Forum › Posts by majere

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is why you don't play games with your S.O.; why open your relationship up to yet another avenue for problems? Why add another thing to fight over?

...games are supposed to be fun and you play them with people you like because you want to have fun together. If you view sharing passtimes with your partner as nothing but an avenue for problems I kind of question why you're even dating.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Hiroko is lucky Ayaka doesn't have a single iota of self respect because if she did she'd stop wasting her energy on someone so self-involved they can't comprehend even her most obvious intentions and wishes. Like at this point her pursuit of Hiroko is kind of just pathetic.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So there are two outcomes I see coming from how Natori's presence is shifting the existing character dynamics: 1) things between Lapis and Diana get even worse than canon because jealousy, or 2) Natori acts as a common cause that actually brings them closer together potentially resulting in either Lapis turning away from villainy or Diana turning to it as her tunnel vision when it comes to protecting the people important to her just gets more pronounced.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I wonder if the intended result of this chapter was for the entire readerbase to fall in love with Diana.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Holy shit.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This chapter was a real testament to how little of an impression every character that isn't one of the leads has made on me because I can't remember anything about any of these people beyond what they look like.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Wouldn't be an Isekai without a love triangle where one girl is inevitably going to get hurt. Especially since most of these writers never have the balls to go with the polyamory ending

Right... It takes balls to fizzle drama and tension...

I mean I can't remember the last love triangle I read that actually had either of those things. It's almost always transparently obvious what the endgame will be or it all amounts to vague status-quo-is-god waffling in the end.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Honestly, the Villainess doesn't get my heart racing or anything, she's a little too... porcelain perfect? She has very little texture to me. Diana is a much better choice at the moment.

Lapis is a pretty shallow character at the moment but I feel like that's an intentional result of the fact that she's wearing a metaphorical porcelain mask 99% of the time to conceal her true intentions and feelings.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Finally a 4-koma comedy manga that is actually funny.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

If you can't find a GF be the GF.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

So far Lapis doesn’t seem so bad. She’s smart in a way that includes other people, highly capable and fairly mature, authoritative yet willing to listen, and apparently a little bit possessive. Which is to say she’s very hot. We rarely get to see romance manga where one of the characters has such a developed and nuanced approach to the world. I think she’s pretty cool.

I dunno, vitriolic hatred for poor people is a pretty unsexy personality trait.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Great, now I'm shipping DianaxNatalie more than I ship LapisxNatori...

Plot twist: this manga was actually about Diana rescuing Natori from Lapis's evil clutches all along

I would not be opposed to this swerving into a critique of villain simping and focusing on the fact that villainy is a lot less hot when you're on the same side of the fourth wall as the villain.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Pandacorya's art swings wildly between sexy and borderline nightmare fuel dependant on how much clothes the characters are wearing and while it doesn't make for very good smut it's at least interesting enough I always end up reading their stuff.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Not criticising the comic, I love me some Hachiko, but I am curious: has anyone actually forgotten a childhood friend? Is this something that happens, ever? I mean, I've forgotten random classmates, but I'm pretty sure I remember all of my close friends from when I was 5, and I didn't even promise to marry them. This trope is strangely common for how unbelievable it is to me, but maybe other people have different experiences?

I have practically no memories from before I was 10, so yeah I think it's different for different people.

I mean I have no concrete memories before like high school but I still remember every important person from like grade school forward in at least a "this person matters even if I have no recollection of any interaction I've ever had with them" way.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Drawing genre of stepsister yuri? I thought manga most of the times just ignores the "step" and goes straight to incest without any dilemmas

Eh one of the most big name yuri series is stepsister yuri.

majere
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016
101259327_p0

Oda has bad taste in female character design and I'll die on this hill.

majere
A Cute Guy discussion 30 Aug 20:01
Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Thank Christ and also the translator for this bounty.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Love me an isekai protagonist who has to deal with their situation with nothing but setting knoweldge and an incredibly niche set of mundane skills.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

There's definitely A LOT of characters in this intro but they're all very distinct from each other so I think it should work out fine.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This is definitely the weirdest form of propaganda defending Japan's devastation of the tuna population I've ever seen. What's next whale gijinka telling us actually it's totally fated and cool to butcher whales?

last edited at Jul 11, 2022 7:28AM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Are we calling a girl petting a female cat yuri these days?

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

This series is pro-gyaru propaganda and I approve.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Glad we get some progress in that chapter!
That aside, that vocabulary felt so forced it made the whole chapter annoying to read to be honest... a change of translator maybe?

Seriously it felt like someone just discovered a thesaurus. Nobody casually says "abscond" this much. Loved the chapter but oof was the word choice clunky.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I feel like an entire manga plot just got crammed into a dozen or so pages and it wasn't even an especially interesting one. Wish this series focussed more on the parts of it that aren't just rote adherence to incredibly outdated yuri tropes. The amount of time dedicated to boring souer bullshit would be a lot more forgiveable if it WAS parody even if parodying that has also been an outdated cliche for ages.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I love that this premise is just an entire genre now.