Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Mar 23, 2013

I believe it's mentioned that the boyfriend couldn't stand her mood anymore so he broke up and left. The apartment in which Ran and Keiko are right now (or the one when she first met again with ran if it's not the same) is the one in which Keiko was with the boyfriend

I don't remember him not having Keiko's number... it may be because of my bad memory but I can't find it

That's not what I got from the bar discussion he had with Ran, was there more flashback after that discussion? My memory might be more faulty than yours lol.
In any event, my point on her still stands, ultimately the boyfriend isn't important for anything than showing us keiko's character.
If she wants a long term relationship she cant close herself when hard things are happening. Like a previous poster said, unconditional love is mostly a myth, few are able to give that to another person. Most require that you are useful to them as well for a relationship of any kind continue on.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 4:00PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The ex-boyfriend left on his own (we see him on a picture with his luggage), because Keiko pushed him away after her miscarriage. He just couldn't stand her despair. He still tried to support her. Shows he didn't love her unconditionnaly though. She states that the appartment is too big for her, because boyfriend left.

I can't help but think that in similar circumstances, Ran wouldn't have left and would have weathered the storm of despair >.>

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 4:09PM

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

That's not what I got from the bar discussion he had with Ran, was there more flashback after that discussion? My memory might be more faulty than yours lol.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch21#8
"Though in the end I was the one who got tired"

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch32_5#3
"I used to live her with someone actually and well... things hapened"

And there is no sign of him trying to contact Keiko again

Yeah i get what you were trying to say, just that in your version the guys seemed too great compared to what I remembered x)

joined Apr 6, 2013

Well that April Fools day gave me at least three heart pains, Shou is already enough of a Troll, but he went all out on this.

joined Mar 23, 2013

The ex-boyfriend left on his own (we see him on a picture with his luggage), because Keiko pushed him away after her miscarriage. He just couldn't stand her despair. He still tried to support her. Shows he didn't love her unconditionnaly though. She states that the appartment is too big for her, because boyfriend left.

I can't help but think that in similar circumstances, Ran wouldn't have left and would have weathered the storm of despair >.>

Shows how she likes Keiko. Aside her and the family she gived zero fucks about strangers. Inb4 she calls her patients by numbers lol. Which makes me wonder why Keiko caught her eye in the first place.

And yeah I seemed to remember wrong about the BF, probably cause he's not important!

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 4:23PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's the other way around actually. It's Ran that caught the eye of Keiko.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch22_5#4

The author crafted a very complex alchemy between those two.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Ran said she likes people, lolwat.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ran said she likes people, lolwat.

Yeah, she likes people. If she didn't, she wouldn't study medicine, and she wouldn't work in that bar.

Ejej
joined Aug 24, 2014

These scanlators have impeccable timing. Right after April Fool's!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Can you imagine the rush they had to release it in time? sleepless nights!

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Leave it to Shou to troll us with a heart-stopping April Fool's joke while developing the relationship EVEN MORE.

Keiko clearly noticed herself how devastating it would be both if Ran moved and if she got a boyfriend; meanwhile we got to see how much living with Keiko means to Ran. I think it's clear at this point that these subtle details are on purpose.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Yeah, she likes people. If she didn't, she wouldn't study medicine, and she wouldn't work in that bar.

There's more than doin good as a reason to become a doctor. Top ranked graders area pushed towards being a doctor because it's well paid and has good reputation. You shouldn't believe all doctors are there for the "right reason" just like you shouldn't believe politicians "want to change things for the better".

Ran doesn't seem to care about people. No friends, when she goes out she barely acknowledge people and prefer to stuff her face. At the bar she barely listened to the BF's story. If she truly liked people she would want to listen to them, to talk to them interact on a deeper level.

Her "like" seems like the superficial kind when a person says he/she "likes babies" but awkwardly refuse to hold them when asked. It's a sort of "like" but from a comfortable distance. More because it is moral and the right thing to do rather than coming from the heart.

Maybe I'm wrong but Ran give me this naive feeling, perhaps it's because of her good upbringing like Keiko said compared to her own.

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Boon is a miracle worker. Stretch is always translated within a day, and a lot of interesting (not yuri) manga on his website. Read Kuro for instance.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

Tsk man why you gotta play me like that

joined Aug 19, 2014

..I really don't know whether it's a prank from the scanlator or the author.

Friggin april's fool

Errant Venture
Percival
joined Jun 25, 2014

omg too much troll

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

I'm so curious on Shou's process for this comic. I'm convinced that he inks with pen/ink on paper, and applies screentone digitally... But even then, how on earth do the pages come out so clean on screen?

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

I'm so curious on Shou's process for this comic. I'm convinced that he inks with pen/ink on paper, and applies screentone digitally... But even then, how on earth do the pages come out so clean on screen?

manga editors can do wonders... it takes a LOT of effort from them.. (I talk from experience..) lol so that's probably why it looks so clean =]

Man I had at least 3 heart attacks moments in just 1 chapter..lol april's fool didnt troll me on the right day..damn lol that's when you notice you are caring too much about characters who only stretch lol..and I mean.. there was no yuri proof other than my yuri goggles.. lol

last edited at Apr 3, 2015 9:51AM

Seira
joined Jun 3, 2013

These two are just ginormous trolls

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I almost cried 3 times in this one stupid April Fools chapter. Dammit Shou.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For all of the trolling, and Shou seriously knows what his audience really wants to see so it's kind of comforting, the April Fool's chapter really captures the two of them as a couple in one of their goofier moments. Ran is so Ran and Keiko is so Keiko in this chapter, and they've got such a smooth rapport between them.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

I can almost see the mentality behind pharmaceutical companies not selling cures, but treatments for symptoms, in how Shou does this.

By stringing us along, a single chapter can easily net 100+ posts with initial reactions, even beyond conjecture, flashbacks, theories, wild mass guessing, and so on.

If we were given yuri early on, the response, and the fandom, wouldn't be nearly as strong...

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

Even though my heart almost gave out from potential angst, it was so in character with how ridiculous they are I can't even be mad hahahaha. Bless u Shou. Bless you

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Next update on April 16. I don't know if I I should wait for it impatiently or dread it now. I know... it's both. Dammit Shou.

joined Mar 25, 2013

I have the feeling their reactions were genuine after Ran got outed that it was the 1 of April. Meaning that Keiko really didn't like the feeling of Ran having a boyfriend and she made that 'joke' because she was angry, and compensated with being too cheery for a joke, likewise Ran probably would have started crying if maybe Keiko waited a little bit before telling it was a 'joke' and she rained her tears in so that she could make it into a 'joke' as well.

Or well, maybe that's just wishful thinking, but nonetheless I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out like that. Cause Shou and he really doesn't include something that isn't meaningful in their conversation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.