Not bad, per se, but something of a mess. Kyouto arc was easily the high point

joined Jun 20, 2014

It's a really nice looking mess.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I sort of assumed those two got together the concert

Anyone seen the show? How is it?

I assume the yuri is none-existant in the actual show?

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I assume the yuri is none-existant in the actual show?

No explicit couples, but lots of girls with strong attatchments to other girls

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

I assume the yuri is none-existent in the actual show?

No explicit couples, but lots of girls with strong attachments to other girls

I didn't even start watching the anime for the subtext: I was genuinely interested in it. The girl on girl was just a side dish for me. Anyway, the 1st episode really had my attention. The colors were great, the animation was spot on, the plot was great...but after that, I got so bored. It was a huge disappointment.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

I assume the yuri is none-existent in the actual show?

No explicit couples, but lots of girls with strong attachments to other girls

I didn't even start watching the anime for the subtext: I was genuinely interested in it. The girl on girl was just a side dish for me. Anyway, the 1st episode really had my attention. The colors were great, the animation was spot on, the plot was great...but after that, I got so bored. It was a huge disappointment.

I loved the whole thing, the animation, character interactions, humor. The only thing that put me off a bit was not the ending itself but how it lead up to it. A but messy in my opinion. Yet, Rolling Girls remain one of my favourite anime nonetheless. Now awaiting some Shigyo x Masami nsfw XD

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

This is cute.

The show itself is really pretty and worth watching just for that. The story is a bit of a mess, but there's enough positive to make it well worth one's while if one likes pretty pictures moving.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

The backgrounds are universally gorgeous.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

AHA! I didn't think the Rolling girls would get yuri doujinshi or at least not yet...sweet... starts day-dreaming about the possibilities

Short and cute.

I liked it, it felt weird at first and later but I got used to it.

SAME!

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I loved the whole thing, the animation, character interactions, humor. The only thing that put me off a bit was not the ending itself but how it lead up to it. A but messy in my opinion. Yet, Rolling Girls remain one of my favourite anime nonetheless. Now awaiting some Shigyo x Masami nsfw XD

Overall I thought the series was enjoyable. Some arcs were better than others. I think the plot would have been a lot cleaner if it was a longer series. The last story arc, while great with action, really had the messiest plot of all. I still don't get the drama that went in on that area....But I still think it's worth a watch. The animation is beautiful and the fight scenes are gorgeous. If you like Kill la Kill over the top wackiness WITHOUT the unnecessary fanservice, you'll like The Rolling Girls. Strong female characters everywhere. It really is a shame the plot wasn't as strong as everything else.

Shigyo x Masami best pairing imo. I really wanna see some more fanworks of those two.

MisaChiyo was seriously one of the cutest pairings too. They totally got together at the end of their arc. I'm glad to see a doujin on them. Cute! I wish it was longer though. "Please give me your daughter" was the BEST ahaha.

Hoping for more rolling girls stuff :)

Ress_artist_ava
joined Mar 16, 2013

Nice little story.

I think the anime was ok overall and great when it got really crazy^^. Sadly, the 4 main girls are kinda boring compared to everything else that goes on around them and this made their story boring too, at least for me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.