Forum › Citrus discussion

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

(Yuzu) realizes that she should just dump Mei and live the happy life.

That should happen in the manga too, ASAP.

joined May 26, 2015

Funny. I do like Harumin, though, and I've loved Yuzu ever since she handled that Amemiya situation within like 10 pages lol.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Alice Cheshire

So is this becoming dynasty scans versions of naruto? with people reading out of habit and some still insisting "no wait its totally good guys" even when its very clear its going on a filler ride to nowheresville with every chapter?

I don't really think this is a filler issue. It's more that where the story is going isn't where the readers want it to go. (Or it's just taking longer to get there at least.)

Minus the DBZ level shenanigans and twisty asspulls at the end yes??

joined May 26, 2015

Don't tell me you missed the chapter where Yuzu went Super Gyaru and punched Mei so hard she puked up Android Momokino?!

Why are we even talking about this...?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I'm all for more Genkidamas in Citrus.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm all for more Genkidamas in Citrus.

And having to deal with Yuzu trying to convince Mei to share her energy? Nah, i'd settle with a Wolf Fang Fist

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, Yuzu should be okay with like, flowers and stuff. Harumin would be happy to share too, I bet. But I'd settle for Demon Rays.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Don't tell me you missed the chapter where Yuzu went Super Gyaru and punched Mei so hard she puked up Android Momokino?!

Why are we even talking about this...?

I'm kinda interested in what a super gyaru would look like now, lol.

Kitsune Spirit
Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Ah, the Most Interesting Thread in the World never ceases to be interesting lol. Now to impatiently wait for the next chapter. :D

joined May 26, 2015

Gyah, chapter 16 is amazing! Can't wait to read the Yuri Project translation. Anyone else have a guess on how long Citrus may run? I'm placing my bets on 6 volumes, one final conflict to resolve in volume 5 then wrap-up and some fulfilling relationship stuff for 6. Judging by the story's pace, that should cover one full school year and a happy summer. After that, let's hope for a 12-episode anime +OVA, a Vita game, more drama CDs like the one coming with volume 4's release, and artbooks/OSTs to accompany all that stuff. I wouldn't be hurt by Mei and Yuzu figures to put on my shelf, either. You go, Saburouta!

I still never got anyone else's opinion on Citrus' speculated length... Thoughts?

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

I think we're about 2 or 3 love triangles until the end.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I think we're about 2 or 3 love triangles until the end.

That's great to be optimistic =D

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I still never got anyone else's opinion on Citrus' speculated length... Thoughts?

The most likely scenario is for the story to span all of their high school life and given the pace time has passed so far I'd say about eigth or twelve chapters more.

joined May 26, 2015

The most likely scenario is for the story to span all of their high school life and given the pace time has passed so far I'd say about eigth or twelve chapters more.

Considering its popularity, I agree that it's possible to go for 12 volumes (6 in first year of school, 6 in second year), but there's no point in doing their senior year. The reason you hardly see third year depicted in anime and manga is because it's practically all study and college prep, so if a story is trying to be even half-realistic, that would turn out pretty boring.

The only concern I'd have with a yuri that long are ending up with too many filler breakups and makeups that cheapen what we've already read. I'd much rather see 6 great volumes of Citrus than 12 okay volumes that overstay their welcome. But if Saburouta can prove me wrong, more power to her.

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Considering its popularity, I agree that it's possible to go for 12 volumes (6 in first year of school, 6 in second year), but there's no point in doing their senior year. The reason you hardly see third year depicted in anime and manga is because it's practically all study and college prep, so if a story is trying to be even half-realistic, that would turn out pretty boring.

The only concern I'd have with a yuri that long are ending up with too many filler breakups and makeups that cheapen what we've already read. I'd much rather see 6 great volumes of Citrus than 12 okay volumes that overstay their welcome. But if Saburouta can prove me wrong, more power to her.

With Dark_Tzitzimine scenario, it will be 6-7 volume

joined Aug 16, 2014

I'll bet on some 8-10 volumes. If it's not cut short, of course.

joined May 26, 2015

Keep in mind, it'll take almost another year to get 2 more volumes completed and released. Have we ever seen a pure yuri run that long?

Also, there's nothing worse than seeing an anime adaptation concluded artificially or left on a cliffhanger because the manga is still running. So for all of us hoping for an anime, wouldn't it be better to wrap up with around 6 volumes and get a truly complete anime season shortly after?

Not trying to argue, I just want to see it done right.

last edited at May 27, 2015 2:18PM

joined Aug 16, 2014

^
I know nothin' about it, but I somehow doubt Saburouta will tone down on the aaaaaangst anytime soon -- hence the "8-10, if it's not cut short". That's just my personal guess, of course.

EDIT: Now, if you wanna know how long I think it should run, I'd say it should've been about 4 volumes long, and with less than half the melodrama.

last edited at May 27, 2015 2:28PM

joined May 26, 2015

^
I know nothin' about it, but I somehow doubt Saburouta will tone down on the aaaaaangst anytime soon -- hence the "8-10, if it's not cut short". That's just my personal guess, of course.

I could live with doubling its current length at 8 volumes, but 10-12 would probably just make us mad... I want to continue my fandom into an anime or game adaptation, not dwell on overly convoluted extensions to the [currently] solid story. But I get what you're saying. And we are dealing with quite possibly the most popular yuri series of all time, so all precedents are out the window.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

And we are dealing with quite possibly the most popular yuri series of all time, so all precedents are out the window.

That's so sad man.

I agree with none, without the melodrama we'd be at like 2 volumes now which would leave another 2 volumes for some character development for Mei as well as fleshing out / justifying her relationship with Yuzu. I really don't hope they go for 8 or 10 volumes. It's fun to read up to now but if Saburouta doesn't come up with some new things, it's gonna be a serious drag. 5 or 6 volumes would be ideal I guess, with how things are now.

last edited at May 27, 2015 2:40PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I'll bet on some 8-10 volumes. If it's not cut short, of course.

I hope it won't get silly lengthy just cos it's popular... it is? I dunno how is it selling in Japan. But I hope it's no more than 8 volumes... I kinda wanted to buy it when the whole thing was done,as a birthday gift to myself ¬¬

joined May 26, 2015

That's so sad man.

What's sad? The fact that it may be the most popular?

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Is it really that popular though ? I doubt it

More than 6 and honestly, in my opinion and knowing of how Saburouta works, it would be one of the worst

last edited at May 27, 2015 4:27PM

joined May 26, 2015

Is it really that popular though ? I doubt it

More than 6 and honestly, in my opinion and knowing of how Saburouta works, it would be one of the worst

Judging by the attention it got in manga shops like Animate while I was visiting Japan, reports that it has increased sales of Yuri Hime, and the fact that it's even getting multimedia like voiced PVs and a drama CD, I'd say it's gained a lot more attention than your average yuri.

But even so, I agree that Saburouta should limit the series to 6 volumes or so to keep from messing up a good thing. Most people refer to the plot as "compelling" or "interesting" but rarely call it good writing. Let's not drive it into the ground.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

more attention than your average yuri.

Ironically, while being the most average of yuri.

What's sad? The fact that it may be the most popular?

Yeah, that Citrus is the most popular. It's nice that it does get the attention it gets cause it makes yuri more popular and everything but some of those average yuris deserve those numbers way more.

Most people refer to the plot as "compelling" or "interesting" but rarely call it good writing.

Really? I always see people say the exact opposite so I'm a little suprised. Where did you get those impressions, Japan or outside of Japan?

last edited at May 27, 2015 4:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.