Forum › Posts by Michan

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Another unrelated question:

Let us say PURELY HYPOTHETICALLY YOU UNDERSTAND that I wanted to recommend an upload or two (or...um...23?) to Dynasty Scans. Is there a format that's more useful to whoever has to look it over and decide whether to accept it?

The few times I've suggested an upload, I've just uploaded it into an Imgur picture album. But I was wondering if maybe uploading it to the web in a zip file would be better.

Either way works for images, since the uploader has to add them individually anyway. If you're looking to suggest chapters or a series a zip file or a link to the scan group would work best.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

@omnscient0 Thanks for the JSON links you provided a little while back, they've been pretty handy! How many developers does this site have? Does the DS dev team typically aim to do monthly updates to the site, or do you just update as necessary? Also, who wrote this site originally?

As a side thought, I've noticed that this site has slowed down a bit recently; maybe a bunch of extra load on this site comes from external manga sites crawling and downloading series that are published here (so that they can publish it on their own site)? Maybe a good way to reduce this load is to provide a download API on a separate server (from the UI servers), so that that traffic can be handled separately?

Edit: You don't have to answer ANY of those questions if you don't want.

Omn made (this version of) the site and is basically the only developer. The site isn't updated very frequently because he also has a real job. For now if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

No scissoring 0/10

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

#scissoring

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Michan posted:

Joke tags are essential to ensure the site functions properly.

My Hand Holding tag was rejected though.

Hand holding is not to be joked with. it's srs bsns.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

With amount of joke tags and tags that were made just for one series, I really think we have more than enough amnesia works. Like for example, I'm pretty sure the only reason we have Butts tag is because of Is My Hobby Weird?. Better example is Ham or even Bread is a good one.

Joke tags are essential to ensure the site functions properly.

Seriously though, I'm fine with adding the amnesia tag if that's what people want.
I don't really contribute anything to this site nowadays though, so I'll leave the decision up to drp~

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

So, about that Amnesia tag... I am still uncertain who exactly has the authority to create new tags on this site.

All staff members can create tags. The amnesia seems like it might be a bit too spoiler-y though.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Morgan posted:

I've posted over there now - don't think anyone will listen, but this is rather sad and kinda hypocritical considering all those really useless tags still in the taglist which don't seem to bother anyone...

More of a question instead of a suggestion, but didn't we use to have a "time skip" tag? I really liked stories with some kind of a future for parings, but I can't find them anymore - or I'm just blind...

:/ http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/9863-time-skip-discussion It was deleted. I asked the site what they felt should be tagged with it, and whether or not it should stay, and the general consensus seemed to be that it was a pretty useless tag. I did wait quite a while before finally deleting it but...there it is.

Posted a comment over there now. But sadly too late I think. Is there any way to get some kind of list of the things that were tagged with time skip? I'd like to save them.

On another note: If you are discussing changes in tags or deleating them completely, maybe it would be a good idea to actually give ppl a note, since not all of us are using the forums regularly. And you've got this nice note right at the top of the page. Maybe using that would be a good idea.

Tags rarely get deleted. It wouldn't be worth the effort to implement such a system, especially since it would rarely be used.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Lain Iwakura posted:

I would like to suggest logo changes to both the title of the website and the little image that is show on the tab. I just feel they are in need of an 'update' and i would be more than happy if they changed it to something relating to the lily flowers. This is just a small suggestion, i just want to see dynasty scans/reader with a stand out look that is recognisable like something akin to social media logo designs. please let me know what you think and...
t̖͈̤͍̠̹̙h͉a͔̥̻nk̬̤̮̲̫̣̗ ̯you̖̹̺ͅ ̻̺fo̻̥̣r ͇r͎̣e͉̥͇a̮̱̮̖̪̹̥di̙̮̥͖̱̫n̯͇͇g̟̹̦͓̹͔

I don't really feel like designing a new logo. Maybe it will happen some day when someone feels like it. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Michan Staff
Philosophia discussion 18 Apr 11:14
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Left me feeling empty inside. 10/10 would read again.

Michan Staff
Forum Rules 16 Mar 09:35
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Discussion is fine, just don't be a dick about it.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Alice Cheshire posted:

Michan posted:

I downloaded the file and it seems they've done the typesetting as well.

Oh, alright. They were asking for someone to typeset so it sounded like they hadn't. Must not have wanted to wait for someone to offer then.

I'm guessing so.

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Alice Cheshire posted:

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

It looks like the next chapter (with a new editor filling in for Phyis) is actually in QC now, though I can't tell if anyone is actually checking it. Since Yuri Project is open to anyone to help, maybe you could help get the QC started? They've got specific procedures before the QC is done and I don't know all the details, but you might be able to help.

Edit: Also, talk to them. You might be able to help with future chapters or they might agree to hand it over to you. If they did that, someone involved may already have raws or be planning to get them. I did a full volume myself that was originally posted there (though no one had started working on it yet) and received the raws from them.

According to the new editor's posts it only sounds like it's cleaned rather than fully edited though. Which is a bit odd because they offered help on Comprehensive Tovarisch first and were going to clean then typeset chapters they did work on but I pointed them towards Kase-san since we already have one person other than myself doing cleaning on it anyways and I'm handling the typesetting. (I wouldn't have minded them helping with typesetting but they specifically wanted to help with cleaning which is the place we're set on it for.

I downloaded the file and it seems they've done the typesetting as well.

Michan Staff
Swap discussion 07 Mar 17:19
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Rakusa posted:

Wow, reminds me of my childhood.Again.I used to swap things with my friend's things, but not because i was in love or wanted to have her things around me (ew, i'd never want that.Maybe she secretly picked her nose and rubbed the slime off on the pencil)
No.
I.
Wanted.
To.
Have.
A.
Longer.
Pencil.

Not in a pervy way hahahaha
Pizza.
Anyway, she never noticed.Also, we had the Same Brand of things, because we're cheap f*cks, so...if my pencil was just like my pinky, i'd swap it.Or her sweets.
Wait, i stealed her sweets...
Oh well.
She bitch slapped me in kindergarten.
So we're even now.
This taco-eating-playgirl.
I hated her.
And now she's my bfffffffff.
Hm.
Life's weird.

Can someone spank me pls i'm tired and i still need to watch deponia before dawn breaks in and will shine upon me like the goddess maria-sama who gave us sachiko, the gay horse - but she never ever kissed even yumi once and heck, i need dat kiss.

No
No

Let me try again

Can someone give me coffee pls i'm having an carrot stuck in my nose
And ass
But that's another story
Like jesus, who magically run over water to defeat bad Bad Naruto, go catch 'em all pokeAss.

God what am i doing...Little, provincial girl...already to tireless...

Well don't you look like a virgin's sacrifice?
She asked.
I laughed.

GUUURRRRLL MY VIRGINITY'S GONE A LONG TIME AGO YO
DAT ASS SPANK GAVE MA PURENESS AN DARK TURN AND NOW IMMA DARTH VADER BUT BADDER BABES
CUZ I CAN'T TIE MY SHOES BUT I CAN FLUCK YOUR BITCH

I'd be happy if some people recognize the references.

Well done.*bows and swinging my bootiful booty btw*

Are you on drugs?

Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I approve.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011
Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

denton posted:

Has Dynasty-scans thought about making an app? I think that would be really awesome.

Also, is there currently a way to follow a thread? If there is, could someone tell me how to do so and if there isn't, that would be a suggestion.

As of right now we do not have an official app. A forum member has made an unofficial application available however. http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/7480-oneesama-a-simple-reader-for-android?page=1#forum_post_145446

Michan Staff
Citrus discussion 30 Dec 14:17
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Cleaned the thread up a bit. Please keep it on topic this time.
New chapters will be uploaded as they are officially released.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

GendoIkari

Yeah, Ogu's got a tank out, a bunch of cute stories in anthologies (loli-yuri-consentacles, anyone?).
Doubt they'll all get done with how slow we are, but hey.

Wow, almost double the comments as the entire last series. Has Dynasty gotten bigger this year?

I thought we wiped that thread a couple of times.

Yup, although we also grew a bit it seems.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

You're welcome.

Michan Staff
Marking discussion 25 Nov 07:16
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

I've added Biting. If you come across any more works that fit use the tag suggestion or drop a link in here. kthx bye

Michan Staff
Marking discussion 25 Nov 05:41
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

JerryChops

That was good.

For Biting tag:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cage_cage#20
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cage_toge#24

Implied biting in this one:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/cage_fake#28

Btw are we talking biting that leaves marks or just play biting in general?

Probably just biting in general.

Michan Staff
Marking discussion 24 Nov 15:14
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

flips

are we gonna get a Biting tag? :p
Noticed theres a few works here that might fit it.

Link a couple of works that fit the bill and I'll consider making the tag.

Michan Staff
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011
Michan Staff
Teppu discussion 07 Nov 07:30
Page-11
Dynasty Scans
joined Feb 14, 2011

Fixed the page order. <3