Forum › Stretch discussion

joined Nov 30, 2011

The thing about Ran's gayness before this chapter is that she had no interest in men and she was attached to Keiko, am i the only one that thinks this is not enough to say she wants a piece of that Keiko? She could very well not feel like committing to a relationship at all

Well one way of looking at Ran's preferences with Keiko is how you would approach a crush and start dropping hints here and there to see how they feel about things and what your own chances are. Move to fast and they may react defensively, to slow and someone may nab them before you do. So in all, I think Ran has been developed rather well, and considering we all think she's gay, it might be more difficult for her to gauge Keiko's feelings despite them living together.

What i wanted was just one chapter, one simple chapter before this one that was being more honest with itself instead of baiting, hell, we kinda got that with Keiko admitting that Ran was probably her first love, i just wanted a little moment of Ran thinking more dearly about Keiko without it being fanservice for us readers

I would highly doubt we'd get a chapter that let's us into the character's mind to see what they are thinking. It's pretty rare to get some kind of serious thought bubbling going on. Most of the time it's spoken or shown through action (i.e. finding out Keiko called Ran like... 100 times when she went out drinking and Ran ran home when she say the call history). If anything, this may have given Ran the courage to basically tell Keiko that she loves her romantically. (If that's what really happened.)

But like i said a few pages back, this chapter was glorious and i am happy with it, could be happier, but still happy, my main concern is about the future of the series considering how this chapter arrived "suddenly" as i've said myself and also how quickly the miscarriage meta-plot got dumped with a single chapter explaining everything that we needed to know after months of buildup, i just want Shou to not rush the development of their relationship in order to appease the yuri fans,

I don't know about you but 27.5 was pretty friggen close lol.

hell, i'll even give him the kudos for still not sealing the deal in this chapter, just a little worry of mine and also to see what you guys think about it

This is actually my gut feeling lol. I don't expect anything drastic to happen....... yet!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I DONT WANT TO HAVE HOPE BUT

OH MY GOD THIS CHAPTER WAS SO CUTE

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Shou is going by the golden rule of "show, don't tell" regarding Ran interest in Keiko. She was the one that came with the idea of the two of them living together, she doesn't give the slightest attention to anyone outside her mom and Keiko, the whole arc of Ran's highschool meeting was all about driving home how important is Keiko for Ran. And I don't know about you, but you don't get dissapointed at someone by their lack of reaction at the chance of getting together with someone else or hop into the first train after a night of drinking just for a few calls/messages unless you're in love (or crushing real hard) with that person.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Sorry guys but i also agree that this chapter should be tagged as yuri.

Well i means now you think about it. Maybe Shou was not teasing us at all. Maybe it was just that how Ran approach the relationship. Slowly give out hint, and slowly wait for response. Not going too fast to face outright rejecting and destroy their close relationship. But a steady state, a bit of hint each time (pushing her breast on Ran, make teasing remark)

And once Ran a bit more confident that the feeling is likely to be mutual, we have a confession chapter here. This is yuri. No one here can deny that this is not yuri. One girl confess , and the other one turning away blushing. It is yuri now. The thing is while Keiko response was subtle,, However it was more of a delay rather than reject, and that's why Ran was so happy about it. That silent bit exchange was clearly can be interpreted as:

• Keiko: I'm very happy. But let me sort out my feeling first. Please keep a hold on this
  • Ran: Gladly. now you know my feeling. It's all yours to decide. Senpai!!

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 2:17AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I would highly doubt we'd get a chapter that let's us into the character's mind to see what they are thinking. It's pretty rare to get some kind of serious thought bubbling going on. Most of the time it's spoken or shown through action (i.e. finding out Keiko called Ran like... 100 times when she went out drinking and Ran ran home when she say the call history).

Well i said chapter thinking exactly of that, a random thought bubble could've been put easily in this chapter by sacrificing one of the stretching pages, but that's just not the style of the manga plus we'd be missing on some delicious stretches
But let's say if there was a chapter before this one where Ran casually mentions that valentine is coming and asks if Keiko has something planned for it and she just says a half assed 'not really' while paying attention to the TV and not seeing that Ran's face didn't have her usual hint of irony/sacarsm/Ran'ess before dropping the subject aside without making any gay valentine joke for the sake of bait, you know, just something simple with an impact, if Shou intended to make some kind of impact through those latest chapters it kinda went through me 'cause the bait fanservice lessened it, y'know

PineapplesForSale
Annie%20is%20bae2
joined May 25, 2013

sCREAMS BECAUSE SPOONING AND GAY SPOONING AND HONMEI CHOCOLATES AND RAN'S PANTEASE AND GAAAAAY.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

.....what in the hell did I just start O.o

sCREAMS BECAUSE SPOONING AND GAY SPOONING AND HONMEI CHOCOLATES AND RAN'S PANTEASE AND GAAAAAY.

Is this a summary of the last 4 pages of comments, or your own thoughts on the matter? I can't tell. They're exactly the same thing.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I propose a tag solely for Stretch: Requires yuri goggles (to work) or Subtle yuri

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I propose a tag solely for Stretch: Requires yuri goggles (to work) or Subtle yuri

I don't think "Subtle" is a word we can use anymore

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I can hear wedding bells already. :3

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

What about at the last page, Keiko said 'shut up and sleep' but she's actually blushing so she turned over?

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 4:03AM

joined Jul 5, 2014

What about at the last page, Keiko said 'shut up and sleep' but she's actually blushing so she turned over?

Classic case of tsundere sickness. It's a common ailment in manga and anime.

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

Classic case of tsundere sickness. It's a common ailment in manga and anime.

If I didn't care, I won't blush. Even Tsundere. Don't know why it'll be different for her 8D

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 4:03AM

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

@Kyonne I guess you're right. Well someone ought to tag this yuri right now or else.....!

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 4:07AM

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Maybe I've just been reading too much lesbian novels, but people this is how adult lesbian romance works. I repeat, adult yuri. We've just been way too spoiled and soiled by the YA stuff aka high school yuri

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Maybe I've just been reading too much lesbian novels, but people this is how adult lesbian romance works. I repeat, adult yuri. We've just been way too spoiled and soiled by the YA stuff aka high school yuri

This is just how a lot of romance in general works, slow and steady but it gets there (of course this varies a lot, some romances happen very quickly but this is a very realistic depiction of a growing relationship)

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Yuri? Someone who never read a yuri manga and sees this chapter would probably think: These young ladies are in love with each other, but are still a bit to shy to act on it. So yeah: yuri! Anyway they're cute, does anyone really wear pyjamas buttoned up like this?

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

I can't believe my eyes!!

Not only Higashiyama don't skipped St. Valentines... but gives us the most yuri charged chapter ever!?
I must be having a wonderful dream.

Ran is the cutest thing ever!! How can Keiko don't marry her right now, is something that I cannot understand.

Avatar_200px_moyashimon_aspergillus-oryzae
joined Mar 14, 2014

... and the forums exploded. LOL.

Anyone notice how Keiko ate Ran's chocolate right away, even after they were flung in a mess? Is that a sign of her already accepting Ran's feelings (on a subconscious level, since it's Keiko we're talking about here)? The look of surprise on Ran's face in page 5 seems to indicate something.

joined Jun 5, 2014

not yet yuri, still hanging in "shoujo-ai" ..
Ran on offense ..go get her girl!

PineapplesForSale
Annie%20is%20bae2
joined May 25, 2013

.....what in the hell did I just start O.o

Is this a summary of the last 4 pages of comments, or your own thoughts on the matter? I can't tell. They're exactly the same thing.

Both. Definitely both.

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

kyaaa! I'm sooooo haaaappyyyyy~~~~~~ I never thought this would happen -

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

They're so g-... yuri! I guess the only reason this chapter doesn't have the yuri or even subtext(WHICH IS NOT!) tag is becoz it would spoil the development.

942301_10151455987491840_2065344422_n
joined Aug 26, 2011

I can totally see the future...... yuri tag. Though I didn't expect that.

Pain
joined Jun 4, 2013

Does anyone know how the Japanese readers feel about recent developments? Google translating some of the comments on the Yawa site seem as though they're taking it positively.

To reply you must either login or sign up.