjoyable anyway.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Ayaka/Yurine and Moe/Mizuki remain the two most interesting couples to me. Chiharu/Izumi isn't too bad, but it's more a boke-tsukkomi duo than a couple per se. And Maya is just… kind of there.

But well… later chapters spend more time developing Yurine as an individual character than her dynamic with Ayaka. I don't really mind, I like these chapters. It's a bit strange that one of the MCs remains mostly in the background so far, but there's still plenty of time to develop her (let's not forget that we're only 15 chapters in!)

As for het girls, I don't know, Ai doesn't seem to be in love with anyone?

last edited at May 17, 2015 1:13PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I could find only up to chapter 13 in french (which I can read just fine).

Any idea where 14 and 15 are?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I've translated chapter 13-2 and 14, only thing to do is typeset now. \o\

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/152668P207.jpg

"You were peeking yesterday too, right? You could have shown yourself, you know."
"I just came to see the roses! Not to see whether you were getting along with other people or anything!"
"Yes, yes. ^__^ ♡"

God these two are adorable. X3 Yurine totally seems to have fun with her girl's tsundereism, I love that.

I've noticed something very ironic in this series… Ayaka, who is supposed to be admired and relied upon, only interacts with Yurine, while Yurine, who is supposed to be the loner, always intervenes in other characters' arcs (Mizuki, Ai, now Yukina). It makes it look like Ayaka is actually more obsessed with Yurine than the other way round.

I'm really waiting for some development on Ayaka's side, because she's had very little focus, strangely…

last edited at May 23, 2015 9:09AM

Natsuki3
joined May 30, 2015

Woah didn't realize there are series where the French translations are ahead of the English ones. Well, looks like I'm about to go justify 14 years of French classes. Merci!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Apparently, the series is going to get a Drama CD series.

https://twitter.com/anokonikiss/status/603581016016560129/photo/1

That's a good sign I guess. :þ Though these things probably cost nothing to produce.

last edited at Jun 6, 2015 9:06AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I see two volumes on Amazon JP. Is it still ongoing, or does it end at Vol 2?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ Volume 3 comes out this month.

… So I was wondering if I could start doing English versions of our MMT chapters from chapter 4 on? Kawaii can always release their tank scans afterwards… I thought I would only do the first chapter but I'm considering doing more if I have the time… I don't really want to do it without their permission though…

joined Mar 16, 2015

when will come out ch.4 ?? i need it TOT

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

^ Volume 3 comes out this month.

I hope it goes on after Vol 3. It's rare to find a yuri series going beyond 3 volumes, whereas het shoujo, like Kimi no Todoke, get 20+ volumes.

Et sinon, j’attends toujours la fin de la guerre des roses.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Clearly, it's far from over − unless it gets cancelled but it seems popular enough to avoid that. From what I understand (but I may be wrong) the series is designed partly for audiences that aren't used to yuri (like me :þ) − the tsundere MC is more the kind you usually find in het romcoms after all.

Les chapitres 13-2 et 14 sont quasi-prêts, faut juste que notre correcteur sorte de sa léthargie (et de ses MMO aussi).

when will come out ch.4 ?? i need it TOT

When indeed… =[

last edited at Jun 8, 2015 7:10PM

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Thanks a bunch for the English releases, Lyendith! I was actually looking for the new French translations to stare at the pretty pictures, but finding the English was a pleasant surprise! :)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Aaaand I did the whole volume 2 (it's probably better to do that one in one go, since it's probably the least interesting so far). Dunno when I'll do the rest.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Aaaand I did the whole volume 2 (it's probably better to do that one in one go, since it's probably the least interesting so far). Dunno when I'll do the rest.

Thanks! I'm still anxiously awaiting the French versions of the latest chapters but I keep getting surprised by these nice little English releases! x3

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Going by Canno's twitter, this month is a special Valentine's Day chapter. I wanna see it. TT___TT

Seriously, their twitter is a goldmine. So many delicious illustrations. <3

https://twitter.com/_canno/status/613668257262735360/photo/1
https://twitter.com/_canno/status/614403695741022208/photo/1
https://twitter.com/_canno/status/612631611088113664/photo/1

last edited at Jun 28, 2015 7:49AM

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Still, when you think about it, if Yurine was a guy some scenes would feel mu~ch more creepy.

or it would just be typical shoujo manga.

joined Jan 8, 2014

I went to Kawaii Scans to check on this series...but I didnt really find a place to go : "is the next ch ready yet!? ^_^ "
Lol...so im posting here... :p

joined Jun 12, 2015

I went to Kawaii Scans to check on this series...but I didnt really find a place to go : "is the next ch ready yet!? ^_^ "
Lol...so im posting here... :p

On batoto there are english scans up to ch14.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Oh...ty

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ty again h3x,
Got all caught up its too bad it went shoujo-ai 8n its direction but still a fun read...

couldnt stand how that "war of roses" story went tho...her friend is kinda-sorta bent

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

its too bad it went shoujo-ai

Well… yeah, it's kind of the point of a shoujo-ai series. ò.Ô

I quite like the rose arc personally. I tend to like characters that… function on their own logic like Towako. But you could also say she's a bit crazy, yeah.

last edited at Jul 13, 2015 5:31AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

Eh? I had only read 3chs before and it was tagged yuri...
Theres a huge diff between shoujo-ai and yuri

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Eh? I had only read 3chs before and it was tagged yuri...
Theres a huge diff between shoujo-ai and yuri

Yeah, one's made up and the other's an actual genre.

To reply you must either login or sign up.