Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wonder if I will ever see yuri mangas licensed in spanish

^In my country they licensed Girl Friends (Mexico)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Wait, they did?

I'm also in Mexico and this is news to me.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

^ Oh shit nice, that's pretty awesome, good for you guys :D

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…You have Steins;Gate…? AAAAAAAAH!!! ;___;

Dark_Tzitzimine
Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Pen-pushers don't need a name.

Meal ticket? Why not!

No one shall escape the yuri.

Btw Lyendith, what chapters did these little theatre pages follow/belong to?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^ 12, 19, 20.

Chapter 24… I'm not sure what to think of this chap. On one hand, I love Sawa and Itsuki's interactions, and the work on the shadowing and facial expressions is fantastic (Canno has definitely improved in the latter). Especially the detailed reflections in the eyes…

On the other hand… I can't say I like the development itself. =[ There's something about dreaming to become a model that just doesn't click with me. I'm not sure it's a particularly healthy dream for anyone to have. I guess Sawa could be the photograph, but… I don't know.

Oh, and it seems Ayaka skipped some details in the story she told them. :þ

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, Chapter 24 was average. Its only redeeming point was Sawa's initiated kiss on Itsuki That was pretty bold and cute at the same time.

And we wander off the main couple's story again...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Dayum that chapter 24 the frame where she took the picture was beautiful and damn that Sawa sure is stupid and dense

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 2:01PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I object to that. Who's the denser of the two, really? The one who remains stubbornly fixated on a promise made when they were 6 years old, or the one who acknowledges that she never took it that seriously, that she can't keep it, and proposes a somewhat more viable alternative that still answers her friend's true wish (as much as I'm skeptical about the whole model thing)?

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 4:03PM

I didn't understand why Itsuki was so mad/upset but I think it's the fact that they promised of being together, so I would assume that's why she didn't want to became a model at first, but now Sawa it's going to support her.
Well, that's how I see it. (I laughed out loud when I read Sawa's dream, so cute)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Lyendith posted:

I object to that. Who's the denser of the two, really? The one who remains stubbornly fixated on a promise made when they were 6 years old, or the one who acknowledges that she never took it that seriously, that she can't keep it, and proposes a somewhat more viable alternative that still answers her friend's true wish (as much as I'm skeptical about the whole model thing)?

But wait, "not taking it seriously" is one thing but she totally forgot about the promise AND HER friend, so it means that their relationship wasn't a big deal for Sawa, not even today was she able to remember the promise, and that's okay.. It happens right? But is obvious that for Itsuki is still a big deal, something that she cherished for so long, then something like "I wasn't serious when I said that" wasn't exactly a good choice of words. At this point an apology would be appropriate but that didn't happen either... I feel that as thoughtless.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Side couples really are great!

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Lyendith posted:

But wait, "not taking it seriously" is one thing but she totally forgot about the promise AND HER friend, so it means that their relationship wasn't a big deal for Sawa, not even today was she able to remember the promise, and that's okay.. It happens right? But is obvious that for Itsuki is still a big deal, something that she cherished for so long, then something like "I wasn't serious when I said that" wasn't exactly a good choice of words. At this point an apology would be appropriate but that didn't happen either... I feel that as thoughtless.

They were SIX. I remember essentially nothing prior to like age 9.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

I remember my life before age nine, and wishes and people I cared about at age six.

My brother cannot and is always surprised at stories that are true about his life even at age ten.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Interlocking fingers counts as advanced lewdness.

Lyendith posted:
They were SIX. I remember essentially nothing prior to like age 9.

I do remember the embarrassing stuff. Yay, selective memory!

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 7:10PM

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Finally. A KISS, LADY AND GENTLEMAN. (Slowly clap)

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ Hey, it's Majere who posted that. X)

I tend to vividly remember insignificant details from my little childhood, but forget the important stuff. So I would likely have forgotten that promise but remembered what color Itsuki's hair decorations were. >.>

Maybe Sawa's attitude was a bit insensitive, or at least carefree regarding Sawa's feelings, true. But it did allow Itsuki to move forward in the end.

Finally. A KISS, LADY AND GENTLEMAN. (Slowly clap)

There's a kiss in like every chapter, lately. .−.

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 7:27PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

feel like this mangaka just wants to make one-shots, and just slaps the uniforms, background characters, and the title of the series on it... Tho I am liking these side stories more than the actual series.

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 7:40PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I prefer the main series, I love the two mains and the secondary couple, and I do think the sheer # of characters is stretching this thin. Then again, Virgins Empire is similar in structure and this is far better written and drawn, so okay. I am also going to do what I did with virtually all Takemiya Jin stories - make little character graphs :)

So, tight-lipped girls that are seething with resentment at you but would never, ever say why come pouring out of the woodwork? Do you have to go through bizarre hoops that are also unexplained to placate them? It must be weird to be a girl at that school.

last edited at Aug 5, 2016 8:07PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

feel like this mangaka just wants to make one-shots, and just slaps the uniforms, background characters, and the title of the series on it... Tho I am liking these side stories more than the actual series.

I would like the mains more if we stuck with them for long enough for me to get invested but this constant flitting between them just doesn't work for me. Strangely, I'm totally okay with it in Virgin's Empire but maybe the characters in that are just more interesting.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

I saw an email on my phone for Ch. 24 and my heart nearly leaped out of my chest...but I became disappointed when it was another side story and not Ayaka x Yurine.

Oh well...

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Side couples really are great!

I came in here to say the exact opposite thing!

To reply you must either login or sign up.